Have you gotten a COVID vaccine?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got the J&J vaccine and started out with just some pain at the injection site (more than the usual flu shot). About 8 hours in, I got a bad headache, and at the 12 hour mark started running a low fever with full body aches. Didn't sleep well that night and still didn't feel well the next morning, but I didn't take any medication since my fever wasn't high. By later that day I was feeling much better. After 48 hours I felt pretty much back to normal except for mild pain at the injection site, but no redness or swelling. So glad to be vaccinated. I am BF and hoping it will help pass some immunity to my baby.

My wife got her first dose of Moderna yesterday. She wanted to get the J&J vaccine but apparently there is a shortage so I got her an appointment for Moderna instead. Well, she’s currently in bed and had a really, really rough night. She’s not too happy with me at the moment.

I get my second dose of Pfizer today. Hopefully I won’t have bad side effects...

My wife got her first dose of Moderna yesterday. She wanted to get the J&J vaccine but apparently there is a shortage so I got her an appointment for Moderna instead. Well, she’s currently in bed and had a really, really rough night. She’s not too happy with me at the moment.

I get my second dose of Pfizer today. Hopefully I won’t have bad side effects...
Oh no.. so sorry to hear, hopefully she feels better quick.

Got my second Pfizer at 1pm today. Here in Atlanta Walgreens was setting online second shot appointments 4 weeks out until the CDC told them to go back to the 3 week Pfizer timeframe a day or so ago. My original second appointment was to have been next Tuesday but I called the pharmacy at 10am and asked if I could get in earlier and was told yes. They had appointments at 1and 4pm today. They just took my name and DOB over the phone and said “see you at 1pm”. 😍
Nothing but a slightly sore arm so far. I’ve been staying hydrated and exercising my arm so I feel like that has helped.
I saw an article in NYT about Walgreens scheduling that way! In February, my dad told me the dates of his upcoming appointments at Walgreens, and since they were 4 weeks apart, I said, "oh okay, so you're getting Moderna." Turns out he actually got Pfizer which was a head scratcher to me at the time. So that explains that. He just got #2 on Monday, no huge side effects as far as I know.

So at this point, my husband and I are fully vaccinated. My mom got J&J last month, and she came to visit this past weekend! Our first visitor inside the house since who knows when, and while she did come into the house at some point last year, we did wear masks at that time...this time, no masks. I thought it would be weird/worrying to me but it just felt normal. And that normal feeling was so nice!

Having said that, I'm not sure we'll feel 100% until our 2.5-year-old can get a vaccine and it sounds like that won't be until early 2022 at the earliest. But very grateful for the progress we have made!

I was holding out for J&J (wanted it for the humoral immunity), but after weeks of trying to schedule for that specific one with no success I finally caved and got Pfizer 3/23/21. I am scheduled for 2nd shot 4/13/21. My husband was more stubborn than me and refused to get Pfizer (he just didn’t want two shots). So he gets a call yesterday from our neighbor who owns a pharmacy that says that they have J&J in stock and would he like one that afternoon. Now my husband will not let me hear the end of how “He’s fully vax’d and I’m not.” :rolleyes2 Oh well, at least we’re both on our way!

I was holding out for J&J (wanted it for the humoral immunity), but after weeks of trying to schedule for that specific one with no success I finally caved and got Pfizer 3/23/21. I am scheduled for 2nd shot 4/13/21. My husband was more stubborn than me and refused to get Pfizer (he just didn’t want two shots). So he gets a call yesterday from our neighbor who owns a pharmacy that says that they have J&J in stock and would he like one that afternoon. Now my husband will not let me hear the end of how “He’s fully vax’d and I’m not.” :rolleyes2 Oh well, at least we’re both on our way!

Technically, J&J takes longer to get full immunity after the shot, so you'll both be "fully immunized" around the same time:)...

Just got my first dose of Pfizer this morning. Decided to get it after all and am already feeling a bit of relief that things may feel more normal for all of us in the coming months as a result. DH and DD are getting theirs on Friday. Oldest DD got J&J last month. Only one still waiting is my DS who will be eligible on the 16th with everyone else.

The joke is on him. He won't technically be fully vaxed for a month after his shot on May 6, (according to J and J. ) You, on the other hand, who wisely will get your second shot the 13th, will be fully vaxed two weeks later on April 27, (according to Pfizer) a full 9 days before him. Gryffindor wins the house cup.

Last edited:
Got my first dose of Pfizer on Sunday. Amazing set-up at the Oregon Convention Center, about a 15 minute drive from my house. Hundreds of volunteers smoothly directing thousands being vaccinated. Walked inside and joined a quickly moving line, only stopping momentarily to answer the current health/allergy questions and to quickly fill out the short form. I was back out the door about 1/2 hour later, including the 15 minute observation afterwards, in which my second appointment was made. Only the tiniest bit of injection site soreness through the next day. Had to poke it to even feel the soreness. My husband has had his first dose of Moderna at a drive-thru event at the Nike Headquarters parking lot, with similar lack of side effects.

Still waiting as the over 30s have yet to be invited in my area. However, there are delays due to vaccine supplies, and concerns about blood clotting in younger recipients of the AstraZeneca vaccine are already leading to calls for the vaccine to be limited to older age groups, which leaves the UK with just Pfizer, Moderna and Jansson/J&J for the younger age groups, and the other vaccines have yet to be approved.

Both the Pfizer and Moderna vaccines produce humoral immunity. Not sure why you thought they didn't.

My husband got his 2nd Moderna shot Monday morning and felt bad all day yesterday, tired, achy, chills, nausea, etc. Different from my second Pfizer shot, I only had a sore arm. My son who had covid in August at college, got his 1st Pfizer shot Friday at his school, and he had no complaints. I was surprised since he was symptomatic with covid, fever, cough, headache, and is still testing positive for the antibodies.

Technically, J&J takes longer to get full immunity after the shot, so you'll both be "fully immunized" around the same time:)...
The joke is on him. He won't technically be fully vaxed for a month after his shot on May 6, (according to J and J. ) You, on the other hand, who wisely will get your second shot the 13th, will be fully vaxed two weeks later on April 27, (according to Pfizer) a full 9 days before him. Gryffindor wins the house cup.
According to the CDC you are considered fully vaccinated 2 weeks after the J&J.

According to the CDC you are considered fully vaccinated 2 weeks after the J&J.

View attachment 567318
That's basically true. There is additional information for those who want the details.

How long does it take for protection to kick in?
With all three vaccines, immunity builds over a few weeks after immunization. Data from Johnson & Johnson show that most vaccinated trial participants had a robust immune response 15 days after getting the shot, with significant protection reached by day 29.

https://www.npr.org/sections/health...son-johnsons-covid-19-vaccine-we-have-answers

I got my second Pfizer earlier today. I was fine up until around dinner time. I passed out on the couch. During my moments of consciousness, I heard my youngest tell the oldest that she was going outside. The oldest asked why and the youngest said, "Daddy is dead. I'm going to go get him some flowers so he'll live again." It didn't really make any sense to me but I do remember smiling.

I got my second Pfizer shot yesterday at the Orange County Convention Center. It was defiantly busier than my first shot, but the process was still smooth. I woke up at 3 am with a horrible headache and the chills. I took my temperature and it was higher (my norm is 97.3) but not quite a fever.

That's basically true. There is additional information for those who want the details.

How long does it take for protection to kick in?
With all three vaccines, immunity builds over a few weeks after immunization. Data from Johnson & Johnson show that most vaccinated trial participants had a robust immune response 15 days after getting the shot, with significant protection reached by day 29.

https://www.npr.org/sections/health...son-johnsons-covid-19-vaccine-we-have-answers
Yea, I’m not sure why the CDC has decided these time frames. In the Pfizer trial, efficacy was evaluated in people 7 days after their second vaccine, but CDC says you aren’t fully vaccinated until 14 days after? The actual Pfizer trial published in NEJM looks at case counts placebo vs. vaccine and they don’t have this 14 day after second dose time frame thing. And the J and J vaccine gives some immunity 2 weeks after, but I wouldn’t call it fully vaccinated at that point either (as far as maximum immunity). I think people will hear “if I get J and J I am fully vaccinated and maximally protected in 2 weeks instead of waiting 6 like Moderna and Pfizer“ , but that is not necessarily true. They have shown pretty substantial protection starting 14 + days after Pfizer first vaccine

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter