Episode 9 moved to December release

If there has been a "consensus" over the last 3-4 years it was that Disney was unstoppable with their "silo" approach with the different studios and new acquisitions. Now Warner Bros. and Universal have not only caught up with them, they are more profitable across all their genres and in many cases they are surpassing the actual grosses on top of that.

Disney doesn't make any cheapie home-runs like those two studios and every film is produced with a gargantuan budget...EVERY film except the DisneyNature films(insignificant). They are in the most precarious position of these "Big 3"(WB/UNi/Dis).

If there has been a "consensus" over the last 3-4 years it was that Disney was unstoppable with their "silo" approach with the different studios and new acquisitions. Now Warner Bros. and Universal have not only caught up with them, they are more profitable across all their genres and in many cases they are surpassing the actual grosses on top of that.

Disney doesn't make any cheapie home-runs like those two studios and every film is produced with a gargantuan budget...EVERY film except the DisneyNature films(insignificant). They are in the most precarious position of these "Big 3"(WB/UNi/Dis).

It's the SAME problem with the bs upcharges at parks...

You do great box office, the street expects to "bank" it every quarter...and a stockslave like iger tries to force the public to go along with that and keep buying...even if there's is nothing substantial to sell.

Bad management...to be honest. But predictable.

It's the SAME problem with the bs upcharges at parks...

You do great box office, the street expects to "bank" it every quarter...and a stockslave like iger tries to force the public to go along with that and keep buying...even if there's is nothing substantial to sell.

Bad management...to be honest. But predictable.

Very good point! The irony is the stock is doing horribly.

I'm going to be the one to argue despicable me 3 underperforming. Yes it did break a billion but what is it supposed to do? Overseas it's not doing minions numbers and the fact that it stalled so much here in America that it won't get past Sing is extremely noticeable. It's still a huge success don't get me wrong but it's not performing THAT well or at least compared to minions or despicable me 2
Also the budget is only that because animation was outsourced to France just an FYI. With Illumination, Sony outsourcing for both emoji and sausage party, warner doing australian and Canadian studios for its toons and dreamworks outsourcing captain underpants to Canada is not good for the animation industry. We may be counting too much before it goes through

When its my turn to pick a movie on Netflix, I always get veto'd by my wife when I suggest Sausage Party....lol

Correct.

No new ideas...no new character/story development...

Over reliance on the box office in the "developing world" and trying to capture the attention of "the no attention span" generations...

The future does not look bright for movies. I'm thinking more "epic" tv like game of thrones might be the way to go...

Absolutely. Everything is visual effects. So few movies have a good story with character development these days. Visual effects are good, but should compliment the movie, not dominate it.

When its my turn to pick a movie on Netflix, I always get veto'd by my wife when I suggest Sausage Party....lol
I recommended it on a church trip just to hear the reactions. We didn't watch it :(. Not that it's a masterpiece or agood movie

Well if Coco bombs this Thanksgiving there may some big changes coming for Pixar. That will be the THIRD $200 million Pixar flop in just two years time. This same time frame saw 4 Universal crapfests make major bank(Minions/Secret Life Pets/Sing/Despicable Me 3) on $75 million budgets apiece.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter