Have you gotten a COVID vaccine?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh wow. Since residents are most at risk from the people who work there, that's really disappointing. What a waste.

Yeah, and it’s a decent facility. My dads cousins son (lol) is a pharmacist giving vaccines in LTC facilities and says only like 30% of employees are getting it in the facilities he has been to. That seems crazy to me. As a teacher I want it for myself AND my students. They can just hand over their doses to me! Lol.

In other news, the 6 pediatricians at my sons doc office have now gotten theirs and they are working on the nurses getting them. My cousin in law (lol again) is a nurse in a different part of the state and got hers today. It’s nice to see people I know personally getting them.

https://www.kshb.com/news/coronavirus/olathe-senior-living-facility-vaccinates-all-residents
One of the first long-term facilities in the metro to have it happen.

Contained within the article: "Because of the vaccinations, family members will be able to visit starting Monday, with new guidelines and rules in place. It's this reason alone why many residents said, 'Yes,' to the vaccine."

Yeah they might be jumping the gun. I read through my Moderna paperwork and it says full vaccination is achieved 2 weeks after the SECOND shot

Moderna shot earlier today (I go into LTC places). Holy sore arm, way worse than flu shot. Mild headache but that could be because of weather (snow/pressure system).

The soreness is something, way worse than the tetanus one .....it finally started to *look* like how it *felt* today lol

EBD115FD-C6F8-4FFC-8146-1EF7017C5840.jpeg

My dad texted me today and said the majority of workers at my grandmas LTC facility aren’t getting the vaccine :-( She was supposed to get hers last week, but it got delayed. I hope they get to the residents soon since the workers don’t want it. None of the people that care for her personally are going to get it.
Is there another LTC facility he can move her to? I wouldn't want my Mom or grandma in that facility.

Here is a State By State Guide to Covid Vaccine Information

https://www.webmd.com/vaccines/covi...e-by-state-guide-to-covid-vaccine-information
“Experts suggest regularly checking state public health department websites for information. Some states offer vaccine safety information, details about who qualifies for vaccines now, and ways to sign up for COVID-19 and vaccine alerts. Those websites are listed below.”

How are they watching for vaccine reactions if everyone is driving through?

The whole progression is:
Drive in and get directed to a lane where you wait in line, moving up bit by bit. As you move up you come to a person who checks you in and sets up your appointment for vaccine #2, they also give you info on v-safe. Then you get to the injection area where they review your paperwork and double check your allergies and risks. You get the vaccine and they put the time on a sticky note on your windshield. You then drive a short way to another line where you wait 15 minutes. If you start to have a reaction you honk your horn and put on your hazard lights. As each person reaches the 15 minute mark, someone comes over and checks to make sure you’re okay then you drive away.
This was replicated in 3 different areas so they were able to move quite a few people through. The whole process took about an hour and 15 minutes.

This is how our drive through process worked as well.

Yeah they might be jumping the gun. I read through my Moderna paperwork and it says full vaccination is achieved 2 weeks after the SECOND shot

The soreness is something, way worse than the tetanus one .....it finally started to *look* like how it *felt* today lol

View attachment 547105
That shot wasn't given correctly. It should have been central and a couple inches up. Whoever gave it to you needs some additional training.

My dad texted me today and said the majority of workers at my grandmas LTC facility aren’t getting the vaccine :-( She was supposed to get hers last week, but it got delayed. I hope they get to the residents soon since the workers don’t want it. None of the people that care for her personally are going to get it.
I know my wife has been told that once the vaccines have formal FDA Approval and not just an EUA, it will be mandatory. If you don't get it, you won't have a job.

And meanwhile, this is the company that operates one of the two hospitals in my city, my wife works for the other one.
https://www.wbay.com/2020/12/31/aur...intentionally-removed-not-due-to-human-error/They've been fired, I'd really like to see criminal charges. I could see an attempted manslaughter charge.

Yeah I mentioned what I thought in a prior post to another poster though I don't disagree with you.

View attachment 547105
Yipes! Hope that goes down soon

^ I was thinking the location wasn’t right, too, Birdie.
It's an IM vaccine. Looking at the provided picture, it was given as a subcutaneous injection. (And that is in NO WAY implying her arms are "fat" it's just no a location where you're hitting much muscle). That photo needs to be shown to whoever is running that vaccine clinic. Additional training is necessary...

I'll also add that at my vaccine clinic, I'm one of few actual working nurses giving vaccines. Many are admin or "non-essential" staff. They had to pass out a similar photo for them too as a few vaccines were incorrectly placed.

I know my wife has been told that once the vaccines have formal FDA Approval and not just an EUA, it will be mandatory. If you don't get it, you won't have a job.

And meanwhile, this is the company that operates one of the two hospitals in my city, my wife works for the other one.
https://www.wbay.com/2020/12/31/aur...intentionally-removed-not-due-to-human-error/They've been fired, I'd really like to see criminal charges. I could see an attempted manslaughter charge.
This is local for me too. A very disgusting and unnecessary act.
I doubt it will result in an attempted manslaughter charge however.

It's an IM vaccine. Looking at the provided picture, it was given as a subcutaneous injection. (And that is in NO WAY implying her arms are "fat" it's just no a location where you're hitting much muscle). That photo needs to be shown to whoever is running that vaccine clinic. Additional training is necessary...

I'll also add that at my vaccine clinic, I'm one of few actual working nurses giving vaccines. Many are admin or "non-essential" staff. They had to pass out a similar photo for them too as a few vaccines were incorrectly placed.

Is the vaccine rendered not effective if injected like this?

That's sad. I do have a question about it though. If the residents at the LTC get it, they will be protected, correct? (Up to 95%, or whatever the efficacy is). And if they do come in contact with an infected worker and contract Covid, their case should hopefully be not severe? (I think that is what the vaccine does?) I personally think all of the employees that are able to get it should, but if they won't cases should still go down in LTC facilities?

I got my first dose (Moderna) Tuesday afternoon. Mildly sore arm, no other side effects!! Bring on #2!!

This is local for me too. A very disgusting and unnecessary act.
I doubt it will result in an attempted manslaughter charge however.
I'm surprised that the company's message is they are "more than disappointed that this individual’s actions will result in a delay of more than 500 people receiving their vaccine.” ....more than disappointed?? Well they seem to be taking it better than I am...me? I'm sitting here like how heartless and awful do you have to be to intentionally do something like that?

I'm surprised that the company's message is they are "more than disappointed that this individual’s actions will result in a delay of more than 500 people receiving their vaccine.” ....more than disappointed?? Well they seem to be taking it better than I am...me? I'm sitting here like how heartless and awful do you have to be to intentionally do something like that?
I don't know who writes the press releases for the company. But I agree, I would have used stronger language than "more than disappointed".
Peoples actions make less and less sense to me these days.
If the employee didn't personally want the vaccine, that's his/her choice..... But to take away the option from others to get the vaccine, is downright cruel!

My arm is being held a little weird in my photo, if I let it hang down naturally at my side it does line up like in your picture. It also did go straight in, not subcutaneous, I think it just decided to swell up oddly. The swelling is already down today, just red (and a little itchy now)

^^^^Sorry meant to tag you in the above

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter