Extra Fastpasses for club level guests?????

Ronferr80

Mouseketeer
Curious if anyone read the article posted regarding extra fast passes for Club level guests. It reads that only club level guests would be allowed to book 3 extra fast passes (6 in total) for an extra charge of 50 per person. Guests would need to be staying a minimum of 3 nights to utilize this service. Disney has not confirmed or denied at this time

Wanted to get peoples thoughts, opinions, info, etc regarding this potential news. I'm staying Club level for the first time this April and wonder if offered if its something I would consider doing..........

I wonder how it will be done. It says $50 per day - is your entire stay or not at all? I would want 6 FPs that I can pre-schedule in MK, but they'd be useless in Epcot and HS, unless you can have more than one tier 1. I wouldn't want to spend an extra $50 for the days I was planning HS & Epcot.

I think they are trying to find the price point at which people will pay for fast passes, and for that reason, I don't like it. It doesn't pass the "sniff test" for me.

So this is most recent post who originally posted article!! He seems pretty positive but I guess time will tell!!

Attachments

• 2D591F00-2453-46BE-A462-AC63C592F587.jpeg
    2D591F00-2453-46BE-A462-AC63C592F587.jpeg
    55.4 KB · Views: 70
It's kind of silly. Why only Club level?

Offering more fast passes based on resort level - Club, Deluxe, Moderate, Value - and not charging extra is one thing - pay more, get more.
But why would someone staying at a moderate or value not be offered to pay an extra $50 for fast passes? I mean if the point is to make money, why would you only make that offer to Club level?

I don’t mind paying for extra FPs but think it’s unfair for just Club Level reservations. What about DVCers who can’t Club Level? (With the exception of a few rooms at AKV).
Life’s not fair, I know, but what the heck?

View attachment 293466 Latest...book at 90 days also get a bonus for night time shows.

90 days??? That is bull. Being able to buy more is easier to swallow than also getting to book earlier. They get to book 6 fast passes a person at 90 days out, off-site (some) hotels get to book with everyone else at 60 days out...those staying at the WDW hotels (not Club Level) will really be getting screwed.

Forget being able to ride Tron when it opens. By the time that happens regular Disney hotel guests will probably won't be able to enter until noon! :rotfl:

We were upgraded to CL for our last stay. It was really nice to have use of the lounge but tbh, it would be difficult to justify the additional cost based on that experience. That said, it makes perfect sense that Disney would attempt to add value to the package by including an additional perk. This is likely enough to make the difference for us personally, but it's the least they can do for the premium they're asking for, IMO.

We were upgraded to CL for our last stay. It was really nice to have use of the lounge but tbh, it would be difficult to justify the additional cost based on that experience. That said, it makes perfect sense that Disney would attempt to add value to the package by including an additional perk. This is likely enough to make the difference for us personally, but it's the least they can do for the premium they're asking for, IMO.

How is paying an extra $50 a perk though? Free is a perk.

90 days??? That is bull. Being able to buy more is easier to swallow than also getting to book earlier. They get to book 6 fast passes a person at 90 days out, off-site (some) hotels get to book with everyone else at 60 days out...those staying at the WDW hotels (not Club Level) will really be getting screwed.

Forget being able to ride Tron when it opens. By the time that happens regular Disney hotel guests will probably won't be able to enter until noon! :rotfl:

Hmmm. Maybe they'll have throwaway club level rooms being booked now. Pay your $50 and get your fp's 90 days out and then cancel your room.

Offering more fast passes based on resort level - Club, Deluxe, Moderate, Value - and not charging extra is one thing - pay more, get more.
But why would someone staying at a moderate or value not be offered to pay an extra $50 for fast passes? I mean if the point is to make money, why would you only make that offer to Club level?

Might be because they don't plan to sell an unlimited amount and want to make sure their highest paying guests get access to them

I agree with you completely and coming up on my first ever club level stay I would of loved to justify the cost with additional fastpasses and not have to possibly shell out more money...... I'm assuming that this is trial with error on Disney's part but obviously wants to make the most money out of this service without completely ruining the fast pass system. Think about it if anybody could purchase these extra fastpasses then then eventually these lines would not be so fast!! by limiting to club level its only a small percentage of people at Disney world and attracts people to possibly spend not only more money on club level rooms but also these extra tickets as well

How is paying an extra $50 a perk though? Free is a perk.

Then I misread/misunderstood, and just wow; an additional $50? So I'd being pay an exorbitant amount of money just for the privilege of purchase? That's definitely not in our budget, but even if it were . . .

I am still treating this as a rumor until I see it in practice. Although he is a legit news source.

View attachment 293466 Latest...book at 90 days also get a bonus for night time shows.

So at first I thought this was kind of silly and something we wouldn't be interested in. With solid planning (a combination of booking FP+ at 60 days plus touring strategies), I've always been able to get what we want in terms of rides. However, throw in the extra 30 days plus a nighttime show? Yeah, it would probably be worth it for our family especially during busy holiday seasons. We are prone to do dessert parties anyway for the views, so doing this sounds like it would be the equivalent cost, plus 3 FP+, but minus the desserts that we don't really eat anyway. I'll be interested in seeing how it's structured if it's even true.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter