Fit for the Fairytale/looking good on "THE" day~beauty & weightloss ongoing chat~

I'm agreeing with you. I need more motivation. My dress is due in the next 2 weeks and I'm scared. I know I haven't lost all I intended to lose and I'm panicing. Everyone says I have lost a lot of weight and it is noticible but to tell you the truth it isn't that noticible to me, I mean I can see it but not the huge amount I have lost. I have lost 35 pounds to date:)
I am going to start doing some weight training now, I'm really down to the line.:scared:

Thanks for the bump!

My family is starting a "biggest loser" competition to help everyone get ready for my wedding. Hopefully this thread will help motivate me as well!

Thanks for bumping this post, otherwise I would have never even read it! My wedding is a ways out, but I know it will definitely take me that long to lose the 20lbs. I hope to. I do exercise Mon-Fri doing an hour on the elliptical, but it's so hard for me to get the motivation to then go and do weight training. My DF is the opposite. We don't go out as much as we used to mainly becuase we're trying to save money, so that helps. And I've substituted my diet soda at work for water. My problem is that I always skip breakfast. My DF yells at me and says that I should eat it so it will start my metabolism for the day, but when I do for some reason I always go overboard the rest of the day and feel fat.

I haven't gotten on the scale for a while, because I used to weigh myself everyday in the morning before I ate so that I would be the lightest I could possibly be. But that got depressing because too often it would stay the same of go up .5 lbs. after working out and eating well the previous day. UGH, I wish I was one of those girls that had it easy--fast metabolism where no matter what I ate I wouldn't gain any weight. Funny how my brothers all got this gene. Eat a bag of Doritos for them in one day and they LOSE weight the next day. Unfair!

Thanks Cori for bringing this thread back. ;)

Ok, I have never posted on this thread before so here I go. I have been slowly slipping on my diet and workout lifestyle lately. (I prefer to say that because I have been doing this for 2 1/2 years now.) I'm so afraid that if I slip anymore that I will not fit into my wedding dress. :scared1: My goal is to lose around 10 pounds (but that is negotionable) and tone up. I have enlisted the help of a personal trainer. Last night was my first session, and it went pretty well. Though everything was set somewhat easy to test my limits. I'm a little sore this morning, but it will be well worth it when I look killer in my wedding dress. :laughing:

Erin, you look beautiful:hug: I'm surprised that you want to lose 20 pounds, that's quite a lot. I would say to cut back on the elliptical and put in some weight training instead. maybe 30 min elliptical and 30 min weight training. This is what I'm gonna do, I think weight training actually works better for me.

COUNT ME IN!!!! I would love the encouragement to stay on track. I think that this is a wonderful idea. I have gained quite a bit since my DF and I met, and I want to get back to the weight that I was when we met.

welcome ladies...glad you are ready to all hop on board

1st rule of weightloss.....dont be so addicted to the scale...muscle weighs more than fat...i havent dropped more than 5lbs in over 3 months, but i can see things look more toned & tight & that is way better than flabby & cellulite!!!

Breakfast is important, so try....i was a skipper too, but now my biggest meal is breakfast...it takes some time to get used to

Infact....try & consider all we are doing a lifestyle change & not a diet...think about yourself in 40-50yrs..do you wanna be overweight & unhealthy or do you wanna look younger than you are & live to 100:goodvibes

ok...so whats everyone doing....

i am up to 22mins eliptical & 20-30mins weights
I try & eat out only 2xs a week & drink loads of water & watered down iced tea
My sweet snack is 1 rice crispy treat or 1(out of 2) almond joy
To avoid workout breakouts i wet down the towel at the gym & swipe my face several time...it actually makes my skin feel great afterward

Today makes 3 weeks that I've been on my diet! I don't know if I lost weight b/c I have no scale so I can't wait to go to my friends house this wknd to weigh myself. My pants are loser on my so that's a good sign but I'm nervous b/c if I didn't lose I'll so upset b/c I've been doing really good on my diet. Instead of only eating once a day I've started eating either Raisen Bran or a Special K bar for breakfast, for lunch I eat either a lean cuisine or a 6g of fat or less subway sandwhich on wheat, and for dinner I eat baked fish or chicken or if I don't have time to cook I'll get a small chili from wendy's and a plain baked potatoe...basically I stay 1200 calories and lower. I have not incorporated excerise yet but I'm pretty proud of myself and I hope the scale helps me out a little and provides me with some satisfaction...pray for me!

1st rule of weightloss.....dont be so addicted to the scale...muscle weighs more than fat...i havent dropped more than 5lbs in over 3 months, but i can see things look more toned & tight & that is way better than flabby & cellulite!!!

ok...so whats everyone doing....

i am up to 22mins eliptical & 20-30mins weights
I try & eat out only 2xs a week & drink loads of water & watered down iced tea
My sweet snack is 1 rice crispy treat or 1(out of 2) almond joy
To avoid workout breakouts i wet down the towel at the gym & swipe my face several time...it actually makes my skin feel great afterward

Totally agree with the scales issue. I did personal training last year, and gained 4 pounds. My clothes were smaller, and I was a lot more toned though.

What I am doing
Cardio ~ 35 minutes on the treadmill (10 walking and 25 running/jogging)
I try and drink at least two bottles of water everyday. I also limit myself to two sodas a day, and of course they are diet.
My sweet snack is a square of Ghiridelhi's twilight dark chocolate or mint dark chocolate. (I have heard that one piece of dark chocolate is equivalent to a cup of coffee a day, so I don't think it is all that bad.)
My useful tips is to have a some sort of protein after you workout, especially with weights. I try and do the Special K protein Bars or drinks. Also, Pria has some really good bars to that have some protein in them. It will help heal the muscles.

Well I always have a brisk 20 min walk at lunch time and I have been doing 20 min on the elliptical. I have also been doing 100 sit ups, 100 on the torso trainer (trimwheel) 100 twists and I have been doing leg weights.
I am now going to look at doing 20 min weight training and 10 min elliptical and still incorporating all of the other exercises.
I drink water all day, no more coffee at work. I have 1 or 2 cups at home. I haven't had chocolate in 2 weeks and 3 days:sad2: I really miss it.

Erin, you look beautiful I'm surprised that you want to lose 20 pounds, that's quite a lot. I would say to cut back on the elliptical and put in some weight training instead. maybe 30 min elliptical and 30 min weight training. This is what I'm gonna do, I think weight training actually works better for me.

Thank you so much! Although you can see a head shot of me, that is not the real story. haha. In fact, I never wear shorts except to work out because I hate the look of my legs (yes even in the TX summer heat). So hopefully I will be able to when I'm in WDW for the wedding. And you're so right about weight training being better. It's very good for women to do this because our bones get weaker as we get older, I believe moreso than men. Ok, today I will strive to cut back on elliptical and do more weight training!

Oh and on a side note Summer-Caitlin...how is Scotland? I have always really wanted to go, but DF doesn't see the appeal. If I were to take a trip there, what are the places you would recommend seeing?

Oh and on a side note Summer-Caitlin...how is Scotland? I have always really wanted to go, but DF doesn't see the appeal. If I were to take a trip there, what are the places you would recommend seeing?

Erin, I'm probably not the best person to ask about Scotland. I'm afraid I'd side with your DF on this one. My DF and I are moving to Australia next year:rotfl: However I will not be pessimistic. From an outsider POV, there is some beautiful countryside. Edinburgh and Glasgow are really nice citys, loads of shops, history and architecture. I live in Aberdeen and it's small. I am a big city girl, grew up in Sydney, so I can't stand small towns. We live in a granite city, all the buildings are grey and it rains all the time. I find it depressing. But, I know that many Americans love it here, it's so different. Maybe as a vacation it would be okay, If you were to come over I would suggest nothing longer than a few days, depending on how much you like countryside:rolleyes1

Haha. Maybe we'll just rent a car or something and we'll visit England, Wales, and Scotland altogether. That way if DF isn't feeling it we can always turn around.

What a coincidence that this thread came back up as I have been really bad at exercising and eating so this week I started to eat healthy and workout again. I am doing 35 minutes cardio (15 on the stationary bike, 20 on the treadmill), lifting weights to build up my arms, and doing 100 situps. I am so depressed that I can only run on the treadmill for 5 minutes, but I hope to build up my stamina soon.

Ok ladies....howd everyone do last night!!!

I did 23mins w/3500 strides on the eliptical & another 20mins weights!!

I want to remind all you lovely brides to be that dont forget about your arms when working out
Alot of dress styles are sleevless & we want to show off our buff arms.......so dont neglect those upper bodies!!!!!

Well, I admit that I didn't do anything last night. It is my off night. Tonight I have my personal training session, and I think it will be chest and back night.

Ok, I really hate to wear headphones when working out; but there are some songs I love to work out to. What songs motivate you at the gym?

Here are some of mine. Notice they are all girls kick butt songs.
Respect - Aretha Franklin
Think - Aretha Franklin
U + Ur hand - Pink
Survivor - Destiny's Child
Fighter - Christina Aguilera
Dirrty - Christina Aquilera

What songs motivate you at the gym?

Here are some of mine. Notice they are all girls kick butt songs.
Respect - Aretha Franklin
Think - Aretha Franklin
U + Ur hand - Pink
Survivor - Destiny's Child
Fighter - Christina Aguilera
Dirrty - Christina Aquilera

Mine are

relax: frankie goes hollywood
hung up: madonna
most of Kylie Minogue
move your body: forgot artist
twilight zone:
pretty much any song that has a fast beat....i love those girl kick butt songs!!

OK I'm in!! Our families started a weight PLEDGE -A--THON. in order to shape up for the wedding. We are taking in in 10 week intervals. We each pledged to loose so many lbs by the end of the 10 weeks. My SBIL even made a huge spred sheet that he up dates with everyones results and emails it out each week. I pledged 15lbs. we are on week 5 and I've lost 7 of those lbs but I feel i could be doing better If I would stop slacking on my exercizing. I was going to the Y twice a week to do a weigh class that i loved but since I'm heading upto NY for the next 3 weeks I didn't bother to sign up for our next session since I'll miss most of it. Being home all day (teacher off for the summer) gives me loads of time to do it but no motivation :sad2: So I hope keeping this thread active will help me to see everyone elses progress and get my butt in gear too ! :dance3:

We just bought some weights so I'm hoping I actually use them, lol. DF is a huge fitness buff so I know he'll get me going in that dept. When we first starting dating we went to the gym together 3-5 times a week. I was in the best shape of my life! Sadly, after 2 miscarriages and several surgeries later I just stopped going. My latest surgery was 2.5 weeks ago and I always use the recovery period as an excuse. I was told I could work out again in about a week...I HAVE TO DO IT!!! I really do...and now that I'm a stay at home mom again I've really noticed how badly my eating habits have gotten. So that leads me to ask...what's your biggest vice? Mine is beer! I love my brew and drink way more than I should. I know it's causing me to pack on the pounds and I also tend to make poor eating choices after a few, lol. I'm going to try to cut back on beer...I've already switiched to a low calorie light beer, but that's not enough...I think I'm going to stop bringing it into the house altogether...I need to get the weight off and I'm sure it'll be better for my liver too...:laughing:

My problem isn't beer, it's dessert (all of it). I don't mean a lousy popscicle, I'm talking ice-cream, brownies, cakes, and pies. I can eat a pretty skimpy dinner as long as I know I have a yummy dessert waiting for me later. Healthier choices like popscicles don't really cut it for me. I'm trying to cut back on at least the amount...which shouldn't be too hard this week since DF ate all of my ice-cream yesterday and I'm too lazy to run to the store for more. Now all we have are those icee-pop things. Boo.

On a better note, I did in fact do 30 mins. elliptical and 30 mins. leg workouts. I find it so much easier to work out my legs than arms because I hate my legs so much more.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter