GotG Cosmic Rewind AP previews

Not worth the regular queue. Would do LL if I’d known in advance. But… with that being said, it might be nice to do once so you don’t wonder what you miss out on?
I honestly don’t care too much about the queue lol. I just wanna do the ride so I’ll probably skip it. Ds is awful at being patient so I don’t want to push it since he’ll have to wait for both dh and I to ride

I honestly don’t care too much about the queue lol. I just wanna do the ride so I’ll probably skip it. Ds is awful at being patient so I don’t want to push it since he’ll have to wait for both dh and I to ride
Lol - and there I was, relishing my brief freedom!!! 😁

All this talk of motion sickness is starting to concern me. Coasters and drops don't bother me, its the things like tea cups, carousel, Mission Space Orange, or mouse trap rides that cause me problems. I know this ride moves around a lot but doesn't seem like it spins much so I might be okay but I have to pick up family at the airport after the preview so definitely don't want to be down for the count.
I don’t normally get motion sickness. I have gotten slightly queasy during the series of rapid hills and valleys on Slinky Dog Dash, but was feeling fine by the time the ride ended. I can ride the spinning rides like Magic Carpets, Dumbo, but not the Tea cups. Because I had read some people got sick on Cosmic Rewind, I didn’t want to take any chances, so I took a dose of Dramamine before. I think it wouldn’t have helped even if I took 4 doses! I felt really sick for almost the whole ride. I felt shaky and had a slight headache for about an hour, but was never dizzy and felt a lot better within 15-20 minutes.

This was part of an explanation I wrote on another thread….
There are different scenes that pop up and your ride car turns toward the scene the ride wants you to look at. Imagine Haunted Mansion turning you to view different scenes, but really fast track and fast turns. It also seemed like I was sometimes turned almost backwards with the ride track banking in the other direction. So, there is sometimes a mismatch between which way you are facing and which way the car is going.

Other roller coasters have times when they are going up a hill more slowly to set you up for the next fast part and banking. This ride doesn’t do that - you go directly from one banked turn into another. Some of them are pretty sharply banked and pretty sharps turns.

This TikTok video from Disney Parks blog shows part of an engineering trial before the ride was built. It seemed to me like the entire ride is a series of going from one banked curve right into another, over and over.

Interesting. No one scanned me past the initial check to get into the area. I could have done a re-ride easily, but don’t think my heart can take it!

(Had the 10am preview today, May 15.)
That is interesting! They had the initial scan to get into the area, then another group of 3 or 4 CMs right before the outside switchbacks. My preview time was 11:30, but I was let in at 11:15 when I arrived.

Possibly because you may have granted the MDE mobile app permission to access bluetooth on your phone.
I just checked and yes MDE does have permission to access Bluetooth on my phone. I didn’t even know! But glad I got the ride photo (even though it looks like I’m having a heart attack in it haha).

Thanks for the tip!

I had a Sunday (the 15th) 10-10:30am preview. Got to Epcot before 8am to RD Soarin/LWTL, quick stroll around the World to see the flowers & do the GOTG ride before hopping over to MK where my actual park reservation was for.

I kept track of times to report here. Walked in the initial entrance at 9:52. Scanned outside the building entrance at 9:55. Never had to show paper copy they just scanned my MB. By 10:02 I had walked thru the line area (the line was moving at a steady pace as everyone looked at everything inside no rushing no stopping) & was waiting for the pre-show (stay right side as I saw suggested here). Pre-show started at 10:05 (or 10:07). Left pre-show & walked into loading area 10:12 where I was promptly put in a car (I was near front of group leaving pre-show). Rode the ride. Walked outside at 10:19. I asked at the building entrance section & they were not allowing multiple rides.

I then stood in line for the photopass & that line took the longest. Probably another 25 minutes? I could see the line waiting outside the building was much longer than what I had experienced only 1/2 hour earlier. And when I actually exited the whole area I could see the line just to get into the "initial entrance" was looped around & backed up by the new Connections area. It backed up rather quickly. They weren't using a lot of the indoor line space which is a shame cause then people wouldn't be roasting in the hot sun (there is no natural shade out there).

The ride itself: like EE & RnR had a baby but still a little different! I loved it! The coaster was sooo smooth & great music! Epcot needs a ride like this. The lines are going to be ridiculous so I am glad I rode it now. And the seats! It's just a lap bar but actual room for an adult size butt to fit comfortably!!! I put my backpack on the ground & stuck my 1 leg thru the loops to hold it down. Plenty of space for that.

I did not get the ride photo. My phone says in settings it has Bluetooth access. But I also didn't get any of my pics from the rides at MK yesterday either (PoC, HM) so ???

Motion sickness: I took my regular Dramamine pill I use for every other ride at Disney about 1.5 hours before. I felt fine. I was worried, but I don't think the cart ever did a full 360 spin (or did it?) so I was ok. The other rides will get me if I don't take my pill (EE, Soarin, Remy, FOP, RnR, Star Tours, Space Mountain, all of them). A lady told me to wait 10 minutes afterwards, but I still felt ok.

We had the 10 am time today. We got in line around 9:50. Dh rode first through the normal queue and was done by 10:15 ish. I went through the LL. They said I could do the normal queue but I wasn’t that interested and dh said it wasn’t worth it. This ride is amazing! It’s so smooth and I love the different songs. I had “Everybody Wants to Rule the World” and dh had “One away or Another”. It gave me some space mountain vibes for sure

Here for my AP preview and can’t find my printed reservation or AP card. Just have my magic band. Will I be ok?
You don't need your printed reservation or your AP card. They scan your Magicband at 2 checkpoints (or at least they did for my preview) and you're good to go. I was worrying about the lack of an email as well but it turns out it wasn't needed.

Sorry that phone went to to the phone gods. Keep the line moving. :laughing:
That’s what I said :laughing: but they said they had to make sure it wasn’t somehow stuck in the ride mechanics because they couldn’t find it. Somebody in line yelled “BRING US THE TRAITOR” so that was going well.

It did eventually start up again and honestly the ride is pure joy so I have no residual annoyance. We were an hour late for Space 220 and they still sat us so overall a win for the day!

That’s what I said :laughing: but they said they had to make sure it wasn’t somehow stuck in the ride mechanics because they couldn’t find it. Somebody in line yelled “BRING US THE TRAITOR” so that was going well.

That's amazing!! :rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2: So did they find it or not? Was the person "oh oops it was in my bag the whole time"? :laughing:

Side note: could you imagine being THAT PERSON that breaks GOTG during the previews???

That's amazing!! :rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2: So did they find it or not? Was the person "oh oops it was in my bag the whole time"? :laughing:

Side note: could you imagine being THAT PERSON that breaks GOTG during the previews???
No clue, we went in and I was so excited I asked no questions :laughing:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter