Food & Wine & Friends, or 'Wishing a Year Away'. October 2012 PTR *NEW 11/18 TR link!

Yay for double digits! :cheer2:

Glad you kept a Via Napoli ADR. It's so good, the perfect way to wrap up a segway tour!:thumbsup2

I like your Day 6 plans. It's something different, and I like reading about new ideas to try out one day. And DHS at night is awesome. I feel like it's a different park than during the day, and if it wasn't for the insanity of TSMM (because I will NEVER wait in a 60+minute line) I'd just stick with nighttime visits to that park.

Wo-Hoo!!!

I love it! It's getting closer! :hyper:

Yay for double digits! :cheer2:

Glad you kept a Via Napoli ADR. It's so good, the perfect way to wrap up a segway tour!:thumbsup2

I like your Day 6 plans. It's something different, and I like reading about new ideas to try out one day. And DHS at night is awesome. I feel like it's a different park than during the day, and if it wasn't for the insanity of TSMM (because I will NEVER wait in a 60+minute line) I'd just stick with nighttime visits to that park.

Yeah, I liked that plan too.... but it looks like lots of things are changing, and I am kinda starting all over with planning :crazy2:

Well, I got pretty far along in posting my day-to-day plans for the trip. But now I'm gonna get to basically start alllllll over. :rotfl:

The thing that I never thought would happen, happened.

bwv7.jpg

Our waitlist came through. Huh. Who'd a thunk?

You may remember me mentioning that I secretly wanted BLT the whole time, even though everyone else's vote was for a split stay. Well, we got an email on Friday from DVC and the rest of my travel party won. We'll check into the Boardwalk Villas 10/13 and stay till 10/17. Then we move over to BLT. I am glad, I've always wanted to stay at an Epcot area resort, and during F&W is even better! But because of where the two resorts are located, I've decided to take a look at changing plans so that the first half is more Epcot/DHS focused, and the second half more about going to the MK. That means moving our KTTK tour if possible (I really like the idea of being able to walk to that, so want to do it while we are at BLT) and changing a few days around.

So far, it seems like I can keep a lot of our ADRs the same and our switch day worked out pretty well- it's the day Ben and I have free in the afternoon after Segways, and Hilde & Sebastian will be at BB. So we can check in and explore BLT while we wait for them to be done at the water park.

And what better way to help the next 96 days go by faster than to re-work the itinerary? :rotfl2:

I am happy that everyone else got what they wanted.... I guess. ;) I would have loved a full stay at BLT as well. Oh well! At least you can take full advantage of F and W!

I'm glad you are getting to stay at the Boardwalk, staying at BLT the whole time would have been nice, but you are going to love being steps away from Epcot during Food and Wine! That's awesome that you don't have to shuffle around too many ADR's! :cool1:

Yay for double digits!!!!!!!!!!! :cool1::cool1:

Getting closer... slowly but surely!

I am happy that everyone else got what they wanted.... I guess. ;) I would have loved a full stay at BLT as well. Oh well! At least you can take full advantage of F and W!

I was kind of happy with not moving at all during the week! But it will be nice to try out two new resorts in one trip!

I'm glad you are getting to stay at the Boardwalk, staying at BLT the whole time would have been nice, but you are going to love being steps away from Epcot during Food and Wine! That's awesome that you don't have to shuffle around too many ADR's! :cool1:

I think I have rearranged everything and we were able to mke the changes we wanted. I'll update with our new plans soon! :cool1:

I saw this on the October FB page. Now you get to stay in two awesome resorts (minus the scary clown pool *shudder*). I think it's a great idea to focus more on Epcot/DHS while your there & concentrate more on MK at BLT. Good luck re-working everything. It'll make time go faster!

Can't wait to hear your new plans!!

Going to Jellyrolls (and "home" from it) will be so much easier!!

I think our new plans worked out really well! Will share soon :)

Sebastian LOVES Jellyrolls (his former company used to have yearly trainings in Orlando, they didn't get to the parks much, but they spent a lot of time at the Boardwalk), so I know he is thrilled about this change.

I saw this on the October FB page. Now you get to stay in two awesome resorts (minus the scary clown pool *shudder*). I think it's a great idea to focus more on Epcot/DHS while your there & concentrate more on MK at BLT. Good luck re-working everything. It'll make time go faster!

The clown pool is super disturbing. But I like creepy stuff, so it's all good :rotfl:

So I think I have finally made up my mind...again...for now...

Currently I have:

1.) Liberty Tree Tavern @ 2:35PM on Oct.29th our 1st full day will be spent at MK w/EMH-midnight because our favorite meal of course is a Turkey dinner...but for lunch!! :thumbsup2

2.) Via Napoli @ 8:00PM on Nov. 1st our 5th and last full day we will be at AK for the first part of the day as we must make a room switch because I decided to add a day a little bit too late. However, we are just a hop, skip and a jump away at BWV so we will dine close to "home" at EPCOT and spend the duration of the day there :flower3:

I gave up our Le Cellier reservation ONLY because we both work at a Steakhouse and get fantastic deals on steak, I would really like to try something vastly different from the norm especially if our meal is going to be $100 at least! :scared:

...105 days almost double digits and we're off!!! pixiedust:

Oh wow! Congrats on the waitlist coming through! It'll be really nice being so close to Epcot during F&W-- the idea of just running over for a late night snack sounds heavenly!

So I think I have finally made up my mind...again...for now...

Currently I have:

1.) Liberty Tree Tavern @ 2:35PM on Oct.29th our 1st full day will be spent at MK w/EMH-midnight because our favorite meal of course is a Turkey dinner...but for lunch!! :thumbsup2

2.) Via Napoli @ 8:00PM on Nov. 1st our 5th and last full day we will be at AK for the first part of the day as we must make a room switch because I decided to add a day a little bit too late. However, we are just a hop, skip and a jump away at BWV so we will dine close to "home" at EPCOT and spend the duration of the day there :flower3:

I gave up our Le Cellier reservation ONLY because we both work at a Steakhouse and get fantastic deals on steak, I would really like to try something vastly different from the norm especially if our meal is going to be $100 at least! :scared:

...105 days almost double digits and we're off!!! pixiedust:

Your ADR plans look great!

Oh wow! Congrats on the waitlist coming through! It'll be really nice being so close to Epcot during F&W-- the idea of just running over for a late night snack sounds heavenly!

Thanks! I have been re-working our schedule, and now I am really excited about the split stay :goodvibes

Heyyyyyy folks! I have been rather lacking in DIS updates lately, my apologies!

Things have been pretty busy around here... Hilde & Sebastian have officially bought a house! They are about 5 minutes away from us now which is so fun! They closed on Monday, and Ben and I spent a couple days helping them clean and paint so they'll be ready to move for real this weeked. Let's just say that physical labor in an un-air conditioned house when it is over 90 degrees really saps the energy outa ya. :faint:

I have a free evening now, but tomorrow I am heading out to visit my friend Mark (who I recently went to WDW with in May... see un-finished TR link in my signature ;) ) for the weekend. In all this craziness, we've been sneaking up on October. Just 85 days to go! :goodvibes

In trip planning news, I have been busy in that arena as well; re-working plans and making some purchases for the trip. Check these out:

wd_open_seal_500px.jpg

I did some research on travelling with alcohol, and Southwest is ok with you checking it, as long as it is professionally packaged in a leak-proof bag. So I purchased these bad boys to help us save some money by bringing a bit of our own booze :laughing: This way we can have drinks at our resort without paying a crazy amount of money. Since we won't have a car, and the service fees for grocery delivery are kinda high if you don't order much, this plan works for us!

Since we've established that our trip is officially beginning with us checking into the Boardwalk Villas, I had to re-arrange our plans. I am mostly happy with what I have now, except that I am missing a rope-drop morning at Epcot. I wouldn't care about this at all, but Hilde & Sebastian want to ride Soarin' so I am worried about getting FP if we don't get to the park early. I am sure we'll figure it out, and they will get to ride- I just don't want to waste a lot of time on it!

Here's a look at our new plans:
Arrival day doesn't really change; we'll get to BWV around 11am and if our room is ready head there. If it isn't, we'll probably hang by the pool and/or just explore a bit. Obviously the beer tasting at the Wave is out for this day, now! We'll rest up before heading (walking!!!!) over to Epcot for dinner at the F&W booths and stay for Illuminations. Then we'll walk (still exciting!) back to our room and crash after our long day!

On Sunday, our first full day, I've switched us to the Animal Kingdom. We'll get there early so we can take advantage of low crowds and get the big rides out of the way. Lunch is going to be early at Tusker House, and I am sure we'll take a nice break at the Dawa Bar (best bar in any theme park, I think!) We'll probably head out of AK before the 3:00 parade.
For dinner, it's back to Epcot and San Angel Inn. I :lovestruc this place! Great guacamole! :thumbsup2
After, we'll make our way out of Epcot and have some fun at Jellyrolls (of course!), trying not to stay out too late.:rolleyes2

Monday didn't change much- it will be an early morning at DHS- and we'll plan on walking over there... at least we'll get exercise! I'm gonna make realllllll sure to get some good shoes for this trip! Obivously, TSM is a priority since our friends have never ridden it. We have another early lunch, this time at Sci-Fi Drive In. I'm hoping that getting there early enough means that we head out not too long after lunch so we have time to get back to BWV for a little break and head to DtD for dinner. I switched our dinner at Raglan Road to an earlier time so that we'd have more time after we eat to do something.
That 'something' will likely be EMH at MK. I don't have the best track record with these, but since we won't have been to the MK yet, I know we'll be itching to get over there so I really wanna try!

Tuesday was re-arranged a little because Ben wanted to be sure to fit in a Boma breakfast, but I didn't want it on our AK day and miss rope drop there. So this morning, we'll take a cab to AKL for a 9:15 Boma ADR, then head to Epcot. I am toying with taking a cab from AKL to Epcot after, rather than a bus. I figure this will get us in the park a bit earlier which will be helpful because we'll have to be ready to leave Epcot in time to get back to BWV to change for MNSSHP! Dinner is at Liberty Tree Tavern at 5:30, and I want to make sure we have plenty of time!

Wednesday is our resort switch day! Hilde & Sebastian will still go to Blizzard Beach, and Ben and I are off to Epcot for our Segway tour. Our tour is not before park opening, so getting in through the International Gateway shouldn't be a problem, right?
We'll have sent our bags on to BLT before heading to Epcot, and head there after our Via Napoli lunch. Then Ben and I will relax at BLT while we wait for our friends to get back from BB- hopefully they remember to get on a Contemporary bus when they leave there! :laughing:
My evening plans originally had us going back to Epcot for more F&W and EMH, but since we're spending lots of time there earlier in the trip, I think we might head to the MK instead. Dinner will probably be something counter service in the park.

And I think that catches us up to where I got in our originaly daily plans! Stay tuned to hear about the rest!

I love that it's called a wine diaper LOL.

You're very sweet to help out your friends in an un-ACed house. They should love you forever for that! ;)

New plans sound great!

Hey there! Just subbing. I followed you over from the FB group, but I need to go back and get caught up on your trip plans!

Following you over from the FB group :)

Been skimming through your PTR to try to catch up! A lot of your plans sound very similar to ours, so of course I think they are awesome! We're also going to do an evening at the Boardwalk (I didn't catch if you're eating there, we're doing Flying Fish) and Jellyrolls, we're also trying Via Napoli for the first time, also going to F&W and MNSSHP....

I'm also excited to see you booked the Keys to the Kingdom tour! We did that on our last trip, and it was definitely an awesome experience. I'd highly recommend it to any Disney lover!

Looking forward to reading more!

In trip planning news, I have been busy in that arena as well; re-working plans and making some purchases for the trip. Check these out:

wd_open_seal_500px.jpg

I did some research on travelling with alcohol, and Southwest is ok with you checking it, as long as it is professionally packaged in a leak-proof bag. So I purchased these bad boys to help us save some money by bringing a bit of our own booze :laughing: This way we can have drinks at our resort without paying a crazy amount of money. Since we won't have a car, and the service fees for grocery delivery are kinda high if you don't order much, this plan works for us!

:lmao: That is so ridiculous, yet so clever!! Awesome way to save money though. We looked into ordering diapers & wipes for delivery from Garden Grocer last time (even though we have a car, just to save the time it would take to go shopping) and we would have had to order way too much crap just to get to the minimum order. Plus the delivery fee. No thanks! Glad you found something that will work out for you & keep the booze safe & cozy on the plane ride. ;)

Since we've established that our trip is officially beginning with us checking into the Boardwalk Villas, I had to re-arrange our plans. I am mostly happy with what I have now, except that I am missing a rope-drop morning at Epcot. I wouldn't care about this at all, but Hilde & Sebastian want to ride Soarin' so I am worried about getting FP if we don't get to the park early. I am sure we'll figure it out, and they will get to ride- I just don't want to waste a lot of time on it!

I'm not a big fan of Soarin' so I might be totally making things up, but I would think going in October, you shouldn't have many problems getting a FP even if you are not there at rope drop. I hope so for you anyway!

Here's a look at our new plans:
Arrival day doesn't really change; we'll get to BWV around 11am and if our room is ready head there. If it isn't, we'll probably hang by the pool and/or just explore a bit. Obviously the beer tasting at the Wave is out for this day, now! We'll rest up before heading (walking!!!!) over to Epcot for dinner at the F&W booths and stay for Illuminations. Then we'll walk (still exciting!) back to our room and crash after our long day!

On Sunday, our first full day, I've switched us to the Animal Kingdom. We'll get there early so we can take advantage of low crowds and get the big rides out of the way. Lunch is going to be early at Tusker House, and I am sure we'll take a nice break at the Dawa Bar (best bar in any theme park, I think!) We'll probably head out of AK before the 3:00 parade.
For dinner, it's back to Epcot and San Angel Inn. I :lovestruc this place! Great guacamole! :thumbsup2
After, we'll make our way out of Epcot and have some fun at Jellyrolls (of course!), trying not to stay out too late.:rolleyes2

Monday didn't change much- it will be an early morning at DHS- and we'll plan on walking over there... at least we'll get exercise! I'm gonna make realllllll sure to get some good shoes for this trip! Obivously, TSM is a priority since our friends have never ridden it. We have another early lunch, this time at Sci-Fi Drive In. I'm hoping that getting there early enough means that we head out not too long after lunch so we have time to get back to BWV for a little break and head to DtD for dinner. I switched our dinner at Raglan Road to an earlier time so that we'd have more time after we eat to do something.
That 'something' will likely be EMH at MK. I don't have the best track record with these, but since we won't have been to the MK yet, I know we'll be itching to get over there so I really wanna try!

Tuesday was re-arranged a little because Ben wanted to be sure to fit in a Boma breakfast, but I didn't want it on our AK day and miss rope drop there. So this morning, we'll take a cab to AKL for a 9:15 Boma ADR, then head to Epcot. I am toying with taking a cab from AKL to Epcot after, rather than a bus. I figure this will get us in the park a bit earlier which will be helpful because we'll have to be ready to leave Epcot in time to get back to BWV to change for MNSSHP! Dinner is at Liberty Tree Tavern at 5:30, and I want to make sure we have plenty of time!

Wednesday is our resort switch day! Hilde & Sebastian will still go to Blizzard Beach, and Ben and I are off to Epcot for our Segway tour. Our tour is not before park opening, so getting in through the International Gateway shouldn't be a problem, right?
We'll have sent our bags on to BLT before heading to Epcot, and head there after our Via Napoli lunch. Then Ben and I will relax at BLT while we wait for our friends to get back from BB- hopefully they remember to get on a Contemporary bus when they leave there! :laughing:
My evening plans originally had us going back to Epcot for more F&W and EMH, but since we're spending lots of time there earlier in the trip, I think we might head to the MK instead. Dinner will probably be something counter service in the park.

And I think that catches us up to where I got in our originaly daily plans! Stay tuned to hear about the rest!

Looks good so far!!

I love that it's called a wine diaper LOL.

You're very sweet to help out your friends in an un-ACed house. They should love you forever for that! ;)

New plans sound great!

Yup-Ben and I are very good friends :) he helped them move this weekend, and I think they are just about settled. It's nice to have them close!

Hey there! Just subbing. I followed you over from the FB group, but I need to go back and get caught up on your trip plans!

Welcome!!

Following you over from the FB group :)

Been skimming through your PTR to try to catch up! A lot of your plans sound very similar to ours, so of course I think they are awesome! We're also going to do an evening at the Boardwalk (I didn't catch if you're eating there, we're doing Flying Fish) and Jellyrolls, we're also trying Via Napoli for the first time, also going to F&W and MNSSHP....

I'm also excited to see you booked the Keys to the Kingdom tour! We did that on our last trip, and it was definitely an awesome experience. I'd highly recommend it to any Disney lover!

Looking forward to reading more!

Can't wait for KTTK! It sounds awesome :goodvibes
We're not planning to eat at the Boardwalk, but our plans have a habit of changing on the fly!

Following over from the FB group.....now I'm off to catch up!:thumbsup2

Welcome!! Thanks for stopping by!

:lmao: That is so ridiculous, yet so clever!! Awesome way to save money though. We looked into ordering diapers & wipes for delivery from Garden Grocer last time (even though we have a car, just to save the time it would take to go shopping) and we would have had to order way too much crap just to get to the minimum order. Plus the delivery fee. No thanks! Glad you found something that will work out for you & keep the booze safe & cozy on the plane ride. ;)

I'm not a big fan of Soarin' so I might be totally making things up, but I would think going in October, you shouldn't have many problems getting a FP even if you are not there at rope drop. I hope so for you anyway!

Looks good so far!!

Ben and I are not into Soarin', so we don't usually go looking for FP. Hopefully you are right and HIlde & Sebastian won't have a problem!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter