Flowers and Star Wars and Harry, oh my! TR started, link inside!

Okay, I know I have a bad rep around here with some people but I saw you soliciting readers in multiple threads that I read along on, and since I would get to be on Page 1 :woohoo: I thought I would give it a shot and see if I get to stay, or get kicked to the curb..... :confused3

Anyway, no WAY there is anyone old enough in that first picture to be a MOM to any of the cast of characters. That has to be your sister!!!! :thumbsup2 (Okay, does shameless sucking up get me permission to hang around??? :worship: C'mon answer quick before Rosie or Glenn or Liesa or Dan show up and wise you up.......) :rolleyes1

You beat me Marv !!!! Lessa watch out for this guy !!!He can provide the Bros with competition !!!!:rotfl2: Seriously though Lessa he is a great addition to your PTR!!! Tell Beth I said HI !!I am bummed that we wont meet unless I get another Disney Free Trip in May Hmmmmmm !!!! Carol would KILL me !!

I will go back to catch up !!!:hug:

I caught up and I see Marv is busy already !!!!!!!:scared1::rotfl2:Just need Tim and Glen and all the BOYS will be here !!!:banana:

You beat me Marv !!!! Lessa watch out for this guy !!!He can provide the Bros with competition !!!!:rotfl2: Seriously though Lessa he is a great addition to your PTR!!! Tell Beth I said HI !!I am bummed that we wont meet unless I get another Disney Free Trip in May Hmmmmmm !!!! Carol would KILL me !!

:laughing: I'm sure Mom will pop in or at least lurk, I know that she lurks on many a thread. ;)

I caught up and I see Marv is busy already !!!!!!!:scared1::rotfl2:Just need Tim and Glen and all the BOYS will be here !!!:banana:

:laughing:

Time for some trip details!

When I got the pin code so many trip ideas went racing through my head. Initially it was going to be just mom and I going for a week at the beginning of May but I knew I had to let Alek and Erich in on the deal. Alek said he wouldn't mind going this year but that he wouldn't want to go again next year if we did. So that set me thinking, the whole reason we had chosen 2012 was because of the Fantasyland expansion. We wanted to go back for two weeks when all the construction was done so that we would have lots of time to relax, take in the new additions and also squeeze in a couple days at Universal. Well we decided that while the Fantasyland expansion was cool, we really should take advantage of the pin code, it was not like we would never be returning to WDW and we would still get to visit Universal (Harry Potter!). So it was decided, the 2012 trip was off and we were now going to be going in 2011.

With Alek and Erich officially on board I next had to decide when exactly we should go. I knew I wanted to go before Memorial Day weekend so we could avoid the crowds. I also knew that the Flower and Garden Festival and Star Wars Weekends occur in May. Mom and I had been lucky back in 2009 and the two events occurred in the same week, not so this year. I knew Alek and Erich could care less about the Flower Festival but it was something I would like to see again. After lots of deliberation I finally decided that we would be visiting WDW for two weeks starting on May 11th and leaving on May 25th.

This would allow us to catch the last few days of the Flower and Garden Festival and the (hopefully) first weekend of Star Wars Weekends, the best of both worlds!

I patted myself on the back for managing to squeeze them both into the trip. My next planning hurdle? Where to stay?! So many choices and with a pin code almost everything was an option. We have stayed at the Wilderness Lodge and Pop Century on our past trips. We loved the magical feeling of the Wilderness Lodge but Pop was great for the price. Should we go deluxe again and get that extra dose of pixie dust or should we stretch our dollars and stay at Pop again? Or maybe we should try something new and stay at a moderate? All the choices are making my head dizzy! Where do you think we (I) ;) decided to stay?

Anyway, no WAY there is anyone old enough in that first picture to be a MOM to any of the cast of characters. That has to be your sister!!!! :thumbsup2

Thank you Marv, I get that all the time, my children keep me young at heart, and as for my youthful appearance it most be the daily dose of pixie dust.

Today I gave my daughter a rose, as she is just the best daughter.

Lessa: Why are you giving me flowers?"
Mom: "Just because"
Lessa: "Is it because you saw I started the pre-trip report?"
Mom: No...

Anyway, I found Lessa's pre-trip report, and I am out of lurkdom.
I am really looking forward to a Disney holiday this year, as I hope to relax, chill out and perhaps make some of my own Disney plans separate from the kids... we will see.

Tell Beth I said HI !!I am bummed that we wont meet unless I get another Disney Free Trip in May Hmmmmmm !!!! Carol would KILL me !!

Hi Rosie, welcome aboard! Rosie if there is a way for you to get a free trip in May, I am sure you will find it :wizard:. This trip makes up for the canceled May cruise, besides it will be nice to do spend this time with the whole family, as we have all been busy with work and school, and it will allow us to slow down a bit, relax and enjoy this time together and create some memories.

Have you dug yourself out yet Rosie, we are suppose to get a big dumping of snow today and throughout the weekend, it's a good thing the kids bought me a snow blower for my birthday. Aren't my kids the best!! Stay warm!

I just read your Tropical storm Faye TR in it's entirety. Very entertaining! I am definetley in for this trip.

Hi, I saw your post about your PTR on another thread (or two?) and thought I'd come over! Sounds like you have a wonderful trip planned and I am excited to read about it! :goodvibes

see marv she likes me

:thumbsup2
We all do Dan, we all do! :rolleyes1 (Or is it the pictures of Parker enjoying Disney that makes us hang around so much???......well, except for Glenn maybe!!!) :rotfl2:
Time for some trip details!

After lots of deliberation I finally decided that we would be visiting WDW for two weeks starting on May 11th and leaving on May 25th.

My next planning hurdle? Where to stay?! So many choices and with a pin code almost everything was an option. We have stayed at the Wilderness Lodge and Pop Century on our past trips. We loved the magical feeling of the Wilderness Lodge but Pop was great for the price. Should we go deluxe again and get that extra dose of pixie dust or should we stretch our dollars and stay at Pop again? Or maybe we should try something new and stay at a moderate? All the choices are making my head dizzy! Where do you think we (I) ;) decided to stay?
Looks like we will miss you guys by a week. We can't make our return trip until school gets out for DW and DS13, so we are going back on June 4th. The good news is the DVC point rates don't hit the higher summer rate until about the last 3 days of our trip, so we can stay a little longer. :banana: Hopefully the crowds won't pick up too badly by that early in the summer. We normally go around July 4th or the end of July,:eek: so it won't be THAT bad anyway!!!

Going to be really interested in your TR when you go, since we will be there for some of Star Wars weekend, which we have never done. My guess is you decided to go with CSR so you have a little more pixie dust, but still can stretch those dollars a little further! :thumbsup2

Wow Lessa, up to page 3 already! At this rate you will pass my PTR by next week! Well, unless Rosie and Kathy decide to take it over soon!!! :rotfl2:
Thank you Marv, I get that all the time, my children keep me young at heart, and as for my youthful appearance it most be the daily dose of pixie dust.
Beth, I'm guessing it's probably because you are out there enjoying life with your kids! Even though I feel my age some days, I still feel a lot younger when I'm participating in life with them and their energy level! :goodvibes
I am really looking forward to a Disney holiday this year, as I hope to relax, chill out and perhaps make some of my own Disney plans separate from the kids... we will see.
You go girl! Get out there and have a blast!!! :woohoo:

Another fellow Canuck Joining in.

:woohoo: Maybe I should rename this report "Canuck Central"? ;)
Hi, my name is Beth I am a lurker:cool2:. Lessa I am out of lurkdom:cool1: Now if we can only get the Bros Grimm to join in.

You know they will probably only come in for the actual TR when they can make up ridiculous things that happened on the trip. Oops, Excuse me Rosie, I mean when they come to tell you guys the real story, like how they saved WDW from a ninja invasion. :rolleyes:
I just read your Tropical storm Faye TR in it's entirety. Very entertaining! I am definetley in for this trip.

:laughing: Glad you liked it, we are hoping to avoid our rain curse this time around (knocks on wood).

Hi, I saw your post about your PTR on another thread (or two?) and thought I'd come over! Sounds like you have a wonderful trip planned and I am excited to read about it! :goodvibes

:laughing: I am a shameless self promoter. :angel:

We all do Dan, we all do! :rolleyes1 (Or is it the pictures of Parker enjoying Disney that makes us hang around so much???......well, except for Glenn maybe!!!) :rotfl2:
Looks like we will miss you guys by a week. We can't make our return trip until school gets out for DW and DS13, so we are going back on June 4th. The good news is the DVC point rates don't hit the higher summer rate until about the last 3 days of our trip, so we can stay a little longer. :banana: Hopefully the crowds won't pick up too badly by that early in the summer. We normally go around July 4th or the end of July,:eek: so it won't be THAT bad anyway!!!

Going to be really interested in your TR when you go, since we will be there for some of Star Wars weekend, which we have never done. My guess is you decided to go with CSR so you have a little more pixie dust, but still can stretch those dollars a little further! :thumbsup2

Wow Lessa, up to page 3 already! At this rate you will pass my PTR by next week! Well, unless Rosie and Kathy decide to take it over soon!!! :rotfl2:
Beth, I'm guessing it's probably because you are out there enjoying life with your kids! Even though I feel my age some days, I still feel a lot younger when I'm participating in life with them and their energy level! :goodvibes
You go girl! Get out there and have a blast!!! :woohoo:

:laughing: It is definitely the pictures of Parker that keep me reading Dan's reports. :rolleyes1

We went over the 4th back in 2007, in fact that is when we were originally considering going back for this trip but the pin code doesn't cover the holiday period.

This is mom's and mine second time going to SWW, first time for Alek and Erich. I'm looking forward to it as there is a "character" I am especially hoping to see again but that is a whole PTR update all on its own. ;)

I'm going to guess you're going to do a split stay, some at Pop and some at WL. In a perfect world, I'd want you to stay at WL the whole time! Only because WL is my fav deluxe resort :teeth:

I'm here, I'm here!! Yeaaaa for another Lessa TR!!:woohoo: I'm so excited!:dance3: Thanks fo letting me know that you'd started this. I'm really glad that y'all decided to go back sooner than 2012--that's just too long to wait!! Oh, and I just can't wait to see where you decided to stay!! My guess is that you decided to go with a Moderate this time--can't wait to find out for sure!!!:thumbsup2

I'm going to guess you're going to do a split stay, some at Pop and some at WL. In a perfect world, I'd want you to stay at WL the whole time! Only because WL is my fav deluxe resort :teeth:

WL is my fav as well. :thumbsup2 There was just a feeling I got when staying there that I never got at POP. :confused3

I'm here, I'm here!! Yeaaaa for another Lessa TR!!:woohoo: I'm so excited!:dance3: Thanks fo letting me know that you'd started this. I'm really glad that y'all decided to go back sooner than 2012--that's just too long to wait!! Oh, and I just can't wait to see where you decided to stay!! My guess is that you decided to go with a Moderate this time--can't wait to find out for sure!!!:thumbsup2

:laughing: Hi Missy! I agree, waiting until 2012 would have been agony!

:laughing: It is definitely the pictures of Parker that keep me reading Dan's reports. :rolleyes1
well i gotta keep my audience interested and if it is pictures of the little guy i guess that will work...i know you guys are NOT coming around to read what i write:laughing:

Hi:wave2:

I just found your pre-trip report and am joining in. We will be there May 13 - 22nd. I wish we were going for 2 weeks but our DD6 is still in school until the end of June and can only miss a few days per month.

Originally I booked us at Pop but since Disney has yet to release a discount for most of May and I am what seems to be the one person ever to never get a PIN I decided to try renting DVC points. We are now staying at the villas at WL. I am glad to hear you prefer it over Pop. I was having a hard time deciding between the two.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter