First round of stimulus checks deposited today

Thank you...I stopped checking this week and figured i would hopefully get it eventually. As soon as I read this and I checked and also have a date...so thankful.

Soooo, not sure where else to ask, but...is this it?

The extra $600 for unemployment expires July 31, right?

I know sooooooooo many more people who will be out of work or reduced hours come June (myself sadly included) - just wondering if you all think they are done with anything to help the American public directly?

As of now the 600 does expire the end of July. But as you said, I think people will need it longer than that. I would hope that if unemployment is higher than normal and there are still issues, they will extend it. And I really think they will to be honest, but no one really knows.

Like you said, I know alot that won't have jobs or may still be not working then. A local restaurant I work part time for closed at least 2 locations (out of about 20). Those people are going to have a hard time finding jobs in the restaurant industry.

I still can't get in on the website. We e-filed on April 4th, and according to the IRS refund app (which I check daily), our return is still being processed, so I'm assuming that's why we can't get our status regarding the stimulus money.

I'm frustrated that it's taking this long for our return to be processed - 4 weeks now.

Ours also says May 6th, but it's been showing as (pending) in our checking account for two days?

Ours also says May 6th, but it's been showing as (pending) in our checking account for two days?

If it was a direct deposit, those checks were sent out May 1, ( the direct deposits are done every friday, and hit the bank accounts (YMMV depending on bank, credit union, etc) the following Weds ( for availability) , which would be May 6

If it was a direct deposit, those checks were sent out May 1, ( the direct deposits are done every friday, and hit the bank accounts (YMMV depending on bank, credit union, etc) the following Weds ( for availability) , which would be May 6

I just find it funny that they withdrew the money we owed this year in less than than two days, but it's taking twice as long to actually get money. Same account, same government. Or who knows, maybe they had to wait an extra couple of days once the money was taken out of our account. But where is that money in between?

I just find it funny that they withdrew the money we owed this year in less than than two days, but it's taking twice as long to actually get money. Same account, same government. Or who knows, maybe they had to wait an extra couple of days once the money was taken out of our account. But where is that money in between?

I hear you, trust me ! I'm on ssdi , and my SSA payments are direct deposited each month, so my bank info is already on file, and I still had to wait for a check to be mailed - why, I have no idea !

We’re in the same boat. They didn’t seem to have a problem figuring out my bank info when they debited from it, but can’t seem to figure out where to deposit anything.:sad2: In fact, what we owed was debited before sunrise!

Me, too!! Just checked and there it was. Whew!!
Happy for all you guys. Still nothing here, but I'm not expecting it yet because my tax return hasn't been processed. Filed on April 4th, so that's about 4.5 weeks now, but I'm assuming the IRS is just really behind this year.

Happy for all you guys. Still nothing here, but I'm not expecting it yet because my tax return hasn't been processed. Filed on April 4th, so that's about 4.5 weeks now, but I'm assuming the IRS is just really behind this year.

Did you try using your 2018 return info?

They are so behind that they were withholding returns and they were being kept in storage while they worked on stimulus money - now onto phase 4 -

Polll showed that 22% of stimulus recipients would have used the funds within 2 weeks and 74% by 1 month - 150 mill americans, more than half of the population , would need another stimulus to avoid going bankrupt, and/or using their entire savings - 30 million now on unemployment - scary

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter