Good News for 'Atlantis'?

Another Voice

Charter Member of The Element
Rumors are circulating out here that the reviews for ‘Tomb Raider’ are going to be, well, horrendous. They may make the reviews for ‘Pearl Harbor’ seem like love letters.

How is this going to help ‘Atlantis’? The reviews are going to be so bad that it’s expected a lot of parents will be changing the plans and taking their kids to the Disney film instead. Of course, ‘Tomb Raider’ is still going to have a huge opening (bad reviews can’t stop a film from opening), but this could give ‘Atlantis’ a shot at a strong second place finish and provide it with some staying power at the box office. And everyone knows how much Disney NEEDS an animated hit these days.

P.S. – believe every nasty, biting, vicious, snide comment made about ‘Tomb Raider’. My hopes for the summer season are dwindling very quickly.

I don't really think that Tomb Raider is going to be much of a kids movie. Atlantis should hopefully do well. I haven't herd any reviews for Atlantis so far. What are they saying?

Reviews for Atlantis have generally ranged from decent to very good, but most state that it is not a kid's movie, at least not in the classical Disney sense.

You can read the reviews via Yahoo movies or the IMDB.

Well, lets see, why did most teenage boys buy the tombraider games.............
(Hint, it wasn't for the innovative game play, although it did have that)

I'm going to go out on a limb and suggest that Tomb Raider is as bad as the worst comicbook based live action movie (Judge Dread, SPawn anyone?) with a jiggly star. The previews look like rejects from Will SMith's opus Wild Wild West.

Anybody who actually thought this would be anything resembling a good movie is either a sex crazed teenage boy (is there any other kind?:bounce: ) or highly delusional.

Note that the above position is not based on having seen the movie, but based on the sheer ludicrousness of the concept and a deep love for the Indiana Jones series which this offends.

We saw the premier tonight in Chicago. (Special showing for Taco Bell because of the tie-in). All of our group liked it. I was expecting a really terrible movie, and I got a very enjoyable, and clearly well made action film. Angelina Jolie was terriffic, and the plot was OK.

Very creative and well designed set pieces were everywhere. All of this was kind of a surprise to me. I HAD been thinking that it would be Mario Bros. Judge Dredd horrible bad. Instead I would say it was the best Comic Book/Video Game redo since Batman.

No real plot or character development, yet I still enjoyed the movie.

My kids absolutely loved it. My 12 year old daughter clearly identified with the well written character of Lara Croft. She liked it even better than my 14 year old son. This would be in comparison to Evolution, which we saw the other day and hated. What a piece of garbage that is!

So I will tell you that if the advance buzz on the movie has been negative, that it's a bit off the mark. I betcha it will do very well.

We see Atlantis on Saturday or Sunday! I'm really looking forward to that one!

:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

I haven't seen it, but my son's friend Leland (10 years old) said that it is the best movie he has ever seen. Isn't that enough of a recommendation for anyone?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter