Extra Fastpasses for club level guests?????

I just read an article that Disney is suppose to roll out this plan on Friday. But my question is. After you used your three fast passes in the past you were able to get another one if available. So are they going to do away with that option and just start charging?

I just read an article that Disney is suppose to roll out this plan on Friday. But my question is. After you used your three fast passes in the past you were able to get another one if available. So are they going to do away with that option and just start charging?

there are so many unknowns the first of which is this really even happening.......... but it sounds like nothing would change except for club level guests who would have the option of purchasing 3 additional fast passes at 50per person per day. I'm just curious how it would work in regards to including all rides, if then all 6 fast passes would have to be used before booking another , etc

everyone else would continue to book there 3 and then book a 4th after their first three were used and so on and so on

but all the details need to be released by Disney to truly know what is going on

Im curious about the nighttime show that is included with the 3 additional FPs. Did anyone see anything specific about that? Was is a dessert party or viewing spot?

I don’t mind paying for extra FPs but think it’s unfair for just Club Level reservations. What about DVCers who can’t Club Level? (With the exception of a few rooms at AKV).
Life’s not fair, I know, but what the heck?
As you say life isn't fair, people who stay Club Level can't get the same discount on annual passes that DVC members do. In any case just my opinion but if a family of 4 wants to spend an extra $200 a day for 3 more FP they should give their heads a shake.

As you say life isn't fair, people who stay Club Level can't get the same discount on annual passes that DVC members do. In any case just my opinion but if a family of 4 wants to spend an extra $200 a day for 3 more FP they should give their heads a shake.
Personally, in a party of 4 where I’m paying for everyone, I wouldn’t do it. In a party of 2, where I’m paying, I might. Depends on the time of year and the park being visited.

This actually doesn't really bother me. Stuff like this has been going on for a long time (aka VIP tours). For a family of four, if you have to book this for three days (?), this is a $600 investment. That's not too much off of a day's worth of VIP tours, and not nearly as luxurious.

It's not a secret that if you pay the cash you can get pretty much anything at Disney. Just talk to a Disney Events staffer. They'll give you the World if the money's right.

This actually doesn't really bother me. Stuff like this has been going on for a long time (aka VIP tours). For a family of four, if you have to book this for three days (?), this is a $600 investment. That's not too much off of a day's worth of VIP tours, and not nearly as luxurious.

It's not a secret that if you pay the cash you can get pretty much anything at Disney. Just talk to a Disney Events staffer. They'll give you the World if the money's right.

Not the same. Anyone can purchase that.
This offer is only for people staying club level. And it's not a perk, it's a purchase.

Perhaps this is why it bothers me a bit. It's not like you are paying an exorbitant price for a room that includes the extra fast passes - that's a perk.
You are paying for a Club level room, and they offer you the chance to PURCHASE extra fast passes.
I may be mistaken, but I can't think of a time where WDW has only offered something "extra" for purchase for a select group of people. Usually it's for all.

Last edited:

Not the same. Anyone can purchase that.
This offer is only for people staying club level. And it's not a perk, it's a purchase.

Perhaps this is why it bothers me a bit. It's not like you are paying an exorbitant price for a room that includes the extra fast passes - that's a perk.
You are paying for a Club level room, and they offer you the chance to PURCHASE extra fast passes.
I may be mistaken, but I can't think of a time where WDW has only offered something "extra" for purchase for a select group of people. Usually it's for all.

How is it not the same? You shell out cash either way. If I were going to choose either I would not stay Club Level and purchase a VIP tour instead. Club Level wasn't that impressive to me really. Expensive hotels do this kind of thing all the time, example: the most expensive hotels are inevitably the ones who charge for wi-fi.

I've heard this is a pilot program, which would make the Club Level thing make sense. If Disney senses this is a money-maker, you can bet that they're expanding this as soon as they can.

How is it not the same? You shell out cash either way. If I were going to choose either I would not stay Club Level and purchase a VIP tour instead. Club Level wasn't that impressive to me really. Expensive hotels do this kind of thing all the time, example: the most expensive hotels are inevitably the ones who charge for wi-fi.

I've heard this is a pilot program, which would make the Club Level thing make sense. If Disney senses this is a money-maker, you can bet that they're expanding this as soon as they can.

No one else is able to purchase extra fast passes. Club level is allowed to purchase extra fast passes. Not the same as everyone being able to purchase a VIP guide. Club level has a finite amount of people who can book it. Everyone means everyone.

Ouch at $50 pp, no way! We are staying CL this go around but I wouldn't drop 250 a day for 3 fast passes!!

No one else is able to purchase extra fast passes. Club level is allowed to purchase extra fast passes. Not the same as everyone being able to purchase a VIP guide. Club level has a finite amount of people who can book it. Everyone means everyone.
Yes, but anyone can pay extra for Club Level. If you want the perk, and have the money, you can pay extra to book that room and then to get the tickets. There is no prerequisite for booking club level other than cash. Same goes for VIP tours, you can always book them, you just have to have the cash. And before we get into the rooms being booked, the VIP tours can also book up, so again, all that stands between you and that access in cash. But that's not what bothers me, sure, Disney has done this for a long time, good for them, what bothers me is that it's very much a rob from the poor to feed the rich move. What do I mean? Here:

The extra fastpasses make me a bit upset, but the thing that really pisses me off is the possibility of a 90 days booking window. That's just wrong, why? Because it's making it so certain guests staying at a Disney resort can't get fastpasses for the popular rides because the richy riches have taken them all. It's one thing to give people more, it's something else entirely to essentially remove a privilege from one person to give it to another without flat out just saying it. It is dishonest at best. VIP tours operate outside this system and therefore do not impact it, these proposed changes to fastpasses however operate within the general system and thus, impact it. Oh and it's not just Tron, you can kiss Flight of Passage, Frozen Ever After and Seven Dwarf's Mine train fastpasses goodbye and many others will be much more limited. There are a lot of Club level rooms at Walt Disney World and I can't imagine a single person who would we willing to pay that premium charge and not take advantage of this, especially over time as it becomes normalized rather than outrageous.

So at first I thought this was kind of silly and something we wouldn't be interested in. With solid planning (a combination of booking FP+ at 60 days plus touring strategies), I've always been able to get what we want in terms of rides. However, throw in the extra 30 days plus a nighttime show? Yeah, it would probably be worth it for our family especially during busy holiday seasons. We are prone to do dessert parties anyway for the views, so doing this sounds like it would be the equivalent cost, plus 3 FP+, but minus the desserts that we don't really eat anyway. I'll be interested in seeing how it's structured if it's even true.

I'll Piggyback off this and say think about the possibilities of being able to do TT, Soarin, and FEA or both rides in Pandora same day without waiting in lines with your family for hours!! (If Disney will even allow this) This would dramatically save time and actually cut back on families like me who have to buy additional park days to get all of these rides in. I have three young kids so rope dropping and moving fast doesn't work for me lol :)

Personally, in a party of 4 where I’m paying for everyone, I wouldn’t do it. In a party of 2, where I’m paying, I might. Depends on the time of year and the park being visited.

But what if a party of 4 was planning on spending money for a dessert party? I agree this would only be beneficial at certain times of the year but for the same price as most of the dessert parties you would get 3 additional rides which to some families may consider more valuable then one of those parties. But again that family would already be planning on spending additional money for more value, better seating, etc

But what if a party of 4 was planning on spending money for a dessert party? I agree this would only be beneficial at certain times of the year but for the same price as most of the dessert parties you would get 3 additional rides which to some families may consider more valuable then one of those parties. But again that family would already be planning on spending additional money for more value, better seating, etc
I agree it may be beneficial for some in that situation. Especially if it’s a one and done trip.

We as a family LOVE to stay CL when we can, but the price tag on that upgrade is large enough that really there should be no extra charge for the additional FP's. I am not against CL having the "perk", I think it would be a good draw to CL. But charging extra is yucky.

These will be insanely popular. Let's take a family of four staying Club at the Poly for a week after Easter (crowded) They are paying roughly $8000 for that with taxes etc

To add this on will be $200 a day times six park days....$1200. It will be a no-brainer for many guests.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter