Game of Thrones - Season 8 - NO SPOILERS PLEASE

First time commenting on here, but I found that to be a pretty disappointing episode. The way the battle was shot was far too disorienting and dark. There were great moments obviously and Arya's move in killing the Night King was awesome, but if nothing else, who the heck would fight that battle that way??? When you have a defensive set up like you have and you are greatly outnumbered, why would you ever send out the Dothraki horde (not to mention Ghost) to certain death? It made for a cool visual scene with the flaming swords being snuffed out, but seriously? These would have to be the most incompetent set of commanders ever. You have DRAGONS. Fire-breathing Dragons. You have the undead masses stopped at your flaming circle, why are you not lighting them up? More flaming bodies to further barricade Winterfell. We know Dany saw that the circle had been lit. Sweep down and light them up, If nothing else it buys you more time. Honestly there were more blunders made in that battle then I can even count and while I'm happy that the vast majority of named characters survived, it seems a betrayal of the Game of Thrones saga that willingly killed off main characters all through the series. The idea of nearly all of them surviving that onslaught is beyond belief. Jorah and Theon were clearly on redemption arcs and their deaths were entirely predictable. There were some individual nice moments, but overall...Just blah.

I get that we had to have some sort of final end to the Night King but there was no real payoff. It just felt like they'd painted themselves into a corner with that story line and decided to just have this massive confusing battle to get it over with and move on to Cersei. After what I thought was a fantastic episode last week setting things up for nearly anyone to die, the fact that all the main characters survived just feels like a cheat. I love fan service as much as the next person, but this was too much.

Wow... for last night...

When Arya and the red woman were talking, and she told Ayra, brown eyes, green eyes ... then said blue eyes... and Ayra takes off... I was like she the one... she's gonna kill the Night King... OMG she going to be the one...to kill him....Go Arya Go!!!! to be honest I thought for a minute we might loose her... one of the best scene of the night for me is when she When she was fighting on the battlement... my DH was like she is a bad-____!

I am really disappointed that Rhaegal did not make it... I was hoping for Jon to ride the dragon named for his father at least one more time... I do think that at some point he will ride Drogon... at least I'm hoping he will...

Jorah death was bitter sweet... he gave it everything... to protect her, she even was fighting along side him, it was such a great scene... it was the perfect death, he fulfilled his pledge, and died with such honor defending his queen... RIP Jorah of House Mormount...

Lyanna Mormount got a hero's death, as well... she fought as bravely as any of the knights fighting...

Theon - he completely redeemed himself... he fought until the end, even talking on the night king... When Bran was telling him he was a good man, and this was his home... It was another bitter sweet moment... redemption was what he was looking for, and he got a honorable death... Another great moment last night....

Sansa and Tyrion... when they were in the crypt, that moment when they were hiding together and he takes her hand... I think that they might or could end up together... not love but mutual respect doing the right thing to bond the kingdoms together... love for family and duty....

Jamie and Breinne - something is definitely going to happen between them.... Please Please Please.... they both made it through...Come on... give them a moment...

Grey Worm and Missandi - I was surprised that he made it through... then I thought about it... he has to command the army when they take Kings Landing...

Jon and Dany... Its going to be interesting... I think that he will tell her that she is still his Queen, and he never has wanted to rule.. I also think that she might find out that she is pregnant or start having some signs that she is... which Jon will want to get married... so we might get a wedding....and a baby...

At some point I think the fact of who Jon really is... will come out... and Dany is gonna loose it and go the route of the mad king...

Arya and Gendry.... I think that when Jon finds out, he will not be to happy about it... There's so many ways that this could play out... - They might be who ends up on the iron throne...

Bran is going to help them figure out how to beat Cersi, and give proof to who Jon really is, maybe Howland Reed will come forward and tell what he knows...

I think that next week ( Episode 4) we will see more planning, and more in kings landing... It will be several months after the battle... and they will be planning the sacking of King Landing...

Yara will have taken back the Iron Islands, and been busy building ships for Dany... She is going to want revenge against Cersi and Euron... so we can pretty much see her...

All the other Lords will have gotten behind Dany, and they will be training...

Ayra might be the one to kill Cersi... using some else face..

Harry Strickland might come into play, the fact that the army is built with nobles son that had nothing to inherit, now they could come home... Varys or Tyrion might be able to sway them... another thought... Harry Strickland might take a Fancy to the "Lady of Winterfell"... you know love can make you do strange things... he could kidnap her or something along those lines...

As well the iron bank might call in the debt... so that could play out... with Varys or Tyrion helping that scenario along...

Bronn.... wild card.... he can go either way...

Episode 5 - will be the battle for Kings Landing...

Episode 6 - will be the out come of the battles, and we will get to see hopefully how everything played out... Sam telling the story of Fire and Ice...

Looking forward to next Sunday night...
Rhaegal didn't die. https://heavy.com/entertainment/2019/04/dragon-rhaegal-live-die-game-of-thrones-season-8-episode-3/

Howland Reed is dead. Died when they were going into the tree way back. Nevermind....that was his son Jojen. Speaking of...why weren't the Reeds at Winterfell?

I think Bronn will show up after this battle and be like 'what happened here' and he will join the Lanister brothers and not kill them.

Last edited:

Spoilers don't include speculation about what may happen and they also don't include discussion on what happened when an episode is aired. Once aired, it's fair game.

I've seen no spoilers in this thread.
The list of people who died in yesterday's episode is definitely a spoiler for those who haven't seen it yet. I suggest the name of the thread be changed.

What qualifies as a spoiler was questioned from the beginning of the thread. Generally if it's aired it's not considered a spoiler. What on earth can people discuss if the entire season is off limits?

Just saying, it could have been discussed without the list of names. Or put them in spoiler format. Dont worry, I wont be opening this thread again.

I have sort of mixed feelings about last night's episodes. Part of me thinks the battle with the dead isn't quite over yet. I too am waiting for the Reeds to re-appear. I hated the Bran/Meera good bye. He sure is an ungrateful three eyed raven lol.

Am also wondering if Dario will come back with the Second Sons to fight for Dany, especially now that she lost all her Dothraki.

I've always hated Dany's character so am really, really hoping she does succumb to her mad side.

I have sort of mixed feelings about last night's episodes. Part of me thinks the battle with the dead isn't quite over yet. I too am waiting for the Reeds to re-appear. I hated the Bran/Meera good bye. He sure is an ungrateful three eyed raven lol.

Am also wondering if Dario will come back with the Second Sons to fight for Dany, especially now that she lost all her Dothraki.

I've always hated Dany's character so am really, really hoping she does succumb to her mad side.

I do think the battle with the dead is done. While I understood last night's redemption for Theon and the end of his journey deserved a piece of the very minimal dialogue, I found it kind of ironic after the way Bran received Meera's goodbye.

I love the music too
Was trying to figure out what was Bran doing when he went into his other world.he was not "saving"helping" anyone........I am confused. Why are they protecting him? What is his purpose?
I need to watch from the beginning - Season 1. I watched all 7 episodes within 2 - 2/12 weeks.........

I also thought it was Gilly being dragged in the crypt........that was intentional to make us think that with a good look alike and short scene.

Bran warged into a raven and then flew around doing absolutely nothing. :confused3

I have a question - what’s with the Red Witch addressing GreyWorm in what seemed to me the words that Jaqen H’Ghar (Valar Morghulis) gave for Arya to use with the coin he gave her to get to Braavos? Or did I mishear? If true - that could explain the look they gave each other when she showed up at Winterfell...

Last edited:
First time commenting on here, but I found that to be a pretty disappointing episode. The way the battle was shot was far too disorienting and dark. There were great moments obviously and Arya's move in killing the Night King was awesome, but if nothing else, who the heck would fight that battle that way??? When you have a defensive set up like you have and you are greatly outnumbered, why would you ever send out the Dothraki horde (not to mention Ghost) to certain death? It made for a cool visual scene with the flaming swords being snuffed out, but seriously? These would have to be the most incompetent set of commanders ever. You have DRAGONS. Fire-breathing Dragons. You have the undead masses stopped at your flaming circle, why are you not lighting them up? More flaming bodies to further barricade Winterfell. We know Dany saw that the circle had been lit. Sweep down and light them up, If nothing else it buys you more time. Honestly there were more blunders made in that battle then I can even count and while I'm happy that the vast majority of named characters survived, it seems a betrayal of the Game of Thrones saga that willingly killed off main characters all through the series. The idea of nearly all of them surviving that onslaught is beyond belief. Jorah and Theon were clearly on redemption arcs and their deaths were entirely predictable. There were some individual nice moments, but overall...Just blah.

I get that we had to have some sort of final end to the Night King but there was no real payoff. It just felt like they'd painted themselves into a corner with that story line and decided to just have this massive confusing battle to get it over with and move on to Cersei. After what I thought was a fantastic episode last week setting things up for nearly anyone to die, the fact that all the main characters survived just feels like a cheat. I love fan service as much as the next person, but this was too much.

I pretty much agree here. I enjoyed the episode from the standpoint of it being very stressful and entertaining but you had to have a very heavy suspension of disbelief to get through it. But at least because of the sheer ridiculousness, we laughed a lot during the episode which helped break some of the tension.

Danaerys was supposed to light the fire trenches with the dragon, but she was so far up in the clouds/snowstorm at the time that she didn't see Davos signaling. The question is why didn't they use the dragonflame more at the beginning to their advantage, and then go off to search for the Night King? Instead we got 30 minutes of J & D bumbling through the air like it's their first time on dragons while Night King is swooping around with ease.

I will say that my chief complaint has little do with the unbelievable logistics of what was portrayed (I mean it's a fantasy show so I can let that go) and more to do with the fact that this whole series supposedly has been about why it didn't make sense to squabble over the Iron Throne when the much larger threat to humanity of the undead army was looming. But the Night King was defeated in 1 episode and next episode we are right back in King's Landing fighting over the Iron Throne.

I have a question - what’s with the Red Witch addressing GreyWorm in what seemed to me the words that Jaqen H’Ghar (Valar Morghulis) gave for Arya to use with the coin he gave her to get to Braavos? Or did I mishear? If true - that could explain the look they gave each other’s when she showed up at Winterfell...

It is a pretty typical Essos greeting.
"All men must die."
"All men must serve."

I will say that my chief complaint has little do with the unbelievable logistics of what was portrayed (I mean it's a fantasy show so I can let that go) and more to do with the fact that this whole series supposedly has been about why it didn't make sense to squabble over the Iron Throne when the much larger threat to humanity of the undead army was looming. But the Night King was defeated in 1 episode and next episode we are right back in King's Landing fighting over the Iron Throne.

Seems like there could be a message there somewhere.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter