Getting to know you

Welcome everyone!!!

Cathy your DD is going to love Georgia Tech. DH id from Atlanta and we lived there after he got out of the Navy. We lived near UGA-Athens for a few years.

She has to try Varsity Hot Dogs if she ever gets the chance!!! They rock!

I'm looking forward to visiting too! One of my first thoughts when she told was that it's closer to wdw (she loves wdw too).

It's really fun reading all the pieces about everyone, isn't it?

I'm looking forward to visiting too! One of my first thoughts when she told was that it's closer to wdw (she loves wdw too).

I love learning new stuff about everyone.

When you go visit you have to go to Underground Atlanta and Stone Mountain.

Good Morning!
I finally have a few minutes, so I can post. My other names include: Shawna, Mrs. L; Mom; Dear; Hay you! I turned 32 last week! I've been married to Bruce for almost 9 yrs. Our anniversary is next week! We have two beautiful children, Ryan and Ansley.
We live north of Atlanta. I am orginally from Florida, so I have been to the world over 40 times. My most memoriable trips where my first at 5- I still get teary eyed when I walk down Main Street. My parent, grandparents and siblings all walked down Main Street together. Our honeymoon- because I converted DH. He had been to the world a few times with his parents, but they where really bad trips. This last December we took our kids for the first time- the look on their faces when we walked down Main Street was priceless! I'm so glad that I can share these experences with my kids.

I've made one trip to Disneyland. In April of 2001, we went out west for Spring break. We did not plan to go to Disneyland, but I got my way and we spent one day there. It was fun- I think I liked seeing where it all started, but I really love WDW because I have a connection to the past there. My grandparents and my father has all passed away, so I think I feel connected to my childhood when I'm there.
I've been scrap booking for about 9 years now. I started with our honey moon- it was before you could find stuff every where. I have been swapping for about two years now. I have hosted a few swaps. They are fun to host. I have recently coverted our friend to swapping- I think her husband is going to limit our play time soon!
I get to read everyday, which I love, but I always reading the same books!

That is me in a nutshell,
S :)

I love learning new stuff about everyone.

When you go visit you have to go to Underground Atlanta and Stone Mountain.

I would only go to Underground during the day and with a large group- it is a scary place! We love Stone Mountain and the Varsity! What ya haven!

Cathy,
If they ever need anything, please let me know! I'm just north of the city, but we are down there all the time.

I would only go to Underground during the day and with a large group- it is a scary place! We love Stone Mountain and the Varsity! What ya haven!

I'll have a dog all the way, onion rings and 2 PC's please!

And yes only go to Underground in the daylight! But it is sooo cool to look at.
We are trying to go to Stone Mountain for 4th of July this year.

Thanks Mickeyteacher for the offer and to you both (BMB) for the sightseeing advice.

You guys have me planning the trip already! My dd is starting to look for a job and is a little bit scared of the change but also very excited. But what are PCs?

Cathy

I'll go next, I suppose.

I'm Laura. I'm in Columbus, GA -- about 90 minutes south of Atlanta. I am a marketing analyst for a major corp HQ'd here. My DH is a HS teacher, of Physics, Astronomy, Computer Science. We were in Colorado last week for him to win an award from the Astronaut Memorial Foundation/Space Foundation. He is a major NASA nerd. My DD is 7 (as of this past Friday -- Happy Birthday, Baby Girl). She is in the first grade, and having CRCT tests this week. She is into horses, acting, and reading -- along with the things I like (see below).

My hobbies are Disney (about 15 trips to the World and 2 to the Land) in DD's life -- two in February this year, Scrapbooking (recently found swapping and love doing it but I really need to start actually USING what I've gotten from the amazing women here), and Harry Potter (saw I'm not the only one here, so that's nice). I'm 38 years old (39 in July) and I've been married 9 years (10 over Columbus Day *wonder if I can get DH to go to Disney*).

I think that's about it. :banana:

and Harry Potter (saw I'm not the only one here, so that's nice).

No you are not the only one!!!! I am a major Harry Potter fan!!!! I have all the books and movies and even the books about the books!!! Yeah, I am a geek!!! I just love the series and I am soooooooo upset that we are getting the last book!!!!!!! I want it to just go on and on!!!!! Course I have read all the books in one day or less!!! I buy them and suck them all in as fast as I can!!!! It's awful!!!! I have read them at least 2 or 3 times each! I even had a soft cover version that I gave away to a little boy who didn't have the set!!! I figured EVERYONE NEEDS to read Harry Potter!!!! :lmao: I have to start reading it to my boyfriends little boy soon!!!! He will really like it!!!! He just started watching the movies! :woohoo: I want to wait until he is just a little older though, he is only 5 right now, I want his attention span to be a bit longer so he remembers and retains.

I love Harry Potter too! Usually I reread the whole series before the new book comes out, you know, just to get that feel again. I have two sets of 1-4 as I bought them from a yard sale for $2. I couldn't resist, just in case someone needed them. How can the series be ending? Part of the fun was in the anticipation.

Do you all have the new book pre-ordered?

Hi, I'm Wendy. I'm 42 years young, single, no kids (which makes me a SINK - right! LOL), but I have 3 furbabies (all dogs - Gilly is a 14 yo Schipperke, Tippy is a 10 yo Schauzer mix and Molly is a 4 yo Beagle) who keep my company. I've worked for the same company for over 16 years as a Customer Service Rep. Love the job & hours (and the fact that I can be on the net at work is another bonus) and it's only 6 miles from my house.

I love to go to WDW - I'm very excited with this trip in just a few days since it will be my first vacation with both of my parents since 1985! My dad is a real "stay at home - who'll watch the dogs??" kind of dad. I'm hitting Guest Relations first thing on Saturday to get him a "First Visit" button! I love to Scrapbook and have converted my 2nd bedroom at my house into my scraproom. My best friend and usual travel buddy, Sharon, also scraps and has dogs, so on several days in the month there is the two of us scrapping and 5 dogs running around!! She is watching my brood while we're gone on this trip. My other favs are: movies, TV (24, Lost, Heroes, The Amazing Race, Veronica Mars and Supernatural), reading (mainly mysteries) and travel in general. And I'm a big Harry Potter fan too - looking forward to the new book (kind of - will be sad) and new movie this summer.

Hi, I'm Wendy. I'm 42 years young, single, no kids (which makes me a SINK - right! LOL), but I have 3 furbabies (all dogs - Gilly is a 14 yo Schipperke, Tippy is a 10 yo Schauzer mix and Molly is a 4 yo Beagle) who keep my company.

Ok, I am 42 years old too, and single with no kids, so does that make me a SINK too??? Only problem is I don't know what a SINK is!!!!! :lmao: Last I knew you washed dishes in it!!!! :rotfl: :rotfl2: :laughing: Kidding... Anyway, Wendy, can you please tell me what it stands for???? Ppplllllleeeezzzeee!!!!!! I have 2 furbabies too!!!! One doggie named Bella and one kitty named Spooky!!! My doggie is 5 yrs old and my kitty is 6 mos old! Very amusing too!

And I'm a big Harry Potter fan too - looking forward to the new book (kind of - will be sad) and new movie this summer.

I have the book on pre-order!!!!! and yes it will be sad because it is the last... :sad1:

Hi,
I'm Barb.....I live near Cincinnati, Oh.
I have two grown sons and just two weeks ago became a Grandma for the first time. I work as a nanny.

My favorites are: Reality TV, Grey's Anaomy and ER.
Movies...Disney Movies of course, Wizard of OZ, Shawshank Redemption,
Lord of Rings trilogy, Star Wars Trilogy and Harry potter.

I collect Wizard of OZ and Tinkerbell. pixiedust:

I have been scrapbooking for about 10 years now.
Currently working on our last Disney trip, I also make Wizard of OZ scrapbooks and sell them.
Guess my next one will be a baby book...

Looking forward to some swaps and learning from everyone here.

BArb

We just watch all four movies again, getting ready for the next movie release....can't wait for the next book and your all right, kinda sad to see it end, just like it was for Lord of the RIngs. Just can't get enough of them.

I listen to the books on CD in my car and just listened to Half Blood Prince again, the next book will be the best one I think...right now my fav is Order of the Phoenix.

BArb

Ok, I am 42 years old too, and single with no kids, so does that make me a SINK too??? Only problem is I don't know what a SINK is!!!!! :lmao: Last I knew you washed dishes in it!!!! :rotfl: :rotfl2: :laughing: Kidding... Anyway, Wendy, can you please tell me what it stands for???? Ppplllllleeeezzzeee!!!!!! I have 2 furbabies too!!!! One doggie named Bella and one kitty named Spooky!!! My doggie is 5 yrs old and my kitty is 6 mos old! Very amusing too!

I have the book on pre-order!!!!! and yes it will be sad because it is the last... :sad1:

Does SINK mean.... SIngle.. No Kids.. like when you place an "ad" in the paper?

Does SINK mean.... SIngle.. No Kids.. like when you place an "ad" in the paper?

Not sure!!! But she is keeping me in suspense!!!! We will just have to make our own term-in-ol-igy on this one until MissBubbles reappears!!!! :rotfl:

Could mean Single In Need of Kink? :rotfl2: :rolleyes1
Single In Need of Kids? :confused3
Swapper In Need of dieKutz! :woohoo:

Can't think of anymore!!!! Maybe you can come up with some more!!!! :lmao:

I work with a self proclaimed "DINK" - Double Income No Kids

So I'm thinking a "SINK" is Single Income No Kids :confused3

Sorry you guys...didn't mean to confuse all with SINK. I figured DINK (double income - no kids) for the married why can't I be a SINK!?!

Getting a little stressed now. Why I always think I need EVERYTHING and I do mean EVERYTHING little to take on a road trip is beyond me. I have a plastic tub for my clothes, a separate one for shoes & hats (I'm way to obsessed with "looking good" - especially for pictures and I'm nowhere near a Diva), a small one for cameras, film & batteries (I have a bad habit of either loosing or breaking a camera on vacation - current total is 4) so I'm bringing both digital cameras, a 35mm point & shoot and 2 disposible cameras, a tub for snacks & games (travel Outburst, travel Bingo, a clipboard with the License Plate game,
Slug Bug and a new one "Slam, Bam, Dodge Ram"), a cooler, a tub with cassettes for the van, a roll of paper towels & Windex in case it's Love Bug Season, toilet paper for those rest stops where there are none, Kleenex, wetwipes, clothespins, trash bags, baggies........

My mom asked me last night if there was room for her & my dad in the van! At the rate I'm going, they may have to ride on the roof!! :lmao:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter