Have you ever loved a TV program as a kid, then recently watched a rerun of it

low-key

14001, 60056, 224
and it was so bad you couldn't finish

Charlie Angles and Night Stalker , I knew they were never great literary works of art, but oh my, they stunk

I’m not sure how Street Justice would hold up after all these tears, but then again, Carl Weathers is so hot right now.

Small Wonder. Oh man, my brother and I used to WORSHIP this show. Watching it again as an adult some years ago after the first two seasons were released on DVD, I saw how absolutely terrible the show really is, but I will continue to love it for nostalgic reasons. Unfortunately the DVD sales were apparently so poor that they never finished releasing the series, LOL.

The acting was sooo bad on a lot of shows. I will land on a soap opera and watch 2 seconds of it. Why in the hell did I rush home from school everyday for that crap?

I used to adore Courtship of Eddie's father. I had such a crush on Eddie. Plus the theme song was my favorite to sing. I am sure if I watched it today I would cringe..

I rewatched Night Court recently and honestly it holds up! Especially the episodes with John Astin still had me laughing!

Most of the animated stuff I watched when I was small though... terrible. Watching through the old She-ra and just... UGH.

It wasn't that recent, but I remember once was able to stream Hawaii Five-O and S.W.A.T. episodes for free on Hulu when they had ad-supported service. As a kid they were so awesome, but as an adult I realized how bad the production value was and how horrible the acting was. I actually sat through them, but then realized they weren't very good.

The other one was the short-lived ABC series Supercarrier. I'm not sure where it's streamed but I found some video site that had a few full episodes and I realize how bad it was. However, there was this one episode I remember (even in high school) where one scene was just horrible. They wanted to show a scene of a Soviet Air Force pilot defecting and trying to land his plane on a carrier using an emergency net. The plane was some fictional Mig but was portrayed with a US Navy F-16N (which can't realistically land on a carrier anyways). They didn't have too many special effects so they cobbled a composite of a botched landing using archival footage of real planes using an emergency net and one of an ejection off the side of a carrier. The planes were clearly different, and the footage showed ejection from a two seat aircraft with two parachutes opening when the plane in question was a single seater.

actually i am really enjoying watching some older shows, not nesc. ones from when i was a kid but a younger adult. some hold up, some don't. i'm loving 'designing women', dh is really loving 'babylon 5' and both of us enjoy 'grace under fire'.

the crazy thing is-the shows i watched as a kid are for the most part considered classics these days but i can't stand watching them b/c the comedies are so corny (mary tyler moore show for instance) or so formula driven (any of the old cop/detective shows) or so angry (all in the family). the ones that i really miss are the old 'abc movie of the week' and 'after school specials'. i'm guessing i would likely cringe watching some of them now.

I rewatched Night Court recently and honestly it holds up! Especially the episodes with John Astin still had me laughing!

Most of the animated stuff I watched when I was small though... terrible. Watching through the old She-ra and just... UGH.

But I'm feeling much better now.

I loved all the ABC Saturday morning animation, including Super Friends, The Tom & Jerry/Grape Ape Show, and other Hanna Barbera animation. Many were shown in syndication later in the 80s and man they didn't age well even after less than a decade. But then Adult Swim had Harvey Birdman, Attorney at Law which breathed new life into all that junk I saw as a kid.

I loved all the ABC Saturday morning animation, including Super Friends, The Tom & Jerry/Grape Ape Show, and other Hanna Barbera animation. Many were shown in syndication later in the 80s and man they didn't age well even after less than a decade. But then Adult Swim had Harvey Birdman, Attorney at Law which breathed new life into all that junk I saw as a kid.

if you want a good cringy laugh catch 'the banana splits movie'-it's slasher comedy at it's 'finest' :rolleyes:

i miss the saturday morning cartoons. when dh i were first married it was the last couple of years they ran. i remember doing my household stuff on saturdays with cartoons on the tv followed up by our local cable's 'bollywood movie of the week' (no idea why they ran these movies as there was no significant fan base).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter