Finally getting to see the lights! Nov '11 Anniversary/Holiday/F&W PTR-New 11/4 p50

Yay for single digit dancing!! :banana:

Hopefully the boys will let you sleep in at least a little. ;) Osborne Lights are a sight to see, you will love them!

LOL, on the IoA planning. :rotfl:

YAY your trip is coming so soon! You guys are going to have a blast!!!!!!! I can't wait to hear all about it!

Hurray for single digits!!! :yay: The Osborne lights are going to be spectacular! I can't wait to hear what you think of them! They are just so gorgeous!

Yay for single digit dancing!! :banana:

Hopefully the boys will let you sleep in at least a little. ;) Osborne Lights are a sight to see, you will love them!

LOL, on the IoA planning. :rotfl:

The boys have to be pretty tired to sleep late... so we'll see!

I can't wait for the Osborne Lights! :hyper:

YAY your trip is coming so soon! You guys are going to have a blast!!!!!!! I can't wait to hear all about it!

Hi Jen!

:cool1: I'm so excited!!

Hurray for single digits!!! :yay: The Osborne lights are going to be spectacular! I can't wait to hear what you think of them! They are just so gorgeous!

I can't wait to see them!! :banana:

bd1eefca.jpg

Two weeks from today it will be Friday 11/11/11! Happy Veteran’s Day!! We'll be spending the majority of the day at MK. :cool1: At some point today, Karen will be showing up (probably with K). They will come to BWV to stay with the boys while Tim & I celebrate our anniversary at Shula’s! After dinner they might join us at Epcot for dessert & possibly Illuminations… depending how tired we are! They’ll be driving back to Tampa that night.

In weather news... it snowed here yesterday! :headache: And we are expecting more this weekend. Alex is scheduled to play in a soccer jamboree at 3:30 tomorrow afternoon... it may be snowed out! :scared1: In FLORIDA weather news... Saturday 11/5 & Sunday 11/6 are both looking sunny with highs at 77/78 & lows at 60/62. :thumbsup2 I think I'll take that over snow! :laughing:

I made another April ADR this morning... Sci-Fi Dine-In at DHS. We've eaten there before & it wasn't great but I thought we should give it another try before taking it off our list for good. Plus there are some new menu items. So we'll see...

I was excited to see a anniversary PTR. My husband and daughter are also spending our anniversary at WDW. The boys didn't want to "miss school", so they are staying with grandma. It will also be our 1st time seeing the holiday decorations, lights and MVMCP. We are staying at POP dec 1-8th. Hope you have a great trip.

:thumbsup2 for an MK day and anniversary dinner - yum! Sounds like a wonderful day!

Eeek, SNOW!! So not ready for that yet! Bet you'll be looking forward to those FL temps now! ;)

Yay for the SciFi ADR, that is an atmosphere place for us and lunch only. The one time we ate dinner there we didn't like it but the burgers/shakes at lunch were decent.

Tomorrow starts the "this time next week....." posts. :goodvibes

:banana::banana: hooray for single digits :cheer2::cheer2:

:banana:

I was excited to see a anniversary PTR. My husband and daughter are also spending our anniversary at WDW. The boys didn't want to "miss school", so they are staying with grandma. It will also be our 1st time seeing the holiday decorations, lights and MVMCP. We are staying at POP dec 1-8th. Hope you have a great trip.

:welcome: Thanks for reading!! Yay for anniversary trips & holiday decorations!! :banana: I hope you have a great trip too!

:thumbsup2 for an MK day and anniversary dinner - yum! Sounds like a wonderful day!

Eeek, SNOW!! So not ready for that yet! Bet you'll be looking forward to those FL temps now! ;)

Yay for the SciFi ADR, that is an atmosphere place for us and lunch only. The one time we ate dinner there we didn't like it but the burgers/shakes at lunch were decent.

Tomorrow starts the "this time next week....." posts. :goodvibes

No time for "this time next week" posts... busy week ahead! But I love the idea & I'm sure I'll be thinking about "next week" all week long!

The Sci Fi ADR is for lunch. :thumbsup2 I think if we go into it this time knowing we are just having CS type food but in a cool environment we'll be OK.

007b29a1.jpg

One week!!

:dancer:party::dancer::rockband::dancer: :jumping1: :dancer::rockband::dancer:party::dancer:

We're leaving one week from today!! But back to our two weeks from today... In two weeks it will be Saturday, 11/12. This will be our last Disney day! :sad2: But we plan to make the most of it! We'll start the morning braving the crowds at Epcot. Our plan is to spend time in Future World, eat a TS lunch at Via Napoli, then get the heck out of Dodge! After a break at BWV (and some packing), we'll head out to DHS to ride our favorite rides & see the Oborne Lights again. We might also see Fantasmic!

In weather news... we're expecting 5-10 inches of snow tonight (though it doesn't look like we're alone)! We'll need to spend some time today preparing the yard (bringing in planters, wiffle balls, etc.). It's highly unusual for us to get snow this early! The weather in Florida looks much better... Highs right around 80, lows around 60. :thumbsup2

I made a couple new ADRs this morning for our April trip too! We'll have to make a decision sooner rather than later because I had to put a credit card hold on our first ADR... Cape May dinner! The other option is Raglan Road.

How is my to do list coming along?

2 weeks to go (10/22 – 10/28)
• Buy snacks for travel day - DONE
• Buy extra cat food & litter - DONE
• Pull apart Disney folder and take only what’s needed - DONE
• Start packing into suitcases - DONE
• Get money organized – next week on pay day - DONE
• Transfer Disney rewards to rewards card – DONE
• Get my glasses/sunglasses adjusted at Lenscrafters - DONE
• Make list of addresses for postcards/get postcard stamps - DONE
• Make list of DISers at Disney & put in phone - DONE
• Find/redo DIS tag - DONE
• Print Door Sign - Not doing... Tim thinks I'm crazy!
• Organize DVDs & kids games - DONE
• Organize ipods/ipad - music, videos, games - DONE
• Pre-order Photopass CD - DONE
• Pack copy of auto insurance - DONE

Last week: (10/29 – 11/4)
• Print entertainment schedules from Steve Soares site or put key times in phone - DONE
• Park hours in phone – have app for that
• TGM viewing spots in phone - DONE
• Check weather – doing every day!
• Print grocery list - DONE
• Finalize rental car – DONE
• Clean Frog Tank- DONE
• Stop Mail & Paper – DONE
• Watch the “Stranger Danger” DVD - still need to do
• Program addresses into GPS (Jeff’s new address & BWV)
• Order cake (31st) – Call Monday
• Pedicure (Tuesday)
• Chiropractor (Monday)
• Haircuts (Boys – Friday, Tim – Saturday, Amy – Tuesday)
• Remind school about kids missing days/get homework
• Clean Gerbil Cage
• Pay Bills/check online banking/Get cash (Thursday)
• Clean house/change sheets
• Southwest online check-in (Friday)
• Pick up balloons (mylar so they stay filled)
• Charge everything
• Final laundry/packing
• Make sure park tickets are packed!
• Turn down heat/turn off water to washer

I think I'm doing pretty well! :thumbsup2 Tim came into the bedroom this morning, worked his way around the suitcases on the floor and asked me when I plan to start packing! :laughing:

One week dance Amy!!! :banana:

Hi Kelli! I think you are my lone one week dancer today! :banana:

We are hunkered down for a big snow storm here! We made it through the first two games of Alex's soccer jamboree... in the rain, then the snow... then the last three games were cancelled. We're just waiting for the power to go out. DMIL has lost power in the next town over & friends about 1/2 mile away have lost it now too. I'm so glad we have our generator!!

We are hunkered down for a big snow storm here! We made it through the first two games of Alex's soccer jamboree... in the rain, then the snow... then the last three games were cancelled. We're just waiting for the power to go out. DMIL has lost power in the next town over & friends about 1/2 mile away have lost it now too. I'm so glad we have our generator!!

Sorry about all the snow. It's crazy that it is here this early. You guys stay warm and cozy and safe. :thumbsup2
You will sure appreciate those Orlando temperatures next week! :cool1:

Sorry about all the snow. It's crazy that it is here this early. You guys stay warm and cozy and safe. :thumbsup2
You will sure appreciate those Orlando temperatures next week! :cool1:

That's the truth MeMom! I think the storm is over & we got around 6 inches of snow. But it's the heavy wet stuff & there are still leaves on the trees so we lost power around 3:30am. :headache:

d2128d29.jpg

In two weeks it will be Sunday 11/13. We’ll be waking up for the last time at BWV. :sad2: Depending how we’re doing for time, we may have breakfast at Captain’s Grille or we may end up with room service! We’ll finish packing up, check out & wait for our 9:30ish DME bus to arrive.

In weather news... it snowed about 6 inches here last night & we lost power around 3:30 am! :scared1: Not that big of a deal since we have a generator but it poses several potential problems for our trip. The outages are widespread so it could take several days to be back up & running. I'm not sure what we'll do if the power is still out next Saturday morning... I'm sure we'll still go on our trip but we'll have to figure out a plan for the house. Second, I can't do laundry without regular power! I suppose a trip to the laundromat later in the week would solve that problem... but it will be one more thing to do. So cross your fingers that we get power back soon!! Not to mention we are without cable... it's going to be a long day at our house. The Florida weather looks fabulous with highs still around 80 for our first four days & lows between 60-65. :thumbsup2

We didn't get much done yesterday as far as the trip goes because we were busy getting ready for the snow. Tim had to rake, drive the leaves up the road to where we dump them, then take in all of my planters. Zach had a birthday party, then a Halloween party, then we all went to Alex's soccer jamboree. We made it through the first two games then they cancelled the rest (3 more games) due to the snow. :sad2: Today will be all about the trip & trying to get as much crossed off the list as possible! And tonight is Trick-or-Treat! I know... it's only the 30th but part of NH Trick-or-Treat on teh 30th... always have... not sure why. :confused3 It should be interetsing with a good portion of town without power (including Main Street where we love to go out).

I made one April ADR this morning... 50s Prime Time for dinner! :thumbsup2

Please send pixie dust that we have our power restored by Friday!!

I feel for you. Our first Disney trip with DD (and DMIL) co-incided with what in Buffalo is known as "The October Storm". October 12, 2006. 22 inches of heavy wet stuff took out power in much of western NY for a week. We were leaving for Disney on October 14th. The airport was closed. Next available flight was 2 days later - we only were going for a 5 day stay. Not acceptable. We were able to switch our flights out of Pittsburgh...a 4 hour drive. We leave saturday morning, and while Buffalo is clear, the drive down lake Erie is more SNOW! We didn't leave enough time for it, and pulled up to the airport about 40 minutes before our flight after 5 hours of high stress driving - knowing we might not make the flight. (Naturally clear and sunny in Pittsburgh.) Dropped the family at the door and drove to the long-term lot. Grabbed the first stop i could and hoofed it to the shuttle. Asked if they could drive me back. (I now have like 25 minutes until the flight leaves.) Nope, sorry, we have to drive the whole loop. So I take-off like OJ - from the Hertz commercial, not in a Bronco. (I'm so not a runner.) Fly through security, and catch the train to the gates (like Orlando) and meet my family on the train. We literally walk on the plane and they close the door. No seats together, but managed to get someone to swap so our 3 year old didn't have to sit alone.

So - be thankful the storm was 6 days before your trip!

And...yeah for 6 days! :woohoo::yay::banana::cool1::cheer2:

I feel for you. Our first Disney trip with DD (and DMIL) co-incided with what in Buffalo is known as "The October Storm". October 12, 2006. 22 inches of heavy wet stuff took out power in much of western NY for a week. We were leaving for Disney on October 14th. The airport was closed. Next available flight was 2 days later - we only were going for a 5 day stay. Not acceptable. We were able to switch our flights out of Pittsburgh...a 4 hour drive. We leave saturday morning, and while Buffalo is clear, the drive down lake Erie is more SNOW! We didn't leave enough time for it, and pulled up to the airport about 40 minutes before our flight after 5 hours of high stress driving - knowing we might not make the flight. (Naturally clear and sunny in Pittsburgh.) Dropped the family at the door and drove to the long-term lot. Grabbed the first stop i could and hoofed it to the shuttle. Asked if they could drive me back. (I now have like 25 minutes until the flight leaves.) Nope, sorry, we have to drive the whole loop. So I take-off like OJ - from the Hertz commercial, not in a Bronco. (I'm so not a runner.) Fly through security, and catch the train to the gates (like Orlando) and meet my family on the train. We literally walk on the plane and they close the door. No seats together, but managed to get someone to swap so our 3 year old didn't have to sit alone.

So - be thankful the storm was 6 days before your trip!

And...yeah for 6 days! :woohoo::yay::banana::cool1::cheer2:

Yikes! You'll never forget that trip! Yes - I'm glad we aren't leaving this morning!!

Tim did an OJ run once when Zach left his favorite stuffed animal in the rental car. After making it through the Southwest check-in line, he hoofed it back to Alamo to see if he could find it before someone else rented the car! Luckily our story turned out well too & he found it. :thumbsup2

Yay for 6 days! :banana: Boo for no power! :headache:

Fingers crossed your power comes back on soon and that you can leave for vacation stress free. Those 80 temps are going to be a welcome relief for you guys!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter