Everything PhotoPass & Memory Maker

We only have one MDE account (mine) and everyone is listed in the "My Planning Party".
Memory Maker aside, I would really consider changing this approach. Disney designed the technology infrastructure to work the best when everyone who is 13+ and has their own device is set up with their own My Disney Experience account, especially if you're going to be splitting up. Disney technology stinks to begin with, and stacking up a bunch of adults under a single adult's "Plans Managed By Me" list adds to the list of potential things that can go wrong.

Memory Maker aside, I would really consider changing this approach. Disney designed the technology infrastructure to work the best when everyone who is 13+ and has their own device is set up with their own My Disney Experience account, especially if you're going to be splitting up. Disney technology stinks to begin with, and stacking up a bunch of adults under a single adult's "Plans Managed By Me" list adds to the list of potential things that can go wrong.

You have much more recent experience than I do since our last visit was New Years 2019. At that time it worked fine to just have one MDE account.

On this trip, I had everyone just using one MDE account expressly because I thought it would give us the best chance of avoiding Disney technology problems - LOL! I may consider splitting everyone up into their own accounts. Thanks for the advice.

I’ll comment on the photographer availability. There were plenty in the parks in January so that shouldn’t be an issue. I did not however see them at the hotel in January and two August visits. I stayed at Coronado Springs and Pop. Also spent a lot of time at Yacht and Beach Club. Someone recently wrote a trip report that they stayed at Grand Floridian and didn’t see them there. In summary, lots in the parks but hotel photos may be hit or miss to none at all. I still say go for it! I love memory maker!

You have much more recent experience than I do since our last visit was New Years 2019. At that time it worked fine to just have one MDE account.

On this trip, I had everyone just using one MDE account expressly because I thought it would give us the best chance of avoiding Disney technology problems - LOL! I may consider splitting everyone up into their own accounts. Thanks for the advice.
Having read multiple posts about accidentally creating duplicates of F&F members in MDE accounts, I would be cautious about having everyone create their own MDE account and then linking them to their profiles in your MDE if you're close to your trip. If you have some time before your trip, so that you can make sure everyone links properly and isn't duplicated in your F&F list, great. But if your trip is next week, I might wait.

We are going on a 10 day trip in May and June and are considering adding Memory Maker. We haven't been to the parks since before Covid and are going with our daughter, son and new daughter-in-law. It's her first DisneyWorld trip ever so I thought it would be fun to have tons of special pictures.

Are there still plenty of Photopass photographers in the parks? Has anyone seen them at the resorts? Years ago there was one at the Poly and we got some really wonderful pictures taken there.

We only have one MDE account (mine) and everyone is listed in the "My Planning Party". If the Memory Maker is linked to the MDE account, will everyone's magic bands work to link the pictures to our account? We will be splitting up quite a bit during this trip, and I want to make sure that magic bands other than mine will work to link photos.

Thanks for your help!
We were there during the last week of February and there were plenty of Photographers. Some had long lines but they were really taking their time with us, even doing mini photo shoots with the kids! We have some wonderful pictures that I will cherish for a long time!
We were lucky enough to see three Photopass photographers at the poly on different occasions - once in the lobby when we checked in, one outside of Obama after we came out of dinner and one outside of the lava pool (on the grass area) when we were on a pool break - and we got some amazing shots! They really took the time to pose us and did some magic shots for the kids!

I really thought it was worth it and will most likely get it on every trip 😊

We were there during the last week of February and there were plenty of Photographers. Some had long lines but they were really taking their time with us, even doing mini photo shoots with the kids! We have some wonderful pictures that I will cherish for a long time!
We were lucky enough to see three Photopass photographers at the poly on different occasions - once in the lobby when we checked in, one outside of Obama after we came out of dinner and one outside of the lava pool (on the grass area) when we were on a pool break - and we got some amazing shots! They really took the time to pose us and did some magic shots for the kids!

I really thought it was worth it and will most likely get it on every trip 😊

Thanks so much for your post! It has encouraged me to go ahead and buy the Memory Maker. Those shots we got by Photopass photographers at the Poly years ago were some of the best family photos we ever had. My mother still keeps one displayed in her living room.

We have never actually stayed at the Poly before but are doing so this trip. I will definitely keep an eye out for photographers there. Now I have another reason to be excited about our upcoming vacation!

Are memory maker shares still a thing? I used to see lots of threads for them by the months of travel and don't see that with my search tonight.
TIA.

My brother is checking in a week before me, and then my parents a few days later, and then finally my family. Our trips are overlapping with each other by a few days. If I purchase Memory Maker, will I be able to download the rest of my family's photos (including from the days before I check in)? We are all linked as friends & family on MDE.

It is my understanding that the discounted military photopass must be purchased in the park? Would I be able to purchase it toward the end of my trip after seeing if the photos are worth it?

My son plans on proposing by fountain at the castle. Do photopass photographers "hang" out there? I tried Capture the Moment, but they are booked for May 13th online. If you call can you get anywhere?

My son plans on proposing by fountain at the castle. Do photopass photographers "hang" out there? I tried Capture the Moment, but they are booked for May 13th online. If you call can you get anywhere?
I’m not sure if there will be a photographer at the exact spot but there are usually a handful on the way to the castle and in front of the castle. However there are usually lines for the photographers so hard to grab a photographer spontaneously. He might have to wait in a line first and when they say hi to the photographer and he scans his magic band w/the photographer (make sure to do that first) then he can start proposing and I’m sure the photographer will be snapping away!

One of my friends is going to be at WDW the same week we are. I have an AP with memory maker and I am wondering if we are connected as friends in MDE if she can get her pictures, too.

I think that was how it worked in the past, just making sure it won't screw anything up since we aren't technically traveling together.

One of my friends is going to be at WDW the same week we are. I have an AP with memory maker and I am wondering if we are connected as friends in MDE if she can get her pictures, too.

I think that was how it worked in the past, just making sure it won't screw anything up since we aren't technically traveling together.
You will be able to see and download her photos and then share them with her via flash drive, email, etc.

I have a quick question about only having one person in your group of family & friends purchasing Memory Maker. My family and two other groups are going to Disney World in a few weeks and we are all linked together on Family & Friends through our respective MDE accounts. I plan on purchasing Memory Maker now (to get the $30 advance discount) and then simply download everyone's photos once our trip was over and send them to the other two groups (we already have permissions set up for Sharing Disney PhotoPass Photos). However, the other two groups arrive three days before my family does. Since we are sharing all PhotoPass photos, will i still be able to download any pictures they take in the three days before we arrive? Will i also need to activate the PhotoPass before I arrive or can I wait till I get there? Thanks!

I have a quick question about only having one person in your group of family & friends purchasing Memory Maker. My family and two other groups are going to Disney World in a few weeks and we are all linked together on Family & Friends through our respective MDE accounts. I plan on purchasing Memory Maker now (to get the $30 advance discount) and then simply download everyone's photos once our trip was over and send them to the other two groups (we already have permissions set up for Sharing Disney PhotoPass Photos). However, the other two groups arrive three days before my family does. Since we are sharing all PhotoPass photos, will i still be able to download any pictures they take in the three days before we arrive? Will i also need to activate the PhotoPass before I arrive or can I wait till I get there? Thanks!
As long as you purchase MM at least 3 days prior to any photos being taken for anyone in either group, you will have access to those as part of the MM purchase. MM is activated when you go to download the first photo/video.

I will be visiting Disney twice in May a few weeks apart. Can I use the same memory maker for both trips or will I need to buy a new one for the the next trip? We are staying at different Disney resorts, I will be there both times but a few different people the 2nd trip

I am a bit sheepish. I waited on hold a while to get help finding some missing photos, only to find out that I as on My Photos rather than "Include Family and Friends".

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter