• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Find Your Own "Directive" - the February Weight Loss / Life Style Change Challenge

@DisPup75 - congratulations! I know that I would never want to take another bar exam either. And to have FP+ open up on the same day - uggh! Although I guess it's better your FP+ opened up after you took it and not the day before you took it.

Loved reading everyone's Woo-hoo's! I didn't really have one this week (kinda under the weather stomach-wise) but all of your positivity is inspiring!

Well, it all went downhill after my weekend crap. LOL I was sick, I worked a few days and now I'm trying to get ready for leaving Saturday. So that's my woo hoo! I'm leaving Saturday for San Francisco for five days. And this week is my final week of the eight week program that I have survived, even if I didn't have the energy to post here .....woohoo! Sadly I do not think I've lost any weight, I will weigh myself on Friday morning. But I can say I've lost a few inches of my clothes are loosening up noticeably finally. It's so frustrating when results go so slowly, but I need to make a pact here to get back on the program as soon as I get home, and not my usual two weeks after vacation mode.

Sorry I've been MIA, I've really missed out

For those who watch, what did you think of the biggest loser finale?

Sorry that the 8 week program hasn't give you more obvious results.... but good thing that you are noticing looser clothing! Can't wait to have you back with us more full time!

I did watch the BL season and the finale and I definitely have some comments.... but I will say, it goes to show you that MONEY isn't always the motivator that you think it will be.... otherwise MANY of those at home people would have done MUCH better job!! I was frankly surprised at how little some of those at-home folks lost! I do think many folks looked much healthier and there was definitely progress made by most of them. Sarah was STUNNING! I forgot what a hot mess she was during the start of the season! I wasn't rooting for anyone in particular (well, maybe Colby).

Love seeing so many woohoos today! I've got two:

Scale Woohoo-- I'm down this week so far (knock on wood!)-- I was up last week but now I'm a pound less than the week before.... Let's keep this going!!!

Non Scale Woohoo: I'm getting a keratin treatment this weekend. My frizz and the FL humidity do not cooperate! My cousin has a salon and she worked a deal with me otherwise I could never convince DH to spend so much $$$ on my hair LOL! I'm so excited to have sleek hair without an hour or blow drying and straightening! Another thing I am thinking is that this may have a positive influence on me working out-- I hate sweating profusely because I hate washing my hair. It's such an ordeal... maybe this will help! :rotfl:

WOOhoo on the scale! Love to hear how the keratin treatment works..... I do not have frizz issues, but the humidity in FL ALWAYS make a mess of me! I have SO MANY pictures from WDW that I would love.... if it weren't for how crazy my hair looks! I've even photoshopped a few pictures that had crazy hair so that I could show them in public! I have learned, when in Florida, I MUST, MUST, MUST use some sort of hair gel to keep things from getting wild!

I would like to add to my woohoo - I was able to meet my goal that I set this morning of 20,000 steps!

The only problem was I met the goal around 3:00, and it left me too much time, so I pounded out another 10,000 and hit my first 30,000 day ever!

WOW! Congrats on hitting a new high step goal!!

Bar exam DONE!!!! May I never take another one because this was a b*****. Way worse than when I did this the first time 15 years ago.

24 minutes to Fast Pass Plus time!!! So tired. I just want to go to bed but reservations are more important!

HI! Congrats on finishing the bar in one piece!! And WOOHOOHOO on booking your FP+ ! That is a great reward to all of your hard work these past few weeks! Glad to have you back with us!

Hi friends! Ended yesterday with a bad headache. Managed to kill it with some Advil enough to make dinner and enjoy Survivor, but was VERY unproductive and sedentary. I haven't looked at the FB app for yesterday, but if I hit 5K steps I'll be surprised. By 3pm I was struggling to feel well enough to just clean up my scrapping mess.... and making dinner at 5pm was another challenge, but I did it.

Off to hang laundry in the sunshine! TTYL................P

WOWZA!! TOTALLY forgot to mention a MAJOR woohoo yesterday!! I BOUGHT MY DISNEYLAND PARK TICKETS!!!!!!!!!!! That's it.... no going back now! We are GOING TO DISNEYLAND!! And..... I SUPER SPLURGED and bought 3 day park hoppers! We don't arrive until early Sunday evening (and leave on a red-eye Tuesday night), but DD and I discussed it and rationalized (as only Disney lovers can) that the extra for the third day PLUS the fact that it gives us a Magic Morning was TOTALLY WORTH the extra $80/each to have a few hours in the parks on Sunday night! PLUS it may give us one more opportunity to see the evening shows/parades/fireworks! Hey, it's only money, right?? ;)

The conference officially ends at 3pm on Sunday (in San Diego). If we are packed and loaded and checked out of the hotel, I figure we can be on the road by 3:30, AT THE LATEST (that will obviously depend on DD.... but there is a small possibility of leaving even earlier!). That gets us to Anaheim (if we are blessed with low traffic and I keep the pedal down) by 5:30 pm..... park the car, check into the hotel, and in the parks by 6:30 pm?? And I think the parks are (historically) open until 10 - 11 pm that night. So the question was "would you pay $20/hr for time in a Disney park (plus the Magic Morning)?" And the answer was a resounding "YES WE WOULD!!"

And yet ANOTHER slightly smaller woohooo.............it is currently 60°F here at my house..... IN NEW HAMPSHIRE.... in FEBRUARY!! I'm walking OUTSIDE today!! I sent a FB message to a friend to see if she is available to walk with me after lunch, but if not I will head out alone with some good (Disney) music in my ears and consider it TRAINING for some crazy long park days!

TTYL.......................P

WOWZA!! TOTALLY forgot to mention a MAJOR woohoo yesterday!! I BOUGHT MY DISNEYLAND PARK TICKETS!!!!!!!!!!! That's it.... no going back now! We are GOING TO DISNEYLAND!! And..... I SUPER SPLURGED and bought 3 day park hoppers! We don't arrive until early Sunday evening (and leave on a red-eye Tuesday night), but DD and I discussed it and rationalized (as only Disney lovers can) that the extra for the third day PLUS the fact that it gives us a Magic Morning was TOTALLY WORTH the extra $80/each to have a few hours in the parks on Sunday night! PLUS it may give us one more opportunity to see the evening shows/parades/fireworks! Hey, it's only money, right?? ;)

The conference officially ends at 3pm on Sunday (in San Diego). If we are packed and loaded and checked out of the hotel, I figure we can be on the road by 3:30, AT THE LATEST (that will obviously depend on DD.... but there is a small possibility of leaving even earlier!). That gets us to Anaheim (if we are blessed with low traffic and I keep the pedal down) by 5:30 pm..... park the car, check into the hotel, and in the parks by 6:30 pm?? And I think the parks are (historically) open until 10 - 11 pm that night. So the question was "would you pay $20/hr for time in a Disney park (plus the Magic Morning)?" And the answer was a resounding "YES WE WOULD!!"

And yet ANOTHER slightly smaller woohooo.............it is currently 60°F here at my house..... IN NEW HAMPSHIRE.... in FEBRUARY!! I'm walking OUTSIDE today!! I sent a FB message to a friend to see if she is available to walk with me after lunch, but if not I will head out alone with some good (Disney) music in my ears and consider it TRAINING for some crazy long park days!

TTYL.......................P

WooHoo!!! I know the feeling, having just purchased the airfare for WDW - it is really going to happen! I've been thinking more about my WDW trip in May than my March trip to Texas, which is actually a big deal and much more than a vacation as I'm thinking of moving to Texas at some point and this trip is about checking out different areas and connecting with people. I belong to the national glamping/vintage trailer group Sisters on the Fly and am setting up meet-and-greets to get to know some Texas gals... they've been super friendly and helpful in planning.

You would think that living on the left coast I'd go to DL often, but have only been twice. First time I didn't like it because everything was different/wrong and the second time I did like it because everything was different/new. Look forward to hearing about your trip - have a lovely walk today!

Last edited:
Question of the Day - February 25
200.gif

Making that final push!
There are only a few days left this month - which means that this weekend is the final push to get to your goal.
Like Captain McCrea, we're going to get out of our own floaty chair and make it happen!!

What are you going to do over the next 5 days to make that final push?
What challenges have you had getting out of your own "floaty chair"?

What will you continue doing if you're on the path to success?

That third day will make such a difference. Disneyland will be open until midnight and California Adventure until 10pm (should be summer hours still), which means you'll definitely get your $80 worth. SO EXCITED FOR YOU! :)

200.gif

Making that final push!
There are only a few days left this month - which means that this weekend is the final push to get to your goal.
Like Captain McCrea, we're going to get out of our own floaty chair and make it happen!!

Yes, that final push... I was down this morning, so I am currently 1.4 lbs away from my Feb goal. My WW weight in day is Friday and for some reason I consistently lose weight on Saturday - sometimes this is my only weight loss for the week. So I am hopeful this trend will continue and I'll be looking at one-derland Saturday morning. :dogdance:

We are supposed to get good weather Saturday, sunshine and almost 60 degrees, so I was thinking of a hike and wishing I could come up with someone to hike with and boom, a person magically appeared. So at lunch I'm going to get a Washington Day Hikes book and pick something that is convenient to our other plans... The Stitches and Sewing Expo.

I'm upping my daily step goal to 15,000 and will be eating very mindfully!

200.gif

Making that final push!

I'm 4 lbs away from my goal, so I'm going to need to bust my butt and get a little luck to make it. I knew a 15 lb goal would be difficult, but I'm still going to give it a shot.

I know we are going out to eat Friday and Saturday night with friends, both to local restaurants that don't have their nutritional information posted (I hate that). I really like knowing exactly what to put into MFP. That doesn't make things any easier.

200.gif

Making that final push!

I'm wheels up on a plane tomorrow to New Orleans! YEAH! If anyone wants to follow my progress via the free runner tracking text email, please let me know via PM and i'll send you the link and my name. You'll see just how slow I am on Sunday's Half Marathon! :)

I think that's really going to be my big push for the month. I've worked so hard for this -- 3:30 or die trying to reach it.

If I don't reach it, then I'm going to assess where my weaknesses came into play and work on fixing those for the next races in two weeks: DC and then Dallas the next week.

I know I'm a day late, but ... I love reading all of the woohoos from yesterday!!

@DisPup75 - congrats on finishing taking the bar!!

@pjlla - congrats on buying your DL ticket! There is definitely still a lot you can get done there at night, and I think that third day will definitely be worth it!

Eh. I've been so back and forth this month and it's frustrating.
I'm going to focus on continuing to track my food whenever possible, and hope that gets me to a less frustrating final weigh-in.
I'm just a little nervous because I know I've been doing better earlier in the week than I am later in the week, and I'm scared that I'm going to go off the rails on Friday/Saturday and just not care.

I'm wheels up on a plane tomorrow to New Orleans! YEAH! If anyone wants to follow my progress via the free runner tracking text email, please let me know via PM and i'll send you the link and my name. You'll see just how slow I am on Sunday's Half Marathon! :)

I think that's really going to be my big push for the month. I've worked so hard for this -- 3:30 or die trying to reach it.

If I don't reach it, then I'm going to assess where my weaknesses came into play and work on fixing those for the next races in two weeks: DC and then Dallas the next week.

Have an awesome time and good luck! I can't wait to see you come back and talk about your sub-3:30 half!

Making that final push!

Trying to watch the sodium today, but ended up with salty split pea soup for dinner (cooked with a ham bone, but no added meat) and some popcorn for a snack this afternoon.... hope that salt doesn't show up on the scale tomorrow or Saturday. I did get out for a walk today, but Mother Nature was determined to cut it short.... walked about 2.5 and returned home because of rain....then I tried again later and didn't even make it 5 minutes before the rain started again.

Gonna push the liquids tonight (water, decaf tea, seltzer) to help combat the salt, maybe add some fiber to my tea, and stop all foods within the next hour. This will be my last weigh-in for February, so I'm hoping to show SOME progress.... ANY progress! ....................P

I'm just going to keep on swimming! Super busy with husband's surgery yesterday and his care now, so I have not written in my tracker, so mentally tracking will have to do. Not getting to the gym but I'm using my fitness trampoline. I do have to increase my water intake.

I'm wheels up on a plane tomorrow to New Orleans! YEAH!

Have a great run and fun time! Love NOLA!

Have a wonderful time in New Orleans! You can do it!

200.gif

Making that final push!

Final push - here I come! I'm hoping for a good finish to the month, I finally have a week with no special meals out/celebrations, yet I've been feeling a little sluggish all week. I've been getting my 15,000 steps every day but feel like I've been phoning it in. Hope my laziness doesn't affect the scale.

Pamela -- Disneyland! Woohoo! Is this your first time there? It's on our list to visit finally, one day! Maybe in a couple years... How exciting!

Well I did my WI this morning, surprised I remembered bc I forgot to set my scale out. I just squeaked back in the 150s and I'm very thrilled to see that after up and down for several weeks. I got some lab work back yesterday and I need to adjust my mineral steroid replacement which means I'm about to swell for a few days, and traveling makes me swell too....so that was a good number to see to end the month! I woke up stupid early, but I'm still going in to the gym before yoga and get my last workout done for the program. I'm amazed at what I've been able to actually do as for the workouts where I had thought I'd never be able to do strength training worthwhile again. I still, have to modify a lot , but that's ok!

Courtneybeth - :thanks: for such a fabulous job hostessing!! Have fun in NOLA! We just booked a trip there for October so tell me all your favorites when you get back!

Great job everyone for you all your effort this month!

Hi everyone --- I'm in the airport and getting a little stir crazy. My flight is at 720am, but my shuttle picked me up at 330am and got me here at 430. Just been hanging out on the internet and pondering what I am doing here so early! I don't have much time to chat but I will check in periodically this weekend and update on how things are going. Arriving in Austin then making the 8 hour drive to New Orleans. EPIC ROAD TRIP YEAH!

Good luck @flvy at your race this weekend. Get that sub-3:30 time too. We got this! I'll text you with updates when I'm done with my race :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter