Fear the Walking Dead - anyone?

Be warned, I've heard the few episodes that went out to critics as screeners are very slowly paced. Sounds like they are going for a very slow burn on this one.

I had read something similar. It is gonna be a slow build but hopefully that is to establish the background of the Zombiepocalypse. I am dying to see how the are do the how, when, where & why of it!!

Well, I heard that it's going to take a season and a half for FTWD to catch up to Rick being in a coma in the pilot episode of TWD.

By the way, I had the opportunity to meet Norman Reedus in June and he is every bit as delicious in person as he is on TV :cloud9::love:

I also met pretty much all of the other cast (living and killed off), with the exception of Rick and Carol. Michael Cudlitz (Abraham) and Scott Wilson (Hershel) were by far two of the most down to earth and most gracious celebs I have ever met. And did I happen to mention how delicious Norman Reedus is???:rolleyes1

Well, I heard that it's going to take a season and a half for FTWD to catch up to Rick being in a coma in the pilot episode of TWD.

By the way, I had the opportunity to meet Norman Reedus in June and he is every bit as delicious in person as he is on TV :cloud9::love:

I also met pretty much all of the other cast (living and killed off), with the exception of Rick and Carol. Michael Cudlitz (Abraham) and Scott Wilson (Hershel) were by far two of the most down to earth and most gracious celebs I have ever met. And did I happen to mention how delicious Norman Reedus is???:rolleyes1

I've had the opportunity to meet Norman a couple of times (the first time was before TWD was big and he was just on the street... crazy that I had the nerve to actually talk to him!). He's not only delicious, he's about the nicest guy in the world. He offered to take pictures with us (HE offered - what celeb does that?) and when I took a pic with he, DH and DD, he said "now your turn!" I passed - how stupid am I? But I hate pics of myself. He loves his fans and is fantastic with kids. And it's amazing how good he smells, considering that when you watch him on TWD you just always assume otherwise. :rolleyes:

Don't tell my DH I'm watching it. Taping it so we can see it tomorrow but I couldn't resist!

They have put out things not to expect. The things among them are no,crossover, no CDC & no explanation of how it started. I am thinking a real slow roll to all

I thought that episode moved at a perfectly reasonable speed, especially if their goal is to torture me. But I'm also one of the few who doesn't think the original show is slow either.

I liked it too. I think for some people (me), TWD has gone so far down the rabbit hole that at times it feels like it's gone too far and has lost some of what drew me into it in the first place. FTWD I think captures the "feel" of where TWD started and reignites what drew me to the show in the first place. I think it will make me appreciate TWD more when it comes back on. Excited to see more of FTWD!

And I know I said previously I didn't like the drug addict son in the previews, I do like him now. The sister, not so much :rotfl2:

I am going to stick with it. I thought it was slow, but I think it is going to be different from TWD. It's only 6 episodes I think then TWD starts. I watched the TD before and it was pretty good. Love me some Chris Hardwick!

They have put out things not to expect. The things among them are no,crossover, no CDC & no explanation of how it started. I am thinking a real slow roll to all

Have any of the creators given reasons as to why they're not going to explain how it started? Do they not know or are we finding that out later in TWD at some point?

I ended up falling asleep due to the truck loads of allergy meds I'm currently taking. I'll have to watch again.

I like the beginning of zombie stories the best, so this right up my alley.

I thought the first episode was pretty good, definitely slow and a little confusing...in the church there were at least 4 zombies that left...no one noticed them eating people??

I thought the first episode was pretty good, definitely slow and a little confusing...in the church there were at least 4 zombies that left...no one noticed them eating people??

Did they??!?! My husband didn't tell me that!! (My eyes were covered.) He is fired!

I thought they did a great job of showing little bits of madness happening around the characters, but not necessarily enough to make you turn your head on a normal day-like sirens and prayer candles and stuff.

Dianeyprince, I don't know if they ever intend to explain how it started. From what we've seen in twd, the only people who had any info were all gone (CDC guy). But we don't have input from the rest of the country/world at this point, so who knows. I also don't read the comics, so not sure what's in there.

in the church there were at least 4 zombies that left...no one noticed them eating people??
What do you mean? I will be re-watching with my DH tonight, but I thought the only one actually eating anyone was Gloria. There was the guy on the stairs with his throat open (why he wasn't still moving I don't know as his head was intact as far as I could see) and then Gloria eating the other guy. What 4 zombie's were there and where were they? Did I totally miss them?

In the church there were 3 bodies, gloria was eating one...when Travis went back to the church all the bodies were gone...he said "they didn't just get up and walk away" well...yes...they did! Unless gloria ate all of them??

In the church there were 3 bodies, gloria was eating one...when Travis went back to the church all the bodies were gone...he said "they didn't just get up and walk away" well...yes...they did! Unless gloria ate all of them??
I think Gloria ate them all. But where is Gloria then? And where is the daughter's boyfriend?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter