FastPass+ FAQ — SERVICE SUSPENDED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re-posting this in hopes of gaining some information:

I have a different FP+ question as I look into the park special tickets for a possible summer trip. By schedule I would only be able to stay on site for the first two days and would drive up for day trips for the last two parks' admissions. I know I have 7 days to use up all 4 admissions. For this scenario and easy math. If my check in date is 7/1 and I check out 7/2. I know I can get 60 day FP+ starting on 7/1 for days 1 and 2 . Do I get early booking for the other two days of my trip that happen later as well so I could be 60+3, etc. or do those other two days revert to 30 day FP+ windows?

You only get the 60 day fastpass benefit for the days that you are onsite. After your onsite hotel stay ends there is no rolling window. Your check out date will be your last early fastpass date. You will not get early fastpass booking for the other two days of your trip that you are not staying in an onsite hotel.

Hope that helps!

I have an on-site reservation at Pop Century for September 1 - 8. It includes "free dining" and a 7-day park hopper (reservation confirmation email states tickets valid from September 1-10). I'm thinking of adding an on-site room-only reservation for Pop Century for August 29 - September 1. So it will be a legit on-site split reservation.

So my questions are:
  1. Can I use the tickets associated with the second reservation during the days associated with the first reservation (before September 1)?
  2. Can I start making my ADRs 180 days prior to August 29?
  3. Can I start making my FPs 60 prior to August 29?

1. You will not be able to use the park tickets prior to your package start date of Sept. 1st. (I'm assuming that is a package because you have free dining)

2. You can made ADRs 180 days prior to Aug. 29 for the Aug 29-Sept 1st stay.
Then you can make ADRs 180 days prior to Sept 1st for the Sept 1-8th stay.

3. You can start making FPs 60 days before Aug. 29th for days starting Sept. 1st.

Hi folks, sooo I have another question about FP+ cause I'm wondering if I'm having a weird glitch or if it's just cause I'm trying to do FP before my actual date? Also admins/mods, I hope it's ok to share these images, just thought it might help better illustrate what i'm running into. Apologies if it's not. I made sure none of my personal info was shown nor any sensitive info

I go on March 6, as you can see here:

and next to it does say assigned to Me. But when I go to FastPass on the app or the browser version, I get a message saying they can't find the ticket (on the app) like this:
or various information on the browser saying link the ticket or if you have a vacay package you're early:

I just want to know, when FP opens for me tomorrow, will this change? Will it instead show my options for FastPass? I just don't want to miss out on them because of a glitch.

Attachments

• 84487336_475982823093170_6228436348592717824_n.jpg
    84487336_475982823093170_6228436348592717824_n.jpg
    23.1 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
Hi folks, sooo I have another question about FP+ cause I'm wondering if I'm having a weird glitch or if it's just cause I'm trying to do FP before my actual date? Also admins/mods, I hope it's ok to share these images, just thought it might help better illustrate what i'm running into. Apologies if it's not. I made sure none of my personal info was shown nor any sensitive info

I go on March 6, as you can see here:
View attachment 471017

and next to it does say assigned to Me. But when I go to FastPass on the app or the browser version, I get a message saying they can't find the ticket (on the app) like this:
View attachment 471025
or various information on the browser saying link the ticket or if you have a vacay package you're early:

View attachment 471019

I just want to know, when FP opens for me tomorrow, will this change? Will it instead show my options for FastPass? I just don't want to miss out on them because of a glitch.
I'm getting the same message as I test the App and Desktop versions of MDE just so I know the process. I'm still outside the FP window by about 2-weeks. My guess is that you are seeing this because your tickets technically aren't valid yet for FB. I'm guessing you are staying off property so you can only book 30 days in advance of your first day's ticket. When you at that 30-day window, they open up at 7am. To test this, I actually tried to link my tickets through this window and it said those tickets were already linked. Of course, I'd welcome the insight of any veterans :)

I'm getting the same message as I test the App and Desktop versions of MDE just so I know the process. I'm still outside the FP window by about 2-weeks. My guess is that you are seeing this because your tickets technically aren't valid yet for FB. I'm guessing you are staying off property so you can only book 30 days in advance of your first day's ticket. When you at that 30-day window, they open up at 7am. To test this, I actually tried to link my tickets through this window and it said those tickets were already linked. Of course, I'd welcome the insight of any veterans :)
Yes that was also my thought. But I too would like to get a veteran's opinion. Guess we'll see ;)

Yes that was also my thought. But I too would like to get a veteran's opinion. Guess we'll see ;)
This is normal. It will show this message right up until your FP booking window opens (literally to the minute). As long as your stay and tickets are linked, it will work fine when your window opens.

(A few years back I was so anxious about this message that I called Disney and asked and they confirmed everything was linked okay for me just for peace of mind.)

This is normal. It will show this message right up until your FP booking window opens (literally to the minute). As long as your stay and tickets are linked, it will work fine when your window opens.

(A few years back I was so anxious about this message that I called Disney and asked and they confirmed everything was linked okay for me just for peace of mind.)
Oh good. Thank you!

Forgive me in advance, please, if this has already been addressed, as I don't have the time to read 353 pages and a search for this particular situation yielded me no results. Thank you.

In December, when we were at DAK, we'd park-hopped and had used our DAK Tier 1 for NRJ, then used a Tier 2 for Dino, and then didn't feel like walking to Africa for the safari, so booked a burner FP+ for ITtBaB, which I would never ever in a million zillion years subject myself to again.

So . . . we'd used up our Tier 1 and one Tier 2 and we tapped in to ITtBaB but didn't go into the attraction. So we'd tapped in only at the entrance. I don't even know if there's another tap point at that attraction, since I avoid it. (Bugs. Yick!)

I'd thought that this would've given us our 3 FP+s (1 Tier 1 and 2 Tier 2s) and that then we'd be able to book a fourth at either NRJ or FoP. However, MDE, even though showing NRJ FP+ availability, would not let us book this FP+. I forget the exact language used, but it was basically saying that we'd already had a Tier 1 and couldn't get another one. Hunh? At that point we just gave up since we didn't want to ride anything in Dinoland or see the Nemo show. It was darn frustrating to see that NRJ was available at a convenient time yet we were blocked from booking it.

Does DAK somehow know that you haven't really used the ITtBaB FP+ and so it's not counted? Or something else--another point that I've missed entirely?

This may or not be helpful, but to prep for a May visit I've been trying to catch back up on FPs and reviewing as many Fast Past posts as possible. Last night I believe I saw similar posts within the other FP+ thread (the one that's mostly about park hopping). The answer was basically to just ignore an initial message about not being eligible for another Tier 1 FP and to just plow ahead. The app will show available options (if any exists) for you to select. I recall this as being odd so it stuck with me. Just thought I'd share accordingly.

Hi,

There is 4 of us on this trip, and my friend's daughter is 5. She is tall, but scared of big rides. I am planning the fastpasses for the Group.

There are a few rides, like FOP or Everest, that she won't do. Should I book a fastpass for her anyway so that our group remains at the same number of fastpasses? Then she could tap her bracelet, but not ride? And wait outside the ride with her mom?

Or tap, do the line with us, then my friend walks out with her daugther without riding?

Thank you!

Isabelle

I would just plan different Fastpasses for her and her mother. My party won't all have the same Fastpasses. For instance Buzz and Space Mountain are close to each other so some of us have one and some the other. If she's too short you should be able to use rider swap so her mother can ride as well. I'm not sure about tall enough but too scared. However if she's in a stroller they probably won't check her height.

I would just plan different Fastpasses for her and her mother. My party won't all have the same Fastpasses. For instance Buzz and Space Mountain are close to each other so some of us have one and some the other. If she's too short you should be able to use rider swap so her mother can ride as well. I'm not sure about tall enough but too scared. However if she's in a stroller they probably won't check her height.

Hello Feberin, thank you for your advice. However, our issue is solved as we didn't get a FP for FOP. So we'll rope drop it. My friend will follow us and wait for me at the exit (I don't want her to wander off too far... she tends to get lost and we could take hours in being reunited!!), then we'll go together to Kilimanjaro safari, hoping to do both before 10:30.

Last edited:
Was able to do FastPass this morning as advised. However I’m actually surprised, despite logging in right before needed and using the app the second it was 7, both Falcon and FoP were gone. I’m guessing cause of the 60 day resort guests? Find this rather frustrating that because I’m not a resort guest, I miss out. Anyone have suggestions like just keep an eye day of?

Was able to do FastPass this morning as advised. However I’m actually surprised, despite logging in right before needed and using the app the second it was 7, both Falcon and FoP were gone. I’m guessing cause of the 60 day resort guests? Find this rather frustrating that because I’m not a resort guest, I miss out. Anyone have suggestions like just keep an eye day of?
Yes, those FP's would be gone even before the 60 day mark. I'd keep checking but mostly night before and day of.

Yes, those FP's would be gone even before the 60 day mark. I'd keep checking but mostly night before and day of.
Ok thanks. Rather silly frankly. I get that resort stays are a lot but still, paying a bit for this ticket, sad that only real way to do the super popular rides is rope drop cause resorts take them all. They should at least reserve some for the 30 day window people...v.v

Last edited:
Ok thanks. Rather silly frankly. I get that resort stays are a lot but still, paying a bit for this ticket, sad that only real way to do the super popular rides is rope drop cause resorts take them all. They should at least reserve some for the 30 day window people...v.v

The sad part is that even at the 60 day window you may not get the headliner fastpasses....you may need 60 PLUS days to get those. I don't think reserving them would work at all.

The sad part is that even at the 60 day window you may not get the headliner fastpasses....you may need 60 PLUS days to get those. I don't think reserving them would work at all.
Just my two cents, I don't mean to come off like a whiny person, but Disney should consider another type of pass. Seriously, maybe not necessarily like Express at Universal cause I get those are pricey (though I love being able to just jump on any ride without any or little wait), but I just wish they could look at alternatives...

- Attractions listed here are the most difficult to get. Onsite guests can expect limited availability even at 60 days in advance, while offsite guests are unlikely to get much availability (if at all) at 30 days. Acquiring these attractions less than 7 days in advance may require frequent monitoring of FP availability via the MDX app or website. Same-day FPs are most unlikely, but possible with constant monitoring via MDX.
  • Seven Dwarfs Mine Train (Magic Kingdom)
  • Frozen Ever After (Epcot)
  • Millennium Falcon: Smuggler’s Run (Hollywood Studios)
  • Slinky Dog Dash (Hollywood Studios)
  • Avatar Flight Of Passage (Animal Kingdom)

I have a question about park hopping and fast passes. If I wanted to start at HS and then hop over to AK, I cannot book fast passes for both parks in advance, right?

Assuming that's the case, let's pretend that I only book two tier 2 fast passes at HS for the morning. When is the first time that I can book a tier 1 fast pass at AK (assuming availability -- I know it's a long shot)? Can I do it as soon as I am in HS? Or not until I use my two tier 2 fast passes at HS? Or do I have to book 3 fast passes at HS and use them up before booking one at AK?

PARK HOPPING

Booking a FP for another park while in the first park:

(test credit to @marciemi)

When 3 FP are booked for Park #1:
You can now book FP for a different park than the one you’re in. If you have booked 3 FP for the first park, as soon as you get in the FP line for your third FP, you can then make a 4th FP, either for the same park, or for another park.

When_2 or less FP are booked for Park #1:
If you book fewer than three FP and once you scan the first FP from within the first park, you can at that point make FP selections for a different park, even if you still have a FP remaining in the first park.

This can be especially helpful for Tiered parks – if for example you wish to hit Epcot at rope drop, use only a Tier 1 FP and then still have 2 more FP for another park later in the day.

Additionally, there is no restriction on Tier requirements BETWEEN PARKS during one day. So if you use a Tier 1 at Epcot you can then book a second Tier 1 at HS immediately upon scanning – Also, you can even book your remaining two FP at two different parks if you would like!

NOTE: Splitting FP between parks or booking for another park CANNOT be done until the same day, AFTER you have already scanned your card/MB at the first FP Mickey head to “prove” to the system that you’re in a park.

You cannot book for 2 different parks in advance or even on the same day until you have scanned your first FP (not just entered the park).

I need your help!! I have four days in Disney world in April. We can pick fast passes tomorrow. My plans were to do HS, Epcot, MK, then AK. I have ADRs everywhere and also at Olga's and Droid building. I realize slinky dog and smugglers run are both tier 1 and we can only get FP for one. I just looked at the touring plans website and it shows zero availability for FP for either on wed (60+1) but lots of availability on Saturday (60+4). We were supposed to be in AK Saturday. My question is, do you think it's worth the trouble to switch days (going to HS on Saturday and AK on wed)? I've checked the dining and that all can be swapped and there is still droid building availability but no Olga's. If I switch days I'd get fast passes but lose Olga's..............or keep current plan and just standby for Smugglers and SDD? I should mention we were in Disney last October and rode FOP 5 times so its not a total loss if we don't get a FP for that. Any advice is appreciated! Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter