Food & Wine & Friends, or 'Wishing a Year Away'. October 2012 PTR *NEW 11/18 TR link!

I love that first bathing suit pic! Normally, cute one pieces are difficult to find, but I think those are adorable!
And I agree, if given the choice, I prefer to wear dresses over shorts during the summer. To me, they're just more comfortable! :confused3

I was so sad to see the Magic, the Memories, and You was getting removed. I don't understand why they couldn't leave it up until the new show is put in place...

Cute swimsuits!! I'm waiting a few more weeks and then need to order/buy some swim suits.

Also so disappointed about MM&Y. At DL I heard it was nothing spectacular there so I never stopped to watch it. Now I won't get to see it on the castle either... :(

I LOVE your bathing suits and dresses from Modcloth! They have such cute things there!

I'm disappointed that MM&Y is going away too! I'm sure the new show will be great, but there'll be nothing in October! :(

The timing is just stinky. But at least I'll get to see Hallowishes and the Boo to You parade- both new for me!

I love that first bathing suit pic! Normally, cute one pieces are difficult to find, but I think those are adorable!
And I agree, if given the choice, I prefer to wear dresses over shorts during the summer. To me, they're just more comfortable! :confused3

I was so sad to see the Magic, the Memories, and You was getting removed. I don't understand why they couldn't leave it up until the new show is put in place...

I am so excited to pack my new clothes... though packing will be for New Orleans, since that come first- I keep forgetting! :rotfl:

I love that second bathing suit. Super cute!

I'm bummed about MM&Y. I've never seen it!

Thank you! And it even looks good on!

Cute swimsuits!! I'm waiting a few more weeks and then need to order/buy some swim suits.

Also so disappointed about MM&Y. At DL I heard it was nothing spectacular there so I never stopped to watch it. Now I won't get to see it on the castle either... :(

The MM&Y show on the castle was awesome. I guess it would be less awesome on the Small World facade at DL...

cute swim suites and the dress is super cute. I don't wear dresses to much... my midsection causes me to look pregnant...sooooo dresses pretty much either hang on me everywhere else..too big. Or are too snug in the middle and make me look pregnant. :sad2:

How cool you get breakfast included in your segway tour now! I agree... food is always a good thing.

I was really bummed to hear about MM&Y going away too. Even though we saw it last trip, we were really far back and didn't have a very good view so I was hoping to get a better spot this year. Plus it is a bummer going during that in-between point and missing the new show!

Love that dress! It's so cute. And the bathing suits look great too. I'm the same way, not a big fan of 2 pieces and 1 pieces just look off. I've gotten away with a tankini recently, but those are great alternatives. :thumbsup2

Those swm suits are SO SO cute!! Ugh! I need some cute ones. I have like 1 one-piece, and I don't think I will EVER wear a bikini again LOL so deifnitely could do some shopping for one! And that dress is adorable too, nice finds! :goodvibes

Hope you are doing well!! It's coming up SOON!!!

Hey Joyce! I can't believe how close your trip is! :woohoo:

Love the bathsuits and the dress that you got. My best friend raves about modcloth as well. :thumbsup2

I was sad to hear about the MM&Y, too! And then even more sad to hear that the new one won't be starting until November! :headache:

Guys!! I am sooooo sorry that I have been neglecting this PTR! Things have just been busy and crazy, and I just could never get myself to sit down and write an update... and here I am less than 2 weeks out!

cute swim suites and the dress is super cute. I don't wear dresses to much... my midsection causes me to look pregnant...sooooo dresses pretty much either hang on me everywhere else..too big. Or are too snug in the middle and make me look pregnant. :sad2:

How cool you get breakfast included in your segway tour now! I agree... food is always a good thing.

I ended up buying a few more dresses... :rolleyes: I have problems finding shorts that fit, so dresses work better for me.

The only problem with the new Segway tour is that it runs an hour longer... I had to cancel our Via Napoli ADR. But we will still try for a walk up!

I was really bummed to hear about MM&Y going away too. Even though we saw it last trip, we were really far back and didn't have a very good view so I was hoping to get a better spot this year. Plus it is a bummer going during that in-between point and missing the new show!

Love that dress! It's so cute. And the bathing suits look great too. I'm the same way, not a big fan of 2 pieces and 1 pieces just look off. I've gotten away with a tankini recently, but those are great alternatives. :thumbsup2

I LOVE these suits!! I have never been able to say that about a bathing suit before.

Those swm suits are SO SO cute!! Ugh! I need some cute ones. I have like 1 one-piece, and I don't think I will EVER wear a bikini again LOL so deifnitely could do some shopping for one! And that dress is adorable too, nice finds! :goodvibes

Hope you are doing well!! It's coming up SOON!!!

Doing better now- had a crappy couple of weeks in there. But things are looking up, and Disney is SOON!

Hey Joyce! I can't believe how close your trip is! :woohoo:

Love the bathsuits and the dress that you got. My best friend raves about modcloth as well. :thumbsup2

I was sad to hear about the MM&Y, too! And then even more sad to hear that the new one won't be starting until November! :headache:

Hi Courtney! How are you doing?? I am so out of the loop with everyone...

Did you fall of the face of the DIS? ;)

Yes, I did! :rotfl:
Have a great trip!!!!

It has been a tough couple of weeks! It all started when I fell off a horse during my riding lesson and ended up in an ambulance headed to the ER. Turns out I was fine, just really banged up.
The week after that, the crown on my front tooth chipped while I was eating dinner. I had to have it replaced and can I tell you how unpleasant it was to have the old crown grinded off? :scared: The temporary one is on now, and I hate it- the color is off and it looks yucky. The permanent one goes on this Friday, and I really hope it looks better!

Amidst all that, one of our staff members at work gave her notice and will be gone before my trip starts... I was completely freaking out about how the heck I'd be able to be gone for a week. Luckily, the manager and I sat down and figured out a schedule that would work- even though it will be tough. But even better is that our summer intern will likely be able to take the open staff position. She's great at the job, and is already trained so this could work out really well for everyone! No matter what, I am for sure going on this trip to Disney, no matter what!

With just 13 days to go, I am soooooper excited! Ben and I have been in New Orleans for the weekend and it has been an awesome trip- but everything reminds us of Disney World! :rotfl: The music playing in the hotel elevator sounds like Tower of Terror queue music... the bands playing on Bourbon street sound like theme park music. The delicious food we've been pigging out on...
Though as excited as I am, I'm a little nervous... I am the teensiest bit worried that Hilde & Sebastian will think our pace is too quick- they take a more relaxed approach (and end up skipping rides and not eating meals they want because they don't wake up early or make ADRs). All along, they have insisted that they'll be happy with whatever I plan and I believe them... I just want to make sure we all have the best trip possible. I am sure I am worrying about nothing!

For example... the shirts we had made are done. Here is the picture Hilde texted yesterday:
IMG_20120929_155659.jpg

We each have a shirt with a photo of the other three in the goofiest pose possible. The back says 'Galanci Family Vacation 2012' (that is our mashed-together last name)
I can NOT wait to see the others and to wear them to the parks. Though I don't know what day will be best for them!

Glad to see you back on the DIS!!

I'm sorry you have had so many issues/troubles come up! It's been a crazy time for you it seems!!

I am sure the trip with your friends will be awesome! Just remember if you need to slow down a bit to be more at their pace that you have another trip in the future you can do the things you may have missed!

The T-shirts are awesome!!

Glad to see you back! Its been pretty quiet on the PTRs that I follow. I'm chalking it up to all the last minute planning that we are all doing!

Sorry to head about all the troubles you've been having but its almost vacation time! :cheer2::cheer2: Best advice I can give you is work will be there when you get back. Get ready to step away and truly step away. It will just stress you out otherwise.

We might have some room in our Via Napoli reservation on the afternoon of the 12th if you want to each with a bunch of strangers and kids! LOL! I made it for 12 just to make sure we could get the kids fed before the Pirates and Pals cruise. pirate: But I suspect most of the grown ups will hit up Food and Wine (and one family may not even be in Epcot as they are thinking about skipping).

Hope things get settled at work. And at least the crown cracked now and not AT Disney. That would really be a bummer.

smile4stamps said:
Glad to see you back on the DIS!!

I'm sorry you have had so many issues/troubles come up! It's been a crazy time for you it seems!!

I am sure the trip with your friends will be awesome! Just remember if you need to slow down a bit to be more at their pace that you have another trip in the future you can do the things you may have missed!

The T-shirts are awesome!!

It will be awesome... I just want them to have a blast!
Thanks- I can't wait to see how all the shirts turned out!

drlaurafsu said:
Glad to see you back! Its been pretty quiet on the PTRs that I follow. I'm chalking it up to all the last minute planning that we are all doing!

Sorry to head about all the troubles you've been having but its almost vacation time! :cheer2::cheer2: Best advice I can give you is work will be there when you get back. Get ready to step away and truly step away. It will just stress you out otherwise.

We might have some room in our Via Napoli reservation on the afternoon of the 12th if you want to each with a bunch of strangers and kids! LOL! I made it for 12 just to make sure we could get the kids fed before the Pirates and Pals cruise. pirate: But I suspect most of the grown ups will hit up Food and Wine (and one family may not even be in Epcot as they are thinking about skipping).

Hope things get settled at work. And at least the crown cracked now and not AT Disney. That would really be a bummer.

Awww, would totally crash your Via Napoli ressie, but we don't arrive till the 13th!

You are very right about the timing of my crown breaking. And no matter how nuts work gets... I plan on enjoying every second of this trip!!

I'm newly home from New Orleans and can just tell you that I had the best travel day ever? It started with being able to share a cab from my hotel to the airport so it only cost half of what I was expecting. Then I got through security nice and quick. It got a little rough when I realized that the food options in the area I was in were VERY lacking. I had banked on eating lunch at the airport, and this turned into a very sad attempt to eat a wet and rubbery chicken wrap. Blech!

Things continued to go poorly since it was freezing sitting at my gate. It was ridiculous how cold they had it in there. I was dressed in shorts, but luckily had a sweatshirt on... then I got an email that my flight was delayed. So I was going to miss my connection in Houston. Ruh-Roh

Right about now you may be wondering... how exactly was this a good travel day? Well. My name was called and I went to talk to the guy at the desk. He said I could get on the flight leaving right then for DC and connect there. Sweet. I walked over, got handed my boarding pass and walked right on the plane. That's when I noticed that I was sitting in the premier seating section, with lots of leg room. Cool.
Flight went fine, and my connection was boarding soon, so I found my next gate. I looked at the boarding pass and noticed it said Zone 1. So I was one of the first people on the plane and was initially confused because I was in row 4... but row 4 was to the left in that magical land with the comfy seats and the *gasp* complimetary booze... could it be?!?
I took my seat and waited for someone to kick me out- not able to believe I was supposed to be in first class. I was offered a drink, ok... I'll have a beer please (this is when I ordered a Heinekien even though I don't like them...I didn't want to ask what they had cause I already felt like I didn't belong, so I just got what the person next to me had. I am socially awkward and a total dork :crazy2: )
I kept imagining how embarassed I would be when they kicked me out and took my beer away :rotfl: But that never happened and I had the most pleasant flight, ever! It is so sad how crappy flying economy is compared to how nice flying could be... if I were wealthy. Or my job paid for my flights. Of course, we usually fly Southwest so first class isn't really an option anyway. (But we do have free drink tickets, so we'll pretend we're in first class on our way to Disney!)
And because of the different flights, I got in to Boston 1.5hours early! Woo-hoo!

Now that I am home, I am obsessing about WDW. I am sitting here right now trying to think of places to make ADRs. But then I tell myself not to add anymore, cause I'm already on the verge of overscheduling our fun. So maybe I'll just write a packing list instead....

Ordering the same thing to avoid asking what they have sounds EXACTLY like something I would do!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Yay for first class!! Those prices are crazy but it sure would be nice to experience one time!

Haha, love your thinking behind ordering a Heinekin. :rotfl:

How awesome you were upgraded to First Class! Did you fly back separate from your DH?

I usually only fly Southwest as well... "Where the whole plane is First Class!" :rotfl2:

Ordering the same thing to avoid asking what they have sounds EXACTLY like something I would do!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

:rotfl: I am glad I'm not the only one! I will be better prepared if I ever get to fly 1st class again :thumbsup2

Yay for first class!! Those prices are crazy but it sure would be nice to experience one time!

Haha, love your thinking behind ordering a Heinekin. :rotfl:

I would never book first class, I would totally inquire about an upgrade at the gate sometime... the prices can be pretty reasonable depending on how not-full the flight is.

How awesome you were upgraded to First Class! Did you fly back separate from your DH?

I usually only fly Southwest as well... "Where the whole plane is First Class!" :rotfl2:

DH is still in New Orleans finishing up his conference- he'll be home Wednesday night.

At least Southwest lets you check your bags!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter