Finally getting to see the lights! Nov '11 Anniversary/Holiday/F&W PTR-New 11/4 p50

:woohoo:Woo hoo!!! I knew that would be the case. My company learned the hard way a few years ago to do this. If you don't and it takes longer, consumers get mad!!!! So happy for you.

There are definitely still a lot of people without power... hopefully it doesn't take a week for them to be back up & running. But I'm happy it didn't take us a week!

Yay for you!!! A color and pedicure sounds great after no power and horrible weather!!! :wizard:Wishing Zach lots of good luck tonight!

The visit to the salon was great! But my hair color seems a bit dark... and I already messed up one of my toes! :headache: Luckily I'm taking the boys there for their haircuts tomorrow so I'll fix my toe then. :thumbsup2

Yeah for 4 days and power restored! :thumbsup2

:cool1:

Yay for getting power back! :cheer2: Now you can relax (as if!) and focus on getting off to Disney without worrying about the house.

Good luck to Zack today. :goodvibes

Thanks Colleen! I am much more relaxed knowing the power isn't going to be an issue.

Good Luck Zach!!!!!!:cheer2::woohoo::cheer2:

And woo hoo for power! Enjoy your day!

Thanks Mary Ellen!! :banana:

I'm so happy you got power back!!!!!!!! So many DISer's out. Good luck Zach!

The sun will feel REALLY good after all that.

4 days! :cool1:

I'm so happy too!!! The outage area is huge! And yes, the sun will feel REALLY good!! :sunny:

eaf9a82a.jpg

:banana::banana::banana: Only 3 days to go!!! :banana::banana::banana:

First I want to report that Zach passed his belt test yesterday & is now a BLUE belt!! :thumbsup2 Unfortunately, they moved this month's graduation to Satruday insted of Friday night! :headache: Luckily he isn't very upset about it & it will free up Friday night but I'm disappointed we'll miss it.

I got a couple things done yesterday that weren't on the to do list. I did online check in for BWV & for our Alamo rental car. Tim also made his tee time for golf with Jeff & J on Sunday.

The only thing I did on the to do list was email the boys' teachers about homework for while we're gone. I also went to Target & picked up a few last minute items.

I'm a little stressed out about my hair... it looks way too dark! Tim says it looks great :rolleyes1 but I think it looks BLACK! I'm taking the boys to my hairdresser for their haircuts this afternoon & I'll have her show me the hair samples of what color my hair is supposed to be. But I'm not sure if she could even fix it... maybe I'm overreacting... :confused3

Anyways - today will start with work, then I'll come home do some cleaning, go through the suitcases & make a list of what still needs to go in each one.

And tonight we finally get to go trick or treating!!!

I hope you all have a great day!!

I am sure your hair will be fine. I always think mine doesn't look the way it should after the stylist gets done and then it turns out fine.

:yay:Yay for Zach! Too bad he has to miss it but oh the fun he will have celebrating in Disney.

Have fun trick or treating tonight!

Sorry you got hit with all that snow...but I'm glad your power is back on. Here in Rochester, we missed the snow. Very unusual, but I'll take it!

All the last minute preparations sound great! I'm sure your hair will be fine...give it a few days and a few washes. ;)

Congrats to Zach on his blue belt achievement! :thumbsup2

Congratulations Zach - WAY TO GO!!!!!! :cheer2:

Your hair will probably lighten up right away when you hit the chlorine and the sun. I get my hair colored all the time and it always gets lighter.

So excited that you are another day closer! :woohoo:

BTW - since you are the SWA guru and all that - Where do you look to find out when they open up their next set of dates? I know its somewhere, but I am clueless where. :confused3

I am sure your hair will be fine. I always think mine doesn't look the way it should after the stylist gets done and then it turns out fine.

:yay:Yay for Zach! Too bad he has to miss it but oh the fun he will have celebrating in Disney.

Have fun trick or treating tonight!

I'm already getting over my hair... I think it had lightened up more than usual since I hadn't had it colored for a longer period than normal. I pushed it off so it would be colored right before this trip. I do still need to fix my toenail!

Sorry you got hit with all that snow...but I'm glad your power is back on. Here in Rochester, we missed the snow. Very unusual, but I'll take it!

All the last minute preparations sound great! I'm sure your hair will be fine...give it a few days and a few washes. ;)

Congrats to Zach on his blue belt achievement! :thumbsup2

It's always strange when the usual "snowy" areas miss a storm! We've had some big ones that have stayed south of us & we haven't gotten anything!

I've washed my hair 3 times since it was colored yesterday. ;)

Congratulations Zach - WAY TO GO!!!!!! :cheer2:

Your hair will probably lighten up right away when you hit the chlorine and the sun. I get my hair colored all the time and it always gets lighter.

So excited that you are another day closer! :woohoo:

BTW - since you are the SWA guru and all that - Where do you look to find out when they open up their next set of dates? I know its somewhere, but I am clueless where. :confused3

Thanks Mary Ellen! I'm already feeling better about my hair. Alex saw me yesterday and said, "Why is your hair like that?" :rolleyes1 Then today, I asked Zach if my hair looks black and he said, "Your hair always looks like that"... not sure who to believe! I think I'll go with Zach! :laughing:

Go to Travel tools/View all travel tools. Or just click here. :goodvibes

Yay for trick or treating. It should be a great night weather wise. Much better than the weekend!!

So glad your power came back on with enough time to finish up all your trip stuff. :thumbsup2

Glad the hair color is working out. I'm the opposite, I always think mine is too light. ;)

Congrats to Zach on his blue belt! :cheer2:

3 days!! Woo Hoo!! Can't wait to hear about the reveal! :goodvibes

Yay for trick or treating. It should be a great night weather wise. Much better than the weekend!!

It was a great night! I'll post a picture of the boys tomorrow if I have time.

So glad your power came back on with enough time to finish up all your trip stuff. :thumbsup2

Glad the hair color is working out. I'm the opposite, I always think mine is too light. ;)

Congrats to Zach on his blue belt! :cheer2:

3 days!! Woo Hoo!! Can't wait to hear about the reveal! :goodvibes

Now we're down to just over two days to go!! :banana: I'm adjusting to the hair. I did get my toenail fixed... but that was around 4:30 & trick or treat started at 5:00 so I had to wear flip flops & my winter coat for our first part of the night!

I can't believe it but we're down to 2 days!!!

dfb45c5f.jpg

:banana::banana: 2 Days!! :banana::banana:

I probably won’t have time tomorrow so today I’m going to share pictures from our wedding! Keep in mind that these are 15 years old, before I wore glasses & before Tim added a “few” pounds. :rolleyes1

a3a5a3b5.jpg

The Jamaicans told us rain was good luck for lots of babies! :rotfl:

e89f3a6b.jpg

The kids sometimes ask me who I was with in these pictures. :rolleyes:

The to do list is coming along nicely. I ordered our cake yesterday (which is what inspired me to scan our wedding pictures). This time I called the Boardwalk Bakery directly & spoke with a lovely lady named Jessi. I emailed her a few pictures but haven't heard back yet. Hopefully today!

The weather still looks good, but a little bit cooler to start. Saturday's high is only going to reach 73 but the rest of the week has highs in the upper 70s/low 80s. :thumbsup2

I'll be back tomorrow morning or later today with an update on the to do list!

Thanks for hooking me up on the SWA dates! I've got a lot of stuff to do in November - book June flights, change my June reservation from VWL to BWV. I know I was going to save that for October, but I really want to try BWV for part of my stay, and......make a ressie for F&W! :thumbsup2

I will check back later to see your wedding pictures!

:thumbsup2 for getting the cake order done.

AND :yay::woohoo::cheer2::banana::cool1: for 2 more days!

What great wedding pictures!! I love your gown.

That is so funny that the boys ask who you are with in the pics.:rotfl2:

Wow Alex really looks like Tim in that picture! And I thought the first one was taken at the Poly :thumbsup2

I'm so happy I made it back here before you go! :goodvibes

On to the big surprise... After going back & forth, we’ve decided to have the big reveal on Saturday morning, 11/5, just before we are due to leave for the airport. It will start out with a scavenger hunt, which will lead them to a box. I’ll probably have the box hiding amongst the luggage in the living room ready to go. The box will have balloons & goody bags for each of the boys.

I'm so excited to see the pictures/videos from this! What a very fun idea!!! :yay:

As far as souvenirs go for the boys, rather than giving them money this time, we are going to reward them with a souvenir each day. Luckily it’s a short trip! If they behave, they can choose a souvenir toward the end of the day. I’m not totally sure how it’s going to work if they see something they HAVE to have early in the day. We are park hopping so the same souvenir might not be available elsewhere… We may have to do the sneak attack & have one of us run back to a store to pick something up & hide it or have it sent to the front of the park for later. We may have to break this rule a bit at DTD unless we let them pick something out & make them save it for later! But I'm not sure how well that will work!

I didn't read the chatter between updates, so this could already be decided upon, but I was thinking you could give them a coupon at the end of the day letting them pick out a souvenir the NEXT day at whatever park you were at....so then you wouldn't have to worry about them finding something early in the day - if they had a coupon from the previous day, they could buy it right then and there. Or, maybe they could save as many coupons as they want until they find things? Just tossing out ideas! :goodvibes

I'm so excited for your trip, so glad the power came back on. I hope everything with your washer gets straightened out too!

I most likely won't make it back considering how far behind I am on everyone's reports :rolleyes: so HAVE A MAGICAL TRIP!!!!! I look forward to reading all about it! :yay:

Thanks for hooking me up on the SWA dates! I've got a lot of stuff to do in November - book June flights, change my June reservation from VWL to BWV. I know I was going to save that for October, but I really want to try BWV for part of my stay, and......make a ressie for F&W! :thumbsup2

I will check back later to see your wedding pictures!

:thumbsup2 for getting the cake order done.

AND :yay::woohoo::cheer2::banana::cool1: for 2 more days!

Glad to help with the Southwest stuff! :thumbsup2 It's funny how the trip planning comes in waves. Sounds like you have a busy November.

The cake... still haven't heard back from the lady I emailed. I sent a follow up letting her know we are leaving Saturday morning & that I'd like to have the cake ordered tomorrow. :confused3

What great wedding pictures!! I love your gown.

That is so funny that the boys ask who you are with in the pics.:rotfl2:

Thanks Doreen!

Wow Alex really looks like Tim in that picture! And I thought the first one was taken at the Poly :thumbsup2

You're right!! That's funny about the Poly... but that's something to keep in mind when I talk with the cake lady tomorrow. If she can't figure out Tropical, maybe she can figure out Poly themed. :confused3

I was thinking the same thing. Amy, I loved the wedding pictures you both look so happy. I hope you have a magical trip :goodvibes.

Thanks Tracy!! :goodvibes

I'm so happy I made it back here before you go! :goodvibes

I'm so excited to see the pictures/videos from this! What a very fun idea!!! :yay:

I didn't read the chatter between updates, so this could already be decided upon, but I was thinking you could give them a coupon at the end of the day letting them pick out a souvenir the NEXT day at whatever park you were at....so then you wouldn't have to worry about them finding something early in the day - if they had a coupon from the previous day, they could buy it right then and there. Or, maybe they could save as many coupons as they want until they find things? Just tossing out ideas! :goodvibes

I'm so excited for your trip, so glad the power came back on. I hope everything with your washer gets straightened out too!

I most likely won't make it back considering how far behind I am on everyone's reports :rolleyes: so HAVE A MAGICAL TRIP!!!!! I look forward to reading all about it! :yay:

Hi Brook! Great idea on the souvenir coupons... that's exactly what we're doing! :thumbsup2 I can't wait to share the video of the surprise. I've got the box all ready to go with the balloons already inside. I bought the mylar ones so they would hold the helium longer. :cool1: Only one more day to go!!

505e3450.jpg

:banana: Tomorrow, tomorrow, I love you tomorrow, you're only a day away!!! :banana:

Let's take a look at this week's to do list:

Here is what is done:
• Print entertainment schedules from Steve Soares site or put key times in phone - DONE
• Park hours in phone – have app for that
• TGM viewing spots in phone - DONE
• Check weather – DONE
• Print grocery list - DONE
• Finalize rental car – DONE
• Clean Frog Tank - DONE
• Stop Mail & Paper – DONE
• Watch the “Stranger Danger” DVD - DONE
• Program addresses into GPS (Jeff’s new address & BWV) – DONE
• Clean Gerbil Cage - DONE
• Chiropractor (Monday) - DONE
• Order cake (31st) - DONE
• Pedicure (Tuesday) - DONE
• Haircuts (Boys – Friday, Tim – Saturday, Amy – Tuesday) - DONE
• Remind school about kids missing days/get homework - DONE
• Pay Bills/check online banking/Get cash (Thursday) – DONE
• Pick up balloons - DONE
• Clean house/change sheets - DONE

Also:
• Online resort check-in - DONE
• Online rental car check-in – DONE
• Make Tee Time - DONE

Here is what is still left to do today/tomorrow morning:
• Southwest online check-in
• Charge everything - charged most things yesterday, just a few left
• Final laundry/packing
• Make sure park tickets are packed! (they are but I always double check)
• Turn down heat/turn off water to washer & unplug washer

Unfortuantely the sleepless nights have begun... I tossed & turned a lot last night. :sad2: But that just means we are sooo close!!! :cool1:

Today should fly by... I have to stop at the store that I do bookkeeping for, come home, throw in some laundry, do some work & Southwest online check in. Then off to have lunch with my friend Laura, stopping back at the store to drop off the work I did. Then back home to finish packing. Alex goes with his mentor after school today & Zach has karate. When we finally all get home, we'll have dinner, the boys will have showers & will hopefully get to bed early! I'll be popping some extra melatonin tonight! :thumbsup2

I can't wait to surprise the boys tomorrow morning!!! :hyper:

I'll be back tonight!!

:cool1::woohoo::yay::dance3::cheer2::banana:

Congratulations! One Day Away!!!!!!!

Can't wait to hear all about how you surprise the boys tomorrow. Have an absolutely wonderful trip!

What lovely wedding photos!!!

:cool1::dance3::yay::banana:You are only a day away!!!! So excited! I may not get back on here today so I hope you have a fabulous time. You are going to love Disney with all its Christmas decorations! It really gets you in the holiday spirit.

Can't wait to see all your pictures!

Have fun surprising the boys tomorrow!

Beautiful wedding pictures!!:goodvibes

YAY for one day!!!:yay::dance3::yay:

I hope you have a magical trip, Amy!!pixiedust: I can't wait to read all about it and especially how surprised the boys were!:thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter