greenban EXCLUSIVE: AKL FULL Point Charts

Five total villas at club level would be nonsensical so I find it hard to believe that that is accurate. If we're all calling day by day for early December there is no way that anyone would get their entire set of days with only five rooms up for grabs. Even five rooms of each villa type will be difficult but five villas total makes no sense.

yea but look at it from a selling view point. If you really want the club you HAVE to buy it.

still 5 villa type would make more sense - because Tony has points for each villa in club.

I was told only Oct, Sept Dec. will have 2007 points and all others will be 2008 points.
My guide said there were points in all 2007 UY that are being offered to current members, but when those are sold, then only 2008 will be available.

I'm not sure what the first UY is that will be sold to nonmembers.

am I figuring right???

dream season - 1 wk - studio - only 135 pts??? for CONCIERGE???

Yes BUT with only FIVE rooms what do you think your odds are of getting it? While I think this is a nice perk based on current info I am not planning on using it much LOL (Poor MS!)

I think it is smart - with only 5 rooms you got to own AKV to stay in these 5 rooms.

standard at the AKL is never that much in demand so I don't think that standard (value) rooms will be here. most people will probably want a savannah room.

okay besides cheap people like me that try to make a dine into a dollar.

I wonder what the point rental cost will be on those reservations...:rotfl2:

"Dime into a dollar" is my middle name. That's why I'm strongly considering an add-on at AKV. I'll book that value view and walk over to the savanna.:cool1: I'm pretty sure we aren't alone spiceycat. It's people like us that make getting a standard view at BWV just about impossible at the 7mos window.

"Dime into a dollar" is my middle name. That's why I'm strongly considering an add-on at AKV. I'll book that value view and walk over to the savanna.:cool1: I'm pretty sure we aren't alone spiceycat. It's people like us that make getting a standard view at BWV just about impossible at the 7mos window.

Hello my name is Kim and I too am a thrifty point spender.:)

Thanks Tony we will soon see if you are right.

First off, thanks Mr. Frogman Tony! The only thing rousing me from the cold winter doldrums are these tidbits pieces of news from Disney.

We originally purchased 200 pts at SSR and just added on 120 last month. We love that resort and with 320 points it means we can do multi-week stays, splurge for weekends, get smaller or larger accommodations, or resort hop as we need it.

I'm not tempted enough to buy AKV, but those point charts sure make a stay seem reasonable in our future. (Sidenote: one reason I even followed the road to DVC was an interest in staying at AKL.)

I'm with those who aren't so ga-ga for Club. Concierge doesn't rock my world, not when I do all my arrangements beforehand and have a kitchen for my own snacks. I'd love to stay in a Savannah view room, but standard will work fine too. My only concern is needing an accessible room for longer than 2 night stays. (Must have my roll-in shower.)

I guess I'll be waiting to see how the 7 month window plays out at this resort. I'm hoping to see some availability in the September/October months. (I've learned already that Christmas is best booked at home and SSR is the closest to my Christmas shopping destination.)

I think AK may be different. I cannot justify paying points for a view at BW. I can at AK. And I don't think I am alone.

Thank you Tony for the Info. I love the Animal Kingdom Lodge. Almost didn't buy into DVC because we loved staying there.

Thanks Tony. You've made my week brighter (and my wallet lighter).

I thought I remembered some wagering a while back on whether the points at AKV would be more than or the same as VWL, BCV and BWV preferred. Looks like there are plenty of weeks that are more and plenty that are less at AKV. What math genius will be able to settle those bets? :teacher:

Can someone please explain the difference in taking the developer points VS the $93.00 per point incentive? Im very confused!!! :scratchin

Can someone please explain the difference in taking the developer points VS the $93.00 per point incentive? Im very confused!!! :scratchin

Here goes, as I understood it from my guide. Say you buy 102 points with a March UY and take the developer points. You would receive 102 AK, March 2007 points as part of your contract PLUS 102 points to use at any other DVC resort within 7 months of your purchase date. Developer points are not good at AK and are not bankable. If you take the cash discount, you get your March 2007 points only.

HTH. Heck, I hope I understand correctly.

I was told only Oct, Sept Dec. will have 2007 points and all others will be 2008 points.

I'm not doubting that's what you were told. That's what my guide initially thought, and then while she was talking to me she found the info about the use years. All will be available for 2007. This makes sense with the 2057 expiration date, too. Think about it, if only the later month UYs were available, it isn't really a 50-year development.

Because if they give out all of the 2007 UY's then People with lets say Feb UY would get there points in the next few days then two month after someone that has a DEC UY . So really they are getting an extra Year of points. Correct me if I am wrong.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter