GotG Cosmic Rewind AP previews

We had our preview yesterday morning (May 15). Our time slot was 10:30-11:00 but we got there early at 9:55 and they scanned us in, no problem. We were off the ride at 10:25. As others have mentioned, stay to the far right in the pre-shows and ask for row 9 for the most intense experience!! The queue was awesome but we moved so fast through it all that it was hard to absorb everything - definitely need another ride!

So, the ride was totally mind blowing and I am still trying to wrap my brain around it! My body felt sensations that were completely new and overwhelming. In the first stretch after the launch, I almost lost it and thought I couldn’t go on! Haha! But then I adjusted and had the most magical time ever - soooo amazing, mind totally blown! I will say, I do not usually have any issues with motion sickness, but I was on the brink with this one. My husband felt the same - we are coaster junkies/love thrill rides and to us, it was a lot! But in a good way. And we had Blondie “One way or another”, which was awesome!

We asked about a re-ride when we got off and the cast member at the disembarking point told us it depended on how the line was going…we asked upon exit and were told a firm “no”. We also tried to hop back in line and were told no again after they re-scanned our bands (idk how some people on the same day said they didn’t scan - they had a small army of cast members there barring entrance and checking bands). I was bummed since we travelled so far just for one day, but the ride was really amazing. I need to ride again to figure it all out! Mind blown, as I said before!

In conclusion, this ride is by far the best I have ever been on, Disney and beyond. It was so incredible, I talked about it with every cast member yesterday and today, and I absolutely cannot wait for my next chance to ride! This is an amazing addition to Epcot and I feel so fortunate to have experienced it!

Attachments

• 43EF5184-1B27-4D4C-A817-43D6DEB8B672.jpeg
    43EF5184-1B27-4D4C-A817-43D6DEB8B672.jpeg
    55.8 KB · Views: 29
We had our preview yesterday morning (May 15). Our time slot was 10:30-11:00 but we got there early at 9:55 and they scanned us in, no problem. We were off the ride at 10:25. As others have mentioned, stay to the far right in the pre-shows and ask for row 9 for the most intense experience!! The queue was awesome but we moved so fast through it all that it was hard to absorb everything - definitely need another ride!

So, the ride was totally mind blowing and I am still trying to wrap my brain around it! My body felt sensations that were completely new and overwhelming. In the first stretch after the launch, I almost lost it and thought I couldn’t go on! Haha! But then I adjusted and had the most magical time ever - soooo amazing, mind totally blown! I will say, I do not usually have any issues with motion sickness, but I was on the brink with this one. My husband felt the same - we are coaster junkies/love thrill rides and to us, it was a lot! But in a good way. And we had Blondie “One way or another”, which was awesome!

We asked about a re-ride when we got off and the cast member at the disembarking point told us it depended on how the line was going…we asked upon exit and were told a firm “no”. We also tried to hop back in line and were told no again after they re-scanned our bands (idk how some people on the same day said they didn’t scan - they had a small army of cast members there barring entrance and checking bands). I was bummed since we travelled so far just for one day, but the ride was really amazing. I need to ride again to figure it all out! Mind blown, as I said before!

In conclusion, this ride is by far the best I have ever been on, Disney and beyond. It was so incredible, I talked about it with every cast member yesterday and today, and I absolutely cannot wait for my next chance to ride! This is an amazing addition to Epcot and I feel so fortunate to have experienced it!
Yes, row 9! We were going to ask to wait for the front row but we were hot and tired and we decided to just take whatever. We got row 9 and I thought oh well, second to last. We will be back eventually.

And then row 9 became the front row :rotfl2: We were freaking out. It was so much fun!

ETA: we got I Ran for the music

Yes, row 9! We were going to ask to wait for the front row but we were hot and tired and we decided to just take whatever. We got row 9 and I thought oh well, second to last. We will be back eventually.

And then row 9 became the front row :rotfl2: We were freaking out. It was so much fun!

ETA: we got I Ran for the music
Another vote for Row 9. We rode it twice, and Row 9 was definitely the better of the two rides. (The first time we were in Row 3.)

Another vote for Row 9. We rode it twice, and Row 9 was definitely the better of the two rides. (The first time we were in Row 3.)
For those of us who are chickens but are going to try, is row 1 better? I usually skip all the coasters except 7D and SDD, but I have got to try! DH does sometimes get motion sickness (coasters are fine but FOP and Mission Space are not good and Remy he has to close his eyes for one part). He is going to take Dramamine and have some ginger candy before.

We had Disco Inferno and I sang and danced through the whole ride. Having the song mix from my teen/20’s helps. It brings back great memories.

I felt this was the best choice for a song but looking at the list? I’ll be good with ‘em all. Glad you liked yours too;

For those of us who are chickens but are going to try, is row 1 better? I usually skip all the coasters except 7D and SDD, but I have got to try! DH does sometimes get motion sickness (coasters are fine but FOP and Mission Space are not good and Remy he has to close his eyes for one part). He is going to take Dramamine and have some ginger candy before.
We were onwards the back. IDK, it was amazing and smooth!

Rode yesterday (10:30-11 time slot). Took 30 minutes from check-in to getting off the ride. No re-rides were allowed and the CM's scanning MB's told everyone this as they scanned in. I have issues with backwards and spinning so took Dramamine a couple of hours prior to riding and also did not eat anything prior. Still spent the last 15-20 seconds of the ride trying not to throw up. Felt fine within 15 minutes of getting off. I will most likely never ride it again, but it was soooo worth it. The ride itself is excellent. Very smooth, great music, great pre-show.

Editted to add: My ride photo showed up this morning.

Last edited:
We rode yesterday. I was a little concerned after reading about so many people who felt nauseous after riding, but neither my husband nor myself had any issues. Our reservation was for 2:30, but we were in the area at 1:50 so I asked the cast member what would be the earliest time they would let us in and she told us to go ahead and go in then. We both loved the ride and will definitely be doing it again in the future.

Hmmm...I was row 3 which then when its time to launch becomes near the back of the line. Is sitting in a higher row (near the front for launch) a more intense experience? Just curious I mean I was pretty happy with row 3 so I don't need to push it. I didn't feel anything weird or off (thank you dramamine for working!) & got to enjoy the whole experience and rest of my day.

It's been 2 days & still no picture so I am assuming it didn't work for me. That's a bummer cause that's my newest MB which I got end of last summer.

Hmmm...I was row 3 which then when its time to launch becomes near the back of the line. Is sitting in a higher row (near the front for launch) a more intense experience? Just curious I mean I was pretty happy with row 3 so I don't need to push it. I didn't feel anything weird or off (thank you dramamine for working!) & got to enjoy the whole experience and rest of my day.

It's been 2 days & still no picture so I am assuming it didn't work for me. That's a bummer cause that's my newest MB which I got end of last summer.
It can link with your phone too. There were instructions posted on the wall of the queue about how to check and make sure the picture would link.

I got scanned twice today. The first CM at the entrance to the event check in was just making sure everyone had a reservation. Then about 20 yards down was the first scan. Then another scan at the entrance to the ride.
How long did you wait on line to get onto the ride? We’re scheduled for Saturday and I am curious about what kind of wait time we should anticipate on the weekend.

How long did you wait on line to get onto the ride? We’re scheduled for Saturday and I am curious about what kind of wait time we should anticipate on the weekend.

What time are you? I was 10am on Sunday & I was done in about 30 minutes from walking in the "initial" checkpoint (not where they scan the 1st time) to walking out of the building after.

I saw the crowd outside at 10:45 looping lines towards the Connections area before the "initial" check in spot so I guess those people were waiting at least 45-60 minutes to get on the ride?

What time are you? I was 10am on Sunday & I was done in about 30 minutes from walking in the "initial" checkpoint (not where they scan the 1st time) to walking out of the building after.

I saw the crowd outside at 10:45 looping lines towards the Connections area before the "initial" check in spot so I guess those people were waiting at least 45-60 minutes to get on the ride?
Our time is not until 3:00. :( I hope that it's not going to be too long of a wait.

We are just getting home from our quick down and back trip just for the preview. Ours was Sunday at noon. Haven’t seen anyone else report our fun, maybe we were the only board members there at the time. We actually got evacuated from the ride. Got to see it with the lights on inside and everything. We did get a full ride as soon as it came back up so no issues there. I was never worried myself.

Rode this 9 times on Sunday. Once for our AP preview at 11:30 (wasn’t off the ride until close to 12:30; there was a fairly long wait) and then 8 times for the D23 event. Got soaked during the thunderstorm that popped up as we waited in the special Harmonious viewing area for the D23 event. Decided not to wait out the rain to watch Harmonious and ended up riding 3 more times before the event ended at 10:30.

It was an incredible experience; we got 5 of the 6 songs during our rides. The only song we never heard was Conga. On ride #5, our Starjumpers rolled backward down one of the hills and the ride shut down for a few minutes. When it started back up, there was no music or lights for the rest of the ride. Never felt any motion sickness and neither did my 60 year old MIL who was with me. I definitely put this at the top of my list of WDW coasters. It was so much fun and I’m really sad that I’ll probably never have a chance to ride it multiple times in a row again.

Rode this 9 times on Sunday. Once for our AP preview at 11:30 (wasn’t off the ride until close to 12:30; there was a fairly long wait) and then 8 times for the D23 event. Got soaked during the thunderstorm that popped up as we waited in the special Harmonious viewing area for the D23 event. Decided not to wait out the rain to watch Harmonious and ended up riding 3 more times before the event ended at 10:30.

It was an incredible experience; we got 5 of the 6 songs during our rides. The only song we never heard was Conga. On ride #5, our Starjumpers rolled backward down one of the hills and the ride shut down for a few minutes. When it started back up, there was no music or lights for the rest of the ride. Never felt any motion sickness and neither did my 60 year old MIL who was with me. I definitely put this at the top of my list of WDW coasters. It was so much fun and I’m really sad that I’ll probably never have a chance to ride it multiple times in a row again.
Just reading "9 times" made me queasy 🤢 :rotfl2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter