Going back to WDW for Liam's 9th Birthday! 5/29-6/3 WE ARE BACK!!!

Slight change of plans. Just learned from a fellow DISer that Chick fil a is closed on Sundays:sad1: So we will probably grab lunch at Pop before our swim and grab Chick Fil A when we leave on Friday. With the closest one over 30 miles away, I am looking foward to trying it. Thanks for the info zianha.:thumbsup2:goodvibes

Slight change of plans. Just learned from a fellow DISer that Chick fil a is closed on Sundays:sad1: So we will probably grab lunch at Pop before our swim and grab Chick Fil A when we leave on Friday. With the closest one over 30 miles away, I am looking foward to trying it. Thanks for the info zianha.:thumbsup2:goodvibes

i go to the chick fil a at the Racine Ws mall.
from my place in NE illinois, it is a 27 minute drive up the highway/94.

if you really want one when you are home, go to Racine.

i go to the chick fil a at the Racine Ws mall.
from my place in NE illinois, it is a 27 minute drive up the highway/94.

if you really want one when you are home, go to Racine.

Yea I found that one when I googled Chik Fil A just a little bit ago. I don't go to Racine alot, but maybe I will give it a try the next time we are out that way. Was thinking about taking the kids to the Milwaukee zoo this year, kind of bored with Brookfield zoo and want to do something diffrent. Thanks for the info macraven. It is nice to hear from a fellow Northern Illinois girl.

I read your post before I left for my son's birthday ice cream party and we passed by the location of a new Chick fil a here and that's what made me think about how they do not open on Sundays. I thought I had better let you know so you don't waste any time looking for it! But I agree, you should try it before your flight home! It's very good! They even have breakfast, which I thought would be weird but it's so good! :thumbsup2

Congrats on your one week away!!

Unless you are planning on hopping daily, it probably isn't worth $100 just to check out hyperspace hoopla.

We love Chick-Fil-A, but have to eat there when Grumpy isn't with us. (They cook in peanut oil and he is allergic to peanuts.) I love their side salad and their Thousand Island dressing! Their sauces are good! I love both the BBQ and the Honey Roasted BBQ sauce, I ask for both because it's too hard to choose!

I always forget about Chickfila being closed on Sundays. It never fails I always want it on Sunday! :lmao: If you like sweet tea, I highly recommend there's! If not, their lemonade is awesome too :)

Unless you are planning on hopping daily, it probably isn't worth $100 just to check out hyperspace hoopla.

We love Chick-Fil-A, but have to eat there when Grumpy isn't with us. (They cook in peanut oil and he is allergic to peanuts.) I love their side salad and their Thousand Island dressing! Their sauces are good! I love both the BBQ and the Honey Roasted BBQ sauce, I ask for both because it's too hard to choose!

YAY! Corrine!! It is getting so close now.
Love your what you will be doing in 1 week post. I need to get on it and do one for thread, as well. :wizard:

Don't mean to thread jack, but this message is for LovethatTink -

My DS has a severe peanut allergy, as well. He had an anaphalactic reaction to peanut butter when he was 13 mos. We have to carry an epi pen with us at all times. We are very careful with his food selections.

As for the peanut oil used for fying i.e. Chick-Fil-A, my allergist informed us that peanut oil is okay. (cold pressed oil is not, though) The kind they use for frying is processed in such a way that the enzyme that causes the allergic reaction is removed.

My son has eaten chicken there many times without a reaction and :love: that place. It is one of his favorite restaurants.

I wanted to give you the heads up on that and let you know it can be safe for people with peanut allergies. You may want to check with his allergist for reassurance, but I thought it was worth mentioning. :thumbsup2

My DS has a severe peanut allergy, as well. He had an anaphalactic reaction to peanut butter when he was 13 mos. We have to carry an epi pen with us at all times. We are very careful with his food selections......

I wanted to give you the heads up on that and let you know it can be safe for people with peanut allergies. You may want to check with his allergist for reassurance, but I thought it was worth mentioning. :thumbsup2

My little sis is the same way, epi pen and all. however she has reacted to peanut oil. ended up in the ER for a few hours over it. thankfully she was fine. I guess all kids are different in what they can react to. :confused3

That's what I am thinking to. I am thinking I would rather save the money and get some cool souviners.:thumbsup2 $100 is a high price to pay for just a show, unless it's on Broadway in Chicago that is.

Hmmm, now I NEED to try both sauces.:love:

I always forget about Chickfila being closed on Sundays. It never fails I always want it on Sunday! :lmao: If you like sweet tea, I highly recommend there's! If not, their lemonade is awesome too :)

I love lemonade. Ohh, I can't wait.

Love your what you will be doing in 1 week post. I need to get on it and do one for thread, as well. :wizard:

My DS has a severe peanut allergy, as well. He had an anaphalactic reaction to peanut butter when he was 13 mos. We have to carry an epi pen with us at all times. We are very careful with his food selections.

As for the peanut oil used for fying i.e. Chick-Fil-A, my allergist informed us that peanut oil is okay. (cold pressed oil is not, though) The kind they use for frying is processed in such a way that the enzyme that causes the allergic reaction is removed.

My son has eaten chicken there many times without a reaction and :love: that place. It is one of his favorite restaurants.

My little sis is the same way, epi pen and all. however she has reacted to peanut oil. ended up in the ER for a few hours over it. thankfully she was fine. I guess all kids are different in what they can react to. :confused3

I see how you guys are. I leave for a couple of hours and you threadjack me. Now I know how Lidian feels like.:headache::lmao::lmao: For such important discussions I will allow it, but I am keeping my eye on you two.:goodvibes

I read your post before I left for my son's birthday ice cream party and we passed by the location of a new Chick fil a here and that's what made me think about how they do not open on Sundays. I thought I had better let you know so you don't waste any time looking for it! But I agree, you should try it before your flight home! It's very good! They even have breakfast, which I thought would be weird but it's so good! :thumbsup2

I really do appriciate this info. I try to skate that fine line of planning but still keeping things kind of open. I don't want complications if plans don't work out just the way I wanted it to. But I do admite finding Chick Fil A closed would have depressed me a little. Now I know what to expect and will just do it on the way home. I have been told I have to try the flatbread at Pop anyway, so now I know when I will do that.:thumbsup2

So with only 6 days to go before our Birthday Celebration with the Mouse
Lets continue our new PTR segmant
What we will be doing a week from today.
:yay::yay::yay::yay::yay:

At this time next week
We will have gotten up early
Ate our breakfast of pop tarts and fruit bars in our room
And headed down to catch the bus to Epcot.
:woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:

My plan is to head straight to Soarin and get a ride in
Probably grab a fast pass for later
Depending on the time
We will either head to the seas
Or head to SSE for meet up with a couple DISfriends
(You know how you are)
We than will head to Seas if not been there
And I will try to get Liam to check out Test Track:confused3
Check out a few other things at FW
(get the classic pic of son trying Beverly)
And than head to WS with a short stop
To do the Kim Possible Experiance
Possibly have lunch in Mexico (if not already at FW)
Leisurly enjoy WS and make sure to do Pick a Pearl in Japan
(Told my mom that I wanted to get one for DD and now she wants one:lmao:)
Go back to FW for reservations for dinner at Coral Reef
Maybe use FP's to ride soarin' again
Try to get a good spot to see Illuminations
This will be the first time either of us will have seen this
And we are very excited about it
Head back to Pop and get ready for the next day.:thumbsup2

Each person's allergies are so individualized. He closed up on the chicken nuggets the first time we went, and that was how we learned about the peanut oil. He's tried the chicken noodle soup without problems though. That's great that some people can eat there. I love the food!!

OFF DISNEY TOPIC!!!!

I just learned about the tornados in Joplin and became frightened because my father used to live there. His ex-wife still live there as well as one of my Aunts. I called my dad to find out what was going on and he told me he had talked to his ex and she was fine but had not heard from his sister. As we were talking he got a call from my cousin (my aunts son) and told me he was finally able to get through to her with texts. She is fine but is pretty shaken up.

My thoughts and prayers go out to the friends and families of the people in Joplin who have lost their lives and homes in this horrific natural disaster.:grouphug:

OFF DISNEY TOPIC!!!!

I just learned about the tornados in Joplin and became frightened because my father used to live there. His ex-wife still live there as well as one of my Aunts. I called my dad to find out what was going on and he told me he had talked to his ex and she was fine but had not heard from his sister. As we were talking he got a call from my cousin (my aunts son) and told me he was finally able to get through to her with texts. She is fine but is pretty shaken up.

My thoughts and prayers go out to the friends and families of the people in Joplin who have lost their lives and homes in this horrific natural disaster.:grouphug:

I know. So tragic. My thoughts and prayers are with the friends and families of everyone affected.

On the Pop Century thread, it was mentioned that a DISer died. Very tragic.

OFF DISNEY TOPIC!!!!

It is devastating. I have family that lives down there and they said it is unbelievable.
The last count was 89 deaths. So sad!

They definitely need all the thoughts and prayers they can get. :sad1:

I just saw pictures that were posted of Joplin on facebook and I was crying. With all that bad weather we had here (Ga/Al) about a month ago, and the tornadoes that were close by seeing all the destruction hit home. We were really lucky to only lose power for a few days. :grouphug: to anyone affected by it!

Isn't it awesome to be able to post "One Week From Today" plans!! I think epcot has to be one of the most difficult to choose CS because so many are good!!

It is sad about the tornadoes! We have had tornadoes and floods here. Our weather guys have been working in overdrive! Thankfully we were spared major destruction! I can't begin to imagine what those folks are going through!

Just popping in to say hi! :wave2:

Can you believe how soon everything is?! I'm in the last-minute mad-dash to get things done before we leave. Only a few more days! :woohoo:

Does your son like Clone Wars? Last Saturday, we went to see Clone Wars Behind the Force at SWW. It was my son's favorite show so far at SWW! At the end they showed a clip from next season! A couple people get to ask questions. We got in line about 45 minutes before show time. We saw the 2nd show of it. The back of the theater was still empty when the show started. We were surprised. The 11am show must have been crowded then.

Just popping in to say hi! :wave2:

Can you believe how soon everything is?! I'm in the last-minute mad-dash to get things done before we leave. Only a few more days! :woohoo:

OT: I see your ticker for CSR and even though we are Pop bound tomorrow, I am jealous! CSR is by far my favorite!! I hope you have a wonderful vacation and enjoy your stay at CSR as much as we did in March!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter