Funny things kids say at Disney

When my DS6 was 4 all he wanted to do at AK was ride Dinosaur....So, I took him on it and as we were pulling back into the station after the ride he looked a little unsure said "I didn't like that"....then a second later he looked up at me and exclaimed excitedly "Can we do it again?!?!" :lmao::lmao:
All of the other people in our vehicle were laughing hysterically!!:goodvibes

My DD (5 at the time) and I were at POFQ and had been swimming all day. We went back to the room and changed into our costumes for MNSSHP. My DD was going as Minnie Mouse in a red dress with white polka dots, yellow anklesocks, and red shoes. We did her mouse make-up and headed for the bus. While we were waiting for the bus my DD was dancing all over the little pavillion. All of a sudden she stood perfectly still and looked at me and in a very clear and loud voice said "Mom, is it OK that I forgot to put on my underwear?" I thought the man sitting next to me was going to bust a gasket. When I stood up and starting gathering up our stuff she said "I guess not" and started walking back to the room without even waiting for me.

I took my kids to WDW for the first time last month. DD8 turned out to LOVE the thrill rides (did EE four times, TOT twice, etc. etc.). However, Dinosaur scared the wits out of her; she had her head in her lap and her hands over her ears the whole time. When we were walking out, she said, "Dinosaurs at WDW should be extinct!" :rotfl2: People around us burst out laughing. :lmao:

Another dd8 comment that's kind of funny and sad at the same time....I was diagnosed with cancer 18 months ago, and made up my mind to take my kids on this trip while I was feeling well enough to do so. My mantra for the last year and a half has been "Live for the day." (We'd always said we would go to WDW "someday"). We had been at MK for 15 minutes our first day and sat down on the curb watch the 3pm parade. About 5 minutes into the parade, dd8 looked up at me and said, "Thank you for getting sick so my wishes could come true." So innocent and honest!!

Finally, since we've been home she's been doing a lot of youtube searches and watching the WDW rides on youtube to relive them. One morning she was all excited that our next trip could be on a "boat". Evidently she searched "disney boat", thinking she'd see the boat that took us from MK over to Hoop De Doo....and found a disney cruise ship. She's now "planning" our next vacation....a top of the line land/sea deal.....yikes!!!! Maybe someday when she has a job and can help with the $$$$$!! lol

My DD (5 at the time) and I were at POFQ and had been swimming all day. We went back to the room and changed into our costumes for MNSSHP. My DD was going as Minnie Mouse in a red dress with white polka dots, yellow anklesocks, and red shoes. We did her mouse make-up and headed for the bus. While we were waiting for the bus my DD was dancing all over the little pavillion. All of a sudden she stood perfectly still and looked at me and in a very clear and loud voice said "Mom, is it OK that I forgot to put on my underwear?" I thought the man sitting next to me was going to bust a gasket. When I stood up and starting gathering up our stuff she said "I guess not" and started walking back to the room without even waiting for me.
Guess that little breeze she felt reminded her!:lmao:
Sort of reminds me of when I had dd, about the same age, at a museum and apparently she had forgotten to per hers on. She had tights, but still! I kept reminding her to sit nicely all day!

We took our 6 year old to Dis in January....while in line at HS for a meet and greet with Woody and Buzz a little kid was having a complete and utter melt down in the line. My niece looks at me and says "That boy needs a nap"

I cracked up because I was saying that to DH about her the day before when she was having her own issues :lmao:

It's not funny but we just had our first trip - my first as well and something I've always wanted to do. On the first day we were at Epcot and about 2/3 through the day my 2 year old looked at me and said - I so happy at Dis-eee. It totally made my day! After that, she said it everyday we were there!

Aw I love this thread!

We took my cousin (she was 6 at the time), I was waiting with her in line to get Jasmine's autograph. It was a HOT day, and the line was barely moving, and she turned to me and said, "How about you just sign my book as Jasmine and we move on?" It was so adorable:cutie:

The first time we took our kids to WDW, they had just turned 4 (boy/girl twins). Well, my daughter wanted to meet the princesses and we had promised her we would do so. On the day we were to meet them, my son said, "I don't want to see no stinkin' princesses." Well, because his sister had been gracious to wait to see the Power Rangers and the Cars, he would have to wait with us for the princessess. Well, once we got in, Belle begin to flirt with him and he blushed and was as red as he could be. After that, he fell in love with the princessess. That quote is in our scrapbook.

The other happened after we got back from the trip. We decided to do dinner one night at Ryan's (a buffet restaurant) and when we walked in both kids screamed..."wow, we are back at Disney World." Needless to say, my wife and I both looked at each other and thought, wow, we could have saved some money.

We were at Epcot watching the fish at living seas...my 5yr old turned to me and said look Mom..an octopus...it has eight testicles you know!!

We were at Epcot watching the fish at living seas...my 5yr old turned to me and said look Mom..an octopus...it has eight testicles you know!!

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Hate to follow that one......:rotfl:

Ariel asked my DD4 if "she ever went on adventures?" DD said, "Oh yes! Yesterday, Mom and I went to look for the ice machine."

One more...same DD wanted to meet Prince Charming more than any other character. She talked about what she was going to say to him for weeks! She dressed as Cinderella for our dinner at 1900 Park Faire. Well, when Prince Charming came to the table she froze. She was totally star struck. :rotfl: Prince Charming asked her several questions but she just sat with her mouth open, wide-eyed and didn't say a thing. As soon as he left she said, "I think he really likes me".

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Oh my goodness....I may be laughing for the rest of my life with that one!

Now, I don't have kids (I'm in high school), but I've always been strict on Disney knowledge. In other words, in our house, I've made it clear that it should be "Oh, Canada", and not "that movie with the guy we say live that one time...what was his name? oh yeah, Martin Short!"

First of all, we've taken, like, 200 trips since I was born, and my mom reads "The Ultimate Unofficial Guide" to me before we go to bed. So, they aren't novices.

But anyway, things my parents say at WDW:

"We don't need a map!"
"Why did you just trade a pin? That one's lame." :confused3
"Let's go do the plane ride."
"I hate that d*** hat!"
"I could have sworn we were at Downtown Disney." (This is in the Universal Studios parking lot. And coming from an on-property hotel.)

Things I Say At Disney:

"I' AM THE ONE WITH THE BOOKS."
:scared1::scared1::scared1::scared1::scared1::scared1:

But mostly:
:cloud9::cloud9::cloud9::cloud9::cloud9::cloud9::cloud9::cloud9::cloud9:

I don't have any great stories like these, but it makes me excited for the trips we take when my DD is older. She is only 6 months right now and will be just over 1 year old for our next trip, but after that I can't wait to hear what she has to say!

DS was about 3 at the time. We told him we were going to LeCellier for dinner, and he asked what that was. We told him it was a steak house in Canada. He looked up at us, very confused, and asked, " A house made out of steak? How does it stand up?"

- Erin

A few more from January, we took our 6 year old niece, and it was our first morning at WDW and it was 27 degrees....we went to breakfast at CP and we were having a great time....she says to us "This is the best day of my entire life!" That was so cute!

A few night later she had tummy issues starting after 1am...I am not good with this sort of thing and what made it worse was she would announce what it was...1am she said hey, this is the pizza I ate for dinner, at 3am she said look that is the chicken I ate at Epcot and at 4 am she says, I dont know what that is but I must of ate it! It helped get me over the ick factor ..... and as we are worried about her she says, can we go to the pool in the morning?

My kids were 7, 5 and 3, and we had just left our lunch at the Crystal Palace. My 7 year old son said, "that Tigger wasn't the real one, he had a zipper...but that Pooh WAS the real one, he didn't have a zipper." ;)

While walking through Epcot, "When can we go back to Disney?" Anything that has to do with Pooh, (i.e. "Look at the line for Pooh"):laughing:

On our last trip we stayed at BWV. On our first morning my DS who was 3 at the time and I decided to go for a walk around the resort while the rest of the family slept in. As we walked out the door he looked up the the Swan Hotel and said "look mommy, it's Goose Village" I thought I was going to die laughing. That stuck and every time we sat on the balcony that trip we admired "Goose Village."

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter