Girls Only Trip (old thread, link to new thread in first post)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good Morning ladies,

I made a Carnation Cafe reservation: March 6th, party of 4 adults, 5:00pm. :thumbsup2

No school for our kids again today. Another snow day.
Oh good time! :thumbsup2 Why did I get the CM with attitude?? :rolleyes: :rotfl:

OK, so now we are waiting to hear from Steph and Debra. Fingers crossed!

See ya in a bit.

Hi all.... Well time seems to be moving FAST YAHHHHH. I got a call this evening that made my stomach start feeling like a rock just dropped in it. I saw it was my mom and I really had to brace myself to answer as my grandfather has been in the hospital since right before Christmas due to peunumonia, and he also has lung cancer. The antibiotics helped, but gave him other side effects that still have him in the hospital as they are trying to help those issues now. He's not eating much, and is tired but hanging in there its just a really rough time in my heart and felt the need to speak about. I look forward to the trip to be with people you love cause you just never know. I just wanted to share that, and look forward to meeting you ladies.

I'm so sorry to hear about this. My heart goes out to you and your grandfather.:hug:

Well crap! I was only able to get 4:20 for 6 adults. I will try again later.
It must be crabby CM morning or something....

Well crap! I was only able to get 4:20 for 6 adults. I will try again later.
It must be crabby CM morning or something....

But you booked that for now right? Because I got a table for 6 at 4:20 as well, so there'd be 12 of us eating then. That's a good size and it might have to do.
I mean, we knew we'd be at separate tables anyway, and probably by the time we are actually seated it will be a little later. kwim?

So don't worry too much. Thanks for calling! My CM sounded rather hassled. I think she'd had a busy morning or something. LOL

Let's see what Steph gets. :wizard:

Sounds like you had better luck then I did. :headache: First she tried to tell me she couldn't book for a table of 6, then she said she could but the only times she had were 4:20 or 6:00.

I knew the 6:00 would be too late! So I booked a table for 6 at the 4:20 time. The only potential problem I see with that is for those who are eating at Blue Bayou our seating time is 11:50 and I'm not sure we'll be hungry again so soon. :confused3

Then again, I was only going to get soup at Carnation Cafe anyway.......so maybe it will be fine. I'll see if someone wants to share a meal at BB and then get soup at CC. That way I get to experience BB and still get my soup and not be too full. :thumbsup2

Well, let's see what times Steph, Capri and Debra get. I hope we are able to over lap. If not, we might have to work on that plan B.

Off to get the twins ready for school. Be back later.

What?! No way! It's 8:00am on the first day that reservations can be made for March 6th......you can't tell me that at the Carnation Cafe, there isn't a table for 6 to be had sometime between 4:45pm-5:15pm. I think she was totally just being difficult.

Well, Cathy and I aren't eating at the BB, so we could volunteer to eat at the 4:20 time. We'll probably be pretty hungry by then.;)

But someone else would need to use my name to check in for the 5:00pm reservation I made for 4.

But you booked that for now right? Because I got a table for 6 at 4:20 as well, so there'd be 12 of us eating then. That's a good size and it might have to do.
I mean, we knew we'd be at separate tables anyway, and probably by the time we are actually seated it will be a little later. kwim?

So don't worry too much. Thanks for calling! My CM sounded rather hassled. I think she'd had a busy morning or something. LOL

Let's see what Steph gets. :wizard:

Yes, I booked the 4:20 time.

I'll be happy to eat at the 4:20 time as well, since I'm not doing BB.

Thanks to everyone who made ressies this morning! :)

Mornin Ladies!

I just placed my order for the Tink shirt from Zazzle. It cost me $19.65 for the whole thing. I figured fiddle dee dee on making it...........even though I know how to do it. :rolleyes1

So now I am done with that.

Now I need to make a bunch of pioneer bonnets for my DD's classroom, not to mention some other items on my list.

Have a great day! :flower3:

Kelly, if you read this...........What is the name of the cookbook you bought that has all the famous recipes from the Disney parks. I've been trying to order it from Borders with my 40% off coupon, and I can't remember the name. Thanks!

Morning, everyone! I was able to get a PS for a table for 6 at 5:10pm on March 6th.

I'll stop by later today - gotta go to a meeting. :upsidedow

It looks like the ressies are spread out over an hour. I think it will work out ok in the end. Can you check in early and get the next available table? What if we all just showed up at 4:20 and asked to be seated? Is that too early to show up? I know I've arrived about 45 minutes early at WDW and was seated. I don't know if that works at DLR though....just a thought.

Thanks for making the ressies everyone! The trip feels way more real now!!! :banana:

Another question...is the BBQ offered during our trip? It could be a viable plan B if we don't want to be spread out. It's probably not available yet though...

Another question...is the BBQ offered during our trip? It could be a viable plan B if we don't want to be spread out. It's probably not available yet though...

Heather, I've read over on MiceAge that Big Thunder BBQ area won't open until sometime in April. So it won't be an option for us. :(

Well, Cathy and I aren't eating at the BB, so we could volunteer to eat at the 4:20 time. We'll probably be pretty hungry by then.;)

But someone else would need to use my name to check in for the 5:00pm reservation I made for 4.
OK, cool. And I'm sure someone in the 5:00 group can be Capri for one meal. ;)

Yes, I booked the 4:20 time.
Great. Thanks!

I'll be happy to eat at the 4:20 time as well, since I'm not doing BB.
OK, good. I need to start breaking down the main list into seating times then. Gee, I feel like we are on a cruise. :rotfl: You know how they have seating times for dinner?
Well, they did when I last went on a cruise which was like 100 years ago. OK, so it was more like 18 years or so, but still. It's been too long. LOL

I just placed my order for the Tink shirt from Zazzle. It cost me $19.65 for the whole thing. I figured fiddle dee dee on making it...........even though I know how to do it. :rolleyes1
:yay:
Reminder everyone: Today is the last day to order from Zazzle using that code on the front page.

It looks like the ressies are spread out over an hour. I think it will work out ok in the end.
I think it will too. It's like an early and late seating. LOL
Showing up that early probably wouldn't accomplish anything. Carnation Cafe is teeny tiny! Not much seating at all. When we checked in on our last trip, we had to wait over 15 minutes to be seated. Too bad they can't expand it since it's such a popular place.

Heather, I've read over on MiceAge that Big Thunder BBQ area won't open until sometime in April. So it won't be an option for us. :(
I had a feeling that was going to be the case from the descriptions I was reading. They all said a Spring opening and I don't think March 6 qualifies as Spring just yet.
Oh well. Next time! ;)

Soooooo...............looks like we are just waiting to hear from Steph and see what time she was able to snag. Then we can start breaking off into groups for the different times.

OK, cool. And I'm sure someone in the 5:00 group can be Capri for one meal. ;)

She took my full name for the reservation, although I think the last name is the name the reservation is under, so whoever is "me" needs to check-in under the last name of "Lavigne". :thumbsup2

Morning ladies!

Just wanted to remind everyone to check the front page to see if they are listed on the Storyteller's breakfast list or not. I will be making the PS first thing tomorrow morning and I don't want to leave anyone off. I will pad it with one or two more, but I want to make sure everyone who wants to go will go. And those who have changed their mind to let us know as well so we can take your name off the list.

Thanks! :thumbsup2

Yooooooo hoooooooo, Steph........where are youuuuuuuuuuuu?;) :goodvibes

Here's something funny for you ladies to read. My MIL sent it to me today in an email.

Yesterday I had a flat tire on the interstate. So I ease my car over to the shoulder of the road, carefully get out of the car and open the trunk. I took out 2 cardboard men, unfolded them and stood them at the rear of my car facing oncoming traffic. They look so lifelike you wouldn't believe! They are in trench coats exposing their nude bodies and private parts to the approaching drivers But to my surprise, cars start slowing down looking at my lifelike men. And of course, traffic starts backing up. Everybody is tooting their horns and waving like crazy. It wasn't long before a state trooper pulls up behind me. He gets out of his car and starts walking towards me. I could tell he was not a happy camper! 'What's going on here?' 'My car has a flat tire', I said calmly. 'Well, what the heck are those obscene cardboard men doing here by the road ?' I couldn't believe that he didn't know. So I told him, 'Helloooooo, those are my emergency flashers!'

Hey Miss Melody.. please will you pm me...i cleaned out my mailbox and then when i clicked on your name it showed that you had no means of contact:confused3 ...weird..but it's also been asking me for my password 3 times since i logged on.

Just to let Ya'll know.. my mom and i won't be going to that dinner.. so that free's up 2 spots. We are going to eat fried chicken... :rotfl: :rotfl:

i'm working on all the food for a retirement party for one of our managers..appetizers for about 50 to 75 people... it will be held in new mexico.. numbers are never for sure..cuz people end up bringing family:goodvibes

so is anyone else going to decorate their door? is that still allowed.. or no bueno?:confused3

I hope everyone is having a happy day!:grouphug:

I couldn't believe that he didn't know. So I told him, 'Helloooooo, those are my emergency flashers!'
:laughing:

Just to let Ya'll know.. my mom and i won't be going to that dinner.. so that free's up 2 spots. We are going to eat fried chicken... :rotfl: :rotfl:

so is anyone else going to decorate their door? is that still allowed.. or no bueno?:confused3
Dawn, I remember you telling me your mom and you were gonna have fried chicken, so I had already taken you off the CC list. But thanks for the offer. :thumbsup2

I'm going to decorate my door. I did in October when we were there and it wasn't a problem. Lorealle said it should be fine. We just need to make sure not to get too carried away and not to put anything that will damage the paint or leave a residue.
I'm probably just going to put up a poster with some of the designs from the DISign board. That's what I did before. They have some really cute ones! :goodvibes

Good luck working on all that food!!

Hiya Miss Beth! :goodvibes
A poster is a good idea! I'm going to decorate our door too:yay:

Well I was able to call DLR Reservations today to ask about Ap9 Or any promos. I was told nothing is usually offered Ap wise in March due to Spring break. I asked what about the rest of Feb- spring break and he said unless they extend the feb one again but no mention of it. Looks like they wont be offering anything once this ap ends feb 12 per DLR Reservations unless the hotel needs the booking boost. The pin code is also again random, and strict. Name and zipcode is attached to it and they ask for it he said. That's all the info they gave me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter