Food & Wine & Friends, or 'Wishing a Year Away'. October 2012 PTR *NEW 11/18 TR link!

:rotfl: I am glad I'm not the only one! I will be better prepared if I ever get to fly 1st class again :thumbsup2

I would never book first class, I would totally inquire about an upgrade at the gate sometime... the prices can be pretty reasonable depending on how not-full the flight is.

DH is still in New Orleans finishing up his conference- he'll be home Wednesday night.

At least Southwest lets you check your bags!

Oh goodness! If not for 2 FREE checked backs I would be in so much trouble! I have 2 full bags to check, a full carry-on and a full "personal bag" EEKS!!!

Oh goodness! If not for 2 FREE checked backs I would be in so much trouble! I have 2 full bags to check, a full carry-on and a full "personal bag" EEKS!!!

Haha, that's a lot of stuff! I overpack a lot, but when I try not to I overcompensate and end up with too little! :scratchin

Wow what awesome luck!! Maybe it will turn into some amazing pixie dust for your trip

I love me some pixie dust, so I definitely hope my travel mojo stays good!!

Have a fab trip!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is just your average, run of the mill

Single digit dance!!
:woohoo::dance3::woohoo:

I still haven't unpacked from New Orleans, so obviously I am not packed for WDW yet. I will always be a last minute packer, I guess! Still trying to play with my plans... I can't shake the feeling that waiting too long for the MK isn't gonna fly with the group. But then I remind myself that we don't have to do what I write down. If we REALLY need to go to the MK, we can do that.

In other news, I had a riding lesson today- my first since falling and making an ambulance trip to the ER. We took it fairly easy but everything went great and I officially know I can still ride!

In other, other news, Ben and I have nailed down our Spring WDW trip plans. We're going April 27-May 5 (I'll just squeak in 3 trips on my AP- not bad!) We're not going to be there for our actual anniversary, but it will be close! And we decided to rent a car and stay at Old Key West! I LOVE that place, but decided I could not stay there again without a car. So this will be our first time driving on a WDW trip. I have a feeling I'm gonna like it :thumbsup2
No other plans for that trip, yet... except for Victoria & Albert's! This will be a first for us, and since we won't be doing any other 'extras' (tours, parties, etc) this will be a good trip to fit it in!

Now I just need it to be next Saturday, please!

Yay, single digit dance!!!

:cool1: :dance3::jumping1::rainbow::ccat:party:

I'm a last minute packer too, I have to be, because I worry forgetting things, so I constantly unpack and repack...I can't imagine packing weeks in advance and then unpacking over and over...I'd drive myself crazy! :upsidedow

I'm jealous of your anniversary trip. :rotfl: I know I said I wouldn't be back in May for a while, but I know next year I'll be dying to go for our anniversary again. :rotfl2: I love having a car in WDW, I'd like to try a trip with just the buses but it's so easy having a car and not having to wait!

This is just your average, run of the mill

Single digit dance!!
:woohoo::dance3::woohoo:

In other, other news, Ben and I have nailed down our Spring WDW trip plans. We're going April 27-May 5 (I'll just squeak in 3 trips on my AP- not bad!) We're not going to be there for our actual anniversary, but it will be close! And we decided to rent a car and stay at Old Key West! I LOVE that place, but decided I could not stay there again without a car. So this will be our first time driving on a WDW trip. I have a feeling I'm gonna like it :thumbsup2
No other plans for that trip, yet... except for Victoria & Albert's! This will be a first for us, and since we won't be doing any other 'extras' (tours, parties, etc) this will be a good trip to fit it in!

Now I just need it to be next Saturday, please!

You can tell a trip's close when you can check the weather online! :goodvibes...although, honestly, who really needs to check the weather in FL in October. It will be in the 80s every day and rain at some point whether that's for only 10 minutes, on and off all day, or just overnight!

Also, for anyone wondering, I actually had booked our spring trip to be through our anniversary, but Joyce was understanding enough to let me push it back a week. By having half of the trip in May, we save points on the room. My rationale was that those points would actually cover an extra night at HH, so we can add a "free" day to our tentatively planned trip next fall. Right now we're thinking split a week between HH and Charleston, SC similar to the trip we did last fall to VB, HH, and Savannah, GA. Maybe for that trip I'll write Another Parkless Disney Adventure :goodvibes

Wo-Hoo for Single Digits!! :cool1: :cheer2:

You'll be there for my anniversary!!! I wish we could go again but I have a feeling hubby will say NO for awhile!!

It will be different with a car! :drive: I like not having to worry about transportation and who might be driving after a drink or 2 (or 3? or 4?!?! lol!!) But I can imagine at times it will be nice to have!

Yay, single digit dance!!!

:cool1: :dance3::jumping1::rainbow::ccat:party:

I'm a last minute packer too, I have to be, because I worry forgetting things, so I constantly unpack and repack...I can't imagine packing weeks in advance and then unpacking over and over...I'd drive myself crazy! :upsidedow

I'm jealous of your anniversary trip. :rotfl: I know I said I wouldn't be back in May for a while, but I know next year I'll be dying to go for our anniversary again. :rotfl2: I love having a car in WDW, I'd like to try a trip with just the buses but it's so easy having a car and not having to wait!

You make a good point about packing too early... I would definitely forget what I already packed and have to keep checking- so it's good that I wait! :p

I think having a car will be a nice change. It will make breaks easier, as well as eating at different resorts!

You can tell a trip's close when you can check the weather online! :goodvibes...although, honestly, who really needs to check the weather in FL in October. It will be in the 80s every day and rain at some point whether that's for only 10 minutes, on and off all day, or just overnight!

Also, for anyone wondering, I actually had booked our spring trip to be through our anniversary, but Joyce was understanding enough to let me push it back a week. By having half of the trip in May, we save points on the room. My rationale was that those points would actually cover an extra night at HH, so we can add a "free" day to our tentatively planned trip next fall. Right now we're thinking split a week between HH and Charleston, SC similar to the trip we did last fall to VB, HH, and Savannah, GA. Maybe for that trip I'll write Another Parkless Disney Adventure :goodvibes

Maybe you can write the PTR and TR for our May trip...

Wo-Hoo for Single Digits!! :cool1: :cheer2:

You'll be there for my anniversary!!! I wish we could go again but I have a feeling hubby will say NO for awhile!!

It will be different with a car! :drive: I like not having to worry about transportation and who might be driving after a drink or 2 (or 3? or 4?!?! lol!!) But I can imagine at times it will be nice to have!

That is also a good point, Paula! We definitely are more around the 'or 4' for drinks, so we'll have to be aware of that! Most Disney resorts have great transportation so we have no problem using it. OKW is just SO big and has a billion internal stops... and getting to the main pool/Hospitality House is a pain in itself- gotta have a car!

We are SO CLOSE!!!!

A week from right now, I will be packing and frantically trying get all the last minute things done so we can head to bed early. Our flight leaves incredibly early, and I want to try to be sorta-well rested!

We've been planning this trip (in some form) for almost 2 years. Which is just crazy to think about- now that we are only 1 week away!!

My disapointing news for the day is that when I went to the dentist to get my permanent crown, the color of the new crown was not a perfect match. Since it is for a front tooth, the color is pretty important. So a new one must be made. Meaning I need to continue with the temporary one for another two weeks. I really don't like the way it looks, but there is nothing I can do about that! And I need to make sure I pack some Fixident in case the temp crown falls off at Disney!

But my good news for the day is that I managed to be given a Halloween tree! I didn't even know I needed one, but now that I have it- I couldn't live without it!!

2012-10-05184649.jpg

Our living room is all spooked out in preparation for Halloween!

Lol at the "must have" Halloween tree! I "think" we are almost done packing. Been a busy few days getting it all done. Just needs to get loaded in the car in the morning. Still have to go through my camera gear and pack the VitaMix. But so close now!

Love the Halloween tree! It sucks that your permanent crown wasn't the right color either! I would be so afraid of it falling out as I peruse the food booths in Epcot! Fixodent is a great idea. =)

Phew! Finally caught up with your PTR, just in time to wish you guys a wonderful trip!!

Lol at the "must have" Halloween tree! I "think" we are almost done packing. Been a busy few days getting it all done. Just needs to get loaded in the car in the morning. Still have to go through my camera gear and pack the VitaMix. But so close now!

I love the last minute trip prep! I'm trying to get stuff done this week so I am not scrambling on Friday- but so far it's not happening!

Love the Halloween tree! It sucks that your permanent crown wasn't the right color either! I would be so afraid of it falling out as I peruse the food booths in Epcot! Fixodent is a great idea. =)

Luckily (and knock on some wood here, please...) I haven't had any problems with the temp. I haven't been biting into stuff, mostly trying to break pieces and eat that way (awkward, but it works!) Maybe I'll be ok!

Phew! Finally caught up with your PTR, just in time to wish you guys a wonderful trip!!

Hehe, thanks for reading! I can not believe we leave on Saturday. Crazy.

Three more days. Well, 2 1/2 days. Can not freaking believe it.

We already dropped our dog, Penny, at Ben's parents. Figured it was easier to get her there instead of trying to cram the four of us and our stuff in the car with a dog and her stuff. Feels a little strange to not have her glued to my side (where she always is) around the house...

We've got some MNSSHP drama... Hilde & Sebastian still need to make their costumes, I stopped and bought the fabric they needed today. And my friend is supposed to be supplying me with what I need for my pig nose... but she has been busy at work, and for whatever reason has not put together the stuff I need. So I may be running around to costume stores in the next couple of days for things like spirit gum and make-up. Oh well, I am sure we'll all work it out. And no matter what, we'll be in Disney on Saturday!!

Tomorrow is my birthday, which is not really a big deal except that it is 10/11/12. I am a dork and think that is pretty dang cool :thumbsup2

It's almost time for our weekly game night, so we're planning on having'Magic Dole Whips' Which are vanilla ice cream, pineapple juice and rum. Delicious.

The 2.5 days will FLY by and then you will be in the World with me (but not with me!! :rotfl2:)

I hope you are able to get all the costumes worked out!!

I'm glad your dog gets to go to her "Disney World" lol!!

I hope you had a great birthday! Have a fantastic trip if you don't get the chance to post again before you leave!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter