Food and Wine? Sounds Divine! An October TR - 12/2 A PTR Link!

Yay for a later flight! I think that will be great to be able to sleep in and take your time. DH and I really enjoyed being able to do that on our May trip.

Aw, a Monsters Inc. party! That will be cute! I'm sure Pinterest has given you lots of cool ideas!

Yay for a later AND cheaper flight. Love it when it works out like that. Sorry your wait list hasn't come through yet, I will keep my fingers crossed.

As for the whole My Disney Experience, let me just say the whole system is causing my coworkers and I much anxiety. It's one giant headache after another ESPECIALLY for first timers! Can you imagine having to make all these decisions on your first trip?? I love the concept of My Magic + but there are some serious kinks that need to be worked out. Ok rant over :)

I love that you are doing a Monsters Inc themed first bday! How cute!

I sent an email after I posted my update and received an email back from the yesterday morning (glad they were quick about it!) and said they were still working on trying to get my tickets linked and would email me as soon as it was up and running for me. I hope it's soon!

I'm glad you are getting things together. I am resisting the whole Magic Bands FP+ thing. Rides are secondary to us at Disney, we are much more interested in the food, shopping and shows, and we like to go on the rides as we can. Since most of the rides at DL are better (In our opinion) we would just go on most of them there. I don't want to schedule my whole trip minute by minute, it's bad enough doing the ADRs.

OK rant over, this is your trip! Yay! for your plans! I got my DME papers the other day too, so I know how exciting that is! I hope you guys make it over to our little party on the 5th. We should have plenty of food!

So apparently, the Magic Bands are only for certain resorts, not all resorts. BLT is not participating as of now, so maybe that's why i'm having a hard time with my tickets :confused3 I sent an email after my updated post on Wednesday and heard back from them Thursday morning, that they were still working on my tickets and would email me as soon as possible. I heard from the October thread, that BoG is currently trying the FP system and some folks are actually getting times! So I want my tickets to work so I can try and get a FP.

Is your number still the same? I'll be texting you that day to keep you informed of what's happening. We're still stopping off at Walmart on our way to the resort to pick up some things, drop DM and DS off at SSR, then drive over to you :) Hopefully it won't take us too long. Hmm, should try to map these routes out to see how long it will take...:teacher:

I think its so cool that you are going to meet Pam.

Somebody better post pics. :thumbsup2

Let me know how your car search goes. I still feel likes its too early to search for mine.

Sorry your waitlist hasn't gone through, but I will still keep my fingers crossed for some pixie dust for you. Ya never know. Have you stayed SSR before? It's very pretty there. I wish the points were a little lower. If the points were in line with OKW I would probably stay there all the time. :rotfl2: There are some seriously nice pools there. Don't forget to check out the one with the view of DTD. Love that pool.

Yes! Pam on Saturday and then Alison on the first day of my WDW trip! :cool1: Love DIS meets:yay:

Right now, UT is having a far better deal (picking up car at MCO and then dropping off at WDW Car Care Center) for about $140 total for Saturday @ 4:00 - Tuesday @ 3:30. I think that's what we'll be doing.

Annnd no luck with the waitlist. I always get jealous reading your TR's because all your waitlists come through! I'm 2 for 2 now.:headache: When I checked in online for SSR yesterday, there was no options for check-in, like in a specific building, etc. Was hoping there would be a space to write in close to lobby so we won't be so far away, especially since it's only for one night.

YAY for cheaper flights. It always nice when you can save some money. I am not looking forward to using My Disney Experience. Hopefully when I go they will get all the kinks out.

I can't believe your son is going to be 1. It goes so fast. I am obsessed with Pinterest. I have a board for everything.

Pinterest is my best friend right now. I've made his birthday banner already and am currently working on his 'Scarer of the Month' board which will have a picture from each month up until now. I'll post pictures as it gets closer!

This is just so typical... I mean Disney is a multi billion dollar company and they can't even get a good IT system in place. The old system was buggy and this new and improved system appears to not be much better yet. And I'm sure next time you call, you'll get someone who knows exactly how to fix it and has all the right answers for you. :headache: :rolleyes1

Seriously. I sent an email pretty soon after I posted the update, because I felt it would be better to address the issue sooner than later. I heard back from them the next morning and they're still working on my tickets and will be sending me an email as soon as it's resolved. We shall see!

Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?

Don't give up, there's still time!:thumbsup2

Well I got bombed:lmao: Waitlist didn't go through (2 for 2 now! Must be a record:thumbsup2). Oh well. A little excited that it will be another new resort, even if it's under 24 hours, under my belt.

Who's idea was that anyway? :rolleyes1

:rolleyes1

Looks pretty good! My family stayed at SSR when they decided to visit me at WDW for my birthday (it was the only resort they could get when they decided one week out........and my birthday is during 4th of July week :scared1:) and they loved it so much they can't wait to stay there again! My mom still talks about it. Still, I can imagine it is less than ideal to have to switch one night like that.

Hope we see some eventual birthday party pictures!!

That is the exact reason why I did SSR too, because it was the only one available. I'm shocked that it was still available in July! Kind of nice though if you want to make a quick getaway to the World. You'll always know that SSR is open :lmao:

I am little excited to check out this resort though!

Oh there will definitely be some pictures of the party. After all it is a Disney party :cool1:

Yay for a later flight! I think that will be great to be able to sleep in and take your time. DH and I really enjoyed being able to do that on our May trip.

Aw, a Monsters Inc. party! That will be cute! I'm sure Pinterest has given you lots of cool ideas!

Pinterest is my best friend right now! I've made a few things already, that i'll post pictures of pretty soon!

Joining in. :goodvibes

Hi and welcome!

Yay! I am glad you are going back!!

Rachel! Glad to see you :goodvibes

I find I can't share a lot of things on FB because my friends won't 'get it' and thought I would share this. I was browsing Pinterest, came across this, laughed, and thought you guys would enjoy it too.

Happy Friday!

bea1c6b37317eb679e4ac4f42ad0302c.jpg

Great news about the later flight and less money :cool1:

Sorry your waitlist didn't come through. Nothing available at AKV at all? SSR is nice though.

Looking forward to tomorrow!!!

I find I can't share a lot of things on FB because my friends won't 'get it' and thought I would share this. I was browsing Pinterest, came across this, laughed, and thought you guys would enjoy it too.

Happy Friday!

Funny, and definitely appropriate for this crowd. :rotfl2::lmao::rotfl: :thumbsup2

Happy Friday!

I am the same way..lol That is why I either send it to my disney friends in a private message or just post it to there wall.

Happy Friday!

Too funny :rotfl:

Love it!

That picture is too funny :)

That's hilarious!:rotfl2:

Funny, and definitely appropriate for this crowd. :rotfl2::lmao::rotfl: :thumbsup2

I am the same way..lol That is why I either send it to my disney friends in a private message or just post it to there wall.

Too funny :rotfl:

Love it!

Glad you guys liked it! There are so many funny Disney memes on Pinterest, I could post them all day.

Life Updates

We've had a busy couple weeks here in the Crow residence. Two Saturdays ago, DH and I went to a good family friends wedding and had a blast. I thought this picture was too funny not to post. It's DH (in the back if you can't tell :rotfl2:), my MIL, SIL in the front and me.

Last Saturday, DH and I (without DS-We left him with DM, so it was a nice date day :thumbsup2) drove to Downtown Disney to meet up with Pam (pinkocto). We have been talking on the DIS for a few years now, and had the chance to meet up in December for a few minutes at DHS and we instantly clicked. She came out to Disneyland for about a week and I knew we had to catch up again. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to do a park day, so we settled on DTD. We had lunch at Ralph Brennan's Jazz Kitchen and it was SO fun catching up with her and chatting about her trip and other random things like the Goonies <---Andy, other fellow Goonie lovers here, minus me of course! They started talking about an octopus (is that right?) scene that had been deleted from the Goonies, and since I don't care for the movie, they both discussed it and tried finding it on their phones. So here I was waiting for them to find their clip and thought I may as well take a picture of them since I'm a loner and not on my phone :rotfl2:

I won't post pictures of lunch as I don't want to take away from Pam's TR but it was great! We were there for 2 hours and it was so much fun. And of course, we needed a picture.

I can't wait till we're able to meet up again Pam! :goodvibes

Trip Updates

I bought these placemats for DS for sit-down restaurants. There is a sticky adhesive on all four sides so the placemat won't go all over the place when we put food down for him. The reviews have been pretty good, so I hope they work.

Also, got our Magic Bands in a couple days ago and in case you haven't seen them, here's what they look like.

It gets you more excited for the trip, but now i'm thinking, that's one more thing I have to bring with me.:headache:

OH! And I got an email, saying my tickets have not been resolved and I should probably call Guest Services :confused3:mad: What the heck!? Kinda angry about all this, knowing i'm going to have to spend 20 minutes on the phone, like I did last time. What a headache this is.

Anyways, check out the countdown!

Cool update! I'm glad you and Pam had so much fun! I had a great time with her too. Evidently the day she and I got together our magic bands arrived too. I just opened them tonight. I have no idea about them since PIO ordered them. I'm not even sure how to link up our tickets or if we even can. I'm such a technology dork, I'm too stressed out about everything else in my life that I just want my WDW trip to be simple and like I'm used to it being and now they are changing everything! :rotfl2:

Hi there Lesha! I followed your fabulous dining reviews a couple years back and have popped in from time to time for your TR. Now I'm officially subbing and am looking forward to your plans.

Your little guy is completely adorable and motherhood definitely becomes you!

Right now, UT is having a far better deal (picking up car at MCO and then dropping off at WDW Car Care Center) for about $140 total for Saturday @ 4:00 - Tuesday @ 3:30. I think that's what we'll be doing.

Annnd no luck with the waitlist. I always get jealous reading your TR's because all your waitlists come through! I'm 2 for 2 now.:headache: When I checked in online for SSR yesterday, there was no options for check-in, like in a specific building, etc. Was hoping there would be a space to write in close to lobby so we won't be so far away, especially since it's only for one night.

What is UT? :confused3 Good rate for the car! :thumbsup2

I think the reason I luck out on the waitlists is because my waitlists are always so short. I listed 3 days then 2 days. I know if I had originally listed 5 days it never would have gone through. Of course, this was unintentional, but it worked out great!

Love the picture of you and Pam! That's an awesome picture PAM!!!! I feel like I never see pictures of her that close! Glad you had a great time.

I found out that I get magic bands for my AKL stay, but not my BWV stay? :confused3 I'm still pretty confused about how they work.

Love the candid pictures of you and the family!

YAY for dismeets. Love photobooths at weddings. We always have so much fun with them. Those placemats are awesome. I need to get something like that for our trip. Where did you get them? Your trip is so close!!

It's DH (in the back if you can't tell :rotfl2:), my MIL, SIL in the front and me.
:lmao::rotfl2::rotfl:

We had lunch at Ralph Brennan's Jazz Kitchen and it was SO fun catching up with her and chatting about her trip and other random things like the Goonies <---Andy, other fellow Goonie lovers here, minus me of course! They started talking about an octopus (is that right?) scene that had been deleted from the Goonies
::yes::

and since I don't care for the movie
And you're wrong. :lmao:

So here I was waiting for them to find their clip and thought I may as well take a picture of them since I'm a loner and not on my phone :rotfl2:
Maybe you should have been looking up Goonies videos on your phone instead. All the cool kids are doing it. :rotfl2:

I bought these placemats for DS for sit-down restaurants. There is a sticky adhesive on all four sides so the placemat won't go all over the place when we put food down for him. The reviews have been pretty good, so I hope they work.
We used to use those for DS. Just wait till the second kid comes along. Instead of hauling those around, you just grab a wipe and wipe the table down. :rolleyes1 :rotfl:

OH! And I got an email, saying my tickets have not been resolved and I should probably call Guest Services :confused3:mad: What the heck!? Kinda angry about all this, knowing i'm going to have to spend 20 minutes on the phone, like I did last time. What a headache this is.
:headache: You'll probably be lucky if it is a 20 minute phone call.

fun update - sounds like a fun wedding and dismeets are always fun to have

(trying to see how many times I can use the word fun in this post ... either that or your a just a fun person)

... ok, back to my "fun" job

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter