Fear the Walking Dead - anyone?

Another thing I found interesting the last two weeks, is how suddenly Alicia is becoming the sensible, take charge person. She has come a long way quite quickly.

Another thing I found interesting the last two weeks, is how suddenly Alicia is becoming the sensible, take charge person. She has come a long way quite quickly.

Yes, but thank goodness. Someone on the show has to!!

I thought it was a bit more interesting than the first couple were.
Chris however, needs to go!

Totally agree! I can't stand Chris! Travis annoys me too.

One thing that bothers me about this show is how slow the zombies are. They were much faster in the beginning on the Walking Dead. They were pretty fast on the farm when they killed Hershel's wife. It was after they have been decaying for a while and had less people to eat that they became slow.

Still think it's a horrible show. But like my DD said...take it for what it is. It's like my daytime soap...just ridiculously written but a time filer while folding laundry or winding down on a Sunday night.
Example- last episode...the dad dropping dead and turning and biting the bride's face in 3 seconds...DUMB!!!!

You do have to take it for what it is for sure. This week I resigned myself to the fact that it is never going to be like TWD in terms of quality, I will never hold my breath, panic or yell in fear for someone on this show. I really wanted to. BUT, this week, at least it was entertaining, and it was kinda fun to yell at the dumb stuff. So, if they can keep up with this week consistently, and get Nick back to a semi normal human, there may be hope.

I thought this week's episode was better as well. Any guesses on where Ofelia is or what happened to her? Didn't seem to be in the room with Madison and Strand when they pulled Alicia in.

I know we're in season 2 of FTWD now, but I recall the very beginning of TWD being a little slow and meh to me. I didn't really get hooked until later in the first season/early second season. I recall the first episode being veryyyy slow for me and DH telling me to just give it a chance. Hoping FTWD picks up more - there's no reason it can't be of the same quality and style that TWD is, I believe it's the same writers and producers!

TWD comics are written by Kirkman where the show is mainly Gimple and Nicotero. So they have to kind of follow Kirkman's writing where Fear is mainly Nicotero's handy work...I think.

Last edited:

TWD comics are written by Kirkman where the show is mainly Gimple and Nicotero. So they have to kind of follow Kirkman's writing where Fear is mainly Nicotero's handy work...I think.

Kirkman & Nicotero are writers and producers on both series. In fact this last episode of FTWD, Nicotero isn't credited with anything. I'm not sure if one takes the lead on one series while the other handles the other show, but they're both involved. I would think if Kirkman has some say since the whole premise of the show is based on his comics.

I love when Nicotero has writing or directing credits on TWD, usually means a twisted tense episode.
I was hooked on TWD from the first episode, I watched the first 4 episodes without even getting up for a bathroom break :-)

No clue where Ophelia is.

My hardest thing is not making the TWD comparisons out loud. Not because I know they are different shows, I am ok with making them, it's just that my dh and ds don't watch TWD, so I try not to annoy them too much LOL.

Still not thrilled with the show, but for some reason I'm sticking with it. I don't know what to make of the preacher if he was actually bit or not, but he may have very well been bit. It would make sense that there would be a small population immune to even being bitten. So when the CDC guy told Rick on TWD everyone is infected it probably isn't totally true as there is always a small population that will be immune.

Still not thrilled with the show, but for some reason I'm sticking with it. I don't know what to make of the preacher if he was actually bit or not, but he may have very well been bit. It would make sense that there would be a small population immune to even being bitten. So when the CDC guy told Rick on TWD everyone is infected it probably isn't totally true as there is always a small population that will be immune.

I'm thinking that he wasn't bit, but that the scar and damage to his shoulder area is from some accident or indecent that happened prior to the outbreak. He is using it. Whether it's to fool everyone into thinking he is some kind of God or to give them faith, I'm not sure.

I was thinking that Ophelia was with the guests, but I guess not. Is she the one who took the car? She isn't going to get far on her own if that is the case.

The last 2 episodes have been better. More action packed. All though there still seems to be a lot of stupidity amongst the survivors. Chris and his father are at the top of that list. With daddy being number 1. He is really getting on my last nerve. He seems to think they can live peacefully and sing camp songs just waiting for the world to right itself. Chris, while annoying and certainly not suffering from an over abundance of brain cells, at least gets it. It's a new world. Adapt or die.

I was watching FTWD the other day, catching up, and my 10 year old DD walked in and asked if it was TWD or FTWD. I told her and she said "great, the one with all the stupid people". :headache: Even my 10 year old has more common sense then some of them!

Okay, so having all the walkers wash away in a riptide is brilliant...temporarily...until they wash up on shore somewhere, maybe even some back at the hotel. It worked but for how long really?

I'm wondering if Ophelia will run into Nick while she is out on her own. I always felt the writers were trying to show a connection between them.

I'm wondering if Ophelia will run into Nick while she is out on her own. I always felt the writers were trying to show a connection between them.
With him starting a little fling with cult girl that could make for something interesting. :love1:

Ok, I know this is a show about zoombies and it's not real, but to have Madison put the hotel lights on at night.....really....really! How stupid can she be and of course next week there are a ton of people trying to get in because of her idiocy. I guess the only good thing was Travis saw it, but who cares at this point lol.

What did we think last night? It was okay. Chris was so annoying, but is obviously adapting to this world a little too well.

I wonder if he gets killed off. I saw a little of TD and it looked like his hair was cut short. He wore a backwards baseball cap and I was wondering if he was trying to hide the fact that he has cut his long hair. He also was talking about Chris saying goodbye to Travis and he said he pitched to the writers that Chris say "I love you" to Travis. He said, "I just wanted Chris to say "I love you" to his dad one last time. "

I think the 2 Americans showing up at the hotel looking scared means Chirs went crazy on them somehow. I think Chris has gone crazy or something.

I would love for Chris to be gone, I so can't stand that kid! And Travis and all his whining about what HE did. You didn't do anything, your kid did. OK, you should have said I love you, but the rest is all on him!
That said, they are clearing messing with us, by showing the two guys at the gate, wanting us to think the worst. I noticed the hair too, but I suppose he could have cut it in the off season. Who knows. I have read he is joining another show in some role, but since FTWD doesn't film during normal times, he could easily to both.

I thought the show was really good last night. I am not fond of Chris either but I don't think he is dead. I could have sworn he was behind, slightly to the left, of the guy with the baseball cap, who was talking at the fence (Brandon). Check out the coming attraction in slow motion.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter