Everyone's upcoming trips

Updated to here. I was reading something about Fl. passholder block outs on another board.... does anyone know anything about that??? As someone planning to move to FL this might be important info :)

Last night I made reservations for the 4 of us to stay at the Wilderness Lodge for 3 nights so we can go to the Star Wars Weekends in June!!! I can't believe I'm going back! :yoda: :darth: :ewok: :chewy:

And it was a surprise for me. My DH is not a traveler and, although he's said he wanted to go to SWW, I never thought he'd say "book it". I took advantage that he did and we're going. I think it is in like 25 days. HOLY COW. :woohoo: :banana: :yay: :dance3:

I had to tell someone. My kids don't know.

Well, Mickster, you will be swing by IN to pick me up to travel as the babysitter, right???

I have a wonderful time!!!!
I'm so happy for you!!!
Can I have a postcard for just me???

I was riding in the zoo train yesterday and my kids were saying that it sort of remind them of the train ride to rafiki's planet watch.. I said yes...and DH chimed in..now how long again til we go.. I smiled..and said it can't be soon enough.. May 2008!

I know you do...but it will be that much more special when he isn't as stressed out!!!! :) Maybe you all can go to celebrate the new job.... I know Mike is already talking about going again and we haven't even been back to our planned one! I think I may have converted him!

Congrats Mickster! We were there once for Star Wars weekends and although we aren't huge fans so we didn't do any of the special events, it was really neat to see the characters. There were storm troopers on the roof of the turnstiles when you walked in - that was so cool!

Buffy - I can feel your pain - I know you must be going through withdrawal, but you will get back there eventually!

My DH just started a new job and he won't be able to take a vacation until early 2009! I'm so bummed. He's fine with me going places without him, but I only have so many options. Are we still thinking SDV for next summer? I may need it!

Last night I made reservations for the 4 of us to stay at the Wilderness Lodge for 3 nights so we can go to the Star Wars Weekends in June!!! I can't believe I'm going back! :yoda: :darth: :ewok: :chewy:

And it was a surprise for me. My DH is not a traveler and, although he's said he wanted to go to SWW, I never thought he'd say "book it". I took advantage that he did and we're going. I think it is in like 25 days. HOLY COW. :woohoo: :banana: :yay: :dance3:

What are your dates? I will be there June 5, 11 and then June 24-27. Do our dates connect at all?:confused3

Sorry to Hijack, but Nancy I just noticed your scrap pages counter, that is awesome!

Thanks Dyan!
I just happened to see it on tickerfactory and I thought what a great motivational tool for me (especially me!)... ;)

As for kidnapping me.. probably won't happen... we are going to WDW the first week of June 2008 (7 days at Disney; 3 days w/ Grams & Gramps in Ft. Myers)...and school starts mid-August.. along w/ all the sports and clubs... but maybe DH will say yes...

Thanks Dyan!
I just happened to see it on tickerfactory and I thought what a great motivational tool for me (especially me!)... ;)

As for kidnapping me.. probably won't happen... we are going to WDW the first week of June (7 days at Disney; 3 days w/ Grams & Gramps in Ft. Myers)...and school starts mid-August.. along w/ all the sports and clubs... but maybe DH will say yes...

Will you be there the 5th or 11th?

Oh, how exciting!! I love quick trips to WDW!! I was trying to arrange a 3 day one for Flower and Garden Show...it makes be feel happy after a long winter. But, it looked too expensive this year. Maybe this Fall it will work. I'm going to be grounded this summer with mommy duty!

I think my WDW trips are going to be minimal the next 2 years due to a 2 week trip to Hawaii in 2008 for International competition...music. Oh well, it will be a great sacrifice!

Star Wars weekend is fun. Though I'm not a big fan, MGM really sets
the atmosphere with the music and the characters, etc. Have fun, Mickster!!

Nancy, I thought you were going this coming October? So, it's June 2008?

Sorry Dyan.. I meant to add June 2008!
So, keep you calendar open for June 2008 meet!!!! ;)

:sad1: I am even staying at the Seralago. I thought for sure we would meet! Let me know you dates for next June, I see a weekend trip in our future of 2008!:)

Oh, how exciting!! I love quick trips to WDW!! I was trying to arrange a 3 day one for Flower and Garden Show...it makes be feel happy after a long winter. But, it looked too expensive this year. Maybe this Fall it will work. I'm going to be grounded this summer with mommy duty!

I think my WDW trips are going to be minimal the next 2 years due to a 2 week trip to Hawaii in 2008 for International competition...music. Oh well, it will be a great sacrifice!

Star Wars weekend is fun. Though I'm not a big fan, MGM really sets
the atmosphere with the music and the characters, etc. Have fun, Mickster!!

Nancy, I thought you were going this coming October? So, it's June 2008?

We were going in October 2007... but the more we thought about it(band thing to do)..and with the kids' classes for next year (accelerated) Mike was freaking out about them missing too much school...and course work... I was planning on taking work with us..and so were the kids... but rather than have them behind..we just postponed...besides.. the week we wanted to go down..was confrence championships for Cross Country..and we'd hate to break the streak of DD running every year since she began.. this will be her
3rd consecutive year running this big event...

:sad1: I am even staying at the Seralago. I thought for sure we would meet! Let me know you dates for next June, I see a weekend trip in our future of 2008!:)

Right now.. we are leaving the day school lets out in 2008 which is May 30th.. We are driving so we will be down there on May 31st..but won't check in til June 1st- June 7th at WDW..
Now if I can talk DS11 into flying we'll be down and checked in on May30! LOL

We'll be there June 15-18. I can't wait. We all are Star Wars fans here. The boys are more of a fan than the girls though. We just want to see Mickey as a Jedi. :) Should be fun. My DH hasn't gone with kids in a while. The last time DD was 14 months old and she will be 4 in June.

Ok somehow I don't think I've ever seen this thread. LOL Maybe I was just in denial since I didn't have a trip planned but I can now happily say we are going Aug 10-13 for a quick weekend and staying at the WL. My DH and I are taking my mom and sis so it should be an interesting weekend to say the least. My sis can't wait to show my DH all around. He thinks I move from place to place to quickly just wait until he tours with her.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter