Fear the Walking Dead - anyone?

In the scene prior to that, his wife said something along the lines of not burying her. As in, he left her behind. With them being religious, I think it's a big deal to not bury your dead. I don't fully understand either how that translates to her being put to rest by Daniel torching the caged walkers - maybe him putting the caged walkers to rest is symbolic of him doing the same for his wife, since he can't go back for his wife.
It almost seemed to me, based on a few things he said, that he might have believed that the compound was a gathering place for those that were not at rest? That owl seemed to really set him off, and he told Ophelia her mother was there. He also told Strand not to bury Thomas there because he would not be at rest. So I thought maybe he believed that souls that were not at rest gathered there?

I really hope Daniel makes it out okay, but the fact that the was standing there, a ways off from the door with fire between his legs...........I don't think we are going to see him again and I am upset about it. He was about the only character that I liked. :sad1:

Have to wonder if Celia is dead also. Like someone mentioned up thread, I didn't see her in the group when Daniel went down there. I was looking for her also. Nor did I see her hiding off to the sides or sneaking out the door behind Daniels back. And why is it that the walkers seems to be all casual with people down there. When Celia went in and then with Daniel. They are all just sort of standing there, barely making a move towards them. Did Celia find some magical way to subdue them?

I was pretty confused on that too, until I watched TD. They said on TD that those people behind Daniel's wife were the ghosts of his past, the people he had killed, and that scened was his redemption by burning it and letting them go finally. Seems to me that means he will definitely be alive and probably stronger as a result. They even insinuated it on TD. Unfortunately, I would not have grasped those were his past and not walkers had I not watched TD!

As far as everyone going crazy, dh and I just looked at eachother and said, "Yep. And this is why you don't drink the water in Mexico." We are probably not as funny as we thought, don't worry. ;)

It almost seemed to me, based on a few things he said, that he might have believed that the compound was a gathering place for those that were not at rest? That owl seemed to really set him off, and he told Ophelia her mother was there. He also told Strand not to bury Thomas there because he would not be at rest. So I thought maybe he believed that souls that were not at rest gathered there?

That makes sense. Leaving the walkers as is when they're really dead means they can't be at rest, and this is probably why he thought the place was evil.

My biggest reaction? What a horrible waste of all of that wine! That and I'm pretty sure wine and a brick cellar wouldn't blow up like that and burn so fast. But why have any bit of reality on a zombie show?

I was so hoping to see Celia sneak out all Scooby-Doo style in the back of the wine cellar when Daniel walked in there with the gasoline. That would have been good. Celia might have had a warped sense of the dead, but she seemed like a true survivor by poisoning the parishioners because they were coming after "her" dead, working at the estate for 40 years, climbing the ranks at that estate so much that everyone else looked to a housekeeper/nanny for guidance during the apocalypse and being the authority figure there. She could have made a pretty decent villain going forward if they took the time to develop her character.

And who walks around outside without shoes during the apocalypse? (I'm lookin' at you Travis!) Just because you are still at a cushy estate with a nice pool and outdoor showers doesn't mean that you walk around in socks. Who does that? Travis. The answer is Travis.

I didn't think I would ever like Madison, but she can stay now that she locked Celia up with the walkers.

And who walks around outside without shoes during the apocalypse? (I'm lookin' at you Travis!) Just because you are still at a cushy estate with a nice pool and outdoor showers doesn't mean that you walk around in socks. Who does that? Travis. The answer is Travis.

I didn't think I would ever like Madison, but she can stay now that she locked Celia up with the walkers.

In defense of dingy Travis, he was in bed, and ran outside when he heard the commotion, and ran off after Chris. I guess he didn't think he'd be outside the walls for that long, so he didn't take the time to stop and put his shoes on.
That said, I thought that guy who let him in was really a great guy, he gave him shoes??? Wow, I wanted him to be part of the group :-)

Where did all the walkers come from? They were all in the wine cellars which was lit on fire but suddenly they were all outside walking around, inside the walls. I don't get it?

I was pretty confused on that too, until I watched TD. They said on TD that those people behind Daniel's wife were the ghosts of his past, the people he had killed, and that scened was his redemption by burning it and letting them go finally. Seems to me that means he will definitely be alive and probably stronger as a result. They even insinuated it on TD. Unfortunately, I would not have grasped those were his past and not walkers had I not watched TD!

I thought they showed the transition from the actual walkers that were there - fading into the people in Daniel's past that he was seeing. If not, my mind must have filled in the blanks.

Where did all the walkers come from? They were all in the wine cellars which was lit on fire but suddenly they were all outside walking around, inside the walls. I don't get it?
I think the walkers that were wandering around were actually outside of the walls.

I thought they showed the transition from the actual walkers that were there - fading into the people in Daniel's past that he was seeing. If not, my mind must have filled in the blanks.

That's actually very possible because I thought he was seeing walkers and did not make the connection to the people of his past until after watching TD. So that may be why I saw walkers originally too.

No, you are correct, they did the fade.

I saw a lot of WD parallels on the last episode especially with the wine cellar/barn stuff. I do not believe Celia is dead only time will tell. I don't think that Daniel is dead either. I think that in some ways Nick feels dead and that is why he relates to the walkers so much. It's an interesting parallel to the life of an addict.

I felt horrible saying to DH last night but Chris needs to go. I really don't like that storyline. I feel like it hasn't been developed enough until they jumped into "he wants to be a serial killer." I feel like it was solely to split them up in the mid season finale and that could have been done in a better more believable way.

Does anyone just not like Madison's character? Sometimes I think they make her really unlikeable or generally really harsh. I feel like in WD we see Rick harden but it has been gradual over seasons. I just don't like the way that they write her. She can be strong and still be likable.

Just my thoughts.

I actually liked the last two episodes even though there are still some leaps in logic. I guess that I'm getting used to them. ;)

I'm glad that Strand is sticking around and hopefully Nick gets his act together. I took a closer look at the rest of the characters and I really don't mind any of them except Madison. She is always so hard and completely not likeable.

As for the truck, I think that the keys were left in it. I seem to remember that.

I feel the same way about Madison. It's like they don't know how to write her as strong with out being harsh.

I saw a lot of WD parallels on the last episode especially with the wine cellar/barn stuff. I do not believe Celia is dead only time will tell. I don't think that Daniel is dead either. I think that in some ways Nick feels dead and that is why he relates to the walkers so much. It's an interesting parallel to the life of an addict.

I felt horrible saying to DH last night but Chris needs to go. I really don't like that storyline. I feel like it hasn't been developed enough until they jumped into "he wants to be a serial killer." I feel like it was solely to split them up in the mid season finale and that could have been done in a better more believable way.

Does anyone just not like Madison's character? Sometimes I think they make her really unlikeable or generally really harsh. I feel like in WD we see Rick harden but it has been gradual over seasons. I just don't like the way that they write her. She can be strong and still be likable.

Just my thoughts.

Celia is dead, she was on the "in memoriam" section of TD. Daniel was not.

I actually liked the last two episodes even though there are still some leaps in logic. I guess that I'm getting used to them. ;)

I'm glad that Strand is sticking around and hopefully Nick gets his act together. I took a closer look at the rest of the characters and I really don't mind any of them except Madison. She is always so hard and completely not likeable.

As for the truck, I think that the keys were left in it. I seem to remember that.

I feel the same way about Madison. It's like they don't know how to write her as strong with out being harsh.
Celia is dead, she was on the "in memoriam" section of TD. Daniel was not.

Okay gotcha I didn't get to watch TD yet. That is good to know. I would have been waiting on her to pop up.

Okay gotcha I didn't get to watch TD yet. That is good to know. I would have been waiting on her to pop up.

Well, you never know LOL! They have been known to trick us into thinking people are dead when they are not, although they did not appear on TD if there was a question. I was surprised they did not show Celia as a walker too.

Nope, you are definitely not alone! Madison is the most UNlikeable character for me. Chris is annoying but I'd rather see him stick around than Madison. She drives me nuts. And then she said something on the TD a while back about wanting to be the Rick Grimes of the group. Gag! I told dh, not only is she NO Rick Grimes, but I am almost offended she had the absurdity to say such a thing lol.

I guess I am alone, Madison really doesn't bother me. At least no more than anyone else. Chris on the other hand... My only gripe with her is she never gives Nick enough credit, but then with what Nick did in this episode, maybe she was partially right.
The other thing is, they need more people. On TWD their group has always been changing, adding and losing people. This group is still so small, they can't afford to kill anyone off (and they have really shied away from that, but I guess they haven't been in as much danger yet, being on the water so much), unless they add some more people to the group.

I guess I am alone, Madison really doesn't bother me. At least no more than anyone else. Chris on the other hand... My only gripe with her is she never gives Nick enough credit, but then with what Nick did in this episode, maybe she was partially right.
The other thing is, they need more people. On TWD their group has always been changing, adding and losing people. This group is still so small, they can't afford to kill anyone off (and they have really shied away from that, but I guess they haven't been in as much danger yet, being on the water so much), unless they add some more people to the group.

You're not alone - I like Madison. I feel like there's some unknown backstory there that would explain why she got so tough so fast. I relate to her, because I feel like that's how I'd react in the situation. You have to get tough fast, because if you can't, you're going to be in trouble. I like the pairing of her and Strand as the leaders.

Nick was my favorite until his new connection with the dead thing...I really thought he would become stronger, not softer, and he and his mom would take the leadership role together with Strand.

And Travis. Ugh. He started the season so well, but he's being a moron about Chris. I understand his desire to help his son, but Chris has gone off the rails. I'm not sure how Travis thinks he's going to change him in this new world.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter