Find Your Own "Directive" - the February Weight Loss / Life Style Change Challenge

Question of the Day - February 26
200.gif

Let's talk about... Our Directives
Our directives are the programed function we are designed to fulfill. Over time we've stuck to this programing
and are now in our present position - whether positive or negative. This last month challenged us to find
a new Directive. For EVE it was finding the plant. For Wall-e it was compacting trash and making Earth clean again.

How has your Directive changed over the last month?
Start thinking about next month and how you'll continue your progress.

Bonus question: Did anyone re-watch Wall-e during this month's challenge?

Holy exhaustion Batman! I'm so sorry that I've been absent for what feels like ages. This past week has been so incredibly busy and emotional that I haven't had time to do much other than work or sleep. My eating has taken a big hit this week. I was eating pretty much whatever I wanted. So there's a very slim chance of me weighing in for the final weigh in because I just know that it's not going to be a pretty number lol. I know that's kinda cheating but...oh well! I'm so happy to be back to my normal routine today. That includes eating but not exercising. I need one more day to decompress and then tomorrow I'll be back on the mill!

200.gif

Our directives are the programed function we are designed to fulfill. Over time we've stuck to this programing
and are now in our present position - whether positive or negative. This last month challenged us to find
a new Directive. For EVE it was finding the plant. For Wall-e it was compacting trash and making Earth clean again.

I'm in the process of a major re-imagining of my life... taking physical care of myself and getting healthy is just one piece in this shift. As mentioned in a previous post, I am seriously considering a move to Texas in the next couple of years (I'm currently living in Seattle): I've done big cross country moves before, the last one being from Chicago back to Seattle 20 years ago, but each move I've stayed with the same company and this time I'm planning on refurbishing my career as well. I'm currently going thru my stuff and downsizing (just like with my physical self) and will be taking classes for different certifications to beef up my resume. The past couple years have been huge in terms of professional growth and now I want to take that and add new skills and wrap up my corporate career doing something really awesome that excites me (I'm hopefully about 5 years away from corp retirement).

Exercising the discipline to follow the WW plan, and get success from it, is a huge step in the right direction and is a reminder of personal power and what I am capable of... if/when I choose to do so.

Last edited:
Weekly Check-in:

Goal for the month: 199.9 --- One-derland!
Current Weight : 200.4
% of Goal : 99.75%!

This turned in to a good week with -1.9 pounds... surely I can "release" another -.5 pound in the next few days!!! That is going to be my main focus over the weekend... mindful eating and maintaining 15,000 steps per day.

200.gif

I like having a distance goal so I am not only focusing on weight only. Next month I will be making another km goal. I went for a 5.6km walk this morning so I am at 55.7km/60km for this months goal and will reach it on Sunday. For some reason I stopped getting notifications for this thread so I will have to play catch up tonight when I have time to read them all.

200.gif

I can slowly see my lifestyle changing. And the scale is reflecting that as well-- yippee! I have NOT been 100% on target with exercise and eating, but I am slowly learning where to draw the line between sometimes and always foods. Next month will be more of the same for me. It's working. Even though weight loss hasn't been my goal on here, I am still down almost 3lbs just by focusing on my new directive of moving more and logging what I eat. I even majorly cheated twice this month and still lost weight. So this seems like a lifestyle I can maintain haha!

I am hoping to push through the weekend and add some more exercise to get my percentage up before I post my final percent on Sunday though!

Hi everyone --- I'm in the airport and getting a little stir crazy. My flight is at 720am, but my shuttle picked me up at 330am and got me here at 430. Just been hanging out on the internet and pondering what I am doing here so early! I don't have much time to chat but I will check in periodically this weekend and update on how things are going. Arriving in Austin then making the 8 hour drive to New Orleans. EPIC ROAD TRIP YEAH!

Good luck @flvy at your race this weekend. Get that sub-3:30 time too. We got this! I'll text you with updates when I'm done with my race :)

Make it happen!!!! I'll let you know how I do! Fingers crossed. Flat courses mean sub 3:30!!

200.gif

I have not worked on exercise as much as could have this month but I have come here to get encouragement and I have put in my food into sparkpeople just about every day. I feel much more in control of my eating than I did at the beginning of the month.

My "directive" has definitely been leaning in the "getting back to regular exercise" direction. I was a VERY DEDICATED regular exerciser for the first 5 years of this journey... .SERIOUSLY dedicated. But since DD left for college (that is not an excuse.... just aware of the timing) I have let that part of my journey slide further and further away. Hoping and PRAYING that wearing this Fitbit and knowing I have an ACTIVE vacation in September will help me get back into a regular routine.

I did NOT watch Wall-E again this month.... I was thinking about it, but it isn't my favorite and I always fall asleep during it!

Weekly Check-in:

Goal for the month: 199.9 --- One-derland!
Current Weight : 200.4
% of Goal : 99.75%!

This turned in to a good week with -1.9 pounds... surely I can "release" another -.5 pound in the next few days!!! That is going to be my main focus over the weekend... mindful eating and maintaining 15,000 steps per day.

WOWZA!! SO CLOSE! Can't wait to celebrate with you when you hit One-derland!

Hey friends! Ran to the market today, plus some laundry and a bit of relaxing Pinterest reading this morning.... and yes I DID get in a brief COLD walk outside.... and now I'm off to make dinner. We are having a family favorite.... cauliflower "fried rice". Everyone loves it and I LOVE that it gets SO MANY VEGGIES on our plate! What I do hate about it is the mess involved in shredding the cauliflower.... so I don't make it as often as I would like.

I'll be back in the morning to chat!.........................P

My directive has changed in that I've pushed myself to continue tracking and exercising through another winter month. This is the first year I've been accountable for weight loss throughout the winter; although my progress has been slow, I AM losing and not gaining. For next month, I do need to push further, especially in exercising.

Question of the Weekend - February 27-28

cWIJYGq.jpg

Disney Sweets and Treats
On weekends we take a break and focus on some aspect of Disney parks. This week's discussion is about your

favorite sweets and treats. They can be done per park or just overall. And since you're indulging virtually
there are NO calories consumed! Enjoy sharing your favorite Disney desserts, treats, munchies. POST PICS! :)

What are some of your favorite snacks at Disney parks?
Share with us your most recommend items!

Question of the Weekend - February 27-28

cWIJYGq.jpg

Disney Sweets and Treats
On weekends we take a break and focus on some aspect of Disney parks. This week's discussion is about your

favorite sweets and treats. They can be done per park or just overall. And since you're indulging virtually
there are NO calories consumed! Enjoy sharing your favorite Disney desserts, treats, munchies. POST PICS! :)

Oh that looks so good! I have not found any snacks at the parks I must have again. I do have the frozen lemonade every time. My best snacks have been at the resorts. My kids discovered cronuts at Epcot and fell in love with them. They can't wait to have another one. I also do enjoy using my snack credits for my Starbucks in the morning at the parks. I have never seen the above treats anywhere.

Note not related to ANYTHING but Disney Parks:

Rumors are spreading that ticket prices for all levels of tickets, including annual passes, will increase on SUNDAY. If you haven't already done so, please please please go buy your tickets for any upcoming trips you may have.

This is the THIRD price increase I've encountered in 12 months -- and sadly this is the one that will price me out of an annual pass. Spoke to the husband tonight and we're not renewing the Premier pass we have. Once we expire in November we're not going back to Disneyland for a very long time and will only visit Disney World once per year during our annual christmas trip.

it breaks my heart - been a passholder since 1994 and I've finally had enough. Too many people, not enough attractions open due to construction, and Star Wars land won't make it any better at Disneyland (really - it's going to make it even busier). When there's a depreciating level of enjoyment due to all of these factors, it just means that it's time.

::sigh:: I am so bummed.

Rumors are spreading that ticket prices for all levels of tickets, including annual passes, will increase on SUNDAY. If you haven't already done so, please please please go buy your tickets for any upcoming trips you may have.

This is the THIRD price increase I've encountered in 12 months -- and sadly this is the one that will price me out of an annual pass. Spoke to the husband tonight and we're not renewing the Premier pass we have. Once we expire in November we're not going back to Disneyland for a very long time and will only visit Disney World once per year during our annual christmas trip.

it breaks my heart - been a passholder since 1994 and I've finally had enough. Too many people, not enough attractions open due to construction, and Star Wars land won't make it any better at Disneyland (really - it's going to make it even busier). When there's a depreciating level of enjoyment due to all of these factors, it just means that it's time.

Kenny the Pirate also reported today that they're cutting the Streetmosphere characters at DHS, in addition to raising the prices (and possibly adding the ticket tiering) this weekend. UGH. Come on, Disney. Don't do this. I'm afraid another increase will make it even more difficult for us to go back in the next couple of years. It's so frustrating. How can they justify raising the prices when SO MUCH of their parks in under construction right now??? Just take one year off. Then when you can say "OH HEY, Pandoraland is opening this fall", people won't gripe AS much about an increase.

As for the APs, if you purchase the vouchers before the price increase, they don't have an expiration date on them, so you can pay the current prices but not activate them for however long you need to. I know that's not an option for everyone - certainly not for me! - but it might help someone out.

For the QOTD - croque glaces, Mickey ice cream bars, MICKEY WAFFLES, Disney popcorn, and several yummy rum drinks in various parks. Om nom nom. I want to go back to Disney so badly. :-(

Unrelated - did anyone watch Fuller House today?

Pictures for the QOTD... It's really no wonder I put on weight during our trip. LOL

12193500_10205375037404365_8286070014939530270_n.jpg 12189835_10205375359812425_2163484865893151437_n.jpg 12196105_10205375139326913_6348786329951298960_n.jpg 12189859_10205375048884652_1078411309765621676_n.jpg 1508659_10205375048644646_5662639843674789211_n.jpg 12122747_10205375128286637_1799797566513930051_n.jpg

Last edited:
As for the APs, if you purchase the vouchers before the price increase, they don't have an expiration date on them, so you can pay the current prices but not activate them for however long you need to. I know that's not an option for everyone - certainly not for me! - but it might help someone out.

I remember we did this last year and ran into a slew of problems as we tried to upgrade to Premier. They eventually worked it out but OMG WHY DISNEY. ANGST.

Not a big snacker at WDW - the heat, enjoying meals at World Showcase -- BUT I do love a refreshing Dole Whip Float. On our December trip, we discovered Dole Whip rum drinks in AK. Yum! Also enjoy the almond soft pretzels in Norway.

Does anyone know if I were to book my November trip today with my park tickets but want to add any discounts (free dining) if and when it comes out will they change my ticket prices to the new prices? I know I am going in November at some point for the Christmas party but was waiting until a discount came out.

Kenny the Pirate also reported today that they're cutting the Streetmosphere characters at DHS, in addition to raising the prices (and possibly adding the ticket tiering) this weekend. UGH. Come on, Disney. Don't do this. I'm afraid another increase will make it even more difficult for us to go back in the next couple of years. It's so frustrating. How can they justify raising the prices when SO MUCH of their parks in under construction right now??? Just take one year off. Then when you can say "OH HEY, Pandoraland is opening this fall", people won't gripe AS much about an increase.

For the QOTD - croque glaces, Mickey ice cream bars, MICKEY WAFFLES, Disney popcorn, and several yummy rum drinks in various parks. Om nom nom. I want to go back to Disney so badly. :-(

Unrelated - did anyone watch Fuller House today?

Pictures for the QOTD... It's really no wonder I put on weight during our trip. LOL

View attachment 153531 View attachment 153532 View attachment 153533 View attachment 153534 View attachment 153535 View attachment 153536

The constant price increases plus service/attraction cuts are killing us too. Our April trip is going to be the last WDW trip for a LONG time. We probably still will try to make a quick trip to the Land every year or two while engaging in other Left Coast activities but I'm not enjoying paying trough the nose for these transition times. I'm sure bottom line profits aren't affected all that much by fed up regular visitors (since first time visits are still through the roof) but it makes me sad too.

I've got France and the UK as the 2017 plan and so will plan maybe 2 days at Disneyland Paris and then off to Tokyo in 2021 for my last student loan payment celebration trip. So there is still Disney in the future but it is very unlikely we will have any more exclusively Disney focused vacations unless they really step up their game. Or we win PowerBall.

@courtneybeth, I would probably curl up in a ball and cry though if I lived as near to Disneyland as you do and was looking at giving up annual passes. But yeah, at a certain point, it is too much. And I think they've reached it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter