Fear the Walking Dead - anyone?

I was really starting to like Nick and thought he would be a strong asset to the group in the future. His little walkabout with the walkers though was unexpected, but I'm sure it's not the last that we have seen of him.

I have a feeling that beautiful yacht is not going to be there, or if it is, they aren't going to get very far with it. There is no way that this is the last that we will see of Nick, Travis, Chris or (hopefully) Daniel.

I'm ready for all of them to get killed off except Madison, Daniel, Daniel's daughter and Strand. Let the 4 of them wash up on a deserted island and wait out the apocalypse there.

The world will be better off without the rest of them. The only thing they'll be good for is to get a bunch of other people killed with their idiocy.

Scrolling through Pinterest, looking for funny FTWD memes. This one is so true.

424eaec006138713f0ed1a16c54d2236.jpg

My wife and I are fans of FTWD and TWD. We also like to watch Law & Order SVU.

After SVU was over last night I said to my wife...you know there's a problem with your "walking dead" script when Law & Order SVU saw more major characters killed than Fear the Walking Dead. The stats for this season - SVU: 1; FTWD: 0...

For those of us who still like the show, the new trailer is out, and it does look like they are finally stepping it up. Some new blood coming in, in more ways than one.

For those of us who still like the show, the new trailer is out, and it does look like they are finally stepping it up. Some new blood coming in, in more ways than one.
Between this, the new trailer of TWD, and knowing college football season is almost back, it's like my Christmas in July! ;)

I'm ready for all of them to get killed off except Madison, Daniel, Daniel's daughter and Strand. Let the 4 of them wash up on a deserted island and wait out the apocalypse there.

The world will be better off without the rest of them. The only thing they'll be good for is to get a bunch of other people killed with their idiocy.
Same here! My sister and I have been saying this for a while... though we'd be fine losing Daniel's daughter as well... and keeping Nick if he snaps out of it. :D

I still like Nick. I still think he is a layered character that I want to know what he'll do next. I think he's the most apt to survive without being a tool. Madison is just a hardened character and Travis is just the opposite - the sensitive type. I'm not a fan of either of them. I kinda think Travis' son is interesting too in the fact that he's imploding right in front of the camera.

That's it, I'm done with this stupid show. Last night's episode was all Nick and as painful as watching that dumb movie with Reese Witherspoon where she hikes (Wild). And, again, on Talking Dead they had to give the 411 in order for us to get the gist of what's going on. DUMB!

Last edited:
Yeah, I have been a defender of the show, but even I struggled last night. The compound at the end could prove interesting.
I was under the impressions Nicks dad had been gone much longer than that.

Last night's show was BORING. And I have been one to defend this show so far. I will still watch but how disappointing for a freakin' premiere! I haven't even watched TD yet. Guess I better do so tonight because my eyes were glazing over last night so maybe I missed something?

The previews for the rest of the season still looked interesting, so hoping last night was a one episode major misfire. But for the mid season premiere??

For being the first episode back after the mid-season finale, I also was disappointed with it as well. DH and I kept asking why Nick was wandering alone through the Mexican desert, why did he leave Madison & Co. when the house was on fire, what is his purpose? He said something like he wants to be where the dead aren't monsters - what does that even mean? If I were in the ZA, I wouldn't be thinking so deep and concerned with the dead's feelings. I'd be protecting myself and trying to find safety, which means staying with your family. I don't think some of these character's reactions are believable.

For being the first episode back after the mid-season finale, I also was disappointed with it as well. DH and I kept asking why Nick was wandering alone through the Mexican desert, why did he leave Madison & Co. when the house was on fire, what is his purpose? He said something like he wants to be where the dead aren't monsters - what does that even mean? If I were in the ZA, I wouldn't be thinking so deep and concerned with the dead's feelings. I'd be protecting myself and trying to find safety, which means staying with your family. I don't think some of these character's reactions are believable.
I dunno... I think Nick is someone who was walking through life like a zombie BEFORE the ZA. In some ways, now free from drugs, he's more alive now than he was before. And maybe he identifies with them in some twisted way??

I would doubt Nick's reaction would be TYPICAL in a ZA, but not sure it would be completely unbelievable... just a thought... :)

I enjoyed the episode, as it did two things

1) It definitely gave us a view into Nick and his feeling of almost being a person who is "walking dead"....he relates, which i think was captured in the scene where he could almost here them speaking to him

2) It introduced us to our first real group of organized surviviors

2) It introduced us to our first real group of organized surviviors

It did, and they appear to be similar to the organized groups we've seen on TWD. I hope this doesn't turn into a re-hash or parallel of TWD, I'm still holding out hope they run into different scenarios or somehow have a different perspective on the whole ZA.

All set with all the smearing blood, gore, drinking urine, eating raw dog intestines etc. I know it is a zombie show and expect a certain level of gruesome scenes, but it seems like they are trying to shock us just to shock us.

All set with all the smearing blood, gore, drinking urine, eating raw dog intestines etc. I know it is a zombie show and expect a certain level of gruesome scenes, but it seems like they are trying to shock us just to shock us.

Good point. Anyone know how much time has elapsed from the time everything started happening to present on this show? Is it still days or a week or so? Because if so, Nick seems to have gone from zero to 100 in terms of survival mode. Happened real quick.

I like the show. But then again I love zombies!! lol So I am just glad that there is a show on with zombies.

I don't know about you but I love the urine appie with a little Fido intestine chaser,

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter