Flowers and Star Wars and Harry, oh my! TR started, link inside!

:laughing: Scott, you are just looking for an excuse to change your trip around. I know you, you will make a couple hundred changes in dates, resorts and ADR's by the time all is said and done. ;)
:rotfl2: I think all know my secret now. It is only 4 days so won't be changing much. But am thinking of changing to May.

:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

:lmao: We all know him too well!!
HEY!!! :rotfl2:

I hope he changes to May;), I missed Scott and the gang during IPDip.
:grouphug:

Are we starting a Dis petition to get Scott to change to May? :laughing:
:rotfl2: it could work.

I want a petition for ya'll to switch to August and October !!!!:lmao:
already booked for October 10/15 - 10/22 @ saratoga but hoping to get BCV when I call to be wait listed.

Sorry for taking your thread over.

:rotfl2: I think all know my secret now. It is only 4 days so won't be changing much. But am thinking of changing to May.

HEY!!! :rotfl2:

:grouphug:

:rotfl2: it could work.

already booked for October 10/15 - 10/22 @ saratoga but hoping to get BCV when I call to be wait listed.

Sorry for taking your thread over.

Yahooey our dates are Oct 13th thru 19th!! prolly at Pop !!!

Long time no see! Haven't read through the ptr yet but I'm so happy for you that you are getting to go back in 2011 instead of having to wait until 2012. :cool1:

We won't be going this year. With Den being in the hospital twice and a car accident (no big injuries just another week off unpaid) this is our year of a million bills. :rotfl:

You guys are brave, you are bringing the boys back with you.

I loved going in May. Great time of year!

:laughing: Well if they annoy me I'll just go have some alone time. ;)

Hopefully this May trip will turn out better in regards to weather than our last May trip. :sad2:

Long time no see! Haven't read through the ptr yet but I'm so happy for you that you are getting to go back in 2011 instead of having to wait until 2012. :cool1:

We won't be going this year. With Den being in the hospital twice and a car accident (no big injuries just another week off unpaid) this is our year of a million bills. :rotfl:

Me too! 2012 seems so far away!

Yikes, that is a lot of stuff going on with you guys.

So the process of choosing a resort was not an easy one. We are going for two weeks so we knew we wanted a slightly bigger room than a value offered. We also wanted a room with a mini-fridge so that we could store drinks and such as we plan on stocking up on food from the grocery store. That meant that the value resorts were out.

Looking at the moderates I immediately crossed POFQ off the list, the appearance of the resort just does not work for me. POR was an option but I have been reading about how the rooms are in serious need of a rehab. That leaves CBR and CSR in the mod category. Both are big resorts and both have recently refurbed rooms. CSR has nicer looking rooms though and QUEEN size beds while all the other mods simply have double/full sized beds. CSR also has the very pretty doors that close over the bathroom area rather than a flimsy curtain. So I narrowed it down to Coronado Springs in the moderate category.

The Deluxe category had so many other options! Contempory was immediately out, just do not like the theme of the resort, very blah. I like the Grand Floridian but Alek and Erich say it is too stuffy for them. Poly is a good choice, everybody loves the Poly, great location, great food, great rooms, great property. Wilderness Lodge, our overall favourite, definitely still in the running. Boardwalk, not really interested, probably the clown pool that turns me off. Beach Club and Yacht Club would be nice but they are pretty pricey. Then there is Animal Kingdom Lodge. The cheapest of the Deluxe hotels, great theme, room has everything we want, the property is nice, and it definitely has that magical feeling to it. I ended up ruling out the Poly, too pricey for a two week vacation, if it had been one week definitely would have sprung for it. So that left Animal Kingdom Lodge and the Wilderness Lodge.

So now I have narrowed the list to three possibilities:

Coronado Springs
Wilderness Lodge
Animal Kingdom Lodge

All three offer Queen sized beds, and mini-fridge. The Deluxe rooms are only slightly bigger than the CSR rooms. All hotels have great pool areas which is important on a two week vacation. Wilderness Lodge and Coronado Springs are both pretty quiet resorts, AKL can get rather busy as lots of people visit to see the animals and to eat at Boma and Jiko. We had already stayed at WL before so I crossed that off, we want to try something new.

AKL v. CSR
$3300 V. $2100

Ultimately it came down to price. AKL was $1200 more than CSR for the two weeks. The only things AKL had over CSR were the indoor hallways and the animals. Were indoor hallways and animals worth an extra $1200? We decided that they were not. We can always go over and visit with all the other day visitors. Once I am done school and I have a nicely paying job you can bet I will be staying Deluxe all the way! ;)

So it was decided, we were booking a room for two weeks at Coronado Springs! My heart was a little heavy saying no to the Deluxe resorts but since we were going a year earlier than planned and for two weeks we decided to go with the cheaper option. CSR looks like a lovely resort and the renovated rooms look fantastic! Since it is also a convention resort it will probably be a lot quieter than some others as well.

Pictures borrowed from photobucket

DSCN0419.jpg

2QueenBeds.jpg

S7300287-1.jpg

viewofroomfrombathroomarea.jpg

Going to be really interested in your TR when you go, since we will be there for some of Star Wars weekend, which we have never done. My guess is you decided to go with CSR so you have a little more pixie dust, but still can stretch those dollars a little further! :thumbsup2
Ultimately it came down to price. AKL was $1200 more than CSR for the two weeks. The only things AKL had over CSR were the indoor hallways and the animals. Were indoor hallways and animals worth an extra $1200? We decided that they were not. We can always go over and visit with all the other day visitors. Once I am done school and I have a nicely paying job you can bet I will be staying Deluxe all the way! ;)

So it was decided, we were booking a room for two weeks at Coronado Springs!
:woohoo: Great minds think alike! :banana:

Wow Marv, good call!

The CSR sounds like a great choice for your family! I love the feel of the rooms, and that pool is very nice.

I'll be going on a 2 week trip in 2013 too. But being the cheap I am, I already know I'll be going with Pop. Plus, it's just a lot of fun.

:woohoo: Great minds think alike! :banana:

Wow Marv, good call!

The CSR sounds like a great choice for your family! I love the feel of the rooms, and that pool is very nice.

I'll be going on a 2 week trip in 2013 too. But being the cheap I am, I already know I'll be going with Pop. Plus, it's just a lot of fun.

I really like the new rooms at CSR, they look more like Deluxe rooms than mod rooms. :thumbsup2

:laughing: Pop just isn't my cup of tea, but everybody has their own tastes! Pop is great for the cost though. :thumbsup2

Another great feature about CSR that the other mods and even some of the deluxes don't have, a gym and spa! I am supposed to be running a 5K at the end of May with a friend so I really should get a few runs in while on vacation. There is a one mile jogging path around the lake at the resort so I'll run there but if it is too hot in the mornings for that I can always go to the gym, it is great having that option.

Glad you decided on a Resort !! I have to admit I am Happy at Pop!!! The only other resort I would be interested in is POFQ! I don't like the Big resorts and POFQ looks small and I love the Water cab to DTD!!!!

Glad you decided on a Resort !! I have to admit I am Happy at Pop!!! The only other resort I would be interested in is POFQ! I don't like the Big resorts and POFQ looks small and I love the Water cab to DTD!!!!

Lots of people love Pop and it is a great deal. For us, it was okay on a short trip where we wouldn't spend a lot of time at the resort but since we plan on having lots of down time this trip, we wanted something a little "more".

Besides, I haven't really noticed too many "poles" around the larger resorts, and the one's that have them I noticed have signs "No Dancing Allowed - Rosie, this means YOU!!!" :rotfl2: I'll have to check on our upcoming trip though, just in case I need to join Rosie's "Elite Pole Dancers Club." :banana:

Besides, I haven't really noticed too many "poles" around the larger resorts, and the one's that have them I noticed have signs "No Dancing Allowed - Rosie, this means YOU!!!" :rotfl2: I'll have to check on our upcoming trip though, just in case I need to join Rosie's "Elite Pole Dancers Club." :banana:

Please do Marv !!You could have a whole chapter on Pole Danceable Poles !!!:rotfl2:

Yeaaaaaa! How exciting that y'all picked a resort! I was right about you going with a Moderate, too! I have to say that the room pics of CSR are very nice! I think you made a great choice going with it!! I've always thought their pool was pretty cool too!!

CSR looks great. The rooms look very pretty and the pool area looks fun.

Great choice!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter