Great discounts for military! Please feel free to add yours

We called Ripley's aquarium yesterday to see what exactly the discount was. The aquarium wass $3.99, but you can buy a combined pass for all the Ripley's attractions for $10 per person!! All adults must show military ID. This has greatly reduced the expenses for our upcoming vacation, whew!

Anyone know of any other attractions in Gatlinburg with a military discount? Ober Gatlinburg tram, go karts, Reagan Terrace fun park?
Not Gatlinburg but Pigeon Forge.... Dollywood gives a good discount to active duty as well as retirees.

Anyone who is military can get a FREE day pass for them and family at SeaWorld.
LOVE IT :)

This does not include retirees.

The end of June we got a really good deal at the Courtyard by Marriot in Downtown Chattanooga. A $149. room was $87. :woohoo:

If you go to the main office of Tanger Outlets with your mil id you can recieve a coupon booklet good all year.

ToysRus gives a 10% discount - I have never used it however a friend of mine said it worked for her

IHOP gives a discount although I can't remember how much.

Patriots Point in Charleston SC is free for Active duty in uniform. Dependants recieve a discount although I can't remember how much

Universal is also giving away free 2 day tickets for military members

I have a detailed list, if anyone would like it just PM me.

We are going in 2 weeks and I have a list of at least 12 different attractions that we can do for under $150.00 total for a family of 4. :woohoo:

Hey I was wondering if you could send me the list of attractions for military that you have. We are going on vacation to gatlinburg/pigeon forge, tn next week. Thanks so much, Brittany

Hey I was wondering if you could send me the list of attractions for military that you have. We are going on vacation to gatlinburg/pigeon forge, tn next week. Thanks so much, Brittany

Hey! Your best deals will be with the Ripley's attractions, they are really good to the military....the aquarium was only $12 for our family of 4 and a regular price ticket is more than that. The Ripley's attractions also offer an all inclusive pass for $17 or $18 that gives you admission to the aquarium, both of their mini golf courses (one in PF/one in Gat), the Believe it or Not Museum, Guiness World Records, Mirror Maze, Haunted Adventure and it seems like there is something else.....I think it's 8 attractions in all so that's a super deal if you have the time for them.

Dollywood gives a pretty good discount, just google Dollywood military discount for info.

Most of the other attractions will give you $1 or $2 off. It never hurts to ask!

The Ripley's museums in San Antonio had great discounts as well. My SIL paid over $150 for her family of 5 to get a "combo pack" that included three different Ripley's "attractions" (belive it or not, wax, and another one I can't remember). Our family of 4 paid just $32 total for the same combo pack with our military discount.

The riverwalk cruises offered a discount, we got into Sea World for free, as well as discounts on food, locker rental, and purchases inside SW, we got a discount on tubing, the Almao IMAX film gave us a discount. That's all I can remember for now, but we got discounts at pretty much every place we went in San Antonio, including our hotel and most of our meals.

This isn't so much a discount but a really good freebie. If you have an ako account under self help there are library ebooks and audio books for free.

Also military one source gives free books out. It used to be 10 per year but now it's no limit, first come first serve. Some are nonfiction and there are also fiction and audio books. Most are paperback. It is free to sign up and then it's under the recreation tab on the home page. They mail them to you.

Always ask for a discount, some places don't always do them but will do it as a one time thing if you ask and others it varies by location or local manager.

hey there I just got married to a Veteran, and will be having our honeymoon in Gatlinburg just after Christmas.. I was wondering if these Military discounts in Gatlinburg qualify for him?! .. would love to eat at the Hard Rock Cafe and go to the Aquarium etc... is there anything for Vetarans.. would love to know! :)

Gatorland will give free admission to military member and 20% off up to 6 other tickets, I think. It says you have to get your free ticket voucher from ITT office but when I went to Gatorland and showed my ID for the discount figuring the 20% off was better than nothing, they just gave me my ticket free and I am actually not even the AD member, but the spouse. DH was not with us.

Also, the Michael's craft store in Sumter, SC will give 25% off entire purchase EVERY day to military of dependents. I think other Michael's stores do this on a certain day of the week but Sumter, SC really loves and appreciates their military folks.

If anyone will be in the Clearwater Florida area the aquarium there is free to active duty and their dependents. This is the aquarium where Winter from A Dolphin Tale lives. We went in July and it was pretty neat.

This isn't so much a discount but a really good freebie. If you have an ako account under self help there are library ebooks and audio books for free.

Also military one source gives free books out. It used to be 10 per year but now it's no limit, first come first serve. Some are nonfiction and there are also fiction and audio books. Most are paperback. It is free to sign up and then it's under the recreation tab on the home page. They mail them to you.

Always ask for a discount, some places don't always do them but will do it as a one time thing if you ask and others it varies by location or local manager.

Because this post was bumped somewhat recently I wanted to quote myself and change things. Military One Source no longer offers free books at all.

AKO library still has them online.

BMW offers up to $2500 credit for active or retired military. Transferable to their kids as well.

Raisin' Canes has a 10% discount
La Nouba at DTD has amazing discounts, you just have to book in person

My all time favorite though are the Southwest discounts. They vary by flight and you have to call, but in my experience they are VERY generous!

Some good info on here.. I didn't see Knott's Berry Farm on here, might have missed it though.
In November and December months Knott's Berry Farm has an AWESOME promotion to active, retired, and veteran appreciation .. the service member and a guest get in FREE and can buy up to 6 tickets for $19 each!! PLUS you can get a discount at the Knott's Hotel too!! We have been going every year for the past 6 yrs.. lots of fun especially if you have smaller kids!

BTW oh man I wish I had seen these posts before.. we just bought a BMW for me and that discount would have been nice!! Sigh oh well :confused3

Showcase Cinemas give a very generous discount. $5.00 to all movies before 6pm and $7.00 to all movies after 6pm. Includes Lux Level and Imax/3d movies.
Says online it ioncludes dependants, sometimes at the theatre they try to tell me its for the member only.

for E-1 to E-5, you can use turbo tax and do federal and state for free

Any rank can use H&R Block online for free through Military One Source--for federal and state, and even if you have schedules to add on. We have a rental property now and I as sure I'd have to pay for at least the upgrade, but the key code I got covered the whole preparation bill (Over $100!)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!