Girls Only Trip (old planning thread, see link to new one in 1st post)

Happy Mother's Day!

Happy-Mothers-Day-Daisy.jpg

I like the second one best, but am afraid it would not "pop" on a black shirt--especially since the outline would fade into the black? or am I crazy? (don't answer that!)

I like the second one best too! :thumbsup2

But I agree with Cheryl. Because the outline of the design is black, you couldn't put it on a black shirt without losing some of the outlining details (if that makes sense). It would "pop" better on either a white shirt, a darker rose color (like the color of the crown in the design), or even a deeper burgandy color (like the color of Tink's sash tied around her waist). But I may be crazy too. :goodvibes

Heather - BIG HUGS FOR YOU BABE!

I hope all of your Mothers' Days are going better than mine!

I woke up with about 2 inches of water hovering over my carpet. Yay! :scared: It turns out the apartment above us had a toilet issues, so guess what, I'm living in 'clean' toilet water. So, now I have lots of cleaning ahead of me, lotsw of toys to clean and steralize, lots of books to throw away....:sad2:, and lots of scrubbing to do. They are sending out a company to clean up the water, but the maintenance man didn't see the humor when I asked him if he was sending a maid to help clean up all the toys and scrub the walls, and everything else. I guess he thought I was joking? :confused3 I'm hoping the carpet cleans and dries really well, I'm not living with moldy carpet.

Happy Mother's Day to me! :rolleyes:

I'm off to find something to eat now...

:rose::flower2::daisy::flower1::flower1::flower1::daisy::flower2::rose:

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY TO EVERYONE!

I hope you all go on strike today... ;)

Safe travels to Christine and Steph.

I hope all of your Mothers' Days are going better than mine!

I woke up with about 2 inches of water hovering over my carpet. Yay! :scared: It turns out the apartment above us had a toilet issues, so guess what, I'm living in 'clean' toilet water. So, now I have lots of cleaning ahead of me, lotsw of toys to clean and steralize, lots of books to throw away....:sad2:, and lots of scrubbing to do. They are sending out a company to clean up the water, but the maintenance man didn't see the humor when I asked him if he was sending a maid to help clean up all the toys and scrub the walls, and everything else. I guess he thought I was joking? :confused3 I'm hoping the carpet cleans and dries really well, I'm not living with moldy carpet.

Happy Mother's Day to me! :rolleyes:
I'm off to find something to eat now...

Ugh, Heather I am so sorry that you're going through this. Sounds like a pain in the neck to deal with any time, but especially not what you had planned for today!

Around here Ty woke up really early (again) and so we had an early breakfast--prepared by Dave, which was quite lovely. I was showered with cards and gifts including a picture frame that Ty painted at school and a necklace. I was totally right that the boys had made a trip to Tiffany last weekend. Yesterday night Dave said that he was so proud that he had found a gift that I would be completely surprised by, and I didn't have the heart to tell him that he was totally transparent. But, I love it nonetheless as I have been eyeing it for quite some time.

A few minutes ago I went to vacuum and do a quick steam cleaning of the living room carpet as I try to do every couple of weeks, and I was told that I wasn't allowed to because it's Mother's Day. So, I am sitting here watching the two of them clean up before we head out to run a few errands.

Much love to all of you as you celebrate the joys of mother and daughterhood today in whatever form suits you best!

Thanks all for the encouragment!

My day has gone further downhill now, my mother called me and we were talking about our moving to help Nathan get more help, and she got very upset with me for talking about it (even though she was the one who asked). She is soooo anxious for us to move out there (WV), but there are many reasons why it's just not the best idea right now. We need to go somewhere where we can get more help for Nathan, not less. It just made me sad that my mother felt the need to get upset with me today. If only she knew how hard this was on me. I spent half the day yesterday crying because I'm just at the end of my rope. I can't fix everything. :sad1: I wish I could be with my family, but I have to think of my children right now.

It sounds like many of you are having great days, and I'm so glad that I can come on here and celebrate your wonderful days with you all. :flower3:

My day has gone further downhill now, my mother called me and we were talking about our moving to help Nathan get more help, and she got very upset with me for talking about it (even though she was the one who asked). She is soooo anxious for us to move out there (WV), but there are many reasons why it's just not the best idea right now. We need to go somewhere where we can get more help for Nathan, not less. It just made me sad that my mother felt the need to get upset with me today. If only she knew how hard this was on me. I spent half the day yesterday crying because I'm just at the end of my rope. I can't fix everything. :sad1: I wish I could be with my family, but I have to think of my children right now.

It sounds like many of you are having great days, and I'm so glad that I can come on here and celebrate your wonderful days with you all. :flower3:

I'm sorry Heather :hug:. Sometimes family members think they are being helpful and really make things worse. Your mother probably just missing you and the kids and doesn't realize how stressed you are.

If it makes you feel any better, I'm having a horrible mothers day :laughing:. My life has been so crappy lately that I just learned to live with it. DH and I got in a huge fight on Friday and I haven't seen or spoken to him since.

Hugs to Heather :hug: I'm sorry you're having such a rough time right now. I wish you were near and we could open up a bottle of Rosa (wish it were Magicale) and have some girly time. Go easy on yourself, 'K?? You are a special person and I appreciate you :thumbsup2 (even if you have no idea what I look like :rotfl2:)

You all are not going to believe this.

My kitchen is flooded now. A pipe under the sink is leaking water everywhere. I have the water turned off now, but now I have three cabinets worth of stuff to clean. Oh, and all of DH's clothes that were on the bottom rack in the closet are soaked along the bottom. I probably have about 10 loads of laundry waiting for me, but I cna't do it because the carpet in front of the washer and dryer can not be walked on right now. *sigh*

I need a drink....

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY TO EVERYONE!! :goodvibes :lovestruc :hug:

:hug: :hug: I hope you feel better, Heather. Everything will be okay.

Then we will have two days that we wear matching tees. One day we'll be wearing the Tink tee from our last trip. If you don't have one, you can wear a plain white tee, or ask on the thread for the details on how to order one.
For the second day, we will be voting on a new group shirt to wear, so if you have ideas or designs feel free to share them.

Just checking on the first page to try to keep up with the planning. Saw this excerpt re: last year's t-shirt. Though I went, I was so last minute I didn't order/make one. Can someone point me to where to order one of the tink ones so I will have one for next trip? Thanks!!

Oh Heather.......... pardon the pun....but when it rains it pours!!!!! Do you have renter's insurance??? The reason I ask is you could get reimbursed for some of the things that got ruined...maybe they even pay you for the extra clean up you have to do...but not sure. Just hang in there!!!! God only gives us what we can handle......just not sure why he picked today to test you. Know we're all there in spirit for you & a shoulder to cry on. We love you!!!!! :lovestruc

Thanks everyone!

Laurie, we do have renter's insurance, but I hate to file a claim. I ended up only having to toss 5 childrens books. I think the rest will dry ok. Being reimbursed for my time would be great, but life doesn't do that! :laughing:

The man came and sucked all the water out of the carpets, and put fans under them to dry the carpet and pad. Now, the end of the hallway by the bath is saturated again. I bet there is still water in the walls. I have a feeling I'm going to be fighting this for days. The fans from this morning have to run for 24 hours, and now if he has to start all over again it's another day added on.

I'm going to ask for a Mother's Day do-over! :thumbsup2

Thanks everyone!

Laurie, we do have renter's insurance, but I hate to file a claim. I ended up only having to toss 5 childrens books. I think the rest will dry ok. Being reimbursed for my time would be great, but life doesn't do that! :laughing:

The man came and sucked all the water out of the carpets, and put fans under them to dry the carpet and pad. Now, the end of the hallway by the bath is saturated again. I bet there is still water in the walls. I have a feeling I'm going to be fighting this for days. The fans from this morning have to run for 24 hours, and now if he has to start all over again it's another day added on.

Heather, no no no!!! Nothing more, really!! I am so sorry all this is going on. How hard, exhausting and truly UNFAIR.

I am sorry about your mom's timing. I frequently have those type run ins with my mom, she is in Ohio and I am in CA. I'd rather live in Ohio (I know, I am a freak...I am not a city person, the desert landscape seems totally alien to me, and I am mostly Irish, I hate the sun!!...Give me rain, and grey skys, make me happy), but short of getting divorced, I am stuck here. My mom often brings up the whole, "so far away, we are getting older, never see out only granddaughter, " etc. etc. at the worst possible times too!!

As a friend said to me, "Your mom is so good at pushing your buttons because she MADE them!!" So true. No one can instantly make me see red as fast as she can! Oh, and I adore her, we have a great relationship!!

So, I really think you deserve a do-over!!!! Steph put off mother's day for a week, I think you should too!

Major hugs and support. Tomorrow has to be better!!

AmySue

Thanks everyone!

Heather and Kate: I'm sorry your Mother's Days aren't great. :hug:

Heather: I had an apartment leak (next door apt.) many years ago on Valentine's Day! They also came and tried drying up the carpets, but ended up having to replace it because there was a weird smell that I'm sure was mold. So be on top of that. And if things are ruined, you should go to the apartment building owner. They are the ones responsible for the maintenance of the building.

As for me, even though I'm not a Mom I had a great day! My Mom and I went to DCA for the Sweet Sundays event and met Linda and her DH and Bree. The first bit of pixie dust was that I pulled up to the Grand Cal just to drop off Mom and get help unloading the scooter--I tipped the guy and he asked if I wanted to park--"well, yes, but I don't want to pay to park!" He then said =-="don't worry about it--it's on me." (I think it helped that I had already tipped him generously for helping me unload the scooter!) Then on to DCA. We waited till rope drop in Sunshine Plaza, then went and got in line for the event. Linda called and they were getting on TSMM. The line was already getting long! Unlike last week they pre-assigned tables and since we had signed up separately we were at separate tables. I was able to get us switched to the same table!

They served us a breakfast buffet of mediterranean veggie quiche, potatoes (yummy), sausage, fruit and assorted pastries and muffins (including wheat croissants!) Lots of coffee and two kinds of sparkling wine -- Fairy Tale Cuvee (a traditional clear champagne) and MAGICALE!!!!! All you could drink! We had both, but of course Magicale was our fave.

Then they started the dessert demostration--and I hate to complain because it was a nice event, but don't ya think if you're seeing a demostration by a bakery called "Cake Monkey" that they'd make--cake? They didn't do what I expected at all: first was arguably cake--it was a snowball of white cake, homemade marshmallow and toasted coconut. Very good but very sweet.

Next up was the "Nuff Said Cookie"--a concoction of cocoa crumbly dough, marshmallow, nuts and caramel. Linda's DH loved it--I was like--eh.

Last was an ice cream sundae of vanilla bean ice cream, chocolate sauce, caramel sauce and pecans--served over a bed of marshmallow whipped cream! The ice cream was delish but I left most of it because I was too full. We did bring home a snowball and one and half of the cookies. Really, hey should have billed it as "marshmallow day" since everything revolved around that. But I had fun with Linda et al. and Mom had a nice time. Linda took pics--I was too lazy.

However, all that sugar caught up with me. We stopped at the store on the way home and in the midst of the store I started feeling hot and sweaty. So it was either a hot flash or hypoglycemia. (I've had it before.) I came home and we all (puppy included) took a three hour nap! so, that's been my day!

I did find out last night that they sell Magicale by the bottle--but it's pretty pricey--$44 a bottle. But if anyone wants me to bring some to Vegas I am willing to get it and drive it up.

Talk to you later!

Heather, no no no!!! Nothing more, really!! I am so sorry all this is going on. How hard, exhausting and truly UNFAIR.

I am sorry about your mom's timing. I frequently have those type run ins with my mom, she is in Ohio and I am in CA. I'd rather live in Ohio (I know, I am a freak...I am not a city person, the desert landscape seems totally alien to me, and I am mostly Irish, I hate the sun!!...Give me rain, and grey skys, make me happy), but short of getting divorced, I am stuck here. My mom often brings up the whole, "so far away, we are getting older, never see out only granddaughter, " etc. etc. at the worst possible times too!!

As a friend said to me, "Your mom is so good at pushing your buttons because she MADE them!!" So true. No one can instantly make me see red as fast as she can! Oh, and I adore her, we have a great relationship!!

Oh yes, your story sounds very similar to mine. And I love the 'she made your buttons' story! :lmao: It's so true. I, like you, love my mom, and really do wish we could be closer. I'm sure she was just sad not to have me there for Mother's day, and she let that cloud her judgment. I've smoothed things over since, but it's so stressful for me during the blow up!

Heather and Kate: I'm sorry your Mother's Days aren't great. :hug:

Heather: I had an apartment leak (next door apt.) many years ago on Valentine's Day! They also came and tried drying up the carpets, but ended up having to replace it because there was a weird smell that I'm sure was mold. So be on top of that. And if things are ruined, you should go to the apartment building owner. They are the ones responsible for the maintenance of the building.

Thanks for the advice. I asked about mold, and he said that we got to the carpet soon enough. Luckily it's not monsoon season, so it's still really dry here. Hopefully it won't be a problem. I'm worried about the water inside the walls. The water went down between the walls, and bubbled up into my apartment around the baseboards. I'm more worried about mold in the walls. Like Stacie said, I need to move. The question is, am I going to be closer to you or Stacie! We can't decide! It's a toss up between Phoenix and OC. Everyday, I have a different plan! :laughing:

Things are ok, I'm slowly working through laundry. They are going to clean out the A/C also because he said it's almost ready to overflow! I am the proud owner (well renter) of a shiny new faucet and pipes under sink in the kitchen. :thumbsup2

At least I wasn't lonely on Mother's Day, I had 3 different men visit me today! :rotfl:

I wish you were near and we could open up a bottle of Rosa
Theresa, I just wanted to let you know, I found Rosa at Sam's Club. I was there today picking up some water and decided to take a peek and sure enough there it was. They must have had over a dozen bottles and it was cheaper than the grocery store. Only $18.88. :thumbsup2

Just checking on the first page to try to keep up with the planning. Saw this excerpt re: last year's t-shirt. Though I went, I was so last minute I didn't order/make one. Can someone point me to where to order one of the tink ones so I will have one for next trip? Thanks!!
I went to Zazzle to try and find the link and couldn't find the same image anymore. I don't know if I'm just missing it or what. :confused3 Maybe someone else can check and see if they can find it and post a link for you. Sorry.

Heather and Katie, I'm sorry your Mother's Day isn't going very well. :hug:

Jane and Cheryl, sounds like you both had a wonderful day!!

My day has been very nice. Low key, but good. I am tired though. Think I'll put in a movie and chill for a bit.

now. We need to go somewhere where we can get more help for Nathan, not less. It just made me sad that my mother felt the need to get upset with me today. If only she knew how hard this was on me. I spent half the day yesterday crying because I'm just at the end of my rope. I can't fix everything. :sad1: I wish I could be with my family, but I have to think of my children right now.
:

:flower3:

---

If it makes you feel any better, I'm having a horrible mothers day :laughing:. My life has been so crappy lately that I just learned to live with it. DH and I got in a huge fight on Friday and I haven't seen or spoken to him since.

:flower3::flower3:

You all are not going to believe this.

My kitchen is flooded now. A pipe under the sink is leaking water everywhere. I have the water turned off now, but now I have three cabinets worth of stuff to clean. Oh, and all of DH's clothes that were on the bottom rack in the closet are soaked along the bottom. I probably have about 10 loads of laundry waiting for me, but I cna't do it because the carpet in front of the washer and dryer can not be walked on right now. *sigh*

I need a drink....

:flower3::flower3::drinking1

and MAGICALE!!!!! All you could drink! We had both, but of course Magicale was our fave.

All you can drink Magicale??? What was the cost of this, if I may ask? I have a feeling it was a good deal considering the Magicale!

I've smoothed things over since, but it's so stressful for me during the blow up!

I'm worried about the water inside the walls. The water went down between the walls, and bubbled up into my apartment around the baseboards. I'm more worried about mold in the walls. Like Stacie said, I need to move. The question is, am I going to be closer to you or Stacie! We can't decide! It's a toss up between Phoenix and OC. Everyday, I have a different plan! :laughing:

At least I wasn't lonely on Mother's Day, I had 3 different men visit me today! :rotfl:

I would worry about mold in the walls too. I think Stacie is right, it's a sign you should move. :idea:

Ah, ya you should!

:rotfl: Now that's funny!

Cheryl--It sounds like you had a great mother's day! I'm sad I'm missing the food and wine fest this year. I'll have to make concrete plans for next year.

Beth--I really like your new siggie. You're a smart lady!:worship:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter