First round of stimulus checks deposited today

I entered it the morning the Get My Payment link opened. I believe that was April 15. I did it by 8 am.

I received my deposit this morning and so did my SO.
Did the site ever say when it would be deposited or did it just show up?

Not who you quoted but I put in my info at the same time as mi*vida*loca and checking it did say that the info was receive and they would advise of a deposit date. That has since been updated with a date of 4/30.

It updated Sunday with my deposit date of April 30. I have USAA bank so it hits my account a day early since my bank doesn’t hold deposits.

Not who you quoted but I put in my info at the same time as mi*vida*loca and checking it did say that the info was receive and they would advise of a deposit date. That has since been updated with a date of 4/30.
When did it update for you? Do you recall?

Still waiting here. The "get my payment" portal is now allowing me to enter in my banking/prior tax return info, but will not accept my entries. It keeps claiming their records of the tax return don't match what i am entering (and I am looking at said tax return right here). I guess I'll get a check in the mail.. eventually.

Was your info any different on your 2018 return? It could be that's what they're looking at if they haven't processed your 2019 return yet. You could try putting that in and see what happens. Good luck!

Was your info any different on your 2018 return? It could be that's what they're looking at if they haven't processed your 2019 return yet. You could try putting that in and see what happens. Good luck!

They don't have my 2019 return yet. For my 2018 return, there was a mis-calculation by my CPA. My filed return said I had overpaid a small amount, however, in reality, I owed a small amount (the IRS reached out in June, and let me know, and I paid that small amount then). I tried both the value I was supposed to get back on my tax return, as well as the amount I ended up needing to pay. Neither worked. I also had some identity theft issues several years back, and was having returns filed under my name/SSN. Thus, when I file, I have to provide a pin number, and other identity protective data, that was never asked for in the get my payment tool. I am wondering if that might have something to do with why they wont take my data as well.

While getting the check sooner than later would be nice, we'll survive without it for a while. So I'll just live under the illusion that people who really need the cash *now* are getting it, and I can be patient. :)

So I seen a group on Facebook and maybe have got some answers. There are other people in my daughters situation. Filed taxes, nobody claimed them as a dependent but they COULD have been claimed. (Lived at home and because of that didn’t pay 50% of their own living expenses) they are all saying that their kids did not get a stimulus check because of it. So the qualifying factor may be if you COULD be claimed and not if you WERE claimed. Very disappointing

Still no date on the site for mine, but I'm hoping I will see an update this Sunday based on what others have said about theirs on here. Fingers crossed!

So I seen a group on Facebook and maybe have got some answers. There are other people in my daughters situation. Filed taxes, nobody claimed them as a dependent but they COULD have been claimed. (Lived at home and because of that didn’t pay 50% of their own living expenses) they are all saying that their kids did not get a stimulus check because of it. So the qualifying factor may be if you COULD be claimed and not if you WERE claimed. Very disappointing
My 22yo daughter could've been claimed, but she just started working in Aug and was eager to do her own taxes so she did as soon as she could the end of January. She did them on TurboTax and she got a refund and also got her stimulus the first round. Same as our friend's kids :confused3

My 22yo daughter could've been claimed, but she just started working in Aug and was eager to do her own taxes so she did as soon as she could the end of January. She did them on TurboTax and she got a refund and also got her stimulus the first round. Same as our friend's kids :confused3
Hmmmm??? What I’m being told is that when turbo tax asks if she was responsible for 50% of her living expenses and the answer was no because she lived here most of last year, and we covered most of her expenses then that that made her “able to be a dependent “ so she won’t qualify for the stimulus money. I don’t do my own taxes so I’m not sure what questions are asked. I REALLY hope the info I’m getting is wrong. I’ve been looking for an answer for weeks and I got many responses with specific info about people in almost the same situation who weren’t getting it for those reasons. You gave me hope though! I wish there was a definitive answer somewhere.

My son graduated college in May 2019. Since finishing college, he got his own apartment, works and pays his own bills. He got his refund check a few weeks ago but no stimulus check.

We just submitted our tax return a few days ago and did not claim him as a dependent (we claimed him in 2018 tax year).

Should he be getting a stimulus check? He has checked online, but gets the unavailable comment.

My son graduated college in May 2019. Since finishing college, he got his own apartment, works and pays his own bills. He got his refund check a few weeks ago but no stimulus check.

We just submitted our tax return a few days ago and did not claim him as a dependent (we claimed him in 2018 tax year).

Should he be getting a stimulus check? He has checked online, but gets the unavailable comment.
I think they will go by 2018 since you just filed and it’s not processed. If I’m right, he will not be eligible since he was a dependent.

Parents haven’t gotten theirs yet. It won’t recognize their 2019 tax return information so I now need to track down their 2018 returns. Or they can wait til the paper checks come in

Soooo, not sure where else to ask, but...is this it?

The extra $600 for unemployment expires July 31, right?

I know sooooooooo many more people who will be out of work or reduced hours come June (myself sadly included) - just wondering if you all think they are done with anything to help the American public directly?

I read that 50% of Americans have lost their jobs or had their hours cut. More help is going to be needed. I did see that a stimulus package was proposed to give 2k a month to every adult. But I doubt that ever passes.

I think they are trying to work out another stimulus package. Who knows what that will look like though

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter