First round of stimulus checks deposited today

I think it’s supposed to be entered exactly how it is on your tax return. That’s how I’ve been entering it. Sometimes I do all caps. Sometimes lower case. Sometimes proper punctuation. It always works but it is exactly how it is on my return.

My tax return shows lower case but it didn’t work until I entered it with all caps. It’s still a huge mystery with no rhyme or reason as to what works for everyone.

Our specific situation was refund due for 2019 but applied it to 2020 quarterly estimates. None of the tips I had seen on this thread had worked for me until I tried all caps today. I’m hoping this will be helpful for someone else even if it doesn’t work for all.

Just saw a friend post this tip and I was finally successful in entering our bank info. Be sure to enter your street address in all caps. I thought there was no way that it would work, but it did! So weird.

Hmm, I didn't need to do that - could it be a coincidence that you tried it after they did an update to their site? Anyway, glad it worked for you regardless!

Checked today and no date listed yet for my payment but at least it confirms that they now have my direct deposit info!

I was finally able to enter my bank info today using a refund of 0. Same situation as The LK 4. Didn't work yesterday, worked today. It was fixed overnight. No date yet either, but at least they have it now.

Did not need to enter address in all caps either.

Finally an update worked for my situation- I was always getting "Technical Difficulties" message after answering all the questions and bank info, I am guessing because we applied all of our refund and so "refund" was $0. Was able get bank info accepted today. However, I'm not 100% it will still work, because early on I was able to get DD21's bank info accepted and it later changed to mailing her a check on 4/24.

I was able to enter our deposit info today, but had to use the 2018 return, even though we have filed our 2019. We owed money for 2019, and they have already withdrawn that amount from our checking account. But for some reason, they are saying they don't have our 2019 info. Funny. They took the money out fast enough, within 2 days of filing, and yet they don't have the updated info in the updated database? They had it when they took the money.

I checked the status on the IRS website to see if they updated my payment date. It now says that my check will be deposited on April 30th.

Finally got in on Friday to enter checking info. Went in to see if my date was in today and it says check will be mailed May 1. I’m not worried about it being mailed as opposed as it going into my account but just wanted anyone to know that even with checking info added (I guess it was too late) it may be mailed.

Finally got in on Friday to enter checking info. Went in to see if my date was in today and it says check will be mailed May 1. I’m not worried about it being mailed as opposed as it going into my account but just wanted anyone to know that even with checking info added (I guess it was too late) it may be mailed.

Interesting. Mine still doesn't have a date this morning but continues to say it will be direct deposited into my account.

Have the 4/30 date as well.

I have a 4/24 mailing date, and haven't received.yet, which would normally scare me - however, we are in nyc, and mail awful right now

In other news, I see the "get my payment" portal was updated today, and ppl were now able to enter bank and direct deposit info - didn't allow me to do so - only allowed me to enter ss#, street address and zip before I received the Apr 24 mail message - so I am assuming it.didn't give me option to enter bank info because my check already mailed ? Makes sense

Still waiting here. The "get my payment" portal is now allowing me to enter in my banking/prior tax return info, but will not accept my entries. It keeps claiming their records of the tax return don't match what i am entering (and I am looking at said tax return right here). I guess I'll get a check in the mail.. eventually.

I also have a deposit date of April 30. So does my SO. We have USAA so the money should hit our accounts April 29. Finally !
Do you remember how long ago you were able to enter your bank info? Wondering how long it takes from when you enter bank info to when payment is scheduled. I entered my bank info on 4/24/20 last week.

Do you remember how long ago you were able to enter your bank info? Wondering how long it takes from when you enter bank info to when payment is scheduled. I entered my bank info on 4/24/20 last week.

I entered it the morning the Get My Payment link opened. I believe that was April 15. I did it by 8 am.

I received my deposit this morning and so did my SO.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter