Everthing you wanted to know about Uber/Lyft at WDW

Question (I may have asked this before, but I can't find it....sorry if I am redundant)…

When staying at OKW, does the Uber/Lyft driver pick-up/drop-off at your building or is there a different, specified pick-up/drop-off point? I have both apps (never used Lyft yet) and I only use them at WDW so I have a whopping 3 Uber rides in my history:lmao:.

Interesting Uber experience yesterday. I selected an Uber X to go from the Contemporary to Port Orleans French Quarter but a guy driving a Toyota Sienna showed up and when I told him I had selected the Uber X he became very indignant and told me not to worry about it. When I got emailed receipt the amt was not the lower price for the Uber X but the higher by $5 price for the Uber XL.

I’ve definitely had XL vehicles pick us up for X rides, it’s their choice if they want to take them, but it should be at the X price you were quoted. I would contact customer service, you can do it right through the app. One time at home in NY I had a driver drop me off and then not mark the ride as completed and then go a totally different way like he was going home (my neighborhood has zero pickups.). I contacted him through the app and finally it marked as done. But then I was billed like $10 more than I should have! Thankfully it was the same exact trip I had taken before (Newark to Staten Island), and I noted that in the message to customer service to compare as well and they removed the extra charge.

Question (I may have asked this before, but I can't find it....sorry if I am redundant)…

When staying at OKW, does the Uber/Lyft driver pick-up/drop-off at your building or is there a different, specified pick-up/drop-off point? I have both apps (never used Lyft yet) and I only use them at WDW so I have a whopping 3 Uber rides in my history:lmao:.
Yes. they can pick up wherever you place the pin, and drop off wherever you like within the resort. It's a good idea to be at the location where you want to be picked up when you request the ride. Also, keep your phone available in case they can't find you and want to reach you by phone or sms.

Heading down very soon to the mouse ,thinking of using uber some night .have never used uber at Disney world ,i was looking over this thread and read the pick up stop have changed sometimes so i would like to know the most up to date pick up spot for each park (so when i request a uber i am in the right spot and do not miss them ).the more detailed the better thank you for any help you may have

Interesting Uber experience yesterday. I selected an Uber X to go from the Contemporary to Port Orleans French Quarter but a guy driving a Toyota Sienna showed up and when I told him I had selected the Uber X he became very indignant and told me not to worry about it. When I got emailed receipt the amt was not the lower price for the Uber X but the higher by $5 price for the Uber XL.
How many people in your party?

Hoping someone can tell me if there's a workaround or if I'm SOL with a new user code for Uber.
Background:

• A few months ago, I got a promo code from Citi Cards for $10 off my first two rides. The expiration date in the email was listed as 7/23/18.
  • I downloaded the Uber app, applied it to promos, and the expiration date was shown as 6/21/18. Ugh.
  • Here's the problem -- I knew I needed to use it between 6/23-6/30, which is why I applied the code in the first place.
  • I contacted Uber and they were so unhelpful. I clearly explained the situation. I asked if they could just delete the code (since I don't have the ability to do it) or somehow get the expiration date changed to the date in the Citi email which at one point I forwarded to them at their request as proof.
  • The responses varied from telling me how to apply a promo code in the app, to confirm that 'yes' I do have the promo code applied to my account, but never addressing my actual dilemma or even acknowledging that they understood the problem.
  • I finally got someone after several back-and-forths (a different CSR responded each time) who asked for a copy of the email, said they understood and would be forwarding my email/attachment to the department who could get it fixed.
  • A little over a week later, I followed up, and I got an auto-response of, "We're sorry, it's been more than 7 days since the last communication on this email chain" (something like that) and that I would have to start the process over! Needless to say, it wasn't worth my time.
So, now that 6/21 has passed and the code no longer appears in promos, I thought I would start fresh. It won't let me apply any new user code because it said I've already used one. I have not. Yes, I had one applied, but it was never used (and they should know that). So, I guess I'm just out of luck as far as ever getting a new user code despite never using one? In the grand scheme of things, it's not that big of a deal -- it's just the principle of it.

Heading down very soon to the mouse ,thinking of using uber some night .have never used uber at Disney world ,i was looking over this thread and read the pick up stop have changed sometimes so i would like to know the most up to date pick up spot for each park (so when i request a uber i am in the right spot and do not miss them ).the more detailed the better thank you for any help you may have
I used Lyft quite a few times while I was down there last week. I was told that they can not enter the parks. I had to walk to the Contemporary or catch the ferry to TTC to get any form of taxi besides the Minnie Vans while at MK.

I used Lyft quite a few times while I was down there last week. I was told that they can not enter the parks. I had to walk to the Contemporary or catch the ferry to TTC to get any form of taxi besides the Minnie Vans while at MK.

That only applies to the Magic Kingdom.

Hoping someone can tell me if there's a workaround or if I'm SOL with a new user code for Uber.
Background:

• A few months ago, I got a promo code from Citi Cards for $10 off my first two rides. The expiration date in the email was listed as 7/23/18.
  • I downloaded the Uber app, applied it to promos, and the expiration date was shown as 6/21/18. Ugh.
  • Here's the problem -- I knew I needed to use it between 6/23-6/30, which is why I applied the code in the first place.
  • I contacted Uber and they were so unhelpful. I clearly explained the situation. I asked if they could just delete the code (since I don't have the ability to do it) or somehow get the expiration date changed to the date in the Citi email which at one point I forwarded to them at their request as proof.
  • The responses varied from telling me how to apply a promo code in the app, to confirm that 'yes' I do have the promo code applied to my account, but never addressing my actual dilemma or even acknowledging that they understood the problem.
  • I finally got someone after several back-and-forths (a different CSR responded each time) who asked for a copy of the email, said they understood and would be forwarding my email/attachment to the department who could get it fixed.
  • A little over a week later, I followed up, and I got an auto-response of, "We're sorry, it's been more than 7 days since the last communication on this email chain" (something like that) and that I would have to start the process over! Needless to say, it wasn't worth my time.
So, now that 6/21 has passed and the code no longer appears in promos, I thought I would start fresh. It won't let me apply any new user code because it said I've already used one. I have not. Yes, I had one applied, but it was never used (and they should know that). So, I guess I'm just out of luck as far as ever getting a new user code despite never using one? In the grand scheme of things, it's not that big of a deal -- it's just the principle of it.
Have you tried calling them by phone, rather than messaging support? They will fix it in a heartbeat if you can get through to the right person, and usually phone support is much more responsive. A lot of the message support messages are just bots.

Shortly before your trip, downliad the lyft app. Link it to your delta frequent flyer mile account. Never fly delta? Doesn’t matter, Set up the account and do it anyway. Lyft has more coupons than uber. The delta thing will get you more coupons.

Got another email account to try? That's what I'd do

I guess I could have DH download the app -- at this point, just because they infuriated me so much, I think I'm going to let it go and just use Lyft.

Have you tried calling them by phone, rather than messaging support? They will fix it in a heartbeat if you can get through to the right person, and usually phone support is much more responsive. A lot of the message support messages are just bots.

I couldn't find a number to call them. It totally wouldn't surprise me if their message support reps are bots because while I gave the short version above, this went on for like 3 weeks with me responding to them and them responding to me every couple of days -- I honestly thought I was being punk'd by the lack of understanding of the issue by anyone -- it was beyond maddening.

I was really hoping at the very least once the expiration date passed, the app would recognize that I never used the code and allow me to still be a "new user". No such luck, though.

The only one that is difficult right now is HS. It's moving around due to construction. I haven't a clue where it is. Last time I was there they've moved the pick up that day and the signs hadn't been moved and they still sent you to the wrong spot. Hopefully, they've fixed that and you can follow signs now. At AK and Epcot you follow signs for Passenger Pick up/Drop Off. It's very easy. MK too, but theirs is at TTC so you have to monorail or ferry over there first.

The only one that is difficult right now is HS. It's moving around due to construction. I haven't a clue where it is. Last time I was there they've moved the pick up that day and the signs hadn't been moved and they still sent you to the wrong spot. Hopefully, they've fixed that and you can follow signs now. At AK and Epcot you follow signs for Passenger Pick up/Drop Off. It's very easy. MK too, but theirs is at TTC so you have to monorail or ferry over there first.

:-) thank you

I guess I could have DH download the app -- at this point, just because they infuriated me so much, I think I'm going to let it go and just use Lyft.

I couldn't find a number to call them. It totally wouldn't surprise me if their message support reps are bots because while I gave the short version above, this went on for like 3 weeks with me responding to them and them responding to me every couple of days -- I honestly thought I was being punk'd by the lack of understanding of the issue by anyone -- it was beyond maddening.

I was really hoping at the very least once the expiration date passed, the app would recognize that I never used the code and allow me to still be a "new user". No such luck, though.
Sorry you're having that problem, and hopefully you'll be able to reach the right person to help. You might also try contacting them via the Uber website, rather than the app.

Both Uber and Lyft are VERY customer oriented and usually fall all over themselves to make things right.

I just saw a commercial for Uber. It looks like the customers added a description of what they were wearing, to make it easier for the driver to find the passenger. Has this been put into practice?

I just saw a commercial for Uber. It looks like the customers added a description of what they were wearing, to make it easier for the driver to find the passenger. Has this been put into practice?
Unless you add it after pick up confirmation no.

OMG, I hope not! LOL.

I can see it now:

"I'm wearing a Mickey Mouse teeshirt, and my DD5 is wearing an adorable light blue Cinderella dress. We're standing right next to a big, really smelly guy wearing a dirty wife-beater with some kind of slogan on the front that I don't understand."

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter