Funny things kids say at Disney

On our last trip we stayed at BWV. On our first morning my DS who was 3 at the time and I decided to go for a walk around the resort while the rest of the family slept in. As we walked out the door he looked up the the Swan Hotel and said "look mommy, it's Goose Village" I thought I was going to die laughing. That stuck and every time we sat on the balcony that trip we admired "Goose Village."

Soooo cute!!:rotfl2:

DS11 (at the time, he's 22 now) spent a LOT of our trip angry with me because I didn't tell him what Disney was REALLY like. IE: the parks were NOT right next to each other and NOT right next to our hotel. :lmao:

When DS was 2, he saw Spaceship Earth & said, "That's one BIG planet!" So we still call it that. On the same trip, we experienced a tropical storm...just wind, bands of heavy rain & really light crowds. We must have ridden the Winnie the Pooh ride 6 times in a row, off & right back on. On one of the trips back into the line, the rain picked up again. DH started singing, "And the rain rain rain came down down down..." to which DS piped in (without missing a beat) "and Pooh got wet."

The first time that I went to Disney, I was with my family. As we walked down Main Street, my sister, who was 6 at the time, looked up at our mother and exclaimed, "I've been waiting 7 years to come here!!!" We still tease her about that now almost 14 years later. :goodvibes

I have 2:

1. When DD14 was about 5, we went to DHS and she saw our favorite chipmunks, pointed and started yelling to me and DH -- "look, look, it's Chip and Dip."

2. DD and I were at POFQ waiting for my sister and her family to arrive on ME from Minnesota. My 3 year old nephew jumps off the bus, puts his fists on his hips, looks around and pointedly asks "where's Mickey Mouse?"

Last year my 4 year old demanded we sing the Nemo song at Epcot,,we didnt know what he was talking about...he was getting pretty mad after 5 mins of us trying to think and singing songs we thought it might be. I asked him to sing a bit of it for us.. this is what he sang.. "there was a farmer had a dog and Bingo was his Nemo"!!

:rotfl2: That is so adorable! My daughter just said her first word this past week (she's almost 7 months old!) and I just booked today for her birthday trip! I cant wait to take her in a couple more years and hear the things that come out of her mouth... That's just precious though! I don't think I'll ever think of that song the same again!

I had taken my GD down to WDW a few years ago for some alone GD-GM time. She was probably about 8 y/o. Anyway, we were sitting on a bench in AK eating a snack, when a family walked by with two crying (screaming actually) little boys. Both the mom and dad looked to be at the end of their rope. The whole family looked totally exhausted. The smallest little boy was kicking and hitting at his dad. My GD never missed a beat eating her strawberry bar, but looked over at me, grinned, said "Happiest Place on Earth?, I don't think so".

On the same trip we were in line to ride BTMR and had a kid behind us that was about her age. The kid just kept whining and crying about the heat and long line. I mean this kid was REALLY LOUD and obnoxious about it and was old enough to know better. My GD finally turned around and said, "Would you please stop being such a brat. Your parents may have to put up with you, but the rest of us shouldn't have to." I elbowed her and told her to hush. She said, "What? Adults may not be able to tell them their kid is a brat, but I'm a kid like him, so I can." Several people around us started snickering and that little boy's eyes got as big as saucers. His parents looked embarrassed, but finally looked at him and said "she's right, you are being a brat. Shut up!". They then looked at me and said "Wanna swap kids?". :rotfl:

Same trip I never could convince my GD that Epcot wasn't called "Apricot".

Awesome! :rotfl2: Sounds like I could have a lot of fun with your GD! She sounds like I did when I was that age!

I have three from the first time we took my cousin (who turned 9 on the trip). (He was pretty small for his age and definitely not a thrill seeker.)

1. About midway through a very long wait for Splash Mountain he says "Guys, I would kill for a pizza." The people behind us started laughing hysterically and then we could hear people further down the line saying ... there's a little kid up there who'll kill for a pizza.

2. When we got to the front of the line for Splash, he announces "I'm riding in front!" - then looks at me and adds "with you!" I'm a huge chicken, and had never been on Splash before. He spent the entire ride with his head in my armpit! I spent the entire drop screaming!

3. The best would have to be on his birthday night at Epcot when we were watching IllumiNations - he said "This is the best birthday present ever!"

We were dining at CRT when my 5 yr old DS pointed to the Fairy Godmother and said "Look, there's the Magic Mom!" Yes, moms are magic aren't we.

ok this was one the way down but still
DD 3.5 was sitting in her carseat watching a movie. We had been driving a few hours. It was past her bed time and we were approaching a big bridge, next to the bridge there was this huge place lit up (it was like a power plant or something). Anyway out of nowhere she yells, "oh my its Cinderellas castle! Its beautiful mommy." So we messed with her a bit and told her yep this is it this is dinsey world hope you had fun! On the way home we pointed it out to her again and she told us that we were silly for thinking that.

I have 2:

1. When DD14 was about 5, we went to DHS and she saw our favorite chipmunks, pointed and started yelling to me and DH -- "look, look, it's Chip and Dip."

2. DD and I were at POFQ waiting for my sister and her family to arrive on ME from Minnesota. My 3 year old nephew jumps off the bus, puts his fists on his hips, looks around and pointedly asks "where's Mickey Mouse?"

"Chip and Dip" cracked me up!!!:rotfl::rotfl2:

When dd8 encountered Chip and Dale, she had no idea who they were (we don't have cable, and she watches princess DVD's 24/7). They had just arrived outside of Epcot; she went running up to them, gave them both a big hug, and yelled over her shoulder, "Look Mom!!! Fake squirrels!" :lmao:

This just happened the other day, at home, but about disney...

My DD7 got in trouble so I sat her in time out. She stared the whole you're so mean thing..I hate that...anyway, she ends it by stating "and you never take us to Disney World anymore!"

She's been three time and it's been less than two years since she'd been...poor deprived child. :confused3

As we were watching the Star Wars Parade my Seven Year Old Daughter start screaming Chewbacca You Rock! over and over again!! This coming from a Girl who hates Star Wars!

She also keeps calling Grumpy Dumpy so when she was buying the Pins she would say I want a Dumpy Pin or Dumpy waved at me.

Overheard by DH in the men's room near Cape May Cafe:

(Little boy in stall, sitting down while going #1)
"Hey daddy when we are done here can we go..."
(toilet starts to automatically flush)
"Woah.... Wooooooaaaaaah, whoaaaaaaaaaah! BUT I AM NOT DONE YET!!!!!!"
(Child proceeds to lose his mind.)

I've posted these before on other threads, but they continue to stick out in my mind as classics:

Leaving Fantasmic, a worried little boy asked his mom, "In those scary parts, that was a stunt Mickey, right?"

In Adventureland, I was eating orange twist while DH stood by, wearing his monorail hat (I supposed it could look vaguely like wings...it looks like the monorail is driving through your head ala Steve Martin). Little boy runs up to DH, throws his arms around him, and says, "If you're an airplane, I love you!" I think I choked on my ice cream due to laughter.

Not a hilarious remark, but one that I think shows how hard it can be to really explain WDW to a little kid for the first time, and how their reactions can really surprise you.

DS was not quite 2 on his first trip, and really had never spoken more than a word or two; as first-time parents we didn't know that was unusual. He has Asperger's, and really hates surprises, so we always try very carefully to explain how things are going to happen whenever he encounters a new experience. We went to great lengths to try to explain what a theme park ride was, and how long they lasted, and how sometimes it is dark, and how you have to wait for your turn and then wait again if you want to do it a second time, etc., but he was pretty clueless about what the whole experience meant, nonetheless.

Until we got to Spaceship Earth (the previous version, w/ Jeremy Irons.) He stood in line, got onto the ride, rode it, and explored the story stations in the room at the end -- all in total silence. Finally, we had exhausted every possibility and walked outside to find our stroller and continue further into the park. As I was buckling him in, he looked up at me and said, "Mommy, that's really good riding!" It was his first complete sentence.

To this day (10 years later), we tell anyone who asks that Spaceship Earth is "really good riding!"

Last year we went to Akerhaus for breakfast. My 5 year old son was excited to see all of the characters, even the princesses. My 3 year old woke up on the wrong side of the bed that morning and did not want to talk with anyone. So Snow White came over to our table and my 5 year old said, "Hi Snow White, this is Evan my little brother, but you can call him Grumpy today!" The laughter on her face was priceless. Later that day we saw her in Germany and she said, "it looks like your brother is now acting like bashful!" (He was hiding his face from her!) :rotfl2:

Later that week, we ate at LTT with the characters and about 20 minutes later we were walking past the castle where the dreams show was going on. My 5 year old again said, "Mommy there has to be 2 Goofys!" We just ate dinner with him and now he's dancing on the stage - how did he get over here so fast!" :rotfl:

And lastly, we saw Beauty with the Beast in France and when my 5 year old went to get their autograph, he said, "Now Belle why is the beast a beast when at the end of the movie he turned back into a prince!" It was a great question and one I'm glad he didn't ask me! Beauty had a quick response saying that the rose was a magical rose that made the prince change back and forth whenever he wanted!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter