• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

greenban EXCLUSIVE: AKL FULL Point Charts

Guides have been given the go-ahead for discussing AKV about 5 minutes ago. All of the info I got from my guide seems to be matched perfectly to what I've seen posted.

Some additional info:

The developer points are NOT good at AK, you've got to use them elsewhere. They're good for 7 months from purchase.

Minimum add-on is 100.

There are only 5 club-level rooms. MS is going to LOOOOOVE this!

Only five total? That seems to be rediculously low number of "club-level" rooms. Is there are only 5, did you guide say wgich room types they were?

Folks, before you report a mistake or ask a question, wait a few minutes. Tony is editing as fast as he can!!!!!

You are a true genius, Tony. I will dedicate my first drink on the balcony of the room where I spend my first night as a DVC member at AKV to you!!!!

Can I join you? Greenban's post has me really fired up. Now all I have to do is figure out how many points I want. 500 sounds pretty good!!!!!!!!!!

P.s. I'll bring the drinks, maybe we'll even invite the errrrrrr... um.... infamous Tony.

Thanks again Tony.:thumbsup2

Only five total? That seems to be rediculously low number of "club-level" rooms. Is there are only 5, did you guide say wgich room types they were?

It's available for studio, 1BR, and 2BR. So, whatever combo of lock-offs give you the total 5, that's it. That's all she wrote. It's going to be like getting CRT, but worse. :lmao: On the bright side, these will have a sav. view.

Are club level rooms the rooms that are located in AKL. Are there are some located in AKL that are not considered club level?

greenban you've got my head spinning!!! we're booked 4/15 on rcl's freedom of the seas. I'm all paid up! Do I cancel the cruise and get back all the money I paid except for $180.00 cancellation fees! which would be about $5300 and put that towards 150 points at AKV!! I've still got 229 points from my 06 UY, I'm sure I'd be able to find something that same week at Disney so we'd still be able to vacation. Tough decision and even tougher to explain it to the wife:lmao: I've got til 2/4 to cancel if I decide to.
So the ? is, a week on one of the world largest cruise ships or a good payment towards 50 years at AKV.:scared1:

My head is spinning now, too. I don't understand the developer points. I think I'd like the $93 price per point instead...

BUT, if I buy 180 points and would like to use points to stay at AKV just for one night (currently have a cash reservation for 12/1/07) this year, will I be able to do that? Sounds like I couldn't use developer points but then I'm not sure who WILL have points, developer or regular, to start staying at AKV when it opens in September...

I have October UY for BWV and VWL so I'd really like October for AKV, too. I wonder if that's possible at this point?

Are club level rooms the rooms that are located in AKL. Are there are some located in AKL that are not considered club level?

There are going to be many rooms in the original lodge that are villas, but not club level. For example, the value rooms are what they can fit into the old standard-size rooms at the original lodge, with some reconstruction.

My head is spinning now, too. I don't understand the developer points. I think I'd like the $93 price per point instead...

BUT, if I buy 180 points and would like to use points to stay at AKV just for one night (currently have a cash reservation for 12/1/07) this year, will I be able to do that? Sounds like I couldn't use developer points but then I'm not sure who WILL have points, developer or regular, to start staying at AKV when it opens in September...

I have October UY for BWV and VWL so I'd really like October for AKV, too. I wonder if that's possible at this point?

As I understand it, all 2007 UY are available. (In fact, doesn't Disney require you buy the same UY when buying through them?) If you added on, your points would start as of 10/07. The developer points are in addition to the UY points and have a shelf-life of 7 months from point of purchase. Developer points aren't good at AKV.

I think it is smart - with only 5 rooms you got to own AKV to stay in these 5 rooms.

standard at the AKL is never that much in demand so I don't think that standard (value) rooms will be here. most people will probably want a savannah room.

okay besides cheap people like me that try to make a dine into a dollar.

am I figuring right???

dream season - 1 wk - studio - only 135 pts??? for CONCIERGE???
The points for club level studios are enticing. The question is, what exactly is included? Do you just get the chance to sign up for the sunrise and sunset safari, or will it include everything currently offered at the current AKL concierge level? So far I haven't seen any details about "club level" so I'm trying not to get too excited yet in case it turns out to be too good to be true!

As I understand it, all 2007 UY are available. (In fact, doesn't Disney require you buy the same UY when buying through them?) If you added on, your points would start as of 10/07. The developer points are in addition to the UY points and have a shelf-life of 7 months from point of purchase. Developer points aren't good at AKV.
Yes, all 2007 UY are available. I spoke to my guide and we will be buying 200 October UY points at 8 am on Thursday morning. :yay: We are taking the $93 price instead of the developer points.

So, is this 5 TOTAL Concierge rooms or 5 in EACH type of room configuration ?

Either way, talk about competition!!! You'd HAVE to have home resort advantage and even then it's going to be a dog fight with so few of them!!! :scared1:

It is possible that the Value rooms will be much smaller than usual DVC rooms. A Report from the CA Dept of RE, which was selling BWV, not AKV, reflects amendments made on 10/06/06.
From the Report (quoted except for some abbreviations):

Disney’s Animal Kingdom Resort (7,353,696 Vacation Points): NOTE: THERE IS NO ASSURANCE THIS RESORT WILL BE ADDED TO THE DISNEY VACATION CLUB):
Type of Vacation Home --- Quantity
Grand Villa Vacation home (3BR/4BA; 2,201 sq.ft.) --- 22
Two-Bedroom Vacation Home (2BR/2BA; 1075 sq.ft.) --- 140
Two-Bedroom Vacation Home – locked-off One Bedroom and studio
Vacation Home possible but not dedicated (2BR/2BA; 945 sq.ft.) --- 250
Studio Vacation Homes (1BR/1BA; 316 sq.ft.) --- 46
Total Number of Vacation Homes --- 458

According to this official Report, in the AKV, there will be 46 studios that are 316 sf and 250 2 BR lock-off that will be only 945 sf. This is interesting becuase the rooms pictured in the Declaration of Condominium for AKV show two adjoining studios to be built in the existing AKL building that appear to be about 890 sf total and 445 sf each.

So, is this 5 TOTAL Concierge rooms or 5 in EACH type of room configuration ?

Either way, talk about competition!!! You'd HAVE to have home resort advantage and even then it's going to be a dog fight with so few of them!!! :scared1:
Five total villas at club level would be nonsensical so I find it hard to believe that that is accurate. If we're all calling day by day for early December there is no way that anyone would get their entire set of days with only five rooms up for grabs. Even five rooms of each villa type will be difficult but five villas total makes no sense.

I could be wrong, but my understanding from my guide is 5 total. Didn't make sense to her either. :confused3

It will include all of the conceirge amenities: breakfast, snacks, planning help, opportunity to purchase sunrise safari... But the rooms will still operate on the same housekeeping schedule of DVC rooms with T&T and full cleans dependent on length of stay.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter