Having a hard time today

Hi All,

Glad you are getting nice weather Mommasita, it is a beautiful winter's day here today and I don't even need a jumper so no complaints from me!!!

Headaches are not co-operating but no migraines so I am still up and about although I am trying to limit my computer time.:lmao:
My dear old mum says I have no tolerance to pain and I am surrounded by family members that all have really high pain thresholds. :confused3

Mommasita, I am sorry you are still waiting for results. I shall send lots of healing vibes your way:hug:

Take care everyone, I am looking forward to hearing all about the trip Shelly.
:flower3:
Quasar

Oh T, I am so sorry to hear about your headaches. Nobody can judge someone else's pain. That is impossible. Limiting the comp time is probably a good idea for your head. (((GIANT AND PAINFREE HUGS TO YOU)))

Hello everyone! I hope you don't mind me chiming into your group! I hope all of you have a pain free and worry free day (or night !) Mamasita, I will keep happy and good thoughts your way. Quasar4legs, don't think twice about what your mum says. I think that those of us who suffer from migraines have a low tolerance for any head pain. Has your doctor tried you on Pamelor as a preventative? That is what did the trick for me. He also put me in PT for my neck and shoulders and my Gyn gave me very low dose estrogen for those times of the month. For my regular headaches, my neuro ok'd 5 liquid Advil. It's a lot, but it works fast and good for me as my regular ones are almost as bad as a migraine. I had a long, drug free labor and I would rather do that again then have a migraine!!

ARE YOU KIDDING. Anyone is more than welcome. So :welcome: to you. Introduce yourself if you feel like doing so.

Thank you everyone.. Lots of hugs love and painfree times.:grouphug:

Hello everyone! I hope you don't mind me chiming into your group! I hope all of you have a pain free and worry free day (or night !) Mamasita, I will keep happy and good thoughts your way. Quasar4legs, don't think twice about what your mum says. I think that those of us who suffer from migraines have a low tolerance for any head pain. Has your doctor tried you on Pamelor as a preventative? That is what did the trick for me. He also put me in PT for my neck and shoulders and my Gyn gave me very low dose estrogen for those times of the month. For my regular headaches, my neuro ok'd 5 liquid Advil. It's a lot, but it works fast and good for me as my regular ones are almost as bad as a migraine. I had a long, drug free labor and I would rather do that again then have a migraine!!

Hi Glammadiva,

You are very welcome, the more the merrier:cheer2:

Thanks for the migraine suggestions, I am taking Isoptin as a preventative and see a PT 3 times a week for hands on therapy and Pilates as my spine is heading off in unusual directions.:laughing:
One day I will visit Notre dame in Paris and people will mistake me for Quasi moto. I go back to the neurologists in a few months so hopefully he will have some more options in his bag of tricks.

Enough of my minor woes!!!

Nice to have you here glammadiva and I adore your name, very sophisticated.:grouphug:

Hope everyone has some nice plans for the weekend.
Quasar

Hello Everyone!! Thank you for the warm welcome!! I hope you all had a good weekend. My problems are so very minor compared to yours. I have fibromyalgia, fortunately my case is mild, but it becomes worse over stress. My stress load has increased because of someone I love more than anything, he got scared, pulled back, has started to move forward in small steps, but then stops again. It's almost like he pauses, catches his breath, and then moves forward again. It is so aggravating and I am not patient, so I get agitated, stressed, and the pain increases. I also suspect I have bipolar ii, but since fibro patients get brushed off so often by drs, I hesitate pursuing. The only place I am really happy and am at peace is at Mickey's house!! Everyone take care!!

Hello Everyone!! Thank you for the warm welcome!! I hope you all had a good weekend. My problems are so very minor compared to yours. I have fibromyalgia, fortunately my case is mild, but it becomes worse over stress. My stress load has increased because of someone I love more than anything, he got scared, pulled back, has started to move forward in small steps, but then stops again. It's almost like he pauses, catches his breath, and then moves forward again. It is so aggravating and I am not patient, so I get agitated, stressed, and the pain increases. I also suspect I have bipolar ii, but since fibro patients get brushed off so often by drs, I hesitate pursuing. The only place I am really happy and am at peace is at Mickey's house!! Everyone take care!!

I am sorry to read this. I have Fibro and a few other AI's, and can relate to a lot of what you are saying here.:hug: to you my friend.

Today was a super nice day here, and I am taking all the time to sit and watch the birds, catch a few rays, and just relax until next week. My DD12 is graduating elementary school, and we have a lot of preparation for that. DH is working like crazy, and well that is all I will say about that. DS15 is into his final exams fore grade 9, and is working hard at studying. Summer is almost here, 2 more weeks of school and sleeping in :lovestruc

Hi Glammadiva,
Sorry you are dealing with fibro, it sounds like it would be hard to cope with that pain on an ongoing basis.
If you are also concerned that you may have bipolar then I would look for a doctor that is prepared to help you sort out your health challenges. You deserve to have your medical needs addressed :hug:

Hope you had some time on the weekend to do something to relieve the stress.
I love to hope in the bath with an apple, a good book and if I'm lucky hubby sometimes brings me a cup of green tea once I'm all settled.
:grouphug:
Quasar

Opps, nearly forgot....................Are you home Shelly? Would love hear all about your trip. Thinking of you:hug:

Yes completely, Fever 104 , cold,cough. Body pain. Still surviving. I want to go free from all this.

Yes completely, Fever 104 , cold,cough. Body pain. Still surviving. I want to go free from all this.

Oh dear Awesome that flu sounds terrible, I hope someone is taking good care of you.
Hope you are feeling better soon :hug:

Quasar

Well its hard to believe its over.
We had a great time. The flight down was fine. When we arrived at 10 p.m the airport was dead!
We made our way over to Disney in our rental car. We checked into SSR and were given a ground floor room in the Grandstand. I was not crazy about having a ground floor room but I must say this room was great. It was a corner room facing the golf course and just 500 feet from the bus stop.

The temps were hot while we were there. After seeing the temps for the week we decided to do Animal Kingdom the next day as it was to be the coolest of days that week. On the hotest day we chose to go to the gulf coast. We went to a park called Honeymoon Island that is right on the shoreline. It is 96 degrees in Orlando when we left and a cool 80 degrees on the coast! We were amazed at all the sea shells on the beach. It I lived down there I would visit this island a lot. I was standing with just my feet in the water and you could feel the shells washing ashore!
We spent one day picking oranges. We went to World of Citrus which was 15 miles from SSR.
We went to Epcot in the morning one day till it got hot then we left to have lunch and swim. Then we went to MK in the evening since they had extra magic hours we waited till 8 p.m when it was cooler.
Spent a day visit other resorts.
We have family that live in Cocoa Beach and they are huge Disney fan so they came over one day to have dinner. The following day we went over to Cocoa to visit them and watch the Disney Dream sail away.
The best thing about staying at a DVC resort is that I can do laundry before comeing home. The laundry room at SSR has 4 washer and 8 dryers so I was able to do 3 loads of laundry in just one hour. While it was washing we went to the pool so doing laundry on vacation is not a bother for me. And I get to come home will clean clothes.
Our way home was no uneventful. Bad storms first delayed our flight by an hour, then 2 hours, then 3 hours. We decided to walk around and we decided to check our flight and low and behold the delay was back to being just 1 hour. Needless to say 20 people missed our flight because they probably thought we were still on a 3 hour delay.
We had a layover in Nashville. Our connecting flight was suppose to leave at 8:30 and we were not sure we would make it because of the orlando delay. Well it too was delayed 2 hours shoo. Well as it turns out that flight did not end up taking off until 2 a.m. We had a plane but no pilots they were comeing from Chicago which was also effected by the storms. Our flight attendants were comeing from Denver but they go diverted to Little Rock because of the storms. So once we had a full crew together the flight took off. UGH. Thank goodness my husband wasn't do to go back to work till Monday which was 4 days away.
And that was pretty much how our vacation went. I could not wait to get home and see my kitties. Who we were able to watch on the web cam thanks to Quasars help.

It was sad to see my husband return to work because we had been together everyday for 2 weeks straight.

Because it rained 4 days in a row before we left for vacation we did not get a chance to mow the grass and boy was it high. While we were gone 2 very very bad storms with hail rolled through our area but thankfully we did not have any damage.
It took us awhile to get the grass mowed. It is storming bad here this morning so I am glad I mowed 2 days ago.

Hope all is well with everyone. And welcome Gladamadiva

Well its hard to believe its over.
We had a great time. The flight down was fine. When we arrived at 10 p.m the airport was dead!
We made our way over to Disney in our rental car. We checked into SSR and were given a ground floor room in the Grandstand. I was not crazy about having a ground floor room but I must say this room was great. It was a corner room facing the golf course and just 500 feet from the bus stop.

The temps were hot while we were there. After seeing the temps for the week we decided to do Animal Kingdom the next day as it was to be the coolest of days that week. On the hotest day we chose to go to the gulf coast. We went to a park called Honeymoon Island that is right on the shoreline. It is 96 degrees in Orlando when we left and a cool 80 degrees on the coast! We were amazed at all the sea shells on the beach. It I lived down there I would visit this island a lot. I was standing with just my feet in the water and you could feel the shells washing ashore!
We spent one day picking oranges. We went to World of Citrus which was 15 miles from SSR.
We went to Epcot in the morning one day till it got hot then we left to have lunch and swim. Then we went to MK in the evening since they had extra magic hours we waited till 8 p.m when it was cooler.
Spent a day visit other resorts.
We have family that live in Cocoa Beach and they are huge Disney fan so they came over one day to have dinner. The following day we went over to Cocoa to visit them and watch the Disney Dream sail away.
The best thing about staying at a DVC resort is that I can do laundry before comeing home. The laundry room at SSR has 4 washer and 8 dryers so I was able to do 3 loads of laundry in just one hour. While it was washing we went to the pool so doing laundry on vacation is not a bother for me. And I get to come home will clean clothes.
Our way home was no uneventful. Bad storms first delayed our flight by an hour, then 2 hours, then 3 hours. We decided to walk around and we decided to check our flight and low and behold the delay was back to being just 1 hour. Needless to say 20 people missed our flight because they probably thought we were still on a 3 hour delay.
We had a layover in Nashville. Our connecting flight was suppose to leave at 8:30 and we were not sure we would make it because of the orlando delay. Well it too was delayed 2 hours shoo. Well as it turns out that flight did not end up taking off until 2 a.m. We had a plane but no pilots they were comeing from Chicago which was also effected by the storms. Our flight attendants were comeing from Denver but they go diverted to Little Rock because of the storms. So once we had a full crew together the flight took off. UGH. Thank goodness my husband wasn't do to go back to work till Monday which was 4 days away.
And that was pretty much how our vacation went. I could not wait to get home and see my kitties. Who we were able to watch on the web cam thanks to Quasars help.

It was sad to see my husband return to work because we had been together everyday for 2 weeks straight.

Because it rained 4 days in a row before we left for vacation we did not get a chance to mow the grass and boy was it high. While we were gone 2 very very bad storms with hail rolled through our area but thankfully we did not have any damage.
It took us awhile to get the grass mowed. It is storming bad here this morning so I am glad I mowed 2 days ago.

Hope all is well with everyone. And welcome Gladamadiva

YEAH. Happy to hear you are home, and enjoyed your holiday. I LOVE LOVE LOVE COCOA BEACH. I have a friend I met on the cruise forum here, and go visit her at her shop, and often stay in the area. I also do my laundry and enjoy SO much coming home to clean clothes.:laundy:

Coming home is often hard, back to reality so to speak huh.:hug: That sounds like a rough go coming home. I work in the airline industry, and those delays are hard on EVERYONE, passengers, crew, etc. You made it home safely, and hopefully both of you are rested from that.

I hope you get and are getting some decent weather to enjoy.. I am soaking it ALL up. I LOVE summer, and I have so much more less pain at this time of year, inside and out.

I get some results I got a callback for next week, and am slightly nervous you could say, so prayers, hugs, anything would be appreciated by all.
Hugs Shell :hug:

:yay::yay::yay:

Hi Shelly,

Good to hear you made it home safe and sound and it sounds like the trip was wonderful. I didn't know that cocoa beach was a 'real place', I thought that was a made-up place were Major Nelson lived in "I dream of Jeannie" :rotfl:

I know the feeling about getting back into routine after a holiday, I love it when my hubby is on vacation and we can spend more time together.

It is so nice to have you back, we missed you:hug:

Mommasita, you enjoy the sunshine and lets hope you get a good report next week.:hug:

Take Care all
Quasar

Would your freind happen to be Shirley who owns A Perfect Gift?

Also forgot to mention that while at Honeymoon Island we saw the remenants of oil on the beach in two small areas. And it must have been from the 2010 BP oil spill. It was amazing to see it. Yet I was surprise that the island is a state park and the oil had not been cleaned up.

Yep Cocoa Beach is in fact a real place. You will have to check it out. Go over on a Thrus or Sun and you can see the Disney ship sail away at 5:00 p.m Grab a bit to eat at a place called Fishlips with sits right on the port. Take a walk out to Jetty Park. It is a pier along side of the port that you can walk out to the furthest point and see the ship fad away. That is where we saw dozens and dozens of turtles. Big turtles not like the ones you see in the pet stores.

YEAH. Happy to hear you are home, and enjoyed your holiday. I LOVE LOVE LOVE COCOA BEACH. I have a friend I met on the cruise forum here, and go visit her at her shop, and often stay in the area. I also do my laundry and enjoy SO much coming home to clean clothes.:laundy:

Coming home is often hard, back to reality so to speak huh.:hug: That sounds like a rough go coming home. I work in the airline industry, and those delays are hard on EVERYONE, passengers, crew, etc. You made it home safely, and hopefully both of you are rested from that.

I hope you get and are getting some decent weather to enjoy.. I am soaking it ALL up. I LOVE summer, and I have so much more less pain at this time of year, inside and out.

I get some results I got a callback for next week, and am slightly nervous you could say, so prayers, hugs, anything would be appreciated by all.
Hugs Shell :hug:

Would your freind happen to be Shirley who owns A Perfect Gift?

Also forgot to mention that while at Honeymoon Island we saw the remenants of oil on the beach in two small areas. And it must have been from the 2010 BP oil spill. It was amazing to see it. Yet I was surprise that the island is a state park and the oil had not been cleaned up.

Yep Cocoa Beach is in fact a real place. You will have to check it out. Go over on a Thrus or Sun and you can see the Disney ship sail away at 5:00 p.m Grab a bit to eat at a place called Fishlips with sits right on the port. Take a walk out to Jetty Park. It is a pier along side of the port that you can walk out to the furthest point and see the ship fad away. That is where we saw dozens and dozens of turtles. Big turtles not like the ones you see in the pet stores.

YES IT IS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Love her and Norm. We have become close over the years. She is an absolute ANGEL! Are you friends as well?

I order a gift basket from her when we went on our cruise. She did a wonderful job. When we are over there I always point out to DH that is the place where I ordered the gift basket.
How did the two of you become friends?

Ok girls I have a delema

I have a issue. I was offered a job yesterday but I am unsure of it. Here is the scoop.

It is a temp position that will last till April 2012.

The position is verifing and correcting property records for the county. They are switching to a new system and some of the info did not transfer over correctly. I will be expected to complete 60 a day

I will actually be an employee of an appraisal company so I get paid holiday's after 90 days.

I did get to sit with one of the employees and he gave me an overview of the job and the two computer systems and it doesn't look hard.

It is also 2 miles from home!!!!

I am not sure about having another short term job listed on my resume. My last job was 9 months and the one before that was 2 years.

What are your thoughts?

Hope everyone has a great weekend! It has been on the cold side here for the past several days but the weekend looks a bit warmer but rainy.

I order a gift basket from her when we went on our cruise. She did a wonderful job. When we are over there I always point out to DH that is the place where I ordered the gift basket.
How did the two of you become friends?

Ok girls I have a delema

I have a issue. I was offered a job yesterday but I am unsure of it. Here is the scoop.

It is a temp position that will last till April 2012.

The position is verifing and correcting property records for the county. They are switching to a new system and some of the info did not transfer over correctly. I will be expected to complete 60 a day

I will actually be an employee of an appraisal company so I get paid holiday's after 90 days.

I did get to sit with one of the employees and he gave me an overview of the job and the two computer systems and it doesn't look hard.

It is also 2 miles from home!!!!

I am not sure about having another short term job listed on my resume. My last job was 9 months and the one before that was 2 years.

What are your thoughts?

Hope everyone has a great weekend! It has been on the cold side here for the past several days but the weekend looks a bit warmer but rainy.

Oh gosh, years ago I was a Moderator on the cruise forum, ordered each and every cruise from her. We started Private Messaging, and emailing, and they are wonderful people who help out so many. During hurricanes they offer their home, their cells, help to so many. Finally i went to meet her and her family, and I just adore them!:lovestruc I have not seen her in a while now, and I feel badly..

Personally, I would take the job, but I am uncertain about the temp thing? Could you not just be honest when another opportunity were to arise. Just say you need and want to work? It would show a great depth to you In my opinion :) I would rather hire someone who is willing to work, than someone who refused.. Again, my opinion.

Sorry about your weather. It is gorgeous (for now) here, this changes daily, hourly, etc.. I am enjoying floating on the pool :)

Hi All,

Shelly, I think a short-term on your resume will be fine. Perhaps in the future you could list it as contract work and if it looks like something that you would like to do close to home I would go for it.

Every time you work you develop new skills that could make you more employable in the future or maybe the job will be extended. I think that something is probably better than nothing...............if that makes sense.

Good luck making the decision.:hug:

Mommasita, Good to hear you are getting some nice sunny days so you can warm your bones.

Nothing happening here, I've been to Pilates this morning and am at this very moment avoiding doing a load of laundry:cool1:

Take care all, hope everyone has a nice weekend.
:hug:
Quasar

Hi friends!!

I hope everyone is doing well. I am doing OK. Having some issues personal/medical, but I will pull through.

Today is DD 12's elementary graduation, and what a production it is!!!!! My son's was so simple, and this is quite different. Anxious and a whole bunch of emotions all tied together, this is my baby, and she is going into HS next year, and being as it is my last. :sad1:.. This is the course of life, it just goes so darn fast sometimes.. She finishes at 11, then we will come home and get ready. The reception/graduation is in a big Italian hall at 3:30, then the kids have a dance :cool1:

We have a provincial holiday here Friday, so a long weekend it is. Summer officially starts then IMHO.

Hugs and love to all xo:grouphug:

Hi friends!!

I hope everyone is doing well. I am doing OK. Having some issues personal/medical, but I will pull through.

Today is DD 12's elementary graduation, and what a production it is!!!!! My son's was so simple, and this is quite different. Anxious and a whole bunch of emotions all tied together, this is my baby, and she is going into HS next year, and being as it is my last. :sad1:.. This is the course of life, it just goes so darn fast sometimes.. She finishes at 11, then we will come home and get ready. The reception/graduation is in a big Italian hall at 3:30, then the kids have a dance :cool1:

We have a provincial holiday here Friday, so a long weekend it is. Summer officially starts then IMHO.

Hugs and love to all xo:grouphug:

Hi All,

Mommasita, the graduation sounds lovely but I am like you and always find these things so emotional. I remember when my son was a baby and people with older children told me that time would fly I thought they were a little nuts.
Now I am older and wiser (only a little) I see that they were right, the time does pass so quickly.

Enjoy your long weekend and I hope you are getting some warm sunny days so you can warm your bones.

I shall be away next week, we are heading off to Singapore for a week to escape our aussie winter, if the volcanic ash cloud doesn't keep us grounded.
I'll be the one sitting by the pool, sipping a refreshing beverage:beach:

I have been thinking of you Mommasita:hug:

Take care all:hug:

Quasar

Hi All,

Mommasita, the graduation sounds lovely but I am like you and always find these things so emotional. I remember when my son was a baby and people with older children told me that time would fly I thought they were a little nuts.
Now I am older and wiser (only a little) I see that they were right, the time does pass so quickly.

Enjoy your long weekend and I hope you are getting some warm sunny days so you can warm your bones.

I shall be away next week, we are heading off to Singapore for a week to escape our aussie winter, if the volcanic ash cloud doesn't keep us grounded.
I'll be the one sitting by the pool, sipping a refreshing beverage:beach:

I have been thinking of you Mommasita:hug:

Take care all:hug:

Quasar

:banana::banana::banana: OOH, have a great great time!!!!!!!!!!!! Toast for me;) I hope the ash does not ground you. I'll think good thoughts for you. I'll be anxious to hear all about your trip...

Thank you for the thoughts! It was a great day. Lot's of running around, and emotions all over. Then my girlfriend won a movie screening of Bad Teacher, so her and I went to that, and it was funny.

Weather was great all week, but going to rain for the long weekend :sad2:. I feel for all those who are so looking forward to it..Maybe they'll be wrong..

Take care and hi to all:goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter