Getting to know you

Guess I didn't mention that I am too tv obsessed. Of course my tag tells you so. I watch way too many shows and it requires two Tivos to get through my week. This year I did make my self narrow it to only recording two shows at a time since in past years I would also use the VCR and possible watch a show at the same time.

At the beginning of each season I make a spreadsheet of what comes on when and which Tivo its set to. My DH thinks I'm nuts but he does look at it until he can figure out when his shows are on. LOL

You know what is strange???? On some Disney Dimension!!!! We are all the same!!!! It's kinda scary!!!! :lmao:

However, I DO LOVE to READ. I actually have a small library in my house.

I have a small library in my house too!!!! I love to read! My problem is when I start a book, I have to finish it that day... I am bad, I read so fast, I will buy a book and actually finish it the same day I start reading it! Doesn't matter what time, I just can't put them down. It's awful! I have to limit myself, or nothing will ever get done around the house!!!! :rotfl:

I also talk about everyone on here, like I know them. He just shakes his head. Like who are these people? I say ya know, this one, and that one...... he don't get it.
So that's my story......

I do this all the time!! I'm so glad to hear I'm not alone! My dh just shakes his head and walks away!

lettie

I have a small library in my house too!!!! I love to read! My problem is when I start a book, I have to finish it that day... I am bad, I read so fast, I will buy a book and actually finish it the same day I start reading it! Doesn't matter what time, I just can't put them down. It's awful! I have to limit myself, or nothing will ever get done around the house!!!! :rotfl:

OMG! we are long lost twins!!! :lmao: I am the same way.... lengthy books can be dangerous.

OMG! we are long lost twins!!! :lmao: I am the same way.... lengthy books can be dangerous.

I can never put down a book. In fact I just coached our school team in a battle of the books. We lost :sad2: but the kids tried hard and didn't have as much preparation as the other school but we will get them next year.

Rebecca

Oh how I wish I had time to read! It seems the only books I am reading these days are Junie B. Jones and Dr. Seuss!! :lmao:

Me too, especially trashy romance novels. I have to finish even at 2am.

I also talk about everyone on here, like I know them. He just shakes his head. Like who are these people? I say ya know, this one, and that one...... he don't get it.
So that's my story......

I do this all the time!! I'm so glad to hear I'm not alone! My dh just shakes his head and walks away!

lettie

Some of our kids have dubbed us imaginary friends. MY DH does the eye roll and the yeah...ok..... then walks away! I'm like hey could be worse, I could be talking to a bunch of guys on the internet! I don't tell him there are guys here SHHH

If you want some really good lengthy bodice rippers Diana Gabaldon's Outlander series. WOW!!! :faint:
http://www.cco.caltech.edu/~gatti/gabaldon/

Me too, especially trashy romance novels. I have to finish even at 2am.

Some of our kids have dubbed us imaginary friends. MY DH does the eye roll and the yeah...ok..... then walks away! I'm like hey could be worse, I could be talking to a bunch of guys on the internet! I don't tell him there are guys here SHHH

If you want some really good lengthy bodice rippers Diana Gabaldon's Outlander series. WOW!!! :faint:
http://www.cco.caltech.edu/~gatti/gabaldon/

I'm not into romance novels, I am into the serial killer stuff!!! :rotfl2: What else could the EVIL ONE be into!!!! :laughing:

Let's see... I'll jump in to...

RealMickeysGirl - aka Sandy. I've been married to RealMickey (Mickey) for 21 years but we have been together for 27 years. We don't have any kids, thought we would but it never happened and I don't want to start now - not at 47 years old!!

We have two furry purry children at the moment - Emmie, 7 years old, and Eva, 6 years old. We also have my dad's dog, Teddy, with us. My parents are currently living with us while my dad gets over a stroke he had in September 06. I have a MySpace blog that charts his progress if anyone is interested - pm me and I will send you the link - I can't remember if it is ok to post links here or not.

I do computer junk all day - Oracle and MS/SQL Database Administrator for those who want to know but most people don't know or care what that is which is why I usually tell people who ask what I do that "I do computer junk all day".

DH is a photographer for the local newspaper - and a very good one if I do say so myself!

I love reading Sci-Fi, Laurel K. Hamilton is my current favorite author though - love those Anita Blake novels, Ann George's Southern Sisters Mysteries are another favorite, Harry Potter of course, some mysteries, some horror, some fantasy, have read most of the Robert Jordan "Wheel of Time" series.

As far as music goes, I like classic rock, alternative, celtic, some new age. I have several tv shows that I like to watch each week - NCIS, Criminal Minds, Medium, My Name is Earl, The Office, The Riches, Monk, Psych, Dr. Who, and others that I can't remember the names of right now. I also like to watch discovery channel and learning channel.

DH and I both grew up in MS - different cities - our high schools were kinda rivals. We went to the same Jr College and Sr College. I got my associates degree in fine arts and my bachelors in computer science. I also took art classes all 4 years of high school.

I have made scrapbooks all my life but I didn't start putting photos into them until college. I was a CMC from 1994 to 1999 but my duties at work changed around the Y2K scare and there was a possibility of unplanned overtime so scheduling classes was difficult - never knew if I was going to have to cancel at the last minute and I didn't think that was fair to my customers so I got out. I keep thinking that I may do it again when I retire in a few years.

I make a lot of scrapbooks for other people - sorority presidents, retiring co-workers, family members, etc. A friend of mine recently told me that I needed to work on a book that i will actually get to keep so that is what I am doing now - working on our Dec 06 Magic cruise scrapbook.

I love swaps and I have participated in a fair few since I have been coming to these boards - I don't even look at the swap section now because I don't have time to make anything and if I don't look, I can't sign up. I put all the stuff I got into a 12X15 CM book so I can flip through it when I need something and actually use the swap items on my pages.

I have one brother who is married and living on Vancouver Island in BC. He and his wife were recently here for a nice visit. Wish they lived closer. My in-laws moved here after Katrina and I really like having them so close. I guess i am lucky in that I really get along well with my in-laws.

Technically, my parents still life in MS but honestly, I don't know if they will ever be able to go back to their house. Dad is recovering slowly but I think his wabblyness and his loss of hearing (much worse than before the stroke) may keep them from it. He was my mom's primary caregiver as she has severe arthritis in her knees and spine and has trouble getting up and moving around. I have been looking at retirement appartments here just in case they can't go back to their house.

I have enjoyed reading everyone's bio's and can't wait to see more.

Sandy

So nice to run into so many other readers. As you can tell by my tag, I'm deeply addicted to the printed word. My DH and I have had the makings of a library since we met and actually had a library in this house until I realied we'd need somewhere to keep the baby's crib. Now, the library has been spread all over the house. Or, I guess I should say, spread over even more of the house. It's official, I don't have any rooms without books, and only the bathrooms are bookshelf free. At least the kitchen contains only cookbooks. When my sci-fi and fantasy starts to compete with the spices for shelf space, I'm in trouble.

Hi all, I am 32 yo a SAHM. Have a degree in graphic design. Just started doing digital scrapbooking. I never could get going with the traditional paper scrapbooking. I love to do all kinds of other crafts though. Sew a little bit, polymer clay, card making, crochet, and knit a lot. I just learned to knit this last October and I started a local knitting group in Jan. It is so fun. I made a lot of Tshirts for our trip last year and will probably make a few this year. Ds will have a bday during our trip so I have to think up a good one for that. I also love to read, but hardly do it anymore. Mostly just HP and some romance but, the classics are my fav.

Hi everyone,

Well, go out of town for a couple of days and look what happens:)

My other name is Cathy, 48 soon to be 49. Married to Brad for almost 3 yrs. We have two beautiful fur babies, our two dachsunds, Phoebe & Gretchen. Gretchen was rescued and has been a bit of a struggle but we love her.

This is my 2nd marriage and I have two wonderful daughters 24 & almost 26. DD 24 is getting married in December but in August she's moving with her fiancee to Atlanta as he's just gotten admitted in the Grad school at Georgia Tech. It's closer to wdw but too far away from me! DD 26 moved to Detroit via Portland, OR last summer and while I miss my trips to Portland, it's great to have her closer.

I'm the director of retention programs at a local university. I really enjoy my job - I work closely with students and I love seeing them suceed though I hate losing them when they graduate. I also teach occasionally for the English dept and SPEA.

Hobbies: Scrapbooking is fairly new - I started when I wanted to make my Dad something different for his 80th birthday and found I liked it, plus I was getting jealous reading the Scrapbooking board here. You all sounded like you were having so much fun that I had to join in. I do some jewelry making but haven't picked it up lately, except for buying pretty beads.

Reading about all the readers here made me wonder if we could some kind of book swap, maybe list some books we would share or swap. Any thoughts? I read a lot, depending on my mood: mysteries, often cozies (right now I'm reading Laura Childs and Sarah Graves), SF & F (favorites Mercedes Lackey and Ann McCaffrey, British novels, Harry Potter & Tolkien and lots of others. I have several Robert Jordan's that I haven't gotten to yet but he's on my list. And yes, as my tag says, occasionally I enjoy the bodice ripper.

I also collect children's books and Brit Lit from the 1940s & 50s. My other collection is my tea pots, all kinds but especially Hall pottery.

Oops, I almost forgot WDW. I love going there. It makes me feel like I don't have a care in the world. It makes me smile and laugh and feel happy. Sound familiar anyone. I've only been 8 times and I think I've converted my dh who had never been there until he met me.

TV - addicted to decorating shows and I'm embarrassed to say, Reality TV. But I did watch Boston Legal the other night for the first time and I think I need to add that. Usually I watch tv while I read, scrapbook, or sit at the computer.

I think I went on to long. Sorry if I got carried away.

Oh how I wish I had time to read! It seems the only books I am reading these days are Junie B. Jones and Dr. Seuss!! :lmao:

oh my...that's me to a t! i wish i had time to read and when i do it's dr.seuss or some other scholastic book. my ds loves for us to read with him. he is the one that has the library in the house. his bookcase is completely full and then has them stacked on the side. really!

although, i did read the book my secret sister sent me!!! it was so great too!!! thanks for that s.s.

Welcome everyone!!!

Cathy your DD is going to love Georgia Tech. DH id from Atlanta and we lived there after he got out of the Navy. We lived near UGA-Athens for a few years.

She has to try Varsity Hot Dogs if she ever gets the chance!!! They rock!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter