Getting to know you

BernardandMissBianca

Rum makes math fun!
Since we have so many new faces around here lately Nancy and I decided to resurrect this thread. So please post about yourself so we can all get to know each other.

ME:
BernardandMissBianca aka Buffy.
I'm 33 years young and I have been married to DH for 14 years on April 24th! YAY! (yes I was 19, no I was not pregnant) :rotfl2:
I'm a SAHD (stay at home DIS'er) and a NAHM (Never at home mom, the kids keep me on the go)
We have 4 beautiful children - 3 boys ages 10, 6, and 5, and one Fairy Princess who just turned 1.
I love to scrap and cross stitch. My goal for this year is to learn how to sew and knit, my mom is teaching me.
I have been scrapping for about 2.5 years now. I have cross stitched for 12 years.

We love Disney and we have been 7 times since 2004.

Hello!

I'm Suzanne. I'm 28, married for almost 5 years. I have 3 stepdaughters - 18, 17, and almost 14. I'm a lifelong Disney addict - this upcoming trip (T-minus 3 days! :woohoo: ) will make lifetime trip #18, #10 as an adult. I've been scrapping for 7 years now, since my first trip back to Disney as an adult. It was kind of off and on scrapping until I discovered these boards, now it's a full-on passion!

P.S. - Happy Early Anniversary Buffy!

Hi!!

I'm Nancy...
Let's see.. where to begin..
I started scrapbooking about a 1.5 years ago..and am totally addicted.. Just asked DH.. he knows if he needs anything he can find me in my scrap area! Sorting through my collection of DIS swap items promising that they will be used!! Also, next to the :laundy: because I'm forever there!!!

I have been married to DH for 11 years now (just celebrated 4/9).. We have
4 princes and a princess.. (2 from his previous marriage but we are always together so I claim them too!)

Let's see.. I'm also a SAHM that is a NAHM! (stay at home but never at home). My kids, DH and I are very active in clubs, sports, and school!

I have been to Disney twice as a child. Twice as an adult.. We took our kids for the first time in 2004 (just missing Buffy, can you believe the luck of that).. we are scheduled to go back in October 2007!!! Yeah!!!

Okay, the dryer is beeping.. off to the next task!!! ;)

ETA: Happy Anniversary BUFFY!!!

ME:
Piratesmate aka Deb.
I'm 54 years old ;) and I will have been married to DH for 32 years on May 17th. (He I was 19 & I was 22.)
I'm a SAHM again. I used to test computer hardware & software, but was unable to find another position after the big IT industry layoffs in 2001 and stopped looking after 3 yrs. ;)
We have 2 wonderful young adults - DS is 26 and DD will be 16 in less than a month.
I love all kinds of crafts, reading light (amusing) mysteries, cooking (collecting recipes) & playing on the computer. Goals? We're supposed to have goals?!?!? :rotfl2: How about to actually get our Disney album done and use some of these supplies I keep buying?
I have been playing-at-scrapping (aka shopping for supplies, doing swaps & gift albums) for about 3 years.

DS, DD & I love Disney, but sadly DH thinks there are other places left in the world to visit so I'm not sure we'll ever get back. He & I went in 1979 and then took 2 trips with the kids - in Aug 1999 & again in May 2001.

Hi! I'm Ann and I'm a swapaholic.

Oh wait, that is another thread.

I am 38, married to DH 11yrs in October. (We eloped to Pigeon Forge) Have 2 DS 8 & 5. I am a SAHM now. Used to be a marketing/computer-go-to person, but have no desire to ever go back to that. I've been collecting scrapbook items for about a year now. I've made a few preschool pages, 2 of my own pages and a few paperbag albums.

I love SciFi, be in the channel or books. I used to be artistic - painting, poems, short-stories, long lovely letters...but all that changed with the arrival of little ones.

I admit to being addicted to swapping scrapbook items and having to get my DIS fix.

I've been to Disney once as a child, once as a single adult and once as a family. DH hates to spend money on vacations, so I'm not sure when we can go back. :sad1:

I'll play--

I'm -em aka Emily when I'm at work. I'm 26 years old and after growing up backwards aka (Had kids, got married, graduated highschool, buried the kids, got divorced, graduated college) I'm now living the dream of working at WDW, where I can be found atleast 5 days a week in a little gift shop.

I do miss going to Disneyland and cant wait to plan my next trip.

Ive been scrapping since I was 13 (so behind for me is currently October of 06) but I am currently burned out on scrapping Disney (as did the MNSSHP have the MVMCP, Christmas in general at WDW, then the PP party etc) and grew up during the Utah domination of the scrap industry (I grew up with Provo Craft, Pebbles Inc and KMA as my stores)

-em

Okay, I'll play.:)

My name is Kathy. I am a 40 yo SAHM but am planning to attend college in the fall. DH and I have been married 12 years (13 on 4/16). We have a DS and a DD. My hobbies are couponing (I'm pretty frugal), scrapbooking, and I like to dabble in photography. I am also a clearance junkie.

We've been to Disney 3 times in the past 2 years and have another trip planned for late June/early July. I never went to WDW as a child. My parents are joining us on our upcomming trip (their first time), so it will be a little more special. Not that any of our other trips weren't special- each trip holds it own magic, right?;)

I'm in.

I'm jennyL aka Jenny. I'm a 32 year old Instrumentation and Controls Engineer who loves scrapbooking and rubber stamping. I made my first scrapbook for my engagement almost 3 years ago. DH and I will celebrate our 3rd anniversary on July 31st. We moved into our first house last June and are still getting it all settled. I have no kids yet but we are in the starting to try phase. I do have a cat Kali and a dog Loki who are a handful themselves.

I've been to WDW 11 times so far and on the DCL 3 times. I have no trips planned this year so far and am completely having withdrawls.

Besides Disney info my coworkers call me the cruise queen or roller coaster queen since I love both and know way to much information about them. I've been on around 12 cruises and countless coasters so I'm a wealth of info on the subjects and they all come to me for information on their upcoming trips. LOL

Hi,

I'm Rebecca. I am 30 years old and have been married to DH for 7 years (8 on 7/3). We have no children. I am a 3rd grade teacher in a rural area. I have been scrapping for just over a year. My other hobbies are knitting, cross stich, and reading fiction.

We live in Florida and have Seasonal passes to Disney (but we are planning on upgrading to APs when we move to Orlando so my DH can go to seminary next year. Our next planned trip to Disney is April 20th (can't wait to meet you NEE). I have been to Disney over 50 times for overnight trips and many more times for day trips. My DHs first trip was 2 1/2 years ago and he was hooked.

Ohh, Ohh, my turn, my turn!!! :cool1: :cool1:

My name is the EVIL ONE!!! :lmao: Aka the STALKER EVIL ONE!!! :lmao: :lmao: aka maria34a aka Maria

I am 42 years old and yes as some of you know a widow for almost 5 years now. I have found a wonderful man who puts up with me!!!! Just like I put up with him!!!! (There must be something there!!!) He has a great son who is 5years old and we have a great time together! Life is good now! I don't have any children of my own, so with Thomas in my life, it just doesn't get any better than this!!! We are in the beginning of Soccer season right now and my Boyfriend is the Coach!!!! and I am Assistant!!!! It's lots of fun! The kids are just too cute!!!! Saturday is our first game and I am so excited for them!!!!

Anyway, I have been scrapping for about 10 years and Rubberstamping for about 3 years. I am totally addicted! Yes I do have a problem, but it's my problem and so what??? :banana: I totally love it!!!! I have cross stiched, but am not really active with it anymore. I pick it up when I want to make something! I started that when I was about 12years old??? Something like that, my mother taught me. I used to do embroydery too. (not sure if that is spelled correctly???) Oh well you get the general idea!!!! I also dabbled in knitting, crochet, rug making and whatever else came along that was crafty!!!!

I work for the Navy as a Secretary for a bunch of Engineers, so you can understand why I need to keep my sanity by cropping!!!! Hee! Hee! (kidding!) (not) Anyway, I have been doing this for about 14 years.

I have been to Disneyland twice as a child and once as an adult. I have been to Walt Disney World once as a child and several times as an adult. Just recently went after my husband died and stayed with my mother at the Fort Wilderness Campground and had the best time! It was like being there by myself, they just left me alone and I was in the parks from opening til closing! I had the best time of my life!!! I was a kid again for a whole week!!! My mother said to me what the heck are you doing all day???? And you seem so happy??? I told her I was having the time of my life!!!! I was literally running on adrenaline all week!!! I actually forgot to eat most of the time I was having so much fun!!!! :rotfl2: It was all good though, I really needed it after all I had been through. It was a HUGE Stress reliever!!! I remember one night I could barely walk cause I had been on my feet all day and it was 3am and it was all I could do to get back to the camper!!!! :rotfl: I didn't care though, I just did it again the next day!!!! :rotfl: Oh well!!!! The Mouse was calling!!!!:yay: :yay:

Now I can't wait to bring little Thomas and share that feeling with him! :yay:

I'm so glad you started this thread....since I'm one of the new ones here.

Hi...my name is Lettie and I've been married for 22 years going on 23 this May. I have two kids..dd how will be 13 on April 20 and ds who just turned 10 years old. We are all so addicted to Disney...we try and go every two years. I grow up in Michigan and moved to Oklahoma about 20 years ago. I've been scrap booking since I was about 16 years old. My mom keeps telling me I have way too many scrap books! i really don't think that's possible! I just started swapping with all of you and have enjoyed it so much! Also we just got back from a DCL vacation, which was over spring break. i thought I was just about caught up with all my pictures and here I go again....200 pics to scrap!

I think that's it for now....
lettie

Isn't it amazing how much you can learn about others, even those of us who have been here for a while! This is FUN!

I'm KAMommy - Cherie (mom of K & A). I am 38 and have been married to DH for almost 17 years. This November will be the 20th anniversary of our first date - we remember the day because our first date was a Friday the 13th!

I am a former tax accountant, and now I am a controller for an architectural firm and a real estate development company (my hubby owns a part interest in both). I laugh that my un-official title is office mommy.

I have two munchkins, DS 12 and DD8. They are the best, even if I do say so myself.

I love cross stitching, reading (mostly trash, nothing I have to think about too much) and scrapping. I am addicted to bad television!

I haven't been scrapping very long, but I love it. And I love swapping with the others on this board. I scrap each vacation and I made my first family album for 2006.

I have been to WDW once as a teenager and 11 times as an adult (since 2001).

Whew!

Hi! :wave:

I'm Mickster (aka Karen). I'm 36 years old and have been married to DH for 12 years (will be 13 on 7/2). I have 2 kidlets (DS who will be 7 in May and DD who will be 4 in June). I was once a Chemical Engineer, an Office Manager and a Chemistry teacher (though, not all at the same time :rotfl: ), but now I am a SAHM. I occasionally substitute at DS's school. That is fun. I also have a small business of making invitations, announcements and cards called Karen's Papers. Keeps me out of trouble and earns me a little bit of money to buy more paper!! My DH is so proud. :)

I have been scrapbooking for 10 years or so. I actually went to a CM party and didn't bring money because I didn't think I wanted to "waste my time". Little did I know that I would still be keeping books. Of course, that was all before kidlets and I had A LOT more time, energy and money. :)

I like to read books too. As if there were enough minutes to do that though.

My name is Hope, I am 31, and will be married to DH 9 years on the 4th of July. We just had our 12 year "dating" anniversary April 4th. That's kind of how we ended up getting married of the 4th of July. We first thought April 4th, but I originally wanted to get married outside, and it would have been too rainy. So I was looking at the calendar, and the next Saturday with a 4th was July. What sealed the deal was reading "WDW for Couples" and they quoted a price for MK fireworks for wedding at $15,000. I joked, we could get the fireworks, at home, for free if we got married on the 4th of July, so we did!

We both have degrees in Aeronautical & Astronautical Engineering, but my last quarter of senior year, I decided that this wasn't what I really wanted to do. So I took a year off to figure out what I did want to do, and that has turned into almost 10 years of being a SAHW (wife, no kids).

My first Disney trip was to Disneyland when I was 4. Growing up, we went once every 5 years. In 1995, my college friends took a spring break trip to DL and that rekindled my Dad's interest in Disney, so that fall we made our first trip to WDW (I was 19). We went back 2 years later, as a college graduation present (DH got to come too, even though he was only DF then). Since then my Mom got a job at the Disney Stores, Disney sold them, so my parents retired to Florida 2 years ago, and my Mom works at the MK now, so I have been to WDW 7 times in the past 7 years. DH and I, 3.5 years ago moved from WA state to Arizona, so we are about 6 hours from DL so we can go there frequently too, although it has been a whole year since I've been there last. Next Disney trip, is the DCL Transatlantic Repositioning cruise, which leaves in ONE MONTH party: and then I can be done with my self-imposed shopping, and therefore swapping freeze.

I started scrapping, 9 years ago. I did our graduation trip to WDW. And then it took me 7 years to finish our honeymoon trip! I've gotten faster now, and I credit this board. Swapping has kept my creative juices flowing. Scrapping has been a good outlet for my creativity, because I've felt that there was an artistic person in side of me that just couldn't get out (can't draw, paint, etc). I once failed art, if you can believe it. I've cross-stitched since my aunt gave me a little kit for my 12th birthday. Mostly, I do the Disney Stoney Creek kits, my friends gave me the Self-Portrait as a Christmas gift after that spring break trip to DL. I am currently working on the Mickey and Fireman.

Finally, home from work so I can post!!

I'm StitchIsOurHero or SIOH (which is much easier to type!) aka Brooke :) . I'm 30 years old, and I have been married to my wonderful DH for 7 years (8 in December). We haven't been able to have kids yet. . .that may happen, it may not--:confused3 . For right now though, we just have a blast together--I guess we're just big kids ourselves! We have 3 dogs (Buster, Keaton & Lucy) and 2 cats (Fish & Maggy). It's like my own little Animal Kingdom!

I'm a high school guidance counselor in the town where I grew up (about 30 miles south of where we live) in a very rural area (amazingly enough, where KAMommy grew up, too. . .we just didn't know each other yet! ;) ). It is a CRAZY job--some days crazier than others--but at least there's never a dull moment! My dream is that one day DH will get a job close to WDW and we can move down there, so I can work there part-time.

I started scrapping 8 years ago as a way to bond with then-future-MIL. The love of scrapping stuck--the bonding, we're not too sure about! :rolleyes: I love it! I do a family album every year (starting with when we started dating), and I do an album for each of our vacations--I'm behind, but you know, it's ok! I'll get there! I'm also a swapaholic--admitting you have a problem is the first step, right?

I am Disney-obsessed! I am one of those crazy people who has something Disney on every day at work. People just shake their heads! :rolleyes1 I went to WDW twice as a child (not a good experience--middle of July, horrible crowds, my dad doesn't do crowds well, you get the idea). In college, I worked for the athletic department, and I went to WDW as part of 2 bowl trips to babysit the coaches' kids (the ONLY way I ever got on TOT). DH & I have been to WDW 8 times together, since 2002. We are going to the parks a couple of days and then to Vero Beach in June. We were supposed to get to go in October '07 with KAMommy & crew (we vacation with them a lot!), but due to DH's crappy work (just found this out today), we can't. Someone took his week. So, we're going to try to go in September for our 10th trip together--and maybe con my parents into going to show them the "magic" of WDW!

If I'm not scrapping or doing work I carried home from work, I'm watching "Gilmore Girls", "Law & Order" (any of them--that's where the Dun-DUN in my tag comes from) or "CSI" (again, put CSI in the name, and I'll watch it. I also love reading, when I get time.

Ok, that's a big novel--more about me than you ever wanted to know!!

ETA: Hope, I failed art in middle school! My mom taught Language Arts at that school, and the art teacher told her that I had "absolutely no" artistic ability. My scrapbooks aren't the most detailed or beautiful, but when my mom sees them, she says "Would you like to go show these to Mrs. What's her name to show her that you did do something artistic?" :rotfl2:

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY, BUFFY!! :love:

Ok. I forgot to add this. I can't believe I forgot to add this. I guess I need more sleep.

I love Disney! Mickey especially, but all things Disney. As you can tell from my signature (imagine Vanna showing it to you, big sweeping gesture...), I have been 14 times. We had our honeymoon there. My kids have been 4 times already (and my DD isn't 4 yet!) I have helped plan trips for most of my friends. Did I mention that Mickey is my favorite?

I think that is it now. Sorry. Now back to the folks that have a clue...:magnify:

Such fun to get to learn a little more about everyone I keep posting with. We have names? Really?!?!

I'm Joy. I'm 27 and I've been married to DH for almost 5 years. We're expecting our first baby, a boy, sometime around June 1st. If he takes after me, it'll be the first, taking after DH, either way early or way late so who knows. I'm a special education teacher in elementary school and DH is a full time student and part time paramedic. Keeps us both busy but is going to make fall semester crazy while he finishes up and I go back to work.

I've been scrapping for about three years now, after resisting for a long time. I knew I'd go broke once I started. ...I was right. Too many pretty papers, too little time. What can I say. I'm weak, no willpower.

I went to Disney twice as a kid and loved it. DH and I have been three times now, two week long trips and a whirlwind holiday weekend. Now, hmm. As soon as there's money I see another trip in our future.

Great idea for a thread!

I'm Michelle, I'm 31, and my DH and I have been married for 5 years. He is a fulltime firefighter in the city where we live and he also owns his own electrical contracting business which keeps both of us pretty busy. I have a Master's degree in Reading and Language and was a teacher for 9 years. I became a stay at home mom in the fall to our 2 1/2 year old son. I'm not sure which job requires more patience!

I am also Disney obsessed. In the past year I have been to WDW 4 times, including 2 Disney Cruises. Our APs actually expire this Saturday, and I am heading into a downward spiral of depression ;). Luckily we are going back this September for a week long cruise and some time at WDW, so there is some hope for me!:)

I am a pretty shy and reserved person as I'm sure you've guessed from my 300 posts in about 5 years!

I have been scrapping for about 7 years and am addicted to swaps. I love to see everyone's different ideas. You are all so creative!

ok i will join. Excuse the spelling - playing scrabble gives me hives!!!
My name is Jennifer or Jen (NEVER JENNY only my father can get away with that - and a dear friend who passed away from breast cancer use to call me that)- I am 32 years old. I have been married for 10years (11 in July. We eloped (and no I wasnt pregnant) and got married in front of niagara falls :love: I have two wonderful boys, a just turned 5yr old on monday and a 18month old. I have been crafting forever. I love to scrapbook, quilt, sew, machine embroider, make soft sculptured dolls, a little knitting,- if its crafty - i will try it!!! I guess i am a Jennifer of all things crafty - a master of none.
I am addicted to reality tv (survivor, amazing race) and LOVE PRISON BRAKE (the guys on that show are HOT!:happytv: ) I am a clincial social worker working with people with mental retardation and other specail needs. I LOVE IT!!! I run theraputic groups on sexuality, bereviment, anger management, communication, womens topics, and many other topics. I also see people indiviually and with familys for therapy.
I love to travel (dont get to too often) and I love everything DISNEY. My husband accuses me on brainwashing our children on disney. He is not much of a disney fan:scared: I KNOW WHAT YOUR THINKING - and unfortunately there are people out there who dont LIVE-and BREATH Disney. :confused: THere is still time to brainwash (I mean encourage him) into loveing disney.
I have been to disney at least 15 times. We would go almost everyother year when i was a child (my dad is a disney freak like me) and i have been several times as an adult. My 5yr old has been twice and my 18month old celebrated his first birthday there in september.
Anyway --- thats me.
Jennifer

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter