greenban EXCLUSIVE: AKL FULL Point Charts

Because if they give out all of the 2007 UY's then People with lets say Feb UY would get there points in the next few days then two month after someone that has a DEC UY . So really they are getting an extra Year of points. Correct me if I am wrong.

People with FebUY will get exactly the same number of years of points as people with Dec UY over the life of the contract if they both get 2007 points.

But they would only get lets say 2 month if they had DEC. to use there points. at the end of the contract. But I guess they could borrow.

Here goes, as I understood it from my guide. Say you buy 102 points with a March UY and take the developer points. You would receive 102 AK, March 2007 points as part of your contract PLUS 102 points to use at any other DVC resort within 7 months of your purchase date. Developer points are not good at AK and are not bankable. If you take the cash discount, you get your March 2007 points only.

HTH. Heck, I hope I understand correctly.

So if I understand you correctly I would get 102 AK points to be used as my DVC points are now. I would also get 102 developer points that would only be able to use at another DVC resort within 7 months. But I could use the 103 AK points at the AK lodge or bank them. Am I on the right path....:drive:

So from what I understand, it seems there are only 2008 UY avail? I currently have a Feb UY, so mine would be 2008 points. If I take a trip this summer (2007) can I borrow those AKL points and stay at another DVC resort?

Well it seem you will get your Feb UY points in 2007 from what other guides have been saying. My guide says other wise but she goes through training tomorrow so maybe other guides already have gone through training and maybe they covered that.

So from what I understand, it seems there are only 2008 UY avail? I currently have a Feb UY, so mine would be 2008 points. If I take a trip this summer (2007) can I borrow those AKL points and stay at another DVC resort?

My guide had the training today and says that all UYs in 2007 have points available so you should be able to get Feb 2007 UY points.

But they would only get lets say 2 month if they had DEC. to use there points. at the end of the contract. But I guess they could borrow.

No. There is no "only two months" to use points at the end of the contract. Every UY is 12 months long, always.

I am having so much fun with these numbers!

I have figured out that Thanksgiving week 2009(going by current choice and magic dates) in a 2 bedroom savanah view will cost 315 points for 7 nights. That means, we need to purchase 160 points. We were going to buy 150 points, but 160 will make things much easier.
:cool1:

My guide had the training today and says that all UYs in 2007 have points available so you should be able to get Feb 2007 UY points.

Does anyone know if we will be able to choose our UY? I would like it to match my other contracts, and be in June.

So if I understand you correctly I would get 102 AK points to be used as my DVC points are now. I would also get 102 developer points that would only be able to use at another DVC resort within 7 months. But I could use the 103 AK points at the AK lodge or bank them. Am I on the right path....:drive:

Yes. And a lovely path it is, too.

Does anyone know if we will be able to choose our UY? I would like it to match my other contracts, and be in June.

When you buy through Disney, your use years must match on all of your contracts. Therefore, this add on will match as well.

It's true that contracts for all resorts end on Jan 31st so those with a Dec UY may have less time after the start of their final UY to use their points. But nobody knows what Disney might do as the contracts are nearing their end date. Disney might allow points to be borrowed two years ahead, or they might restrict a resort within 2 years of expiration to be bookable by owners only (so they have plenty of availability to use up the points). Or allow owners at 2042 resorts to continue to use their points at the later-expiring resorts until the end of their UY. Hard to say but even though I have a later UY (Oct), it's not something I worry about. An Oct UY works so well for me, I would rather have 35 years free of "cancellation anxiety" and not worry too much about what's going to happen in the year 2042.

Here goes, as I understood it from my guide. Say you buy 102 points with a March UY and take the developer points. You would receive 102 AK, March 2007 points as part of your contract PLUS 102 points to use at any other DVC resort within 7 months of your purchase date. Developer points are not good at AK and are not bankable. If you take the cash discount, you get your March 2007 points only.

HTH. Heck, I hope I understand correctly.

I'd be able to rent my developer points, right?

WHAT TO DO?????

I just realized something! Dh and I were going to take the discounted price over the developers points. We are going in August, and would not be able to use the points within 7 months, so I thought. I was just thinking, we could add days to our August trip! DUH.

We could go down the 4 nights before. We are getting AP's because we have our August trip, and then the cruise in April 08, so we were going to do a few days after the cruise in the parks.

WWYD? Would it be worth it to pay the price for the developers points, or could I use my AK points for booking in August at another resort? If we are getting 07 points, then I really won't need AKV points until 08 to bank into 09 for a Thanksgiving trip.

I'd be able to rent my developer points, right?

You probably can but you know what it may not be worth it. This is coming from someone who avereged $14 per pont on rentals.

I'd just take the gauranteed $8 per point off for a final price of $93. Not worth the headache especially when many are adding on low numbers of points.

Lets say a 150 point add on: $10 per point average if you use the rent/trade board. You would be getting $2 more per point than if you took the discount. That is $300. Is $300 worth the effort to you? It isn't to me so I'll take the discount.

You probably can but you know what it may not be worth it. This is coming from someone who avereged $14 per pont on rentals.

I'd just take the gauranteed $8 per point off for a final price of $93. Not worth the headache especially when many are adding on low numbers of points.

Lets say a 150 point add on: $10 per point average if you use the rent/trade board. You would be getting $2 more per point than if you took the discount. That is $300. Is $300 worth the effort to you? It isn't to me so I'll take the discount.

Yup I agree, I thought about it but its not worth my time really, and they might not let you. :confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter