Fear the Walking Dead - anyone?

They can get rid of Madison anytime, she is so not believable as a badass and the number of bad decisions she makes is incredible. There is no reason for anyone to follow her.

THIS :thumbsup2 She is a ridiculously written character, and the acting is terrible. I'd love to see her son become the leader -- when you think about his drug addicted mess of a human in the first season and how far he has come, he deserves it much more than his mother and has the calm and intelligence to keep peace. She's just a loose canon.

Overall I enjoyed the mid-season finale, but hoping for some more insight or clarification on these things if someone can enlighten me:

1. What was or who was in the coffin in the final scenes that Madison was looking at? And if that was Jeremiah, who was in the body bag that his sons rode off in the truck with? And how did Madison get Jeremiah's head?

2. I assume Madison and the rest of the ranch people are staying on the land now that Jeremiah is dead. Walker seemed adamant about wanting the land, but did he really just want Jeremiah dead? And if Madison and the rest of the people have to leave anyway, then there was no point in killing Jeremiah.

3. I'm glad they showed Strand, but his scenes seemed disconnected from the overall story. I also don't understand the significance of the guy on the CB radio. What did I miss?

4. When and how did the group lose the Abigail yacht? I can't recall that. Also, who where the zombies on the yacht that Strand killed? I don't recall if someone stole the boat or if maybe those people found it?

It was Jerimiah's head in the bag. No clue how she got it and if Jake and Troy knew about it.

It doesn't look like the ranchers have to leave. It seems that since Jerimiah is dead, the will all live together on the ranch. I don't think Walker wanted that option as look as Jerimiah was alive.

The guy on the CB was I believe an astronaut from Russia who told him the whole world was infected. So it was a pivotal moment for Strand knowing no where was safe.

I forget how exactly they lost the yacht. I think they were overtaken and just can't remember if the zombies were the ones who overtook the yacht or just people who ended up on the yacht at some later point.

So now we know that the ranchers and the Native Americans are co-habitating and that was apparently an agreement worked out that we didn't see. Apparently Troy and Jake knew Madison beheaded their father and turned it over to Walker, because they hauled him away in the body bag during the mid-season finale and now they are all living together. But I guess that was ok by them since they believed (at the time) that Otto committed suicide for the peace of the ranch.

I'm confused on the stance of everyone. We know the former militia members are against the Natives living there. We know Madison is ok with them living there. Alicia and Nick seem to go back and forth. Alicia cops an attitude with the Natives and then does the same with the ranchers, and Nick plays both sides too.

Also glad to see Strand, and I'm looking forward to Daniel finding Ofelia. I hope he links up with them by way of Madison & Strand, and comes to the ranch on their side while Ofelia is fighting for the "other side". I can see a father vs daughter struggle take shape at some point.

Can someone remind me how Daniel got to where he is with the water truck? I remember him coming upon the water with the guy who had the radio and bicycle, but forgot what happened after that.

So now we know that the ranchers and the Native Americans are co-habitating and that was apparently an agreement worked out that we didn't see. Apparently Troy and Jake knew Madison beheaded their father and turned it over to Walker, because they hauled him away in the body bag during the mid-season finale and now they are all living together. But I guess that was ok by them since they believed (at the time) that Otto committed suicide for the peace of the ranch.

I'm confused on the stance of everyone. We know the former militia members are against the Natives living there. We know Madison is ok with them living there. Alicia and Nick seem to go back and forth. Alicia cops an attitude with the Natives and then does the same with the ranchers, and Nick plays both sides too.

Also glad to see Strand, and I'm looking forward to Daniel finding Ofelia. I hope he links up with them by way of Madison & Strand, and comes to the ranch on their side while Ofelia is fighting for the "other side". I can see a father vs daughter struggle take shape at some point.

Can someone remind me how Daniel got to where he is with the water truck? I remember him coming upon the water with the guy who had the radio and bicycle, but forgot what happened after that.

I can't remember the circumstances but I think Daniel ended up being washed up in the sewer/pipe system near the damn where he was captured by Dante's men. The woman there, can't remember her name, realized who Daniel was (that he was an interrogator/killer) and told Dante who he was and Dante wanted Daniel to work with him because of the skills he possessed.

Gave up on this show at the start of last season. It's terrible.
I agree. I kept watching through last season and have seen a couple of this season's episodes but I just don't care. If I don't care about it, it must not be good in my opinion. I never liked Madison's character and the only likable character is Nick. I want him to be the focus and not Madison. I'm out.

I agree. I kept watching through last season and have seen a couple of this season's episodes but I just don't care. If I don't care about it, it must not be good in my opinion. I never liked Madison's character and the only likable character is Nick. I want him to be the focus and not Madison. I'm out.

Nick, Strand and Daniel -- the only intelligent, brave and common sense characters left. I sure wish they had killed Madison and kept Travis!

Daniel is my favorite and probably the only reason I still watch. Love his character, love him IRL. He is so darn interesting. He was on TD and they said he is a song writer and musician. He worked with Michael Jackson to record a song in spanish. He even ran for the Presidency in Panama. Not to mention his mad acting skills.

Normally I don't like giving up on tv shows, but I might have to with this one. I "watched" the latest episode and wasn't paying attention to it at all. And I don't even care that I don't know what happened. Not a good sign!

I think the last episode was better than it has been in ages. I was excited to finally see actual zombies attacking for once! It seems they forgot about that part of the zombie apocalypse or something. I hated to see Coop go. He was probably one of the strongest men they had. Honestly won't miss Jake too much though.

Any thoughts on last night's episode from those still watching? I was a little bummed to see the whole ranch and all of its people fall. I was liking the idea of the Natives and the ranchers being at odds with each other. The whole battle for who owns the land concept is one we haven't seen with the Atlanta group, and I thought it had potential to show another dynamic of what could transpire in a post apocalyptic world.

It seems like this group just runs a cycle. Find a place, try to get some roots, get uprooted, and then continue moving on with no direction while other key group members are separated. At least with the Atlanta group, they hold their ground at a place for a while and deal with other factors as they come upon them.

Any thoughts on last night's episode from those still watching? I was a little bummed to see the whole ranch and all of its people fall. I was liking the idea of the Natives and the ranchers being at odds with each other. The whole battle for who owns the land concept is one we haven't seen with the Atlanta group, and I thought it had potential to show another dynamic of what could transpire in a post apocalyptic world.

It seems like this group just runs a cycle. Find a place, try to get some roots, get uprooted, and then continue moving on with no direction while other key group members are separated. At least with the Atlanta group, they hold their ground at a place for a while and deal with other factors as they come upon them.
I guess they just really want to get them to the dam now. I thought they could have done more with the ranch storyline. Also...how is Alicia the only one who survives being without oxygen for that long... With that many people in there you would have to figure at least 1 other person should've woken back up alive. Sometimes they are way to far-fetched with the "luck" our characters get on this show.

Also...how is Alicia the only one who survives being without oxygen for that long... With that many people in there you would have to figure at least 1 other person should've woken back up alive. Sometimes they are way to far-fetched with the "luck" our characters get on this show.

That is exactly what I kept saying too! I mean, c'mon!

I thought it was a good episode until Madison showed up. The good thing with them separating is that you know there will be episodes without her.

Last edited:
Did anyone read about a Fear the walking dead / walking dead crossover tonight?? Supposedly a character from WD will be on FTWD tonight.

I thought they originally said there would be no crossover.

Did anyone read about a Fear the walking dead / walking dead crossover tonight?? Supposedly a character from WD will be on FTWD tonight.

I thought they originally said there would be no crossover.

Not sure how that would happen as the shows are set on opposite sides of the continent.

It could since FTWD is suppose to be set right when the apocalypse starts and TWD is now about 2/3 years after the fact. Could be a character they meet who is headed to Atlanta.

This is my thought. Could also be a character that is currently dead on WD. Someone heading to Atlanta.

I read that it was discussed on TD, but I watched TD last week and did not recall anything about a crossover. Plus, in the beginning they specifically said there would be no crossover between the two shows, so it may be just a rumor.

ETA: From what I read, there is going to be a crossover character. It was announced at NY Comic con. They will not say which character will cross over but here is what was said:

“There is one character that is going to go from one show, that I will not name, to another show, that I will not name,” Kirkman told the crowd of what has been a question fans have asked since prequel of sorts FearTWD debuted in the summer of 2015. “This is a huge event in the world of The Walking Dead,” he added of the crossover expected to occur in the next year.

Last edited:
This is my thought. Could also be a character that is currently dead on WD. Someone heading to Atlanta.

I read that it was discussed on TD, but I watched TD last week and did not recall anything about a crossover. Plus, in the beginning they specifically said there would be no crossover between the two shows, so it may be just a rumor.

ETA: From what I read, there is going to be a crossover character. It was announced at NY Comic con. They will not say which character will cross over but here is what was said:

“There is one character that is going to go from one show, that I will not name, to another show, that I will not name,” Kirkman told the crowd of what has been a question fans have asked since prequel of sorts FearTWD debuted in the summer of 2015. “This is a huge event in the world of The Walking Dead,” he added of the crossover expected to occur in the next year.

I would love for it to be Glenn or Abraham or Sasha and Tyrese. Would certainly make this show more entertaining if they brought in a crossover character from TWD.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter