Game of Thrones - Season 8 - NO SPOILERS PLEASE

And that would go back to my first post about Bran potentially Starking it all up. Which would be equally frustrating, if not moreso.

Sorry, but I have no idea what first post you're talking about.

Don't necessarily buy into the idea that the overarching meaning behind the game being played boils down to the actions/reactions/motivations of a single character. IMO this is a collective story.

Sorry, but I have no idea what first post you're talking about.

Don't necessarily buy into the idea that the overarching meaning behind the game being played boils down to the actions/reactions/motivations of a single character. IMO this is a collective story.

You responded to it previously. But anyway, I thought you were trying to allude that the story with the Night King might not be over. Maybe I was wrong in that interpretation. But if that was the case, it is only something that can be the result of actions taken by Bran.

So other than having a hard time seeing the screen I think the episode went pretty much as I expected. As far as who died, If you saw them die, which in the case of the ones who did, there was no question of who they were and how they died. If you were not sure who was dying then it was not a character you cared about much. As far as Bran sitting on the Iron Thrown, not gonna happen, listen to him and what he says, he is not Bran anymore, he is not a Stark, he is the Three Eyed Raven. That means he has a completely different story arc as a result. Many folks don't get that he is a completely different Character now.

As far a thinking more will die, they will, still have three episodes to go. At this point so many things that have happened in the past are now having meaning in the current season, why the Lord of Light kept bringing Barrick back? Why to save Ariya of course so that she could kill the Night King. Remember this if you were disapoointed with last nights episode, the show has never been about defeating the Night King and the Wights, it is about the Iron Throne and who wins at the Game of Thrones. You either win, or you die! They invariably had to end the whole Night King story last night because now the real war starts, the war to determine the winner of the Game of Thrones. And since so many comments, statement, and actions have meaning I am saying it here, either Dany or Jon will have to die before the end of the show. Remember you either win the game, or you die!

Remember this if you were disapoointed with last nights episode, the show has never been about defeating the Night King and the Wights, it is about the Iron Throne and who wins at the Game of Thrones. You either win, or you die! They invariably had to end the whole Night King story last night because now the real war starts, the war to determine the winner of the Game of Thrones.

I couldn't disagree more. I mean if that's the case, it's a move made solely and 100% by the show's writers. It is not canon since the books are literally about the futility of squabbling over a throne in the face of winter coming.

I couldn't disagree more. I mean if that's the case, it's a move made solely and 100% by the show's writers. It is not canon since the books are literally about the futility of squabbling over a throne in the face of winter coming.

I don't believe the show is canon in regard to book storyline -- IMO they diverged quite some time back and for several good reasons. Since we're wrapping up the onscreen saga with only six episodes it seems as if winter fell last night.

While Martin has had large lapses of time between books in the series before I think the current famine may have been bought and paid for. Makes financial sense for the show and the book publisher, vastly different endings and divergent storylines to keep both audiences hooked. Hopefully one of the Lannisters is left standing to pay their debts to book fans by sending some gold to wherever necessary to get the next books on their way pronto. I'd like to find out if Jon survives the treachery of his brothers at the wall, how Dany will survive in the wilderness where her dragon abandoned her, if Tyrion survives his cruise and how much longer I've got to tolerate Ramsey ruling Winterfell.

ETA: The idea that the war with the army of the dead would be won and the Night King be defeated and those in power immediately resume the game absolutely fits the allegory. Things like famine, plague, water to drink, shelter are vitally important to survival and should of course be priorities for those in power. Yet it's more common that issues get attention only when critical and then the powerful go back to their games of remaining in power. It's usually just more of the same for those being ruled and who sits on the throne doesn't really change much about most people's lives.

Last edited:

It was so hard to see. I mean I know it was dark - but it was just very grainy. We couldn’t tell if it was our tv or the way it was shot. We tried with and without lights.

One thing we've discovered that helps with our screen is using these backlights. (not necessarily this brand, but these kind of things) https://www.amazon.com/Backlight-Ma...+back+lights&qid=1556559816&s=gateway&sr=8-13

We've got them behind each tv, and each monitor, and it makes the screens seem, well, brighter and focused.

Ghost was at the very first charge with all the Dothraki running next to Jorah, I was thinking it was stupid he was out there running with the first charge. All the flames went out and i swore I heard a dog yelp and then never saw him again

When Jon was running through the courtyard he saw Sam buried under a pile of wights and could not help him

Gilly got dragged away in the crypt

I'm a firm believer that if you didn't see them die, they're not dead. He's not called ghost for nothing

We had to watch in a dark room the lighting in the episode was so dark. While DH thought that it was a good episode I thought that it was a bit slow and I lost interest. There were predicable deaths, and a few females who kicked butt!

I'm trying to figure out Bran, what will the future hold for him? Is he good or bad?

Wasn't too impressed with Dani, but then I'm not really caring for her character these days. Joran(?) him fighting for her was predictable, but I enjoyed his loyalty. And why didn't she use the dragon fire to wipe out the first few hundred/thousand wights? I kind of felt bad about the Dothraqui (sp?) people riding out to only have their lights go out. Kind of like Whoops!

So other than having a hard time seeing the screen I think the episode went pretty much as I expected. As far as who died, If you saw them die, which in the case of the ones who did, there was no question of who they were and how they died. If you were not sure who was dying then it was not a character you cared about much. As far as Bran sitting on the Iron Thrown, not gonna happen, listen to him and what he says, he is not Bran anymore, he is not a Stark, he is the Three Eyed Raven. That means he has a completely different story arc as a result. Many folks don't get that he is a completely different Character now.

As far a thinking more will die, they will, still have three episodes to go. At this point so many things that have happened in the past are now having meaning in the current season, why the Lord of Light kept bringing Barrick back? Why to save Ariya of course so that she could kill the Night King. Remember this if you were disapoointed with last nights episode, the show has never been about defeating the Night King and the Wights, it is about the Iron Throne and who wins at the Game of Thrones. You either win, or you die! They invariably had to end the whole Night King story last night because now the real war starts, the war to determine the winner of the Game of Thrones. And since so many comments, statement, and actions have meaning I am saying it here, either Dany or Jon will have to die before the end of the show. Remember you either win the game, or you die!
Exactly my thoughts.

YES! There was just so much lead up...WHY continue the symbol from the very first episode with the Umber boy? It just seems too easy and anti climatic. I truly cannot imagine the show actually being about the game of thrones...

Rhaegal didn't die. https://heavy.com/entertainment/2019/04/dragon-rhaegal-live-die-game-of-thrones-season-8-episode-3/

Howland Reed is dead. Died when they were going into the tree way back. Nevermind....that was his son Jojen. Speaking of...why weren't the Reeds at Winterfell?

I think Bronn will show up after this battle and be like 'what happened here' and he will join the Lanister brothers and not kill them.

I got to thinking, and reading this am... then I decided to watch last night all over again... and when the Night King brought back the dead... Rhaegal wasn't among the dead... so I will be adjusting my post to reflect the correct info....

I think that the house's that did not answer the call, will now have to answer, so there will some more man power, Yara and the Iron Islands have already answered, the Reeds, the Glovers that stayed at home.. will have to answer...

I think Bronn is such a wild card... I am hoping that he decides to do whats right... I think he might try.... you know Tyrion, "what ever there paying we will pay more"...

Agreed. The first scene in both the movie and the books (if I'm remembering correctly) revolves around the White Walkers. The quest for the iron throne should be secondary to the fact that winter is coming which only made the battle and the eventual dispatch of the Night King so anti-climactic to me. Of course, they also made the army of the night king so impossible to conquer that maybe they had to take the route they did. If there was something that dark, foggy protracted battle did do, it was to force you to face what appeared to be a war that absolutely could not be won, so I guess the only way out was to have this one fatal flaw (the Night King's demise destroying his entire army) to get out of it.

In all sincerity, I hope it's not really the end of the White Walkers. I know there were fan theories about Bran somehow being the Night King and maybe he becomes the new Night King or something that emerges at the end once the Iron Throne is resolved and Westeros settles back into some form of stability. Is it some vicious cycle of history with this stability and then the eventual rise of a new Night King? Who knows? I'm just throwing out anything to make me feel better about that show last night. :)

I don't believe the show is canon in regard to book storyline -- IMO they diverged quite some time back and for several good reasons. Since we're wrapping up the onscreen saga with only six episodes it seems as if winter fell last night.

While Martin has had large lapses of time between books in the series before I think the current famine may have been bought and paid for. Makes financial sense for the show and the book publisher, vastly different endings and divergent storylines to keep both audiences hooked. Hopefully one of the Lannisters is left standing to pay their debts to book fans by sending some gold to wherever necessary to get the next books on their way pronto. I'd like to find out if Jon survives the treachery of his brothers at the wall, how Dany will survive in the wilderness where her dragon abandoned her, if Tyrion survives his cruise and how much longer I've got to tolerate Ramsey ruling Winterfell.

I am loving the Lady Stoneheart and Nymeria storylines.

I love the books. It has been awhile since I finished the last book out... and I had read them first on my Kindle, but my husband wants to read them and hates the e-readers, so I decided to buy the set and have started re-reading them so I will be ready when the last book(s) finally arrive

I got to thinking, and reading this am... then I decided to watch last night all over again... and when the Night King brought back the dead... Rhaegal wasn't among the dead... so I will be adjusting my post to reflect the correct info....

I think that the house's that did not answer the call, will now have to answer, so there will some more man power, Yara and the Iron Islands have already answered, the Reeds, the Glovers that stayed at home.. will have to answer...

I think Bronn is such a wild card... I am hoping that he decides to do whats right... I think he might try.... you know Tyrion, "what ever there paying we will pay more"...

I think Bronn will try for Jaime and be foiled by Brienne, but Brienne will die as a result, and Jaime will lose it... fight and kill Bronn and thus finally see the light about Cersei

I am loving the Lady Stoneheart and Nymeria storylines.

I love the books. It has been awhile since I finished the last book out... and I had read them first on my Kindle, but my husband wants to read them and hates the e-readers, so I decided to buy the set and have started re-reading them so I will be ready when the last book(s) finally arrive

Stoneheart is a tough storyline for me. I cannot get enough wolf storylines. Fool that I am I was thrilled to see Ghost last night, remain convinced he lives -- and the sparse dialogue and extended moments of quiet found me craning in to listen for Nymeria and her pack roaming in the vicinity of Winterfell, perhaps looking to join the fray.

Sansa and Tyrion... when they were in the crypt, that moment when they were hiding together and he takes her hand... I think that they might or could end up together... not love but mutual respect doing the right thing to bond the kingdoms together... love for family and duty....

When they took out their swords and nodded towards one another as they were hiding in the crypt, I thought they were going to kill themselves. I don’t know why, but it struck me as funny.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter