Game of Thrones - Season 8 - NO SPOILERS PLEASE

LOL!

And, seriously, in history from the beginning of time all the way to the present, how many times have groups of people followed (sometimes blindly) leaders they thought were wonderful - only to be shown, often after it's too late, that, no, the person really was evil?

(And I'm also laughing... every time you quote me, I suddenly see several typos & misspelled words in what I've written! Oops!!)

Apparently I either know less than Tyrion or I'm drinking too much, because I can't say I noticed any typos enough to remember I saw any.

Who else is cancelling HBO next Monday morning?

Not me. While there are some things that I question, for the most part, I've loved this series. I refuse to tear apart every aspect of the show vs the books. I loved the books, but there were so many characters, I sometimes found them hard to follow. The show has kept me glued to the set every episode. I will be sad to see it end.

My name is Arya Stark. You killed my father. Prepare to die. Rumor has it she's the new dread pirate Roberts.

When Sandor caught up with Cersei and the Mountain, and the Queen's guard attacked him, I was saying, "My name is Sandor Clegane, I have to kill my brother, prepare to die."

When Sandor caught up with Cersei and the Mountain, and the Queen's guard attacked him, I was saying, "My name is Sandor Clegane, I have to kill my brother, prepare to die."

My favorite part of that whole scene (& one of the most not-intentionally funny moments of the entire series) was Cersei slithering by.

Cersei - "Clegane, stay w/ me!"

Clegane smashes Qyburn's head.

Cersei - "Alrighty then. I'm just gonna go then. Y'all don't mind me. Carry on."

My name is Sandor Clegane. You burned my face. Prepare to Die. Whack. MY NAME IS SANDOR CLEGANE YOU BURNED MY FACE, PREPARE TO DIE!!!
HAHAH And of course the Brothers brawl at the Clagene bowl ended much like Deep Space 9 with Sisko tackling Dukat into the fire.

Cercie: Well have at him then. I'll just be down stairs. Ta ta.

Davos and Jon did not enter the city until the Unsullied and Dothraki. They were rally at the back of the frey and only came forward when the last defenders were outside the gate to the red keep. Davos had a sword and did use it after Gey Worm went all vengence and they started killing all the soldiers who had dropped their swords. He then tried to get the innocents out and Dani started lighting it up. Targerions are known for their green eyes. Hence the Millasandra prophesy that Ariya will shut brown eyes, blue eyes and green eyes. She is my odds on favorite to kill Dani. Although for some reason I think Dani is going to keep her one dragon very close just in case someone makes the move.
:sad2: No, no they're not. They are renowned for their purple eyes and never once in all the years since the show started have I ever heard an explanation of why they didn't stay true to this detail in the books. It certainly would have been simple enough to do and the whole "brown eyes/green eyes/blue eyes" thing was not part of the books at all.
Pale horse meaning death is a Christian thing which this show is not. I think the white horse means new life. I could be wrong. I have been so wrong about so much with this show. But usually that's because of me following forums and you tube and articles and the such. When I go with my gut, I usually am close. My gut says Gendry and Arya are it....Arya is the prince that was promised. Jon and Tyrion kill Dany and Drogon and Jon will die too. Davos likely as well. I don't feel tyrion or Sansa will die. Just my gut. Sansa will be warden of the north. Maybe Tyrion will die helping to kill Dany and Drogon. Thinking he is allowing Jon to be the ruler but then Jon will need to help and will die doing it.
My first thought is that it was the horse Khal Drogo gave Daenarys although how that would tie together at this point I don't know. :confused3 And who was that guy riding it at the head of the Queen's army? The camera paid such specific attention to him I was sure he was going to have some significance but if that happened, I missed it entirely.

:sad2: No, no they're not. They are renowned for their purple eyes and never once in all the years since the show started have I ever heard an explanation of why they didn't stay true to this detail in the books. It certainly would have been simple enough to do and the whole "brown eyes/green eyes/blue eyes" thing was not part of the books at all.

My first thought is that it was the horse Khal Drogo gave Daenarys although how that would tie together at this point I don't know. :confused3 And who was that guy riding it at the head of the Queen's army? The camera paid such specific attention to him I was sure he was going to have some significance but if that happened, I missed it entirely.

Originally, they had Emilia Clarke wearing purple tinted contact lenses, but, since it affected her acting, they decided to do away w/ the purple eyes.

And I thought the guy at the front was going to be significant too, but I guess his only significance was to bring in the horse.

Originally, they had Emilia Clarke wearing purple tinted contact lenses, but, since it affected her acting, they decided to do away w/ the purple eyes.

And I thought the guy at the front was going to be significant too, but I guess his only significance was to bring in the horse.
:scratchin All that footage must have hit the cutting room floor because I'm sure she never had purple eyes even in the earliest episodes, neither did Viserys. It was something that always bugged me, actually.

He was Harry Stickland, head of that Golden Company army. He is prominent in the books. Another show fail. His white horse dies though. They showed it blasted to the ground and dead. The white horse Arya got on was shown being ridden by a dothraki near the end...when she was trying to save that morher amd daughter.

He was Harry Stickland, head of that Golden Company army. He is prominent in the books. Another show fail. His white horse dies though. They showed it blasted to the ground and dead. The white horse Arya got on was shown being ridden by a dothraki near the end...when she was trying to save that morher amd daughter.
Total fail. Without one word of dialogue to identify him that connection was completely lost. And the horse business is just confusing and odd. To have given the Arya/horse thing so much screen time felt frustrating; like we were intended to glean some great truth from it - but what?!? At a certain point I thought out loud “Either ride it or don’t but do it quick because this is boring.” :sad2:

I have mixed feelings on the episode. I enjoyed it much more that "The Long Night" episode with the Night King, I was sorely disappointed in Cersei's death. That was one character who needed a rougher death than she got. Very, very disappointed with that scene. I even disliked the Euron scene with Jaime. I was fairly bummed about Varys but I can understand that one a bit more; although I hated to lose the character.

I'm confused about Arya's progression but hopefully the last episode will make it right in my mind. I'm rooting for Tyrion to take control. He's always deserved it in my opinion.

Going back to Dany,I was reading the comments of another posted review of the episode, & someone was protesting Dany's "sudden turn" by saying, all along, the show's writers (by the dialogue, the characters' actions & reactions, by the music even) have wanted us to think of Dany as a heroine & then for Dany suddenly to eviscerate thousands of innocents feels like a betrayal.

However, in thinking about this concept, that's actually the way real life works sometimes. We go along thinking one thing about a person or group of persons, thinking we "know" them, thinking the person is the "good guy," & then something happens, &, suddenly, we realize we were wrong.

Edited to Add - "7 Times GoT Hinted Dany's Mad Queen Turn"

https://ew.com/tv/2019/05/13/game-of-thrones-daenerys-mad-queen/

Dany has been bloodthirsty since season 1, anyone who thought it was a sudden turn hasn't been paying attention.

Total fail. Without one word of dialogue to identify him that connection was completely lost. And the horse business is just confusing and odd. To have given the Arya/horse thing so much screen time felt frustrating; like we were intended to glean some great truth from it - but what?!? At a certain point I thought out loud “Either ride it or don’t but do it quick because this is boring.” :sad2:

He was identified in an earlier episode when the Golden Company came to King's Landing.

Dany has been bloodthirsty since season 1, anyone who thought it was a sudden turn hasn't been paying attention.

Yep, she's always believed the Iron Throne belongs to the Targaryens by right. Once Viserys got "crowned" she's believed she is the absolute rightful queen of Westeros. Now she seems more than ready to eliminate Jon's claim, even if he has no intention of making one.

I keep hearing this but...
She killed people who did bad things to her. Recently, she burned Sam Tarly's father and brother because they fought against her and became prisoners of war and would not bend the knee (they could have and then lived). She saved slaves and children, locking her own children up to keep them from killing innocent children. To go from a firm hand strict type leader to full on murderer of innocent women and children (after the city surrendered) is one hella GIANT leap. If this episode leaves viewers going 'huh' (and it does) then the writers failed to get it across that she is crazy evil or there is more to what she did. I am waiting for the more thing but won't hold my breath. It seemed more planned out though. With Grey Worm where she told him he'd know her cue. She seemed to really contemplate what she was about to do and almost seemed like she would not do it. And now there isn't much of a Westeros left to rise up and promote Jon over her. I sure hope the true story isn't 'well, those townsfolk were the jerks who put evil Cersei in office so they should be punished for their stupidity' all for the greater good type thing...trying to parallel to certain current issues. BIG eye roll to that.

Last edited:
I keep hearing this but...
She killed people who did bad things to her. Recently, she burned Sam Tarly's father and brother because they fought against her and became prisoners of war and would not bend the knee (they could have and then lived). She saved slaves and children, locking her own children up to keep them from killing innocent children. To go from a firm hand strict type leader to full on murderer of innocent women and children (after the city surrendered) is one hella GIANT leap.

Not too giant. There were little tidbits like this one all throughout the show, we were just so focused on the dragons and Dany being a strong woman that we let them slide through without thinking they were foreshadowing:
https://twitter.com/LoganDobson/status/1128001512112701440

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter