Girls Only Trip. OLD THREAD! Please see first post for link to new one, thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok ladies--I'm in too! And I vote for Hojo's again--they were SO nice to us.

Can I just say I am ready for 2009 already? My paralegal told me this morning she needs to quit for a while to take care of HER Mom. So I think for my needs right now I need a full-time admin. asst. -- which I have probably needed for a while but have been making do with DBF (but now that he's working--Yay!--he's not available to do all the admin stuff he was doing). Plus I'm hoping my paralegal gets her situation sorted out and comes back--at least part-time.

So, if someone knows of a crackerjack admin in the Orange County area let me know!
Ugh, that's too bad about your paralegal. :headache: I hope you find someone great to replace her soon!! :wizard:

Is it really ok to go guilt-free w/o the kiddos? And how do I convince the grandparents of this so I can get them to babysit?

Is it really ok to go guilt-free w/o the kiddos? And how do I convince the grandparents of this so I can get them to babysit?

It is okay!! I had never been away from my little ones before. I missed them terribly, but the welcome home I got was priceless! :cloud9: I got to really enjoy DL, and go on rides and see shows that I had never seen before. It was very nice. Plus it gave my hubby some time to get to know the kids better.

I'm not sure if I'll be able to make it (whaaaaaa!).:sad:

Maybe I'll win the lottery or something by then.:idea: :goodvibes
WHAT??? Oh no, no way. I won't allow it. You are so coming. We can squeeze 10 in a room and that will totally cut down on costs. :rotfl2:

OK, next problem. Geez, what would you guys do without me?? :rolleyes:

;)

I think you'll have at least 30 ladies who will say yes to that question. ;)

Honestly, it's more then ok. As moms we do so much for everyone in our lives and often push our own "me" time aside. If you keep that up, I guarantee you you'll end up burned out.

It's hard to go away. When I went to WDW on the first ladies only trip I organized, I cried on the way to the airport, I cried on the plane, I cried on my layover......see a pattern here?? :rotfl2:

But it was something I wanted to do for me. My kids understood. In fact when they found out I was going to WDW with a bunch of ladies from the DIS, they said, "How boring, all you'll probably do is shop the whole time." :lmao:
Ummm, yeah sure honey. :rolleyes1 And I knew they would be fine.

I am glad I went. I made some great friends that I keep in touch with still today (we went in '06). And on this past Disneyland trip, I met some of the nicest, friendliest, most fun ladies I've met in a long time. I had a blast!! And I was only there for one day. :rotfl:

It took me a long time to decide to take some time for myself. And it's not like I take off all the time. 5 days out of 365 isn't a big deal. And it helps me come back refreshed and ready to be a great mom and wife again.

Now, having said all that, it's a personal decision that everyone needs to make for themselves. I know not everyone can do it. Some people couldn't dream of leaving their kids and taking off to Disneyland, or anywhere. And that's fine too. To each their own.

Maybe you'll go once and decide it's not for you, or maybe you'll decide to do it every year. You never know.

Now as for convincing the grandparents.....hmmm, I don't know! Beg? Plead? Bribery? :confused3 ;) Good luck!

(geez, I talk alot!! :rolleyes: :rotfl2: But I hoped that helped!)

Count me and my mom in! It is not cast in stone but I am pretty sure we are going to go. It is going to be tough coming off of our big WDW trip in Nov and barely a month later going back for our family trip in April BUT we really want to go. We also won't be able to make the ENTIRE trip but we really want to do this.

We are thinking about coming sometime Friday morning like I will have to get the kids off to school and then get a flight somtime around 10ish. Then we would probably take a Sunday evening flight. So we will be able to do 1 full day (SAT) and 2 partial days (Fri and Sun). But we could be there for a lunch and Dinner Fri and all day Sat and breakfast Sunday and possibly lunch. So that works and I've never stayed at the HoJo but it looks nice.

So do we need to get a new entertainment book then for 09? I have an 08 book right now but I know they expire around Nov.

Just let us know what we have to do.

Hopefully we don't have to pay anything up front cuz I am having to come up with a BUNDLE for WDW right now and then I will be having to pay for our April trip at the same time!

But it sounds like fun and mom and I are def game! :)

So do we need to get a new entertainment book then for 09? I have an 08 book right now but I know they expire around Nov.

Just let us know what we have to do.

But it sounds like fun and mom and I are def game! :)

Great! I'm glad you're going to try and make it. :thumbsup2

As for the rooms, last time the rate they got was something arranged through Lorealle as a special price for those on the ladies only trip, and it had to be booked directly with her.

This time I'm not sure how she'll want to work it. I've got an email out to her now, so as soon as I hear something I'll let you all know. :)

Sure, you just had to make a new thread and fill 3 pages of stuff on me. Just keep rubbing it in that I can't go.

What do you think the chances are that I'll either win the lottery or that they will put another holiday in March for us Canadians in Ontario? They added one to Feb.

I'll keep following, you know I'm a sucker for punishment. LOL

Just an FYI, for those of you joining us for the first time this trip, you are welcome to read and follow the whole thread, LOL, but you don't have to.

Anytime there is something of importance planned or announced, I will add it to the first page asap, and/or the thread title.
So if you miss a few days of reading, you can just check the front page for any changes.

Sure, you just had to make a new thread and fill 3 pages of stuff on me. Just keep rubbing it in that I can't go.

What do you think the chances are that I'll either win the lottery or that they will put another holiday in March for us Canadians in Ontario? They added one to Feb.

I'll keep following, you know I'm a sucker for punishment. LOL
Obviously you haven't been keeping up. :sad2: We are all going to cram 10 to a room so you and Capri don't need to win the lotto. ;)

What will we do without your sarcasm and humor??? You've got 9 months. Figure something out. :rotfl:

Great! I'm glad you're going to try and make it. :thumbsup2

As for the rooms, last time the rate they got was something arranged through Lorealle as a special price for those on the ladies only trip, and it had to be booked directly with her.

This time I'm not sure how she'll want to work it. I've got an email out to her now, so as soon as I hear something I'll let you all know. :)

Ok sounds good. Well mom and I will only need a room for Friday and Saturday night so hopefully that is not a problem but I will just watch for the info as it comes out. I am excited. THis sounds like fun. Just hope dh doesn't get mad since it is so close to our April trip. But I will find a way to convince him. ;)

I CALL A BED! ;)
:rotfl: Well, I'll call the balcony since I am always hot, and I'll have a nice view of the Disney fireworks. ;)

Ok sounds good. Well mom and I will only need a room for Friday and Saturday night so hopefully that is not a problem but I will just watch for the info as it comes out. I am excited. THis sounds like fun. Just hope dh doesn't get mad since it is so close to our April trip. But I will find a way to convince him. ;)
No, it shouldn't be a problem. Last time not everyone was there for the exact same days.
Good luck working on your DH. ;)

Alright barring any orders from the Air Force and a good medical diagnosis (next week), I'm in!!!!!!!!!!!! Yeah now to get a new ticker for the trip.

steph

I just have to post the good news.. After working on potty training the little since yesterday... She has just made #2 in the potty!!!:cool1: :cool1: :cool1: :cool1: In 2 days we have only had one accident.. and that was yesterday, right after we started.. We are doing GOOD!!!:cool1: :cool1: :cool1:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter