Found child using drugs?

Luckily I have not experienced any of that with my kids. My husband and I were not squeaky clean growing up so I figured I would try and keep that in mind if we ever had problems with them but we just never did.

My aunt learned that my cousin had "tried heroin" and three weeks later, my cousin died from heroin laced with fentanyl. Her friends say she was not an addict, used maybe 3-4 times, and it wasn't an overdose - just bad drugs. Point being is that even if kids are experimenting by dabbling in drugs of any kind, it can go awry very quickly. It can't be taken seriously enough.

My aunt obviously did not have time to intervene, but in retrospect, she would have loved to have a heart to heart with my cousin while being open, level-headed, and non-judgmental. I think if my cousin had felt open about sharing why she was doing what she was doing, she would have been receptive to help and change. Anger, sadness, etc. are normal reactions but it needs to be approached with caution IMO.

It's a huge problem that there's no margin for error with fentanyl. For so many only one experience leads to absolute tragedy. I've heard many stories where it's believed the deceased never even realized fentanyl was involved.

We have been very lucky in that regard. My youngest dd has a medical condition that reacts terribly to alcohol. She has tried it several times and vomits immediately or becomes light headed after a few sips.I struggle getting her to take a Tylenol! My college age dd has had alcohol and drinks wine when she is at home time to time. She has never been the party type. They jokingly call me the lush. I was moderately wild in high school and college.

It's a huge problem that there's no margin for error with fentanyl. For so many only one experience leads to absolute tragedy. I've heard many stories where it's believed the deceased never even realized fentanyl was involved.
I have a good friend who is in his 50s and was prescribed a fetanyl patch by his doc. My friend said he felt like he was going to die so he got rid of it. He has been on prescription pain meds (authorized by his doc) for years and it was just something the doctor thought might help with the pain. My friend said thanks but no thanks. This was shortly before all the headlines about the drug.

I'm surprised that parents have become more lenient towards pot, knowing that their children are safer using it than alcohol.

My aunt learned that my cousin had "tried heroin" and three weeks later, my cousin died from heroin laced with fentanyl. Her friends say she was not an addict, used maybe 3-4 times, and it wasn't an overdose - just bad drugs. Point being is that even if kids are experimenting by dabbling in drugs of any kind, it can go awry very quickly. It can't be taken seriously enough.

My aunt obviously did not have time to intervene, but in retrospect, she would have loved to have a heart to heart with my cousin while being open, level-headed, and non-judgmental. I think if my cousin had felt open about sharing why she was doing what she was doing, she would have been receptive to help and change. Anger, sadness, etc. are normal reactions but it needs to be approached with caution IMO.

FYI. I was watching a documentary on heroin use. They said it is possible to get hooked the first time you use it. It depends on your tolerance. They said you don't know until you try it. Once you are hooked relapse is about 80% of the users.

FYI. I was watching a documentary on heroin use. They said it is possible to get hooked the first time you use it. It depends on your tolerance. They said you don't know until you try it. Once you are hooked relapse is about 80% of the users.

If you quoted my post because of the story of my cousin, she used 3-4 times over the course of 9 months. While its possible for someone to become an addict after first use, her situation didn't jive with that. She died of fentanyl laced heroin because she had no tolerance for it. Her friend, who is most likely an addict, used from the same bag and was fine because she had a tolerance for fentanyl. Sad, but true.

My point is that even if someone uses just a little one time only, tainted drugs is what is killing people now. It only takes one time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter